ITT: flicks that have been blatantly shilled and marketed on Sup Forums by paid professionals...

ITT: flicks that have been blatantly shilled and marketed on Sup Forums by paid professionals. I'll start with the most obvious one: Blade Runner 2049

Also the flick is mediocre, so you can fuck right off Sony.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/statistics/activity/
youtube.com/watch?v=iy4mXZN1Zzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pretty sure Sony gets no money from the North American sales, and Sup Forums is mostly used by Americans

How many people browse Sup Forums? I don't see it being enough for paid shills to be cost-effective. Plus it's not like a Blade Runner sequel directed by Villeneuve needs much marketing to a forum used predominantly by nerdy young white men, a demographic that'd undoubtedly go and see the film anyway.

100,000 people a day

This so much. The Sup Forums i know doesnt unironically (((enjoy))) anything, rather savages it, as only we can, with the most incisive of memes and keks.

Marvel capeshit.

It's so fucking obvious.

Every movie that anyone claims to like is paid shilling. No movies are good. There am i cool now?

get help

You serious? I thought it'd be much smaller than that. If that's the case then I can see some form of shilling potentially being worthwhile, although I'd still wager it takes place far less than people think.

nice one really slid the thread there man
its pretty sad how obvious it is

I'm 99% Netflix shows
Every single one gets a general no matter how garbage or not hyped up it is

There something seriously wrong with you people. The delusion is so specific and so weird I feel like there should be a special entry for it in the DSM.

Everything is shilled.
Also
>paid """""professionals"""""
Shilling is some profession.

can I get a citation on that my dude?

400,000 according to moot in 2013. Sure you can take out at least 100,00 for ban evading whyfoofags, but that's still 300,00

And that was when Sup Forums was still slower than even Sup Forums.

Why is it that the only time Sup Forums is a secret club is when people bring up shilling?

I loved BR 2049. It is by far my favorite movie in well over a decade. I felt an emotional connection with the characters, especially K. I immediately felt like discussing its themes, music, direction, cinematography, characters, etc. I came here to do that with other like-minded fans and to engage with those who disagreed about the film's quality. People like myself exist and are on this board. Your post is full of assumptions about people like me. Can't I be a fan of something and passionate and eager to discuss a recent film on a board entirely dedicated to the discussion of film/television?

I am not now, nor have I ever been a shill. Begin to deal with that fact.

>film has gorgeous visuals, autistic MC played by Goose, is faithful to the original and has like 5 waifus
>flops in the box office
Yeah, I'm sure Sup Forums, a board full of contrarians, wouldn't ever like a movie like this one.
faggot

the only marketing campaign is the one that's attempting to sabotage BR2049 so people will go watch Geostorm and American Made instead

I'm onto you, fucking slimy ass shill

god you make me want to puke

How does it feel to have no taste?

You may not be a shill but you are for sure a fag with bad taste in cinematic entertainment

Great example.

The process works like :
Paid shills say its a masterpiece. Average moviegoer sees the movie, doesn't like it. thinks the flick is too deep to understand so thinks the problem is with him. Decides to say the flick is good because he is afraid that people will think he is too stupid to understand it.

In actuality, it was a mediocre film. But advertised as a masterpiece.

Btw, I know there are some people who genuinely thought it was good, but they are young antisocial teenagers who identified with the main character and thought the movie did a good job of realizing their virgin dreams with the holo waifu.

There is nothing wrong with that but you can't call it a good film based off of that . You can only say "I liked it."

You tell us. We've all seen your top movies of 2017 that sit beside baby runner

>also the flick is mediocre
So it's only shilling when you don't like the movie. Got it. It's impossible for people to like things you don't. If they say they do it's all shilling and pretend. Holy shit what an insufferable deluded narcissist you are.

WHOOP THERE IT IS

>Normal people will think it's a masterpiece because antisocial teens on an anonymous imageboard will tell them it is
What a great plan.

imagine being this delusional

I wasn't talking about /TV alone.

