/STD/

Serious Saru Discussion Edition:

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/RealJavidIqbal/status/922987278154194944
parrotanalytics.com/insights/top-10-most-in-demand-tv-shows-in-the-us-15-21-october-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DIS

Saru is part plant could he be able to become a navigator and use the spore drive like the tardigrade if the theories are true?

He may become the spore drive?

>Old Thread:
You fucked up, you fuck up.

>old thread is a dead link

... uh

GON SUK

I know I had the link posted to one of the other premade threads, forgot to remove it :(

well im not a Vulcan so not perfect. Im also not a logic extermist tho either.

For those looking, here is the CORRECT link to the last thread, not the 10 made too early:

Star trek discovery's abbreviations are
>a disease
>an insult
>a genre of music built around homosexual drug addicts
>a round, flat, thin object (like the writing)

I have a question,janitor/mod, Why have you let this faggot OP create threads at 280 for several weeks? Will you never ban him?

>tilly leaving a trail of noxious, gassy farts through the corridors as she overexerts herself trying to keep up with mikey

>This remark is not appropriate.
it kind of is, maybe the same person made both, I havent checked yet have you?

Literally the same outfit in galaxy quest, that one is just more money spent though but it sure does look the same, even the klingon looks sort of similar

janis/mods only delete whats reported.

Does the Discovery have a holodeck?

It's a war!!! You can't expect anything to make sense because there's a war on!

>Does the Discovery have a holodeck?
hmmmm well weirdly it has something more advanced, holo emitters, but all ships must have them since in the pilot their used for communication. Not sure what to make of that.

What rule is this breaking? Been here all summer, please respond.

they were trying to jump threads as early as 220 because their information packet was so out of date they still thought the bump limit was 250

Spamming

the point of generals is to keep shit in one thread.

making five generals is spam

Watch the last episode retard

That thread was created 30 posts before the bump limit. Why haven't they deleted it?

see

Best STD ep so far?

If were in the mirror timeline it would make sense in season 2 after it gets cast to fix all the problems.

Not all the actors are bound to another season, perhaps only Lorca and Michael, I wonder if the studio is playing games to mess with their contracts which sucks because it means they have to turn down jobs based on a commitment they may never get payed for which is sucky on CBS part.

Why did didn't Lorca try to rescue Admiral Concerned Hallmark Mom? At first I thought it was because she was threatening to take away his ship so he wasn't in any hurry to have her back, but then I wondered if maybe he was trying to make less rash decisions because of that nagging she gave him about being a loose cannon.

mobile.twitter.com/RealJavidIqbal/status/922987278154194944

Voq's actor has a Twitter now

So he should get away with it because the janitors/mods are almost never online. Great board

>Admiral Concerned Hallmark Mom
right in the sides user.

I still dont get why the Admiral is there like she is trapped without taking command herself.

>spend hundreds of hours having latex glued to your face for a total of 30 minutes of screen time
>your character becomes human
>they hire a different actor

that poor fucking dude

That wasn't a holodeck you shit. That was a laser tag room.

If someone does something that breaks the rules on this board, you can either report it or ignore it. If you ignore it, then truly ignore it. Don't ignore it then complain about it.

welcome to Sup Forums, shill-san

uhh

new security officer is obviously altered voq

After some time I decided to try this show out and I like it.

Is this because I hate Star Trek and everything it stands for?

I love watching Star Trek: Discovery on my Mobile through the CBS All Access app. Super easy and loads fast.

probably.

Though I'm not sure why people hate optimism so much.

I hated how predictable that ending was. As soon as she threatened his command I figured she'd be kidnapped, or die in a shuttle explosion, or have her ship explode in a shootout ten minutes before she was able to contact Starfleet about Lorca's behavior.

All is fair in love and war. You think T'Kuvma or Lorca played by the rules either?

I like how in order to force that ending, the writers needed to forget the show is built entirely around a ship that can instantly travel any distance.

I have. I want to know why OP is immune to getting banned for spamming

>Voq's actor
You mean Clem Fandango.

>optimism
Is it optimism though? Encounter at Farpoint was a thing that soured my opinion of Star Trek, because it was just rambling about how people of the past were savages and shit.

But what let them overcome it? Fantastic technology that will never be real. Is this optimism to think that unless a magic science fairy grace us with its replicators to eliminate all need, we would never rise above ourselves?

also the alien spock thing guy spelling out that it was out of character for Lorca was just too much

Encounter at Farpoint is generally considered a pretty bad episode though

>transporters are the worst aspect of trek, needing contrived excuses to be non-functional to make just about every episode work at all

>hey lets build a show around an even worse drama-breaking technology!

No such person as Javid Iqbal, it's a red herring.

I feel like her promotion to admiral was more of an honorary thing. Like maybe she progressed through the ranks before the war when Starfleet was more about your skills as a diplomat or scientist. It's possible any command she held was entirely during peacetime. Just a series of ambassador missions on consular cruisers.

The point of those bits in farpoint was with each new advancement of technology people figured out new and interesting ways to be horrible to each other until people themselves advanced as a result of nearly destroying themselves.

possible though I do feel diplomatic skills could be useful in war too? negotiating say a treaty to end the vulcan extremists though maybe that creates the other type of vulcans we see later.

>"captain, one of your oldest friends and someone you fucked senseless twenty minutes ago has been kidnapped by starfleet-officer eating Klingons, do you want to pull out all the stops to find her?"
>"nah, I'm gonna take a bath."

You might be right, but I find sitting on your ass waiting for people to figure out how to not be shit 10 generations later equally unrealistic.

It's not a honest assesment of human nature that still finds hope in the present, it's giving up and longing to discard it.

