Disney completely gutted the lore of Star Wars with a hard EU reboot...

Disney completely gutted the lore of Star Wars with a hard EU reboot. Everything post ROTJ was gotten rid of completely and replaced with what we now have. So, are happy Jacen and Jaina Solo have been replaced by Kylo Ren and Rey?

>Jacen and Jaina Solo

I've heard those names mentioned by people who read really shitty licensed novels but I don't really have any clue who they are.

Jacen and Jaina weren't fuckbuddies.

Literally Rey and Ben but with original names.

Jacen... sounds like a nigger name.

im happy they got rid of the EU, most of it was pretty dumb. doesnt excusing making the new one even shittier though

There was good stuff in the EU, but the good stuff was outnumbered 3 to 1 by utter shit (as much as the hardcore nerds like to deny it)

Yeah, the could've gutted the EU for the good stuff and got rid of the rest, but they fucked up. In 10 years time it's gonna be a huge clusterfuck again.

>Disney completely gutted the lore of Star Wars with a hard EU reboot
nuwars sucks

>he reads Star Wars
jeez dude

I don't care. Star wars is garbage that exists to push merch.

I'm just mad that nothing I grew up with(the Original Trilogy) apparently matters. All character growth was thrown out the window and the Empire's defeat meant NOTHING.

user you're pretty late to the party here [spoilers]but I still feel your pain ;_;[/spoilers]

>Disney completely gutted the lore of Star Wars with a hard EU reboot. Everything post ROTJ was gotten rid of completely and replaced with what we now have. So, are happy Jacen and Jaina Solo have been replaced by Kylo Ren and Rey?

you know this is meaningless to 95% of the people that see these movies, right?

the star wars EU is mostly trash that only the nerdiest of nerds have read.

Idk user I'm still pissed that Thrawn got exiled to the CGshit

why does Sup Forums like this pairing so much?

Fuck you, Kyle Katarn was fun and better than nu-Wars

because rape

literally who and who?

>he didn't play the games

I played KOTOR and rogue squadron, were they in the jedi knight games?

>Disney completely gutted the lore of Star Wars with a hard EU reboot.
This is complete bullshit, Lucasfilm ALWAYS had different levels of canon for the EU stuff. Nothing was ever on the same level of canon as the movies. Labelling the EU "Legends" was mostly for streamlining and not dealing with bullshit.
If Jorge had ever made episodes 7 and onwards, anything else would have superseded whatever books were set in that time period and you would be losing your shit all the same.
Prequel faggots aren't Star Wars fans, they're retarded children pretending to like trash for attention and hipster points online.

Nope

>not playing kotor 2
do it now

You know the minute he tried to do anything he'd launch into a repressed homosexual rant about vaginas being disgusting. Also god that scene was cringey.

>have so many good stories to take from the EU
>discard them all and make them noncanon
>make a remake of the original trilogy

Fuck Disney.
I don't even like Star Wars, I think they're kids movies but it's still a disgrace what they've done to it.

He should play Jedi Academy though

Cringe the post
even numale 12 year olds know jedi knight 2 you failed abortion.

Don't. It's an overrated buggy mess.

>white
>heterosexual
Why not?

kotor 2 is miles above jedi academy. jedi academy is a good action game though

but I have played it, it's an incomplete mess.

see I'm more of a nerd than most of the money paying audience having played some star wars videogames at least, and I can't place these characters off the top of my head.

not enough people know or care abotu the star wars EU for the film makers to be concerned about alienating fans of it.

EU is the only good thing about Star Wars. Movies are trash.

Paid to shit on Obsidian?
Lucasarts where the problem there, there's a patch that fixes all your "Bugs" up.

Fictional universes aren't real. Jacen Solo didn't go away. You can still read about him.

An upstart group trying to revive the Empire 30 years later does not render the OT to mean nothing. TFA just takes place in an ungoverned backwater sector that's being preyed on by one fleet and a big planet.

This. If you think George Lucas was going to make a Jacen Solo movie then you're fucking wrong.

I would go even further and say vidya are the only good thing about Star Wars

>being this much of a pleb

Stick with porgs my lad. That game is the best thing ever came out from whole eu

They were able to patch in an actual understanding of Star Wars?

never mind that nobody mentioned obsidian, yes my opinion was bought and paid for to tarnish their reputation, by pretending not to like a 10-15 year old videogame that was released unfinished.

go eat some tendies, you earned it.

This.
Has its flaws, but it's a worthy sequel.and a fantastic game.

Selecting out the good bits of EU with this back in the day, the Collective Imperial Remnant of Surviving Dark Jedi, Moffs and Admirals and Thrawn's Fleet where some of the best the EU had to offer back in the day.

me cant avoid bugs because buhs coonfuz

I feels the same
It's not worth it to invest time in consuming new Disney Star Wars stuff again. At least I am free now

>If you think George Lucas was going to make a Jacen Solo movie then you're fucking wrong.

I never said he would. I just think that Disney found themselves in the unique position of already having an established post-ROTJ universe created, but they chose to toss it in the trash and recreate it. Just wondering if it was worth it? Is what we have now much better than the old EU?

Kyle Katarn is literally GOAT

rei is too beautiful in this pic

It wasn't a matter of being better, it was a matter of being able to make content without having to adhere to canon made by a hundred people that less then 1% of people seeing the movies ever cared about.

I feel you. death of darth caedus moved me and he was more or less severus snape of star wars (without cuckery) sad to see these weaker imitations. also imperial remnant made a lot more sense than the first order but I guess they need to make the empire unquestionably evil

it would be bullshit if they new canon was not pilfering old canon for ideas. also without supplementary materials and novelizations fixing the movies they would be even bigger garbage

adulthood is realizing only the prequels are worth watching.

yeah but Kyle Katarn was not in kotor 2

maybe it is spelled like one but it is literally jason

having read a lot of the new books I can say they are even more or equally shit than the worst of the old stuff.
could just have dumped stuff set around the time of the movies.

Kyle Katarn was a shitty Deviantart tier OC that people only like because he was the playable character in some pretty good games.

Would Disney have had to pay the EU authors for using their work, on top of what they already paid Lucas?

>it would be bullshit if they new canon was not pilfering old canon for ideas.
This isn't old canon, this is EU. It was never "prime" canon to start with.