Do you ever get the feeling that Marvel is trying to subtly touch upon real world events?

Do you ever get the feeling that Marvel is trying to subtly touch upon real world events?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/hillary-clinton-and-the-s_b_9231190.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Or is that just me?

Is this bait or are you just dripping with sarcasm?

>subtly
Did they ever?

heres another Sup Forums gets triggered by things that dont agree with them thread and talk about comics they dont read.

>subtly

Y M C A

They needed to turn there greatest hero into a nazi to sell spider boy books

>anyone
>reading comics
Not even Sup Forums does that and they're supposedly comic fans.

you are an absoluteidiot.There's nothing Sup Forums about OP.

Politics BELONG to comics,they are needed, the main thing it's not DATE the comics,when done by SMART writers (people that Know Hillary is far right, that Obama Armed "rebels" that arenowpart of isis, that Tatcher was a monster, that israel isnt america's ally,that manspreading isnt a thing) the politics of a comic can make the copmic better. You can put a character and his actions on a moral trial, you can mirror the real world with the protagonists ofyour stories but do it ONLY to enchance the story you want to tell, and not as a way to do a mouth piece. You can challenge what the readers believe, expanding their knowledge on a theme and making them ask themselves questions.

Thisisnt that, this is empty PANDERING, the problem with PC mentallity and the reason pèople like MORRISON hates the SJW is that pandering to them KILLS creativity,it limits art, it turns everything into Fox news: a product that youy know how it will be, under certian parameters and that is there only to confirm your BIAS.

This is bullshit

>Marvel writers butt hurt about big Donny T
>most of them are probably from my state, or live there now
And the shame of being Californian grows just a little bit more.

This user speaks truth, typos and all.

We already have two fucking threads were you can cry about this user

It's kinda like that time Captain America punched out Hitler before America officially joined WWII.

All comics are dated though, tell me one that isn't the thing is that certain shit in their stories can be applied to things in the future.

All political fucking comics are someone's mouthpiece, Captain America started as a mouthpiece for two jews who hated Hitler and Nazis and both those jews got shit for it from people who didn't like it.

Wherever those stories are good or bad is another thing.

This isn't even pandering to SJWs you dumb fuck.

Over half of the USA hates Trump and thinks his policies are destructive nonsense designed to appease oil magnates. I guarantee you that most people have never been on tumblr or care about intersectionality or whatever.

I am most offended by the fact that the artist didn't even draw anything and just used filtered photographs what the fuck.

>Fucking SJWs, Hitler isn't even a bad guy - some guy in 1942

Whatever do you mean, user? Clearly I have no ulterior motives in making this thread discussing comics.

As a matter of fact, that's not far from the truth. In early 1941, there were many Nazi sympathizers in America, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby even received death threats. It wasn't until Pearl Harbor that being pro-Nazi was seen by everyone as unamerican.

>designed to appease oil magnate

Just like Obama's. Thedifference is that Obama wasnt called a Nazi. Hillary is the reason 10 million syrians had died or had to leave their country as refugees, and the SJW choose to forget that over how much of a cunt Trump is.

Also stop being retarded, they don't "pander" to half of the country, they pander to the SJW in the media. Youy do this shit and people in JEZEBEL will blog about it.They do this so the SJW will gave them free press it's like when they go to the view to announce shit about womyn thor. They don't aim at the readers, they aim at the people that will make noice about the comics.

Americans presidents had been a force of EVIL in the world for over 100 years.

And that's OK, i just don't believe that we should be getting cold war styled propaganda in this century. You know how great it feels to have an american president that doesnt want to antagonize russia after the other candidate wanted a no fly zone in syria AKA punching russia in the balls, the reason the rest of the world is happy aboput trump is that in the worst case escenario murrika will go to shit ending the american century, in the best he will go for isolation, and that's good too. Sure murrikans will pay the price, but that price is a small price to pay for peace and less interventionism

>The most authoritarian president of recent time has parallels drawn to other authoritarian populists

wow colour me surprised

Same. I know because I've photoshopped shit to hell and back to look less out of place with drawn stuff. That's EXACTLY what it looks like.

That's simplification, not only nazi sympathizers hated the idea of war, the problem was seen as an european problem and no one wanteds to send their kids to die to another country. Anti-nazi stuff was considered PRO-WAR.

This comic was supposed to come out months ago though, and the Secret Empire event was planned even further before that.

I agree, the attitude was mostly about leaving it be. But there were people who liked what Hitler was doing, mostly anti-semites.

This.

Hydra takes over the US, and the heroes mount up a Resistance? Shit, that's an interesting concept when put in the hands of competent writers, count me in. But that's not what Marvel's doing.