Things have to get worse before they can get better. No revolution was ever the result of satisfied, complacent people thinking "hey lets sacrifice everything to do something different!"

If CBS has any business instincts whatsoever, they'll put replicas of those admiral badges up for sale. One thing I'll give the show is they really know how to make badges look like something you'd want to earn.

Those fucking pips in TNG never did anything for me except make me want to put them in my mouth.

shows gotta have fans before merch sales are on the table

This past episode was good, the meme hate circle-jerking is much lamer than the imperfections this series carries.

You know, I don't like the show but those badges the look so solid and heavy. I'd buy one.

I don't see how is it an answer to my post.

Where to unironically purchase DISCO shirts pls?

The badges are show-neutral enough that having them wouldn't feel specific to STD. Just Trek.

They still have it?

I'm on the episode where they figured spores out and I kept thinking "They are going to bust them dead any moment now." But they didn't.

yeah i love the outfits too

Is it AIDS?

didn't they already say the only closest being on the ship that was linked in some way to the spor edrive was humans? I'm sure they'd know whether or not Saru would be a viable option, if he was he'd be the first to do being acting captain at the time, to show strength and bravery.

i wasn't here on sunday.

But I believe the last episode was the strongest one so far. And If they kept something close to that, then it will be a good overall show.

That scene with that Vulcun zealot blew my mind. I was like, oh shit so this is what happens when a Vulcan does something bad while remaining in their logical mind frame.

after JJtrek the marketability of trek merch is just about zero and this new series isn't doing anything to generate new fans.

The uniforms might work better if they came later. As it is they went from those felt turtlenecks to these dark blue and gold/silver and then right back to the low neck felt a couple years later.

is this some shill-speak trying to cover for how utterly retarded the last episode was in every way, shape, and form?

Agreed, but there's no chance for unironic discussion or appreciation when it's just so much fun to shit on it and fit in.

Yeah, too bad that they can't copyright DISCO... Those are some delish comfy workout outfits.

nah i liked it, what do you want to hear? the whole vulcan mindmeld was pretty neat too. Interesting way to illustrate what's going on with the vulcans.

The only honest assessment of human nature is "human nature" is simply a collection of the worst aspects of humanity that have been confused for intrinsic to their commonality. The only way humanity is going to get rid of human nature is when human nature becomes an evolutionary disadvantage.

>disco shirts
>worn by two of the least disco people in Starfleet

Their metal, do you think that would be good for cons since they would set off metal detectors?

Def looking forward to the STD merch, once they make it and it sells out, then were all set!

>mindmeld telepathy matrix fighting was neat

... shill, please

well user what would be a better neat way to handle that, if you were directing that scene

They lost tardigrate that was their ultra duper super space navigator, so they can't teleport through whole galaxy, they can only make small jumps, so I guess it's slower now.

The reasoning of the witting crew is beyond anything that you'd thing logical, ergo Logic Extremists.

Apparently people who never liked Trek before are loving STD. And even Trek autists like are warming up to it.

don't do it at all, certainly don't make sarek's mind into the fucking matrix.

Don't engage, he's just baiting. He only knows how to call people shills for shows even though he's posting in the literal generals about said shows.

fucking cuckyards

Considering CBS hasn't released any real viewership numbers yet, that's a weak claim.

>muh safe place

shill, please

:^)

I can't wait for them to come to the official merch store!

meh my favorite game's servers are down right now and i'm considering what to watch, i don't mind giving an user some free (you)s

parrotanalytics.com/insights/top-10-most-in-demand-tv-shows-in-the-us-15-21-october-2017/

>demand impresisons
>they said STD on facebook

so how many of those were people worried they have herpes?

They homogenized trek into sifi action and expect us all to fall in line and weep for being graced with their bounty.

I blame Abrams, his movies were not fantastic flops as they should have been so CBS thinks they can get away with just tossing up generic action set and slap the star trek badge on it.
They're hiding behind 'diversity ' and saying people just hate their black lady.
Well as someone who respond to the Kirk vs. Picard debate with Sisko it's not that. It's that their black lady is a bad officer, a bad vulcan and a bad human.
Their show is like slapping a combadge onto The Fifth Element and calling it Star Trek. They should have gotten Jason Statham to play a role in Discovery it's so action packed. They want to compete with Game of Thrones; fine . . then then should have just set things in the Klingon Empire and not even bothered with the Federation. Seeing a show detail the formation of the Klingon Empire might have been neat and bloody as fuck.
But no, we get main character bordering on Mary Sue, a ship that looks like a five yearold drew it, a plagiarized magic fungus drive and shitty 'twists' one can see coming a mile away.

where'd they steal the sporedrive from?

>bad vulcan
I should hope so since she's not even Vulcan.

>CBS thinks they can get away with just tossing up generic action set and slap the star trek badge on it
You may want to strap in then because it seems to be working.

There's Dune and that comic that uses giant dustmites that eat spoors for space travel

You know Star Trek Discovery is a success when the fan arts are of this quality

Why were they running through the fucking halls? Doesn't the ship have a treadmill holodeck or something?

They should have gone deeper into the whole fighting the spirit thing.

Michael should have confronted Sarek's ID, ego and superego, each at a different Level of his mind as a sort of the Bosses of his mental aspects.
They could have represented some sort of Harmonic Power or HP of the different parts of his mind that she would need to pry apart.
The different mental techniques would be allegorically expressed as physical Attacks that she could chain together.

>still trying to shill "demand impressions" as meaning anything

shill... please...

All those are is social media mentions and there is no way their algorithm can separate mentions of the show from STD panics.

Again, still third party data that means as much as dropping a penny into a pool.
You know the Last Airbender Movie is a success when that art is of this quality