Witcher Netflix

When will Netflix air the first episode of Witcher?

Other urls found in this thread:

netflix.com/bb/title/80189685
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It'll flop, who'd see it, most gamers into Witcher will torrent it, normies won't like it.

Wait, didn't they already make a TV show of this in Poland?

>most gamers into Witcher will torrent it
It's based on a series of novels, from what I gather. Also if that were true, CD Projekt Red wouldn't even exist.

>gamers

they did, it was an awful piece of shit.
t. polack

>A game that you can buy once DRM free and play it forever
vs
>A show that you need to pay $8+ for every month for the rest of your life

Yeah but it sucked.

The casting of Gerald will make or break this series.

Obviously I meant Geralt*

fuck first episode i want a full season at once

You mean Ciri.
The Ciri and Geralt love scene will be one of the highlights of this show.

Why does everyone assume Geralt is the main character?

>english language
dropped

Wait, why would you have to pay for netflix to watch one show for the rest of your life? Also this isn't STD.

whats the fucking point them who else ciri and if they dont fucking make him a traveling witcher and just someone in a town dealing with politics fuck this shit i want an witcher adventure

Considering its going to be based around the novels and they brought in the author, it absolutely will be Geralt and his supporting cast.

make nikolaj geralt

netflix.com/bb/title/80189685
>The witcher Geralt, a mutated monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts.

What the fuck are you even saying?

i want a fucking show about Geralt travling the world being a witcher not some bullshit where he just sits around a town talking to idiots

M A D S

Sawyer or Mads would be good for Geralt. Sawyer is more realistic, because he's affordable. But Mads is the patrician choice.

Vinnie Jones has the right amount of mean cunt face to play Djikstra

Smug Nathalie Dorner would be a good Keira Metz

Everyone who calls for Eva Green to be Yen, is out of their fucking minds.

Ciri needs to be unknown, fresh talent. Don't want my Ciri to have been Weined and Steined

The other roles are so hard to fill.

They need to nail it with Geralt. The rest of them can really be unknowns.

Who else would be? Jesus Christ Netflix please don't make Ciri the protagonist.

He's my top pick.

Everyone saying Nikolaj is crazy. He's too sexy to play a mutated and disfigured monster hunter.

Mads is too old and not the type of actor for this role, stop sucking him off.

>Djikstra
>Keira Metz
they don't appear in the short stories and series is based on them, not on the fucking games. also Ciri is around 10 in them

How much racial diversity or anti-Christian purple prose is Netflix going to shoe-horn into this thing?

>sterile white couple raising an adopted child
no way in hell that they'll pass on the imagery of making Ciri brown. also I expect bunch of random characters to be black and no one will acknowledge it

Depends on how much influence the author has over the production. He doesn't exactly strike me as a "progressive". So hopefully the series will be relatively accurate to the author's vision. Or maybe he doesn't give a fuck so long as he's given a big bag of money.

Gamefags please go

It's funny if it has, because racism and bigotry is already a major theme in the books.
But it's not based on skin color.

Geralt will be black, Yen will be gross and Fat, Triss will be a squarefaced Asian and Ciri will have Blonde hair and Blue eyes ofc he'll bone them all.

user, are you ok?

Who was that actor from Black Flag? He seemed like a good fit through. Casting of Dandelion is critical too, I don't want any of that MCU banter bullshit going on with him and Geralt

How mad will you be if they made Geralt black, Yen asian and Triss latin for "muh diversity"?

>Depends on how much influence the author has over the production. He doesn't exactly strike me as a "progressive".
Have you even played the games, at least? The series is all about criticising xenophobia and closemindness. You're seeing it all from the from the perspective of a guy who's considered a monster by everyone.

>He doesn't exactly strike me as a "progressive".

Somebody post that collage of Daniel Vavra going ham on the one SJW on Twitter.

You mean Toby Stephens? (Flint?) yeah, he would do wonderfully. I would have casted him as Roland for the Dark Tower but all things considered i think he dodged the bullet there...

kys

Yeah but it's heavily (if not outright) inspired by medieval european society. To criticise xenophobia is one thing, blackwashing it is another thing entirely. Since it already deals with those themes, putting token minorities in there would just dilute the overall message.

*Ciri will have blue hair and problem glasses

Or that yeah.

has netflix ever released a series an episode at a time outside of shit countries?

There's not a single nigger in the games. Doubt Andrzej would allow that to ever happen.

Zach McGowan

saying that geralt "wants to find his place in the world" is not understanding the character at all.

But it is netflix and most tv shows are doing it for no reason. You even got black nazis these days. You can´t discard the possibility.

>Doubt Andrzej would allow that to ever happen.
If he ever publicly issued any opposition to adding diversity to the series he'd be forced out of the project for being a "toxic influence".

