youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI
awn.com/animationworld/sweatbox-inside-emperors-new-groove
youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She's fat

I'd like to make her moan

thicc

Catchy songs. Pretty visuals. Simple but effective story. 8/10.

It's like Frozen but with an actually decent plot, a main character who isn't mentally retarded, and a really good soundtrack if I don't say so myself.

My only complaint is that best crab didn't get enough screen time.

youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q

Seriously though, he was way more interesting than the "big bad".

I'm angry that I can't for the love of god sexualize a lightly clothed islander.

The movie was nice.

It flopped

>character moans a lot
>name her moana
Really, Pixar?

needs more nude scenes

>if I don't say so myself
I don't want to be a dick, but the phrase is actually "if I DO say so myself" and it's used when you're praising your own work or skill. You'd use it if you wrote or sang the music.

Boring.

Huh, well
The moar u know

This. And, as always, this Disney princess is awesome and fappable.

Did anyone else find Lava Te Fiti truly frightening? Especially the bit when she sees Moana with the heart and violently drags herself across the sea floor? I thought it was great.

i want to fuck that mountain

Disney's revival era last fart.

Just saw it and thought it was pretty good desu. The only part I really disliked was Maui's sudden character regression towards the end, when he ditched Moana. Felt like it was going through the motions and it wasn't appropriate given his character development.

that felt right for me, I mean

>everything is going fine, i guess i am going to follow this bitch and fuck her later
>oh noes, my magic thing is broken, no bitch is worth it
>bye!

What I didn't like was he coming back for no reason.

she needs to get slimed

Shiny is a decent song, the soundtrack in general is OK, but the movie itself is nothing special. Disney's budget helps carry it, but the story was nothing that unique and didn't do much.

I laugh every time Disney tries to do a brown people movie, and every time they're shown the sales will always be bad because people don't want to watch movies about brown people.

>What I didn't like was he coming back for no reason.

That's also what made it so shitty, because you just know that he's going to miraculously come back at the end. It felt 'paint by numbers' to me.

He came back because of what Moana said to him. He mulled it over and came back. You could argue that they should have developed that part more, but you can't say that it was for no reason unless you weren't paying attention.

I know why he came back, but I feel like the edited the part were the tattoo makes him realize he needs to help moana or something, it just felt rushed and dumb.

It was good.

Indeed. Reminiscent of Nausicaa.

She'll never be nice and SHINY

Really though for some reason I had it in the back of my head that we were going to find out that granny was actually something supernatural, either one of the monsters seeking to manipulate Moana for nefarious purposes or maybe one of the gods that had spent the last thousand years for a proper pawn to come about

Silly especially since the evil version of that was just done with Zoo, but something seemed really off with her character to me

what did they mean by this?

>maui dissapears
>moana locks the chicken in the boat
>moana drops the boat to have the chicken somehow catch it
>the chicken wasnt maui
they fucked that one up hard

I really liked the song shiny, when I heard it instantly reminded me of moonman from rick and morty which broke my immersion
>using the main villain song on a one off character we never see again
why???

It was better than Frozen or Tangled. Great visuals, some of the best songs Disney has done in a while, good enough plot for a kid's movie. Sadly, it came after Zootopia and, as such, no one will remember it.

I mean, were they going to have the fallen volcano god sing?

Like, that actually sounds really cool but the point was that any characterization or insight into Te Ka's motivations beyond "wants the damn Heart" would have spoiled the reveal

Maybe if the song WAS the reveal?

I haven't seen it (yet) but I have checked out some of the songs and - well, I presume the first part of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=e2Lm1-W0jow
is the grandmother, but all I can hear is Charlie Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=ewINVWtjNDE
and I'm afraid that part's ruined for me.

Moana is to Zootopia what Pocahontas is to Lion King

Moana is so fornulatic it hurt to watch, you could pinpoint where they had to force certain part of formula.

Well, shit. I was surprised when that chicken for once managed to do something right by catching that gem and delivering it to Moana. Based on his portrayal throughout the movie, something like that seemed too complex and OOC for him. But now after reading that post, I'm a little disappointed they didn't use Maui's shape-shifting abilities there.

Exactly. A good movie, but a formulaic one that will be overshadowed in memory by a better movie that came out close to it.
On the upside, Moana has the best hair and water effects I've ever seen. I'm half convinced that Disney wanted to make Moana just to show off how much their animators have improved at making hair and water.

cankles

>unnoticed for forty minutes

I noticed. It's mildly interesting but not enough to comment on.

>Trump getting elected
>Moana fails

Guess America doesn't like non-whites

Heh history does repeat itself...When's zootopia 2? I need baby boxes...funnies...whatever.

puffy

It's passed Wreck-It Ralph at the worldwide box office, did better than Big Hero 6 in the domestic, and will make a bigger profit for Disney than Tangled did (cost a lot less, made more in domestic, and will probably match or exceed it worldwide).

So, no, it's not a flop.

But it won't sell any merch. BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY.

actually merc is how studios make most of their profits

Yes, exactly. My post was partially facetious, but Moana's inability to sell merch like Frozen is what's going to cause it to be brushed under the rug.

Cars didn't do that amazing in the box office, but they continue to make more films because it sells billions in toys. It's also why Frozen had a confirmed sequel a short while after release while Zootopia has nothing.

