It's a 6/10, really. Maybe don't see it?

This movie does what other Marvel movies do and distract you from the fact that it's a heaping pile of wasted potential with jokes.

1) Odin's death in front of his two sons. It's literally forgotten and everyone gets back to quipping in minutes. Maybe even a single minute.
2) Bruce possibly never turning back again. Sounds horrifying right? Losing your mind and body forever to a beast? Well, it's mocked.
3) Hela's relationships with her brothers/Odin. Her motivations are clear, but she's just weak in general.
4) Loki & Thor reuniting after Thor thought he was dead. 0 emotion.
5) The death's of the Warriors 5. Thor literally never speaks about them. Sif isn't even in the movie. They die faster than you can remember them.
6) The destruction of Asgard is quickly followed by a joke when their home is literally blown to pieces and everything they know and love gone.
7) The entire Planet Hulk storyline. Butchered. It's nothing like the comics. If you're going for this, trust me, DON'T!
8) Death of Skurge. Didn't really care about him during the movie. He was somewhat sympathetic, but he really doesn't mater at all.

All of those are done horribly. Each of them have the potential to be gamechangingly (?) sad, but are underminded or just completely forgotten. Seriously, if you're expecting an OUNCE of emotional depth or stakes from the movie since it is RAGNAROK, don't see it.

Hela is quite crap. She's almost a b-plot. Goldblum is quite good, but is in maybe 20 minutes max.
Action is meh at best. It's just (sometimes) good for jokes. I would say wait for it to come out online. This movie is a 6/10.

delete this you DC shill

Did say it was a 6/10. It could keep a normie entertained for 2 hours, I think, with the jokes. It's just that it could have been a LOT better.

What's their excuse for cutting Thor's hair? Is there a post credit scene linking this to Infinity War? Does Thor appear shirtless anytime in the movie?

>What's their excuse for cutting Thor's hair
It's just gladiator reasons, really. Like how they buzz cut you in the military (or at least the movies do).

> Is there a post credit scene linking this to Infinity War
Seems that way. In the mid credits there might be, but it's not 100% clear.

>Does Thor appear shirtless anytime in the movie
Oh boy does he. You even get some Hulk butt cheeks if you're into that.

How bad was Skurges last stand

It's bad enough that none of the other characters in the movie even acknowledge it. Even the villain doesn't think of it as that miuch of a big deal and kills him like she killed literally everyone else in this movie, quickly.
You might care a tinyyyy bit, but for the most part, you won't.

Also, Skurge is nothing like his comic counter part and is more of a joke character with a hidden hear of gold. Another reason why I didn't even really care. Should have given the place to Sif, at least we've seen her in previous movies.

4/10 flick. Memes and quips, shit plot, dual wielding assalut rifles and other utter garbage. Cameo of some other capeshit fucks for no reason other than memes.

Cliche gladiators revolt for fucking no sense and plot is built and discarded. This whole move had no sense, but asians were clapping and laughing, so it will sell. Saw it for free so i don't mind, i would never pay for this flick

Is it true that Thor loses an eye?

Yes but just meme. It's just random 5-sec scene near end and then hes pirate so it can be new Odin.

Yeah, man. But it doesn't really affect the story or how he fights in any way, was more done as a symbol of how he is now King of Asgard since Odin is gone.

Agreed. I wouldn't recommend paying, but again, normies will eat it up because of the jokes and at least 'meh' action. And it will sell because of Hulk and the Marvel banner too.

That's odd. In that """leaked""" Infinity War trailer with the GotG he appears to have both eyes.

Also losing his hammer so probably won't affect other movie and he need eye and hammer for selling toys.

Trust me, most things are dubbed over in CGI. When watching this movie, you'll see scenes from the trailers that are done completely differently. They probably did it to avoid spoilers for this, since they were showing it at comic con. Shot the scene twice, one with an eye patch and one without. Or just CG, yeah.

This was the first MCU film I have seen at the cinema in a few years. I was not disappointed by it because I expected this sort of drivel. Nothing that occurred in the entire film seemed to have any emotional weight or moral ambiguity. It was like watching a movie created from an algorithm. How do these films keep receiving critical acclaim? It's mind boggling to see that films like this are better received than Blade Runner 2049.