Idris Elba. It's confirmed. I live in Poland (you can check my ip) and i live nearby Sapkowski's house. Sapkowski told me (cause i meet him sometimes, like neighbours do) that diverse cast doesn't make sense geographically and historically BUT it is possible to make sense out of it through fantasy part of his books. I never read it (because they are crap really xD) but it's something with the Geralt being albino because magic, i don't know. And in the show they will change that, and Geralt will be black, he will be black not as african but black because of some magic shit. Sapkowski said to me that it makes sense, it ain't forced, and this is change that doesn't affect at all the rest of the stuff that happens in the books, so he was ok with that. He even told me that he checked Idris, and watched a few movies with him and he liked him very much, especially his role in Beasts of no nation

Yeah, it was amazing to watch if you wanna get really fucking drunk and have some excellent fun with friends

They won't. Tomek Bagiński is working on the series and he's very close buddies with CDP. They will never tell you this out loud, but I know Tomek and I know they would rather kill the series than let anyone infringe on it with bullshit like this. They already make jokes in CDP about how funny and shitty was the twist they had to make up to even create the Witcher games with Geralt alive in them.

Because it's based on the books. Geralt is in all 8 of them and he's the main pov in 4 of them while playing a significant part in the other 4 splitting time with Ciri.

I'll lend some suspension of disbelief and say they probably meant witchers as a whole have no place in a world with a diminishing number of monsters since summaries like that often try to be too short for their own good

How many different topics are you going to try to cram your stormblr sensibilities into? It's like you're begging to be triggered by everything.

What the fuck does CDPR have to do with anything??

Not my fault Netflix is literally incapable of creating a show with entertainment first instead of progressive commentary.

Damn that’s disappointing

user, you literally have no idea how fucking close Marcin and Tomek are - this isn't USA where everyone hates each other. Tons of artists worked for both CDP and Tomek/Platige Image. People in the industry in Poland are really close, because it's a fuck-small industry. When literally two biggest game developers from Poland and the only two ones that ever mattered were working with the Witcher brand - Adrian Chmielarz and Marcin - and the only young guy in their age group who was also a fantasy nerd and was the only guy who ever did anything popular - Tomek with his Katedra at the Oscars - it's pretty easy to understand how all these people know each other. I mean, Artur Sadłos is another guy who works as a freelancer but will drop half his work to help CDP or Tomek if they need something like storyboards, matte painting or concepts. It's a small country, so bigger fish know everyone and are friends. So even if CDP isn't directly involved on paper with the project, you can be sure Tomek knows enough about what Marcin would like to see and what both of them consider cool or good for both the books, the games and the Netflix series.

why? Elba is unironically great actor. Stop caring about irrelevant shit like skin color.

This series is not based on the games but the on books. So I don't see how CDPR is relevant. Sapkowski is though.

The games are relevant because they are more well known than the books, to the point that the author laments the fact that people think he wrote a novelization of the games.
Also even though they are basing the story and characters off the hook versions, they're using the games visual style (clothing, weapons, character appearance)

Sapkowski doesn't give a shit about the series. He gave it a blessing, because it's finally some actual money. Tomek knows half od CDP and loves the games, so of course he'd want to keep a few nods to the games if he can or talk it over with people there. You're acting like I'm trying to tell you something you can;'t comprehend - that a dev studio not involved officially with a tv series can still influence it by being close buddies with one of the main people behind it. This isn't EA, Ubisoft or whatever, no money is quietly exchanged, or whatyever bullshit - the people who make this shit in Poland are fantasy nerds who grew up and wanna do cool shit together, so they do some stuff Americans can consider rough. Like, Telltale would never have influence on Walking Dead on TV, because in America it's unimaginable to do this shit. In Poland it's just a group of friends who happen to be successful with the same franchise. so they don't give a shit about official or not.

But the games are extrapolatory fanfiction

How do you know this?

I never said the TV series would be based on games, user. Just that Tomek talks to CDP for the TV series to have the same feel. Maybe even a nod or two somewhere in the background.

How big of a cultural imprint do CDP and the Witcher have in Poland? Is it basically just a really popular game or is it something like Harry Potter or GoT in terms of popularity?

Any news on Cyberpunk?

What's with all the negative glass door reviews for CDP?

Any idea when the show will be released?

>is it something like Harry Potter or GoT in terms of popularity?
This
They were popular long before the games were a thing

>Bridget Regan as Triss
>Bridget Regan as Yen
>pretty sure she can pull off Ciri as well with some makeup
There we go, casting done.

yes, they were popular but amongst brudne kuce i spierdoliny oraz ich partnerki

te książki są literacko na dużo niższym poziomie niż Harry Potter i Got.

>te książki są literacko na dużo niższym poziomie niż Harry Potter
Pierdolisz
HP to literacke dno, wszyscy się tym podniecają bo to seria dla nastolatków bez żadnych standardów.
Nie wiem jak to porównać z GoTem. Trochę nie ten kaliber.

I don’t mind when colored actors star in movies and shows, I was just hoping they would try to keep it as Slavic as possible.

t. user, który oprócz wiedźmina przeczytał jeszcze całą twórczosc Pilipiuka i książki Masy o polskiej mafii

are albinos slavic?

I apologize, but I don’t know the word albino?

