NORMIES BTFO FILM CONNOISSEURS ONLY

Sup Forums is a fucking joke. You all think you know cinema? Listening all of this modern shit. You honestly have the audacity to call Scorsese a good director? Meanwhile you haven't even seen the likes of Murnau or Fritz Lang? You seriously think Once Upon a Time in the West or Lawrence of Arabia are well shot films? HAHAHAHA.

Lawrence of Arabia looks like a piece of shit compared to Metropolis or M.

This is what cinematography looks like. The best film of all time, the Roundhay Garden Scene.

>murnau
>lang
You just entered film school, OP?

For your information, I'd done my PhD in Cinema Studies. And not in that disgusting, uncultured piece of land called "America". I took my film education along La Rue de Paris. So if you think you have some fucking film authority over me, kindly fuck off. I've seen every film pre-1940. I've seen fucking obscure experimental films before experimental films were popular. You stupid fuck normie BTFO and learn.

>French
>can't speak English

makes sense

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I CAN SPEAK MULTIPLE EUROPEAN LANGUAGES YOU AMERICUNT FUCK OFF AND GO SEE THE BEST OF CINEMA BEFORE YOU TALK TO ME

Get a load of this faggot

what like Lang and Murnau? Yes nobody has ever heard of them you dumb frog

HAHAHAHAHAHA OF COURSE NOT ONLY FUCKING INTELLECTS LIKE ME WOULD UNDERSTAND THE CINEMATIC LANGUAGE OF LANG AND MURNAU YOU DUMB FUCK.

Holy shit this normie invasion is insane.

Well if you are speaking the truth I'm interested in what you have to say. Were your studies purely focused on film history, or also "film philosophy" by Rivette and Deleuze and the like? Perhaps something else?
Do you have favorite films?

A-men!

What did you guys think about this piece of contemporary apotheosis?

Personally I only enjoy marvel movies and STD, it's the only reason I browse Sup Forums now.

>doesn't mention Griffith

You sicken me

I bow to you and accept my place as a film pleb. Please recommend me a film to watch tonight. But only one.

I have taken 1.5 film classes and have seen over 400 films so I have the upmost authority. I bet you wouldn't know that my favorite movie is still Mulholland Drive even though I appreciate Bergman, Lang, and Tarkovsky. You haven't seen Melville movies, have you? Well, they're dope. And La Grande Illusion is also a very very very good movie. You wish you could see Orson Welles's Citizen Kane but you should be seeing him in The Third Man, a true masterpiece. VĂ¡monos con Pancho Villa blows kurosawa out of the water when it comes to characterization. Mifune, more like my-fundies. Ozu, more like virgin, even though tokyo story is dope as well. David Lynch is a god and one should respect him as such. Have a nice day.

Sorry but shitting on Marty is the definition of trying too hard

Tarkovsky's Ivan's Childhood

kike shit

>PhD in Cinema Studies
hows that burger flippin life bra?

>gay French cinophile Communist

is this some new gimmick? get a trip at least bruh

yoooo, if your views on the director dictate if you'll like the movie, you're not a true cinéphile

>replying to obvious bait

I thought of picking up Cinema 1 & 2 but they're kinda expensive, has Rivette written anything on film?

Rivette wrote tons of great stuff on film in Cahiers. Jonathan Rosenbaum has a few links on his website to translations, I think.