Hulk #2 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

www69.zippyshare.com/v/FYMMYSCs/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God why the fuck couldn't Marquez, Schiti or Immonen draw this.
Fuck you Bendis.
Fuck you Slot.

Is there a new colorist on this issue? The coloring job seems a lot less polished this time around.

>Hawkeye to the rescue
that got a laugh out of me

Why didn't Jen protect her smile.
two different artistes I think, compare the first half to what I linked

>a deep breath of concrete

That could not read more like Engrish if someone tried. Are we sure this writer is a native speaker?

Annnd this is where I stopped reading. Got it, Marvel: all white men continue to be Hitler. Thanks for reminding us.

Y'know, I was going to complain about this but it actually makes sense to establish him as gay so this doesn't just come off as him trying to get into Jen's pants and show that he's actually trying to show support.

Fucking REALLY?

Grow thicker skin. You're a fucking embarrassment.

>giant mech
Huh, not quite what I expected the big shadow thing to be.

Seemed like pretty clear imagery to me.

Until next time.

Aw, Patsy.

Hellcat

Ha, hadn't noticed that.

lol landlords are diamond dozen scumbags, this is nothing new.

that was pretty good. I like the art.

Oh, you're right. Looks like the few pages had a fill-in artist.

So, I like this so far. Jen dealing with not wanting to Hulk out, being stressed, is cool. The Slice of Life stuff is fine. Weird shady (robot) thing, fine, interesting.

My issue is she will never Hulk out. Ever. Imagine the consequences if she Hulk's out, and is a rage monster like Bruce used to be (which is the premise of the comic). The entire storyline falls apart. She cannot be a Lawyer anymore, she has to pull a Bruce and go on the run. No gay assistant, no weirdo, the entire story changes, so it cannot happen.

And that's just disappointing. It's the will they/won't they thing in a TV show, except you know they won't and they keep teasing that they will. That's annoying.

Remind me to pick this back up if Jen does go full Hulk and ends up being a fugitive. That is an interesting story I'd like to see.

>hellcat
Please dont let her be a part of this
Please?
Pretty please?
I just want a good she-hulk book

>The Slice of Life stuff is fine
I can't even describe how fucking sick of this shit I am, same thing that is killing Captain Marvel.

The story is clearly building up to Jen hulking out and it being fully shown to the reader.

>Ms.
>Miss
I'm not an english speaker. I get what they're trying to do here, but is the difference in pronunciation so noticeable that it would actually cause a fuss?

Captain Marvel is a cosmic super-hero story, so the slice-of-life stuff drags it down. This is a more personal story. It's a character piece about Jen trying to deal with her grief and trauma from the death of her cousin. The slice-of-life stuff is crucial to what makes this ongoing good. It's only where it's shoe-horned unnecessarily into comics that don't need it that it's bad.

Why do people keep doing this
>get into a comic thanks to a good artist i like
>halfway through the arc the artists change to a shittier one
>people expect you to keep reading even when the quality dips

Ms. is pronounced "Miz" while Miss is pronounced "Miss." It's the kind of thing that you wouldn't normally notice in casual conversation, but the bolding would imply that he's bringing specific attention to it to be an asshole.

Because it's either that or hit delays because the artist couldn't meet the deadline, and delays kill a book.

not to mention the sassy gay bff is totally original

I see, thanks.

Which might've been a good thing had we not gotten previews of Savage Jen three months before the book was even out.

That'll teach me for having hope and optimism.

Embarrassing.

is she supposed to be an inhuman? the scumbag landlord implied she used to be normal.

Imissed issue 1.
How was it?
Could someone do a storytime of that?
Thanks.

i noticed that. i thought it might be whatever the shut-in was talking to in shadows.

it's not bad, but hardly anything has happened in two issues. it could benefit from tighter storytelling

>diamond dozen
c'mon user, grammar isn't rock and science

>How was it?
Way better than anyone expected. Not for everyone, but I thought it was pretty good. Worth reading it before this.

Can't storytime it myself atm, but here's the link if you want to read it:
www69.zippyshare.com/v/FYMMYSCs/file.html

Think it would have been funnier if Jen thinks he's flirting with her, she goes to his apartment, sees the boyfriend and gets confused. Jen asks why he never said he was gay, he replies with something like "I didn't think it mattered"

A little, but note that Jen doesn't call him on it. They're functionally interchangeable. She was calling him on using "Mrs.", which has a whole other social status connotation and so forth.