>przeczytał jeszcze całą twórczosc Pilipiuka i książki Masy o polskiej mafii
Nie wiem co to ma do rzeczy
Natomiast mogę ci powiedzieć że z Wiedźmina mi się przyjemnie czytało tylko nowele. Powieści są dużo gorsze.

I like Witcher 1 the most

I'm gonna make a wild guess that he read them

to ma do rzeczy, że brzmisz jak tego typu czytelnik

pierdolisz user, zbiory opowiadań są zajebiscie napisane i całkiem pomysłowe fabularnie. saga już w większosci ssie a sezon burz czyta się jak niedojebany fanfik, tutaj się zgodzę.

Brilliant ideas like this are going to be so absent from this show that I'm just not going to watch it.

Sapkowski's books weren't that great. CDPR put in a lot of effort to take the best bits and use the video game medium to put in the details and character development Sapkowski couldn't be fucking bothered to put in his books.

It's more likely than not that the show will not replicate the effort CDPR put in to elevate the property. They're going to lean heavily on the source material and they won't have the strength to depict characters like Triss as utterly shitty people. CDPR fucked up with Triss too, but a redemptive aspect is acceptable for events that take place after the events of the book. Book Triss is pretty much pure garbage and they're going to completely miss that point.

>Wanting eva green as yen
>Wanting eva green at all

>Poland confirmed for starting WW III

Basically the whole fantasy scene in Poland is based on The Witcher, Tolkien, D&D pen&paper games and Cyberpunk. We literally had a mix of this appear in Poland right around when we were freed from Russia, so we kinda had a 10-year cultural boom where it took 40 years in US. So yeah, the series is extremely popular in here, like it's a second thing many can recommend to someone in terms of fantasy, right after Tolkien.

No news on Cyberpunk, my friend works as a concept artist for them and I tried to ask stuff, but they're tight lipped except the did admit they're working on it and it seems like they're hitting their goals, since everyone from CDP I talked to was pretty chill.

Negatives, because Poland is a shitty place to be and they really do pay you fucking pennies. I bet half of the Polish talent they have there is paid two times less on average than any counterparts CDP might've gotten from other countries. In Poland a salary of, like, 1500$ per month lets you live a pretty sweet life, but if you're in any way talented, why would you want to live in Poland for that and suddenly be without cash if you ever wanna move out somewhere else? Plus Poland gives no fucks and is pretty bro - talking about football, cars, racist jokes etc. No wonder people might get mad there's so much work, no one can be a fucking snowflake like at EA, and they get nice money for the country they're in, but not on the overall world market.

No idea about the show, only had the time to say hello to Tomek when I met him, but knowing him - the show will have cool action, since he's pretty good at this, but I'm not so sure about the plot itself. He never really was good at this shit, even CDP makes fun out of it in the game - the whole badass cool "killing... monsters" trailer was made by Tomek, and it just sounds so fucking weird for Geralt to spew one-liners, so CDP just had to make fun out of it in the game afterwards.

>fantasy scene
I fucked up with Cyberpunk - I meant the overall genre of fiction.

The Witcher 2 CGI trailer was fucking GOAT

Geralt casting confirmed

What's the point of this series?

We already have such a fleshed out world between the books and the games.. it will do nothing but hurt the franchise imo, since Netflix won't give it HBO levels of production value.

Like what? You're constantly bleeding for the ass because you're constantly looking for it. If this were HBO we're talking about, I'd agree with you.

The short stories are comfy as fuck and it will be great to see them done right.

>done right
Or it could be another Iron Fist

user, I legit can tell you the short stories from the Witcher are GOAT and if somehow Tomek can bring them to the big screen, with a bigger plot in the background, it'll be the best fantasy series in years. Last thing I want is another GoT politics wankery. As long as Tomek is on it, I expect tons of vodka, beer, slapping asses and fucking everything USA made you think shouldn't be in fantasy, because >>muh Tolkien virginity and R. R. Martin gorefests

I've read the first two books and it seems like there's a large disconnect between The Last Wish and Blood of the Elves, I've had to stop.

You've already read the best the books have to offer.

I thought the first two books were GOAT. Third one left such an awful taste of shit in my mouth I never bothered to pick up the fourth.

Sword of Destiny is the 2nd book, user. Ya goofed.

Word, I'm about halfway through Lady of the Lake now I agree the short stories were amazing and the best part of the books.

The problem with a show is that they simply won't have the budget to do the monsters right, and the casting is gonna be really tough. If the show sucks it might hurt my perception of the franchise, which I don't want.

>Or it could be another Iron Fist
There's a better comparison

When this was first announced they had a tagline like "An unconventional family in a dangerous world" or something like that. So I read the books to get up to speed and they fucking aren't.
First Ciri spends about a year or so at Kaer Morhen and the travel to Nenneke.
Then she spends about a year there with Yennefer until the Thanedd Coup.
Then all three of them don't see eachother for her entire puberty.
And finally they are all together+Triss for a few weeks on the journey to Rivia where it all ends.

At least there is the potential to widen the audience of this new fetish the comic gave me.

As bad as it was it completely redefined image of dandelion in my mind and I always see him as this guy now