Is there good fat/thicc art of her? I've yet to see any for some reason

Zootopia 2: Nick and Judy need to take care of a baby - perfect allegory for same sex or interracial couple family struggles.Great social commentary and another billion dollars!!

>It's also why Frozen had a confirmed sequel a short while after release while Zootopia has nothing.

I don't recall seeing much Zootopia merchandise at all, at least not collector quality like they'd normally do for their princess movies. Disney was caught off guard.

Zootopia had great merchandise potential, starting obviously with plushies, then comes playsets vehicles, etc etc.
We can only blame the writers for that, they were too busy jerking off over their noir movie idea, not realizing it would have very limited audience:
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI

It's like they WANTED the movie to fail.

>Disney was caught off guard.

That's not it. Disney never expected Frozen to be a hit and they had a huge problem with meeting demands for all the people who wanted Elsa dolls.

Children apparently just weren't interested in a Judy or Nick plush.

>What's the verdict?
I want a Maui cartoon where each episode is him unlocking a new tattoo.

Personal rating:

>Wreck-it-Ralph
>Zootopia
>Tangled
>Meet the Robinsons
>Big Hero 6
>Moana
>Frozen
>Chicken Little

never watched Bolt

I recall disappointing my Niece with the revelation that large Clawhauser dolls didn't exist.

>disappointing my "niece"
okay user

I don't understand

>I recall disappointing myself with the revelation that large Clawhauser dolls didn't exist.

There. Was that easier?

Frozen is our Lion King, an ovverated movie, bastardisation of the original story (TLK - Kimba the white lion, Frozen - snow queen)

Zootopia is Emperor's New groove/Kingdom of the sun. It's over, time to wait another 15 years for Disney to make a good movie again.

Sounds like you're projecting there user

is that a vagina?

GUILTY

how big?

Now how the fuck is someone going to balance their rock on top of that in the next generation? Moana really should've thought that through. Special snowflake.

...no, she's not. Not even close.

Maui better not try to crawl up it then.

Exactly, it means they're done stagnating on that island. It's not disrespectful of past chiefs, it's saying that time is over.

Moana was just mediocre.

There's your answer

fun songs
top tier animation

not a bad year for animation, moana/two strings/red turtle

Not really. One of the best non-Frozen Disney films gross wise

Indeed. That scene was just epic, transmitted pure rage effectively

It's one of the most successful non-Frozen films, user.

That this island will never again be inhabitted

This

Bitch, Zootopia is already going the Big Hero 6 route and fading from public consciousness

that's why BH6 getting a tv show.

and Zootopia comic books.

Better than Frozen.
Much better than Zootopia.

yes.
no.

America doesn't like Trump. He just won by technicality.

Well, I'm of the opinion that Zootopia was a really boring movie.

I can see why people like it and I admire the message but, I was really bored by the character interactions and underwhelmed by a lot of subplot resolutions (the gangsters accepting the cops because his daughter talks about dresses with the bunny, for example). The action scenes were good but, for me, that was really all I got out of it.

k.

>Zootopia is Emperor's New groove/Kingdom of the sun.
Huh?

Also now I wonder what the original plot of Emperor would've been with that title.

Sweatbox documentary. disney is quite ashamed of that so it's hard to find online, they keep taking it down.

awn.com/animationworld/sweatbox-inside-emperors-new-groove

Watched it yesterday. I like the work behind it, all the investigation and clever interpretation of the Polynesia islands. The visual design and the animation is a reflection of that investigation, delightful.
However, it feels like they made the movie with a manual. It has everything form the Hero's Journey... but it feels mechanical.
I would not recommend it, except for the design.

Yes, that song was the best part of the movie.

Tangled > Frozen > Moana

Passable, better than a lot of trash that came out recently, but I wouldn't pay to see it again.

At first I thought that site had a Facebook comments plugin, but then I noticed the dates on those comments. Reading the words "14 years ago" on a blog comment freaks me out for some reason.

Anyway, it's not that hard to find Sweatbox. Disney does keep taking it down, but people also keep uploading it online again.

The next chief ought to just drop their stone on top of it. There will be fragments under it, so she can't say it erases her legacy, she should have just kept the shell and put down a rock like the other chiefs.

So wait, Zootopia was a jumbled mess in production?

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI

just watch this.

Boring.

Loser

Asia hates brown people. That's why it's underperforming. It did great in America.

it's not even out in japan, they're waiting for another golden week.

WiR is getting a sequel
Frozen is getting a sequel
Both sold a shit ton of merchandise

We'll know if Moana was a success if it gets a sequel or becomes the next overnight cultural sensation (it wont)

...WiR had merchandise?

Not bad, a standard but decently structured story that got the job done.
My only issue was the pacing. I understand there was a lot of elements needed to fit in the movie, but there were moments I felt that could've used well placed pause or period for us to catch our breath and take it in.

Weird, for me he was one of the weakest parts, which was double the disappointment because, as you said, there's no real big bad so the crab should've filled that kind of role

I don't know why, i guess the scene was too much of a cliche, even if on the nose. The song was decent i guess

it's like irony is lost in you

Beautiful movie but linear storyline & missed hitting any original emotional chords.

Good movie.
Moanna herself was the weakest part of the film.

She was a brown gramma with a tattoo. That feels off...