Action Comics #972 Storytime

Okay, NOW it's the finale of Men of Steel!

Last stop before Prime Time

Other urls found in this thread:

supermansupersite.com/metropolis2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh my godddddd

THIS VARIANT IS PRECIOUSSSS

Thanks for the story time.

Waaaait did powerless Supes become a ninja?

Is it just me or is Lex starting to admire Superman now that he doesn't have powers?

JLvSS:

Well, ain't that something.

aww shit based hank

He looks like he's about to fly off with the cat

Yeah he stopped crime when his Metropolis was bottled and he had no powers

Why is this clark kent so spooky and weird.

What the fuck is happening.

No one knows but people think he's Superman Prime.

God dammit. I want Lex to stay good

Yeah...pretty hard to give a guy a chance when his duplicate gave up total omnipotence that could've saved everyone for all time just to try and kill you.

But then, he's Superman.

this was so boring

Cyborg Clark Kent?

>we'll never see this on the big screen
Hurts

Iconic Superman right here.

In the DCEU the kid would scream and the mother would spit on Superman's shoes to show how PUNISHED he is.

>Supes doesn't agree with punishing someone for a crime they might commit
Unintentional slap at Captain Fascist. Go Supes!

He know's Bat-Jutsu, Kryptonian Martial Arts, and as a teenager he studied with the greatest martial artist of the 30th/31st century(though that's probably all muscle memory due to repeated memory wipes) also he's seen multiple universes' catalogs of Kung-Fu movies.

Ninja doesn't even come close.

Anyone know what time it is?

And also yeah, he did the hooded crime-buster thing, but I remember the outfit being a little less Tenchu: Super Assassin.

fug

well I'll be damned that's cool

Thanks for sharing user.
So this is definitely Henshaw Supes coming back? Is he the REDACTED of the April solit?

Well that scene could mean that Supes rescues Lex from Darkseidification

He'll be replaced by old 52 Lex. What was the last of him, I don't remember what happened to him after he lost his God powers prior to flashpoint.

NA NA NA NA NA Prime Time!

>New-52 Lex and Superdad vs pre-52 Lex
>New-52 Lex sacrifices himself to save Superman
We don't deserve him.

who is this character in the visions with long hair?

That makes no sense New 52 Lex should be Pre New 52 Lex.

MURDERCAROL BTFO

Nah nu52 Lex is completely different. He might still be an asshole. Old Lex was a sociopath megalomaniac that rathers lose godlike powers just not to see a happy superman.

That would rather lose godlike powers WHILE OMNISCIENT AND ABLE TO SENSE THE JOY AND HAPPINESS HE WAS ABLE TO GIVE THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

He was something special.

PC Anti-Matter Clark Kent

I really love both Lex's. They're both fucking great!

pre-fp lex was outside the universe when fp happened so he might have escaped like clark and his family did

Would somebody be able to link to the other action comic storylines please

OH FUCK THAT'S POST CRISIS CYBORG SUPERMAN!

I feel bad for Lex. In normal circumstances he should have become the Superior Superman with his own ongoing after the death of Superbro, instead we got PostCrisis Superman stepping in and Kenan becoming the legitimate heir of new52 Superman.
However I'm not complaining since I'm pretty satisfied with the Superman line right now

Nah, he's Post-Crisis Cyborg Superman.

Personality wise yes they're different but they should be the same person according to Rebirth.

>Superman: Stop stealing my imagery, Lex!

Kinda petty.

Well, it is his family crest.

i like when show that Superman is not just superpowered guy.

This entire arc has been a strawman for Civil War II

Luthor really doesn't give Superman much credit, does he?

Isn't this the non-kryptonian dude from another dimension Superbro helped/captured? Ulysses or something.

No it's Superbro's family crest.

plz don't end Superlex

Damn, I actually liked lex being superman. Sad that storyline is over now. So now Lex is just gonna run the daily planet and someday take control of Apokolips? Hell, Superdad is dumb for not just letting Lex continue to act likes supes. It would have stopped him from having free time to do evil things.