A gay man in New York?

WHAT IS THIS BIZARRO UNIVERSE

Maybe she'll be okay outside the clutches of her solo book writer.

Squirrel Girl has been pretty good in most of her non-solo appearances this last year.

For every character that's only written well in their solo/by their creator, there's one who's only written well by other writers outside of their solo/current writer at any given time.

i know right? god forbid the gay character is just a normal person instead of a sassy stereotype

I'll check it out when I get home, hopefully.
Just at work for the next eight hours, and I like reading storytimes when it's slow.

Do we know what gluten is yet?

lol

...but he is just a normal person so far. He hasn't been sassy at all.

He was making what you might call a "joke" to try and lighten the mood, and make Jen feel more at ease, making it clear he wasn't going to be trying to hit on her.

Are gay people not allowed to make jokes or self-deprecating humorous remarks anymore?

Some kree bullshit, I wager.

It was shit. This issue was shit. The book is boring and the author obviously doesn't understand what She-Hulk is supposed to be about.

Someone should photoshop 'male tears' inscription on the cup

We know it makes your dick fly off.

So this is going to be one of those books again. Does Marvel even have anything that isn't "those" books at this point?

>doesn't understand what She-Hulk is supposed to be about.
This book isn't called She-Hulk though.

Well it's certainly not about the Hulk.

Some shit that's in bread and some other grains that .0001% of the population is deathly allergic to. A bunch of people then latched onto "gluten free" as a health fad even though gluten isn't actually bad for you. They're just falsely equating benefits of a low carb diet to a gluten free diet because stuff that doesn't have gluten in it usually also has less carbs.

The unfortunate thing is that people with a gluten allergy will still get a reaction even if the item itself doesn't have any gluten if it was cooked in the same oven or made with the same items that gluten-heavy items were made it. For something to truly be "gluten free" as it applies ot people with a gluten allergy, it basically has to be made in a sterile environment (depending on the severity of the gluten allergy) so now people with actual gluten allergies can't feel safe in buying gluten free things off a restaurant menu because now restaurants just slap "gluten free" onto everything to latch onto the fad diet.

It's about a Hulk.

This is nothing new.

No it isn't, there's been like two pages of any Hulk-type thing in two issues.
It's about a boring, sad woman being boring and sad. They should have dropped Hulk and called it "She" instead.

Or they could've made her get fat while depressed and called the book "Chunk"

no. no they're not allowed to make jokes. the gays have been drafted into the no fun club for the next 4 years.

I like memes as well.

>It's about a boring, sad woman being boring and sad
But that's the point, it's Jeniffer that must learn to not being able to freely hulk out, a thing she fucking loved. She was more She-hulk than Jennifer Walters and now she must learn to be Jennifer Walters who can turn at any moment into a rampaging monster, of course she will be sad. It's like somebody cut both of your legs and put you into a weelchair that could explode at any time if you fart too loudly.

What a waste... Could have been a really good story.

Poor Jennifer, she never suffered a trauma to "pollute" her hulking experiences before.
But now it's all gone wrong - she is afraid of that side of her now. It hurts her to change.

I'm stoked, this is an interesting take on the character.

a book that doesnt piss off the normie hierarchy? I dont think so

Stop being a baby. Stories grow - you may not like the direction, so just don't read it. Easy.

Except as said, she will never turn into the hulk, because if she does, at that point it becomes a fugitive story, her running from Shield, maybe with her friends, Carol, etc, trying to find her and help her, but it definitely stops being a slice of life book. Which means she will never really Hulk out.

More like: I thought it was obvious.

> at that point it becomes a fugitive story
And why wouldn't the tone change ?

nice paralleling. I like that kind of stuff

> watching a bomb and waiting for it to exploding

Kill them all Jen, Kill them all

I'd be all for the guy saying something that'd sound more natural (like he's got something set up to meet a guy or mention a boyfriend) than the usual "We're gay. That means we can only be super-awesome"

Whose ready for a slow ass, humorless story, c'mon bring your friends, we'll have no action, its time for Hulk(She-hulk)

Fuck you, the art isn't nearly as bad as the writing.

>I'm sooooo Gay!!!!!

Why won't this series die in FIRE

What is taste?
Does it differ?
Is it subjective?

And your fucking shit. Honestly, if only scum like you would just be put down, things would be so much better.

no, this comic is objectively shit.