What Marvel's doing is drawing parallels with a populist and clearly shitty President only in order to make a few easy bucks, without actually considering the narrative possibilities such a setting offer.

>The most authoritarian president of recent time

The Drone-king just left.

So what you're telling me is that Marvel knew the outcome of the American election?

>The most authoritarian president of recent time
But Obama isn't president anymore, user.

>Implying Trump isn't going to keep using drones
>Implying that the man that's said that we should kill the terrorists' families is going to minimize civilian deaths

Of course not, Marvel, like most people including Trump himself, believed the polls and thought that there was no way Trump would win.

>OKAY YEA, OBAMA MURDERED INNOCENT PEOPLE WITH HIS DRONES, BUT DRUMPF IS TOTALLY GONNA DO IT TOO, YOU STUPID FASCIST

>going to minimize civilian deaths
Nobody fucking does this.

America has killed as many if not more civilians in Syria than the Russians did. The only difference is that America lies about it.

Sounds like just the alpha male we need to take the rails with a firm hand, and closed fist when needed.

I don't think I've seen liberals this triggered ever.

kill yourself

I think the difference is that America will try and avoid them if they can while Russia doesn't give a fuck.

First day on Sup Forums?

Sup Forums is literally the worst place for politics. Even Sup Forums knows more about it, and they're all 15. It's just libtards and conservicucks triggering each other over and ovet again, forever.

>"Of course a novelist is not obliged to write directly about contemporary history, but a novelist who simply disregards the major public events of the moment is generally either a footler or a plain idiot."

Trump has already publicly ordered members of the government to not release information to the press and we're not even a week into his presidency.

The only thing America does is avoid hospitals and schools. Russia technically does too but they don't really care when one accidentally gets bombed.

Everything else is a target. Imagine if you're in your house and everything explodes because there might have been a truck passing by carrying ammunition for ISIS.

>neo-nazi whitehouse adviser
>klan member attorney general
>suppressing modern science the way nazis suppressed "jew science."

Oh no, let's not talk about this. Don't criticize our Beloved Leader. This shouldn't be allowed.

Imagine explaining the context of this to kids in the future

I'm talking about the outside world. Now, I believe that democracy cannot last when the populace is well-fed and comfortable in their seats. But I'm not going to pretend that the people participating in the protests and riots are going to be satisfied with anything less than Trump stepping down and Hillary being put in his place.

Just like how Obama said his presidency was going to be transparent and it ended up being the complete opposite.

>>neo-nazi whitehouse adviser
And Obama had communist advisers.

I find that very hard to believe.

>avoids hospitals and schools

No, they've purposely targeted such, and with repeated strikes.

It'd be a little easier to believe you care about collateral damage in afghanistan and elsewhere, if it wasn't a part of Trump's campaign to literally call for the intentional bombing of innocent people and other war crimes.

Will Sup Forums and Sup Forums ever leave us the fuck alone?

Everything points out to kids being more conservative, so they'd probably game for a United States of HYDRA.

>But there were people who liked what Hitler was doing, mostly anti-semites.
Good thing all those jews survived, who would've been there in the future to normalize the genital mutilation of babies in countries that are supposed to be civilized and respect human rights if they hadn't?

No he didn't.

>Well you see kids America was forced to choose the lesser of two evils...

four years eight

Wasnt this event planned and finished before the election but the release got delayed?

Don't kid yourself, Donny wont get one at this rate.

You are retarded. Americans don't avoid ANYTHING.

Russia is supporting their ALLY, and America was arming the "rebels".

All the conflict was created by americans to support saudi and israeli interests.

This shitty article from a extremely liberal site it's pretty clear.

Stop eating propaganda, in Syria, RUSSIA are the good guys. America doesnt really avoid civillian targets, at least nomore than the russians.

This whole conflic and every death is on Obama's and Hillary's hands. The idea was to take away Russia's only Summer port (at that point) It was like taking every californian port away from America, it was a huge fuck you to putin and a extremely hostile attack.

huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/hillary-clinton-and-the-s_b_9231190.html

This is how I know you are underaged.

wtf?? im done, im from my phone and everything i tried to post got posted in a weird way.

Why is Sup Forums always grouped together with Sup Forums?

Here's a question: Would "Hydra War" have become "Secret Empire" if Trump weren't nominated for office, much less elected?

Because I'm halfway positive the seeds for Hydra War were planted just after Trump took the nomination.

Looks fine to me, dumbass.

they actually used a filtered photo for a whole page of the comic

It's just you

They dont read or care about comics and obsess over hating blacks, saying cuck, and screaming about liberals.

Which board am I talking about?

Sales show that neither does Tumblr.

The difference is at least Obama can claim it was an accident, meanwhile we know Trump wants to target civilians.

