When King Mancastle and his mighty vassals ride off on crusade...

>When King Mancastle and his mighty vassals ride off on crusade, the women left behind are not at all put out—that's a lot less armor polishing for them to do. Of course, when the men get themselves eaten by a dragon and leave a curse that attracts monsters to the castle...well, the women take umbrage with that. Now the blacksmith’s wife Merinor is King, Princess Aeve is the Captain, and the only remaining (and least capable) knight Sir Riddick is tasked with teaching the ladies of the castle how to fight, defend, build, and do all manner of noisy things the men had been doing while the women assumed they were just drunk. Novelist Delilah S. Dawson (Star Wars: The Perfect Weapon, As Wicked as She Wants, Wake of Vultures) brings her first original series to comics, and is joined by breakthrough illustrator Ashley A. Woods (Niobe: She Is Life) for a rollicking fantasy adventure featuring women reclaiming their lives on their terms.

Subtle.

>dyke nig
>beta male self insert teaching women to fight
Ughhhhhh

Subtlety is dead

So it's going to be a harem series?

That's too bad, Ash Wood is great... He doesn't do much interior work in general and when he does it's wasted on bad writing.

Lol all our husbands, fathers, brothers and sons are dead men am I right

Well fantasy is whatever shit doesn't work in the real world so...

And yet she still wears armor that protects none of the essential bits.

>Breastplate with cleavage

Looks like dogshit. Why is the blacksmith black? Did she travel all the way from Africa to some random castle. Did they teach her when she got there. Why can't she design armor?

Also let me guess one of the villains is someone trying to claim the lands through inheritance.

>Wife takes over castle after husband dies
>Doesn't use her knowledge of politics to pit her rivals and opponents against each other.
>Learns how to fight on the battlefield where a stray shot can still kill her regardless of training.
>Doesn't ruthlessly crush all opposition.

Lady Wu is disappoint.

Those castle walls does not look like its design to defend against anything. What's with those pathetic looking merlons? Those are suppose to be at least chest high and ideally provide full cover for an defender like archers. Standing over it like that just begging to be shot with an arrow.

These kind of things does have some historic basis, like Mary Bankes of corfe castle for example, who with the help of few men defended it against superior number in the siege only until she was betrayed by one of her officer.

... actually, I am not sure what point this is suppose to make. From the sound of it, frankly women are giving up the safe, privilege existence because there are work left by men who were killed. What are they getting at? Or is this just going to be things that things that just kills men left and right does not happen to women because they are just better somehow?

Notice the castle is made of bricks.

FUCKING

BRICKS
R
I
C
K
S

What material should it be constructed from?

Stone

Boom is the only publisher in america that releases comics for little girls.

In a healthy marketplace, the little girl demographic has more than one supplier.

I mean what Boom is doing is great and admirable and their comics are wonderful but this still ain't right.

Is that just because of availability of materials? Brick seems like it works be a lot more practical.

>urban fantasy is played out
>subversive high fantasy is in

I suppose I should expect a lot more stuff like this in the Sci-fi/Fantasy shelves instead of all the "girls in leather with tramp stamps" covers

>Now the blacksmith’s wife Merinor is King

Why is the wife of a blacksmith the king? Why is a girl a "king"?

>Why is a girl a "king"?

don't make fun of Saber like that

Stones are literally fucking everywhere. Making out of bricks just means it'll fall apart real quick in a siege.

Stone is much stronger than Brick, in general. Brick's only advantage over stone is being formed in rectangles to universal sizes.

Thank you

>"Finally we defeated the patriarchy"

Think about all the advanced seige engines required to assault a castle. Catapults, Trebuchets, Towers, Battering Rams, etc. A lot of that has to do with the defenders of the castle, but think of the Battering Ram, a huge tree trunk manned by 20-30 men, beating against a wooden door to break it down. Not even the wall, the door. The wall is much thicker and stronger.

Now imagine a brick wall. I can break down a brick wall, with a Sledge hammer. Just me. One guy. Even if the wall is multiple layers thick, if a single guy with a hammer can break though your walls, your castle offers 0 protection from people who want to get in.

The concept is somewhat historically accurate. In France, when the men went off on crusade, the women were left behind to rule the lands in their stead. In fact, they somewhat got a higher standing in society (emphasis on 'somewhat') when the men returned.