Wonder Woman #15 Storytime

The Truth part one!

>you were imagining it the whole time!

The only occasion where I've seen this work well (and not be a fake out) was the movie Identity.

Nice page.

>image during a storytime

15 issue, holy fucking shit
Someone tell him this is not manga

What is with that nose?!?!

Lewd

Pretty sure even manga moves faster than this.

>thinking a single issue will reach the image limit

It's the Wonder Dykes.

Next:
>“GODWATCH” part one! Since the moment Wonder Woman arrived in our world, Godwatch has been waiting. But who are they, and what do they want? Diana’s journey to the truth continues with the origin of what may prove to be her greatest enemies.

Then:
>“THE TRUTH” part two! As Wonder Woman picks up the pieces of her shattered psyche, Barbara Ann Minerva walks into the devil’s lair to defend her…or is she being led into Godwatch’s trap?

The end, hope you enjoyed.

it has to fit in the frame?

I guess this just goes to show writers should never return to old series this is masturbatory, kind of mean-spirited, and worst of all it's boring as fuck

The way they persist to jump from one arc to the other every issue instead of telling one story at a time is infuriating.

that, or just put out 2 WW books. or maybe the 2 storylines will eventually converge

it's still annoying especially when you use an auto-image enlarger.

I'm confused. Why does the writer keep doing these alternating stories?

Not going to read it.
Did they explain anything relevant about the whole "it's all fake lmao" yet, or it was just a decompressed as fuck story that tells nothing?

literally who

Odyssey of the Amazons:

A Minotaur named Ferdinand from the old Rucka WW series.

Wasn't interesting and I rather get Milan back.

deal with it fagzilla

Jenny Frison's variant covers have been impeccable

Why can't this be the art for the who issue? It's 10x better than the pajeet Diana the main artist draws.

Because she's a pinup artist and can't draw actual comic books

that's my fetish

Dropped this at issue 4, came back now, still slow as molasses. I miss Azz's bullshit

>Because she's a pinup artist and can't draw actual comic books
I've only ever saw her on covers. Did she actually ever made comics?

Looking at the DC wiki she's only been credited with covers. Her deviantart looks like it's mostly covers as well.

DC needs an "Ultimate" universe in which Azzarello's Wonder Woman is canon.

This is utter bullshit. WW is a canonical mess. Rebirth just effed her up good. The person at DC who allowed this rubbish to happen and mess the character up herself so badly needs to have his head examined. The only problem with Azzarello was the darkish tone to the amazons. Not Diana. Not the God family. Diana was Wonder Woman and her supporting cast had personality, character and far better motivations and histories than these characters Rucka just recycling in the most meh way.

>people seriously defending the Azzarello run as some kind of monumental achievement in originality

Why don't they draw WW like this on the inside of the book?

it was pretty good with great art, which for WW is something exceptional, and the first time many people gave a fuck about WW.
Would import the omnibu if it existed.

I can fap to this. In fact I will fap to this.

>I'm not new I've been here since winter break

>and the first time many people gave a fuck about WW

Only because it was nu52 and considered a jumping on point. Wonder Woman was great before that, casuals just didn't know that because 'hurrrr comics r scary! too much history!'

Is rebirth not different?

oh boy a "you were crazy the whole time" story

wonder woman was not great before, good wonder woman comics are very rare

>I'm making a single unified timeline that integrates everything!
>But only my characters from the old run are going to be relevant! And the New 52 was mostly bullshit!

Thanks Rucka

Nah, the previous run was literally Zeus-wank. Zeus fucked Wondy's mom and a shitload of other women, then impregnated a redneck with himself and now everyone has to run around with his infant self and protect him from the well-deserved wrath of his wife.

>literally

>>>/tumblr/

The best visual part of Azz's run was the part where First Born extinguished Hades's head candle. So basically when the entire panel was black and Chiang's art wasn't on display.

Hey, hey! It's Ferdinand! You liked Ferdinand, right? This makes you excited, am I right? Huh? Anyone?

>2017
>stll being bumbothered by "literally"
You should literally off yourself, buds.

The Frison Wonder Woman and the Middleton Aquaman covers are honestly the best set of variants I've ever seen.

>Wonder Woman was great before that

Wrong.

It was not even Chiang's art in that issue, stupid nigga

It's Greek.