>i just don't believe that we should be getting cold war styled propaganda in this century.

considering our president just named his inauguration day the fucking National Day of Patriotic Devotion and claimed the rain stopped as soon as he started speaking (it didn't), I think we're getting Cold War North Korea-style propaganda from now on

He also threatened to send The Feds to my city. What does that mean? Nobody knows!

>but the bombs were an accident
Wow.

That's...

amazing.

>And Obama had communist advisers.

Wow, that's quite the alternative fact you've got there.

Even were it true, that is a far fucking cry from having an actual racial supremacist in the White House and attacking legitimate science because it doesn't fit your narrative.

No, Trump is not a Nazi. But is in bed with actual Nazis and he is doing the things Nazis do.

Marvel is cracking down on win-O's now?

Maybe they weren't, but at least Obama can claim it was. Trump can't

>subtly

It might be subtle for a 5 year old child, but anyone that underwent any type of formal education could tell there are clear comparisons

Or the CIA lying about russian hackers

But every dead is on him for starting the whole deal

>lying

One organization has kept us relatively safe for 60 or so years and agrees with several other organizations about the source of the hack

The other is a man who claimed it wasn't raining when you could see the fucking raindrops

I'll trust the alphabet men on this one

>if you dont like us you must be TUMBLR
fuck off.

>RUSSIA are the good guys
I wouldn't go as far, after all they are using American methods.

>Trump revealed to be a member of Hydra
>absolutely nobody is shocked

Sup Forums and Sup Forums wont get your joke user.

Fake news!! I have a list of alternative facts prepared

going to at least one political rally for each candidate would have pointed out very clearly just how much of an uninformed idiot you are.

Trump was filling sports stadiums. Hillary was filling the corners of classrooms and gymnasiums.

The only people who believed trump stood no chance are the useful idiots (such as yourself) that believe only what they are told by the talking heads on television.

As a black guy, why does Marvel hate white people so much?

Son, what did we conclude with our little talk about differing opinions. It's alright to Not agree with someone becuase they believe the opposite of you. It's not alright to accost people just becuase they have an opinion.

Van (Fucking) Jones.

look him up.

I don't like that he wants to do those things but in a costs-benefits analysis he still comes out on top. He is mostly a non-interventionist/isolationist. He wants to destroy ISIS quickly and brutally and then stop fighting other nation's wars for them through NATO, etc., and concentrate on America's own national interests instead. This would be fantastic. Clinton's policy was business as usual, America being the policeman of the world.

>going to at least one political rally for each candidate would have pointed out very clearly just how much of an uninformed idiot you are.

yes, try talking to those rabid trump fans at his rallies. They are definitely the most informed voters out there

>useful idiots

Isn't that the Kremlin's nickname for Drumpf tho??

I wouldn't even be mad, as long as he have comically Trump-like dialogues. If you're going to do it, go all the way.

>Hydra takes over the US, and the heroes mount up a Resistance?
Wait... how many times has this already happened? I'm a real scrub and I'm pretty sure I've seen this several time already.
I mean, I love resistance stories but I don't think they are exactly new.

>He wants to destroy ISIS quickly and brutally

woah what a strategic genius

definitely smarter than all those clowns in the military and intelligence communities

Too bad you're not even old enough to vote...

>airships with frickin tentacles on them
What is this, Spelljammer?
Do the tentacles DO anything or is that just Hydra branding? You'd think that if you're loading an aircraft with huge tentacles as long as the craft itself, completely wasting the effort your engineers spent making the main hull aerodynamic, you'd have some purpose in mind beyond a distinctive silhouette, but in Marvel people might have different priorities.

>subtly
No.

>One organization has kept us relatively safe for 60

The CIA is a weapon of mass control and train dictators. You fucking idiot. The cia LIES all the time

The intelligence community is there to push for profits and to make sure the dictator they put in place of the current goverments are american-israeli friendly. they don't want to win againts the enemy,they want to make the rich richer and israel safer

He also wants to steal oil from Iraq.

Like, go into another country in force, set up infrastructure, and stay there for, what, how long does it take to drain an oil well? Decades?

And fight off the locals who might, you know, want their oil in the meantime. That's interventionist as hell.

>they want to make the rich richer and israel safer

So, like "let's stack the government with richie riches and give Israel free rein again" Trump?

That's mean. Very unfair.

Maybe I'm being cynical somehow, but I very much doubt that. It's not like those wars were done for the sake of foreign interests. Being the "policeman of the world" go along with being the top dog of the world.

Not that it changes anything about your point though, since Trump is a good maybe while Clinton is a terrible certitude. At least on that issue.

>Nazis are bad because they were evil and did war and stuff
>America is okay when it murders entire communities of brown people though because FREEDUMBS

Why are burgers so hypocritical?