They'll reintroduce it after the Ragnarok run of toys without the hammer so they can differentiate (read: drop toy accessory / save money) their products.

Thanos is fucking his eye up in the trailer too

this.

Cliche short plots (gladiator, gladiator rebelion, mad max thing etc.) all leading nowhere. Penis and anus jokes. Race diverse asgard refugees going to sweden. Meme stone guy. Random Hulk. Random Strange. It all makes no sense and it's just memes and quips put together by ducktape.

How do they explain Hulk being in space and not on earth?

This guy gets it. It's the quips. This is the first capeshit movie that's come out since I came on here and I'm actually starting to believe the Mouse rumours. He has to be paying people because this is not 8/10 in any realm.

Honestly if you need every movie to be serious and slow like Blade Runner you're just pretentious. Normal well adjusted people go to the movies to have fun, if you have a problem with people having fun, you really need to work on your social skills.

Random spaceship crashed in the space mad max world. Absolutely makes no sense, this movie is dumb and they just wanted meme smashing PTSD from Loki and reapeted joke with smashing on thor. Just memes, don't even explain shit. Also angry hulk is easly beaten, losing fistfight with Thor.

The marvel universe has been going for 10 years now and still no one has realized that the villains are always the B plot. Every single film is more about the heroes dumbass

Sucked through a wormhole and Valkyrie brought him to the Grand Master. No idea how he got into space in a Quinnjet, we just see some second hand footage of Hulk being sucked out the back and a line from the Grand Master saying Valkyrue brought him his best champion, so I assume that's it.
>Hulk goes space
>Random wormhole
>Valkyrie find him
>Brings to Grand Master.

>the films are about the heroes
>the heroes all have the same personality and no depth or complexity
What did the shill mean by this?

fuck off

There was a running joke through the entire movie where Thor says he won the fight when he didn't. You massive cunt.

Does it worth downloading a camrip?

OP what's your favorite capeshit? Favorite Marvel, favorite MCU if it's not your favorite Marvel. And your favorite film in general?

I need to know to determine if your taste can be trusted.

>willingly pay to see capeshit and star wars
>willingly contribute to the profit margin
>critique this kiddie-tier shit on Sup Forums

I just pointed out that the villains of the movies are b plot and that the focus of the movie is the characters, not that the characters are done well. Settle down, it's just a movie.

It doesn't need to be grimdark, user, it's just it's nothing but jokes. There's no change of tone ever. Nothing impacts you in any way.

You say that like I'm dumb for expecting a competent villain?

She was very competent I thought - just saying that the focus of marvel movies have never been the villains, so expecting them to focus on them is dumb.

Did you even watch this flick? He beat hulk but was zapped by arena master.
>zapping thunder god
>beating Hulk
all makes no sense.

The Hulk wasn't beaten though was he? He was about to start fighting again.

Ummm no. You can wait for DVD I'd say. You'd still want to see it in halfway decent quality, but yeah.

Favourite Marvel? Winter Soldier maybe? I don't know, I'm not the biggest Marvel fan to begin with, mate.

Never seen Star Wars
Contributed because I didn't want to turn down a good time with mates...

She was underused and I think you misunderstand what I meant by b-plot. Nobody is expecting her to be in more of the movie than Thor. It's just her and Asgard are a B Plot to Sakaar with no sense of emergency.

Sounds like you can't handle a little bit of humor to balance out all the screaming and explosions. Newsflash: Superheroes aren't real, and acting like they should be taken seriously is autism.

name one disney capeshit that isnt exactly the same crap? let me guess, there's a big air battle at the end

It does not matter.

Also they reapeted almost crtl+c crtl+v same scene - Thor is beaten, he see Odin, he use lightining magick. Same vs hulk and villain bitch. Boring, predictable, cliche, everything about this movie was bad.

I only liked arena master memester, he was kinda ripoff from V element and some other movies but likeable.

*sigh* again, there's no change in tone. My point is that there IS NO balance. Superheros aren't real, of course. Neither is time travel and plenty of people cried at the end of Interstaller. Is everything that's fiction supposed to be comedic drool?
And as for the screaming and explosions, they weren't even that good either.
Stop trying to seem cool and have an actual conversation.