>current year

>>>/suicide/

Goes to show you how unmemorable Chiang was.

You don't remember, but I do
Guess it evens out and you can carry on being butthurt

>tfw I saw Marstonfags complaining that she was "macho" in this when the whole point of Marston's berserk WW was in fact "being destructive like a man" and it's a plot point how she's acting out of control and like the First Born while she thinks otherwise

Sometimes I can relate to people who have to defend Snyder because they don't get basic obvious stuff and overreact to stupid shit, even though I don't like Snyder myself

The one thing I liked about Azz's run was that everyone had a personality. No one has a personality in these new runs. Diana is supposed to be thousands of years old and she acts like fell off the turnip truck and would be distracted by a pair of shaken keys. She's not an idiot. Why write her as such? Why are these characters so boring. Candy is dull. Trevor is dull. But they don't have to be. Call me an Azz fag. I don't care. At least Azz's run kept me reading. This....? I am disappointed with each issue.

*because other people don't get

I wish I was butthurt, but Chiang's art is incapable of provoking strong emotions.

Because there's two artists since it's bimonthly, and it's more important that the art be consistent in trade form, when each storyline is collected seperately from the other.

Sure, Mr. Finch

As a jumping on point no, it's the same concept.

But the important distinction is Nu52's creative direction was "Shake it up! Fix stuff that isn't broken just to be different!"

Whereas Rebirth's creative direction is "The old way was more famous, let's just be true to our history."

It doesn't matter if people get it or not, if they don't WANT whatever it is they're supposed to be getting.

Standards for Wonder Woman comics are just that low.

>the old way

*the post-crisis way

the lesson is kicking him out in the first place created a bigger mess (heinberg and aa). putting him back after a decade didn't improve the situation.

>they complain about stuff that were in the original conception that they defend

this bitch got a stand

Yes, actually

Azzarello's run wasn't trying to fix shit. It just told a very new and different take on Wonder Woman. That's why it was good unlike this fanfiction shit Greg is putting out.

>"Shake it up! Fix stuff that isn't broken just to be different
Wrong you faggot. That's what Rucka is doing and it's incredibly fucking dull. What we're getting right now is your precious "old way" and it's fucking boring.

Azz just decided to tell an interesting story instead of sperging over not muh like you and Rucka.

There's an absolute edition coming out if you're into those

what they mean by that is "they thought the old stuff was lame and so they changed it"

which is partially true, and also actually needed and effective

it's what is behind every reboot, including the "old way" which is just post-crisis because these fags don't bother to pick up actual old comics

except for Rebirth, which is more of an apology to post-crisis fags who cried for 5 years

>"they thought the old stuff was lame and so they changed it"

There's a lot more to it than that.

The vast majority of things that the Nu52 changed weren't even "stuff they thought was lame", it was just "Stuff that we've done for a long time, so we're not going to do it right now, because we want to convey the idea of newness"

For example, there's nothing wrong or unpopular with Lois and Clark, but they broke them up and did Clark and Diana just because it would be experimental and shocking. Same deal with Barry and Patty instead of Barry and Iris.

The problem is that "new" and "good" are not synonyms.

Another problem is that the whole reason Post-Crisis continuity is as beloved as it is, moreso than any other era for DC, is specifically because had a long time to look at past history and find the best ingredients for the stew that is each character.

The Nu52 didn't do that. It was rushed.

>For example, there's nothing wrong or unpopular with Lois and Clark, but they broke them up and did Clark and Diana just because it would be experimental and shocking.

lolno
there's nothing experimental about Clark and Diana
And they did it because they wanted to do a Injustice-like storyline, that went nowhere because the pairing proved popular and they decided to milk it

>That's why it was good

This is a shared universe character that's existed for 70 years. A thing that is "good" in a vaccuum but unrecognizably different in the context of the character's wider history is not automatically a thing that "deserves to be the mainstream canon version"

>Another problem is that the whole reason Post-Crisis continuity is as beloved as it is, moreso than any other era for DC, is specifically because had a long time to look at past history and find the best ingredients for the stew that is each character.

Plus people are so young they never remember the hiccups and retcons involved, just the nostalgia bits

comics aren't mainstream

Injustice came out like 2 years after the Nu52 started.

Post-crisis is "beloved" because it was the entry point for the majority of the now bitter oldfags and because they didn't backtrack after 5 years of people complaining