It says here that you want to make an..."action" cartoon

It says here that you want to make an..."action" cartoon.

Care to explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXyRsOJo0fo
youtube.com/watch?v=mCrZZAZr5S8
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't worry bro I'll be sure to put in some lesbians.

It's a mistake, I swear!
There must have been some misunderstanding, because I clearly wrote "suspense/horror cartoon"

That makes it even less appealing to execs.

Well then how do you explain all these cartoon lesbians?

>You're telling me you DON'T want a soundtrack filled with ukuleles and chiptunes?

you know, punch punch. er, I mean, Action Figures!

>It says here you want your cartoon to air in a decent timeslot. Care to explain?

They didn't say anything about it during the pitch and just squeezed them in at the last minute of production.

Did I say action? I meant "dramatic adventure"!

Oh shit, this is a broadcast TV station? Sorry, there's been a mistake, I wanted to air my cartoon on a medium that's not dying.

Yeah, that's right! An action thriller with good fighting, real stakes and world and character building done through actions not words. Top notch quality animation and career voice actors instead of overpaid 2nd grade artists. And it's going to have GIANT ROBOTS.
MAKE CARTOONS GREAT AGAIN
#MACA

Why does every episode gotta have hypnosis innit!? And transformation!?

I'd prefer droning and sudden loud chords.
Maybe some backmasked messages referencing various bloody religious rituals, tragedies and murders. And the intro theme itself is a backwards "God is Everywhere"

I just want to see how quickly I'd get kicked out

You mean one show (SU)?

TLOK had IMPLIED lesbians for 2 seconds AFTER the show had already been taken off the air.

Wow, user, that sounds pretty promising-
>And it's going to have GIANT ROBOTS.
Get the fuck out of my office.

Look man, you're the one who asked for another season of Totally Spies.

Enough of this pussy shit!
CHICKS
DIG
GIANT
ROBOTS

but there is no money in Youtube

Fart cops

It will feature a Goblin-esque soundtrack
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXyRsOJo0fo

You got it wrong, pal. Chick digs giant robot-eh. Just one. Me.

Forgetting someone?

>Your show is nice and all but where is the romance subplot?

>make action cartoon
>can't put any violence in it
You can write literally anything else, why do action?

But the protagonist is in love with the Giant Robot, wasn't the sex scene obvious enough?

Because whenever I put a love story between a princess with a Stockholm syndrome and her sociopathic rapist captor, you tell me to "get that filth out of here".
Make up your damn minds.

Chris Prynoski, is that you?

Oh, and I don't see how mutual genital mutilation is something to be ashamed of in this progressive era.

>"But, where's the diversity? All I see an all-white cast?"

It's actually an all asian cast...

It takes place in pre-Roman Poland. I'll put in some talking animals voiced by Phil Lamarr and Cree Summer

Action comedy to be correct.

>A black guy asking
It has to be a white women or some numale.

>"You picked a more privileged race? I'm sorry, user, but our network does not support bigotry."

How about an all jewish cast?

>can't have a cartoon about a more privileged race
Oy vey, the ADL will hear of this goyim.

Oy vey, jews are the most oppressed race in the world.

Nonsense! One of them is half-Japanese, one of them is half-Sioux, one of them is half-Mexican... you see Tim in the corner there? He's quarter-Mali! And Christine? She's Canadian!

is it ok if the show is about a fat white guy hanging out with brown little girls.

Perfect, welcome to the Nickelodeon family user!

>"I like your pilot, user, but you wrote at least twelve shots focused on the girl MC's feet. Is there a reason for that?"

>You want the bad guy to actually die by the end!? Get out of my office!

>well, the artwork will be based on your feet of course. You're wiki says you were a foot model at one time

>Entire room breaks out into laughter
>They call over some other people and ask you to repeat that
>They laugh even harder & kick you out
>You're now black-listed from Hollywood

>"I admire your style but there's no way we're licensing all of these Death Grips songs."

>You will never watch an animated series with an original soundtrack from MC Ride and the Death Grips

>"Hey user, your idea for a cartoon is great but why is most of the cast cute little girls? Trying to cater to kids? Good for you!"

Why the fuck would someone ask me this. I seriously wouldn't know how to respond

It's a realistic, down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots.

>I like your style- lots of referential humor- but I don't think audiences will recognize the homage to Sling Blade. And in episode 4 your heroes spend seven minutes at a Devin Townsend concert. Something's wrong here."

I really want an action cartoon that actually had a fantastic, orchestrated soundtrack like a lot of anime have. With some popular music in there as well.

I'd like an actual good action-musical. I know that sounds silly, but I think I want that more than anything in the world right now.

I didn't know how much I wanted this before.

If by that, you mean something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCrZZAZr5S8

Then hell fucking yes. I love it when the music is synced up to the action or visuals.

Your boyfriend is dead.

Well you see, it's like a comedy except instead of jokes there are punches. Trust me, this is the new frontier and will make us TONS of money.

While I love stuff like that and think the world could use a lot more, I actually meant like a real musical. With characters singing original songs and everything.

If necessary I'd suggest making the show revolve around music on a core level. Like maybe they have music based super powers.

Steven Universe does this to a certain degree.

It's something that I'd like to see, in all honesty.

I still prefer my idea though.

I feel like there's a lot more stuff closer to your idea than my idea. Edgar Wright stages things as if they're musicals. And I know a lot of action directors intentionally try to make things more balletic through cinematography, choreography and editing in tandem with music. It is indeed very satisfying stuff. But it doesn't come even remotely close to hitting the spot for me.