I'm talking about the general process of advertising a prententious flick.
Yes it was done in /TV too, but I think at least half of the fans of the movie in TV liked for the other reasons I mentioned(film somehow resonated with young virgin antisocial males).

Do you have any evidence at all of a film deliberately being marketed this way? Any emails or correspondence? Because you mention this process like it's something wikileaks released and not a conclusion you came to then retroactively tried to justify.

Fuck you. I loved it.

Identifying newfags: they treat Sup Forums as a hivemind and base their opinions on their perception of "board consensus." Frequently, they write posts using words like "we" and "our" to insinuate a rhetorical high ground from being part of a majority of anons. Pathetic.

Evidence aside from common sense, personal experience and observation ?

Well I did my MA on Marketing communicaiton and public relations if that counts for something.

Do any of the Sony emails mention viral marketing on Sup Forums?

None of those things are evidence. You're making a baseless accusation.

I can say based on so called common sense, that recent anti BR threads are being made by Disney shills just prior to release of Thor. See how that works?

wtf I hate movies discussed on Sup Forums now

Dredd
Purge 1
Warcraft
That MTV movie where the thing kills through Skype

>BR2049 receives a mediocre marketing campaign
>dumbasses on Sup Forums honestly believe any of that modest amount of money went into influencing Sup Forums

You're looking for a boogeyman that doesn't make sense to exist.

>common sense
you are delusional and borderline insane if you believe in the OP

Why did Microsoft need to shill windows 10 on Sup Forums even though they were giving it away for free?

>It is by far my favorite movie in well over a decade. I felt an emotional connection with the characters, especially K. I immediately felt like discussing its themes, music, direction, cinematography, characters, etc.

The sad part is, if this is true.

Very strange stuff, but I guess shilling doesn't happen on this totally sekret klub since one guy said so

>somebody liked something
Truly tragic. God some of you people are miserable. Get get some sun light.

I liked it but doesn't Sup Forums hate Villenueve?

>thread dies when proof shows up
lmao

If this movie was shilled here, then they hired some very good ones, because threads barely repeated themselves except for waifu fags using the same cam rip webms.

Also, most of the threads were actually discussing and addressing important points the film, basically the opposite of what happens to most capeshit here.

Another important point in most of the first threads was that a lot of shitposting was done by ppl who didn't see the film, and it was painfully obvious. This generated a lot of aggressive counters.

I honestly feel this film connected to a lot of different ppl, even most old fans really appreciated the movie.

I don't see any proof of shilling BR2049 or capeshit.
Capeshit in particular needs no shilling because most people have shit tastes. If you believe capeshit is shilled, you are like those conspiracy theory nuts that believe in all sort of bullshit because they are incapable of accepting how random and brutal the world is.. and how dumb the average human is.

>brainlet doesn't see kino masterpiece for what it is and assumes you have to be paid to like it

I loved BR2049, saw it multiple times, and enjoy discussing it on Sup Forums - Television & Film. Where are my Sony bux?

It follows and the babadook. Used to be no less then half a dozen shill threads up at a time, it was some of the most blatant viral marketing I've seen on this website

>I honestly feel this film connected to a lot of different ppl, even most old fans really appreciated the movie.

this

Take your medicine before you hurt yourself or others, angry schizo

You seriously think Sup Forums still gets those numbers. Based off my own memory I'd say there has to be at most half as many users now than there were 4-5 years ago

You're joking right? Sup Forums has only been getting bigger and bigger each year
archive.4plebs.org/tv/statistics/activity/

If it wasn't for the 2016 elections we'd be right behind Sup Forums and Sup Forums at this point

Blair Witch (2016)

Sony is a big fat retarded cocksucking Corp, but Blade Runner was kino. Just because someone likes something it doesn't mean a phantom shilling group is behind it.

hi sihll

lets be blunt, the only reason Sup Forums likes this is because it underperformed at the box office and was largely ignored by the hype culture press mill. The second this gains a larger cult following, similar to the original, Sup Forums'll shit all over it, claiming anyone who claims Sup Forums ever liked it is lying and should speak for themselves