I would say he served his purpose as Superman he wanted to be Superman pay tribute to him and he did but now there's another Superman flying around so he doesn't need to be Superman anymore.

He still will be using the armor, just dropping the cape. There's a solicit that mentioned Lex fighting.

Who?

bag milk, wtf, Superman is an evil Canadian clone!?!

>Not knowing the Superbro name
Check out more Superman threads newfag.

technically Joel Schuster was born in Canada, but he moved to America when he was 10. However Canada still tries to claim him because they have nothing.

fuck your 52 shitbag Superman

There's only one Superman now :^)

Powerless Superman exhibits qualities that Lex prides in himself without the filter of "it's easy to bee confident when you've got god powers"

Technically 2 counting Kenan Kong who has the powers of Suberbro he's carrying on Superbro's legacy.

Except we did. 40 years ago.

Dude, Metropolis is explicitly based on Toronto.

But that's part of the whole story of Superman. He's an immigrant that came to America in his childhood, who lives up to its highest ideals while not rejecting his original heritage.

Not many (non-douchebags) try to claim Superman is totally Canadian. But trying to claim there's no Canadian influence is just as douchebaggy, right?

Metropolis is based on New York, where the hell do you even see Toronto influence?

It was originally based on Cleveland in the Golden Age, but it's been New York by day (as opposed to Gotham being New York by night) for decades now.

The time has come and so have I

No, this is better. Lex has the chance to be his own hero, not stealing the name of another one. Luthor should create his own identity, anything else is beneath him, he has too much class for it. This comic was Lex overcoming his jealousy of Superman.

Based on his experience with Superbro, of course not.

Cleveland because he grew up in Cleveland, it's where he moved to from Canada.

Clark worked at a KFC for 2 years.

"The co-creator and original artist of Superman, Joe Shuster, modeled the Metropolis skyline after Toronto, where he was born and lived until he was ten.[1] Since then, however, the look and feel of Metropolis has been greatly influenced by New York City.[2][3][4]"

[1] ^ supermansupersite.com/metropolis2.html
[2] ^ Fleisher, Michael and Lincoln, Janet E. The Great Superman Book (Grand Central Publishing, 1978), pp. 223–225.
[3] ^ MacDonald, Heidi; Peter Sanderson (2006-01-30). "New York Is Comics Country". Publishers Weekly. Reed Elsevier. Archived from the original on August 17, 2007. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
[4] ^ Bridwell, E. Nelson. "Metropolis Mailbag," Superman #306 (Dec. 1976).

Over the decades, obviously, New York's had a massive influence on the way Metropolis is depicted as well, but DC actually does set comics and base heroes in NY as well, so it's not a replacement or carbon copy, naturally.

This is like that episode of JLA

Fairly average cover.

Was it always "Metropolis"? Or, like Gotham, did is start out as NYC?

Awesome variant though.

The seven issues of Action Comics (1938) Superman was in didn't actually name the city he operated out of, but that's the thing, he rarely ever actually did much in his home town in that series. He flew all over the world, taking on problems all over America, and the world, with no real consistency from one issue to the next.

The actual city he lived in at the time was just called "The City", he was in Washington DC in the second issue, fighting corrupt arms dealers and military commanders, corrupt mine owners, a phony "Superman's Manager", etc.

It wasn't until Superman #1 (1939) that he actually started living and working in a defined city, which was, from the first issue, Metropolis. We get a new re-telling of the origin story, Clark getting a job at the Daily Star, all of it, as if it was a brand new series with no Action Comics history behind it.

So technically, no, Action Comics #1 didn't ever say "MEANWHILE, IN METROPOLIS", but it didn't say "MEANWHILE, IN NEW YORK", or "MEANWHILE, IN CLEVELAND", or anywhere else, either.

As of Superman #1, it was Metropolis from the start, and from then on, though.

Thanks, OP.