Steven Universe is the closest thing I can think of to what I'm describing. But it isn't really the best example of what that sort of thing can be. It's not even a particularly good example. And this is coming from someone who loves SU.

it's about a guy named brian, he's meets a girl playing sonic, and then he grabs her boobs.
feels like jelly

Yes. It's a dimension-hopping, post-apocalyptic epic about trying to undo an unknown cataclysm that destroyed the world centuries in the past. I already wrote all seven seasons plus a developed backstory and lore and planned out all the multimedia ARG experience for each year. I will need a multimillion dollar budget and an M rating

It sha here you want to make a cartoon based on a comic book and also be faithful to the source material.

I hope you don't mind if we also add in pop songs, gadgets designed to sell toys, goofy humor, and dumb down the violence?

>MAKE CARTOONS GREAT AGAIN
this should be a thing

That is kinda dumb for a show from a money standpoint, dude

My main character is an alien, okay? He looks like a white white but he's a goddamned alien.

it's like naruto but with gangs

>bloods outnumber crips 2 to 1

huh, I always thought the Crips were the Coke to Blood's Pepsi

That actually sounds pretty good

Okay. It's an "Action" Cartoon. It doesn't talk down to kids at all and has equal parts dramatic/tragic moments and comic relief. It's mostly plot-driven, and while it helps a bit to watch them in order, you can miss one or two and still get by. It doesn't talk down to kids and people die, sometimes in very violent ways, which we won't even try to censor or downplay, but we won't exaggerate either.

The plot, by the way, is about a blood-feud between the chicken people and the squid people. Both tribes are about 3 feet tall. It's mostly unwinnable for both sides and mutual peace is not only unattainable, but not a single character strives for it. The squid people are good guys, the chicken people are bad guys with no redeeming qualities, they are evil simply because they were born as chicken-men. Overall combat is portrayed as a glorious thing, striking down evil and an opportunity to be valorous. Even though the hero squid-man gets beat up and nearly killed on a regular basis it's still fun to get in a fight sometimes.

Also, there are human characters that befriend people on both sides, but they are mostly aloof to the squid-chicken feud and are there to bring an outside perspective to things. Although chickens and squids can badly injure or kill each other with their biology (tentacles, ink, talons, beaks) they are mostly harmless to humans, even kids.

How's it sound?

>Your show is about a cute little girl constantly surrounded by large muscular men? I don't get it.

>not liking chiptunes
hey man i love those

Your show is filled with cartoon animals and large breasted women. The executives are not amused.

I actually thought a lot about a setting like that over the summer. Every gang has a spell based on their sign or signs. The strength of your spells is determined by how tough you are, how big your gang is/has been and how much respect you have with your crew.

i like you

They're all various shades of brown though, you can't tell what race they are

>We're sorry user, but our marketing department think your outstandingly compelling characters aren't toyetic enough. Exit is that way.

It'll be full of marketable characters we can sell as toys to young boys

>"Okay, user, I like the idea but maybe it would be better with a female protagonist instead?"

Yes it will be 22 minutes long per episode. Some characters might even die and not come back

What's his name again?

There isn't much TO explain sir, I want to bring tokusatsu style henshin heroes to the west, where it rightfully belongs. In this era of cape comics being made into movie, I KNOW a Kamen Rider style cartoon will make it, I just know it. And think of all the money you can make off the collectable toys!

Dan "Fetus Fister" Schneider

As long as the personality, context of situations and interactions with the rest of the cast and the environment isn't effected in any significant way, I don't see a problem with making the protagonist a female instead.

This. Unless he's some kind of an activist or self inserting, black guys don't care.

Animation is even more screwed online

Yeah, it'd be a mecha cartoon and blur the lines between "real robot" and "super robot" anime by showing the effects of warfare on soldiers fighting in combat in giant robots, while the opposing side deploys kaiju and shit as super weapons.

Yeah, we've got the Pacific Rim license from Del Toro. Giant Robots punch the ever-loving fuck out of giant monsters. Saban's been printing money with the Power Rangers franchise since the 90's, so why not?

But this is actually a legitimate thing for an exec to say. Licensed songs cost a buttload

>The first 11 episodes were delightful but then most of the hero cast are killed brutally and violently. And then afterwards the villain brags about how he caused the Holocaust! The tonal shift was very jarring.

>I'm sorry user, your ratings are good, but your pulling in to many non target demos. Little girls? Young adult men? How will we ever make money off every last viewer isn't a make between ages 8-13

>Where are the giant spiders?

It's not a joke about stingy execs and more a joke about user making a cartoon and the soundtrack is 100% Death Grips

Yeah, like Voltron: Legendary Defender and Samurai Jack.

Tailspin, but gender reversed, not furry, and serious in the way Gargoyles was.

I'm still shocked regular show was able to do this on the scale it did. It probably set a record or something.

>It's okay, user. We're Netflix: we're not like those evil executives from network television, we're open-minded when it comes to risky ideas.
>Wait, what do you mean you don't want your episodes to be released all at once?

>You said it was popular with children, but I looked Undertale and apparently it's some old video game? There's no way this'll fly!

>I don't care that the show gets 3 million viewers per episode, user! We were expecting 4 million, so we're cancelling the series!

all the characters are aliens, theres not a single white person to be seen. are you even looking at the right cartoon?

What's wrong with that?