Jesus Christ

what? you know its true

Sup Forums was liking it before that. I would argue that after it was aknowldged as a bomb, the fedoras went less autistic about 2049

br 2049 is the epitome of mediocre

the only reason Sup Forums like it is because of the pretty holographic girl. who is fucking annoying and i wish she had died sooner

Sup Forums*

>10+ BR threads in the catalog at any time for 2 full weeks after its release even after it got a general
Yeah it was shilled alright, either by actual paid shills or people brainwashed into being shills that do it for free like the feel guy

>If you make a thread you're a shill

>dozens of "tfw no holographic gf" threads
>sometimes even at the same time
Either shill or underage, and no matter the option, the post quality has dropped in the double digits and it just keeps going down

Maybe it'a salty Neofags who want to shit up this board with their terrible opinions after their own site imploded

about to go watch it for the ninth time, after seeing it twice yesterday. only got a week before its out of theaters. stay pleb OP

It's pretty obvious what's going on. There are no shills. There are just people trying to get easy (You)'s by making threads about a popular movie.

When someone makes a thread like "Will this kino ever be surpassed?" they are not a shill, they are not even a fan of the movie, they are just trying to provoke a reaction from people with a low effort exaggerated statement. Actually a big amount of threads here are like this.

>entertainment

IT'S FREE AND GREAT

What?! Do you hate #FUN or what? You don't belong here, you reddit.com user, go back!! Or go buy tickets to Thor Ragnarok now in theaters!

Just got back from my second viewing, picked up a lot more small details this time around, thought luv was a uberbitch the first time, now I think she was probably tragic character who just wanted to be loved. There was a lot going on with her

Thor Ragnarok as we fucking speak. When the first trailer dropped mods had to stop a raid, and then two weeks later another one for The Last Jedi. I think the nazi Porg meme is spammed by shills too

hello shill!

>imagine having nothing good in your life to the point that you find it incomprehensible that another person could feel enthusiasm for something so you spend your days posting about paid shills on an East Timorese glass blowing forum

Think I'd just end it if I ever end up like that desu

What's the appeal of (You)'s? I don't understand.

Do you really need to ask this in times of facebook and instagram likes and reddit upvotes? Some people crave validation no matter how shallow it is. They will gladly repost content just for some internet points.

There is blatant counter posting from MCEU.
They want their IPs back and they want to out movie DCEU like 80's comic style or maybe that was 90's
Marvelshills are like the endgame of trolls.
Maybe becuase they are hooked up with disney.
Now that you think about it, disney shills there shit on here too.
But they push their child stars more which is next level trollshilling.

Marvel dc and Disney obviously

i guess its obvious
i always just kind of hope most people on Sup Forums go on here exactly to escape from that bullshit.

Pretty much anything with a /general/

clever, here's your (You)

*steals your windows 7 key when you try and go back*

For some anons (You)s are the highest point of their day, don't bully pls

I'm not a paranoid person nor do I hate disney but I really believe they market marvel and star wars shit here.
Weirdly enough I think they even start threads that mock their own product to fuel discussion

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that they didn't use this song in the film. would have fit SO perfectly. the lyrics and everything. should of have it play the moment he saw giant pink joi

youtube.com/watch?v=iy4mXZN1Zzk

>I am not now, nor have I ever been a shill. Begin to deal with that fact.

I wish I was getting paid to shit post about BR

>movie is a sequel to cult classic most people on Sup Forums love
>stars the goose, who was previously in Sup Forums meme cult hit Drive
>literally everyone on the board worth a damn went to see it
yeah man its viral marketing sure

t. Brainlet

the only shills I've noticed are 'looks like x is back on the menu' posters with x being something related to a new movie. but they're idiots and have no idea what they are doing or how this shit works

Rush of oxytocin, gets addictive, some people take it too far

Blame sony
Sony doesn't do NA of this film which is the majority of TV
user can't understand that this film a love letter to Sup Forums and waifus