Thought Winter Soldier was quite well done. Definitely not the same as this.

Well it sounds like the movie is a straight comedy. Is that really so bad? Seems like a nice break from all the grimdark superhero movies we have to endure every year.

I take all of the film criticism I can get from the trolling assholes, neckbeards and cunts of Sup Forums.

I mean, we've gotten Spider-Man Homecoming and Guardians 2 this year, last one was I guess BvS and that was over a year and a half ago. It's just a comedy can have sad moments. A rollecoaster ride of emotions. Even Spider-Man had the scene of him under the rubble crying and that was very sad. It's just there's nothing in this that changes the constant tone and, to me (maybe not you), it got old.

I'm not really any of those things, mate. Kinda new here and just wanted to create a thread. Sound advice, though. Keep it up.

ESL? Because this thread reads horrible.

Sorry, I was bullet pointing in a notepad and paraphrasing/in broken English. Just coppied it over, my bad.

stupid and proud. :^)

I like how the movie took its visual effects as seriously as its story.
The greenscreen was fucking terrible in places

I always liked the actors they had for Thor's sidekick crew. What a waste.

Yeah, when Hela first appears in Norway and it's worse when Odin/Thor/Loki side down to look at the sea. And they kept cutting back to it too.

They were kinda cool, weren't they. Well, sorry, man, don't expect a good send off. I swear to you, Thor doesn't even acknowledge them. Not in the SLIGHTEST. And right after they're killed is a joke. Well, the first two. The asian guy gets the best death. But again, SIF ISN'T EVEN IN THIS MOVIE! Not sure if the actress didn't want to come back like Knightly, but shes isn't mentioned at all either.

sit down to look at the sea*

How do they die?

rip Arcade Gannon.

>DC fake news shill thread
ignore and move along. this happens everytime a marvel movie is released

>Seems like a nice break from all the grimdark superhero movies we have to endure every year.
What?

>bvs
>mos

you don't understand... they're just fun and light entertainment and, really, you just need to shut your brain off and check logic at the door. I mean, it's a movie about guys in funny costumes with superpowers, why would anything make sense? lol

Is this Marvel's "answer" to Deadpool?

You're arguing with a DCuck, they're not known for reasoning because god forbid a superhero movie, catering to children should be (fun and entertaining)

Again, what?

What are you failing to understand you idiot? Bvs and mos were devoid of humor and took their source material way to seriously for what is essentially a CHILDRENS not to mention the color palette

Well the fat one and the one that looks like Green Arrow get knives thrown at them and die before the can put up any sort of resistance. They get in one line between the two of them before their deaths. The asian guy has a last stand which was quite good, but gets impaled on a huge sword.

I'm new to Sup Forums so I wouldn't know. Just my honest opinion, nothing here is factual news nor does it claim to be.

Not that guy, OP here, but it can be fun and entertaining. It was for the most part. It's just I would like some emotion with my fun, you know? All of these movies have at least one moment (or they try to) where it tries to hit the audience right in the feels. Didn't have that at all here.

b8.

>all the grimdark superhero movies we have to endure every year.
really means two movies, years apart, then?

>nothing here is factual news
Fake news, fuck.

>nothing here is factual news
you've outed yourself DCuck

my bad, its just all these shill threads for bvs/mos that make it seem like its everywhere

THE MOUSE WILL BURN *blows brains out*

>took their source material way to seriously
No such thing.

>Maybe don't see it?

fuck you bitch dont tell me what to do

Yes, sir!

You might enjoy all the jesus symbolism and murderer batman shit, most people just want superman saving people and batman taking the high ground

>murderer batman shit
oh boy... someone hasn't watched any superhero movie ever where the main hero is a killer or a group of kids impale and shred the skin off of an mutant.
Please give me a reason (even though you turned this into a DC v Marvel thing somehow) as to why that is a problem other than:
>"Batman in the comics is..."
>"Batman is supposed to be..."
Please...

Only normies watch MCU flicks anyway (not even being provocative).

Exactly. The sooner people get the buisness model of "if it aint broke, dont fix it" the better