/STD/iscovery

Discovery
Dicso Shirt edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QiFBgtgUtfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shiny new bread :D

have a new OC image OP!

really dont see why they didnt go with a uniform more fitting the time period, really takes people out of it who are fans of Star Trek.

Stardates were widely inconsistent in the TOS/TNG days. STD is meant to be chronologically closer to ENT hence the similar uniforms.

Thats a good use of Discovery and STD.

Maybe we should use this format from now on?

It says DISCO on the t-shirts. Fuck off with your STD bullshit. Stop the thread wars, stop the Trek wars, stop it!

Obviously they got tired of the felt shirts.
Really though I like the new uniforms and it make perfect sense stop clinging to to your oldTrek and just embrace the nuTrek and stop worrying about little things like consistency or good acting or things that make sense in the Star trek universe.
If they want to turn Q into a faggoty space pirate we should all just bow down to the superior storytelling of this wonder show thats been renewed for five more seasons.
GOOD ART MEANS ITS DOING WELL!!!

STD is set it says 10 years before Kirk gets on the Enterprise with spock, meaning its the date above during hmmm was it called the cage?

to be fair they had command wraps, or other types maybe that could have been used, saw some great mockups by anons a few breads ago that fit but were also different so as not to violate the Kelvin license the show uses from Paramount under Bad Robot.

There are only four pip combinations on the new uniform, implying only four ranks.

so who dropped already?

Hey, get your timeline math out of here and just appreciate how masterful the show shot with all those lens flares and shakky cam all the time cause is dark and gritty and show show even regular ugly people can just be on TV and it good cause in the future they embrace having pock marks on the face even though they should have some magic zit removal cream by then to make sure you don't have pustules on your forehead.
ALSO GOOD ART MEANS GOOD SHOW.

i cant even see the ranks really, same on Orville. They both could use a revamp in that aspect maybe?

My gut is their ugly, but maybe with color changes they could work? A mix of ENT and TNG maybe?

Huh guess you're right. Can't really fault CBS for not being slaves to a 50 year old offhand reference though.
I'm personally more concerned that they created a vastly superior FTL method years before Kirk.

Real Discovery coming through

terrible design, i bet the front doesn't even spin

>revamp

or go back to the ring/solid pips that have been around since TNG

>I'm personally more concerned that they created a vastly superior FTL method years before Kirk.
I dunno either way it was before, they did say exactly and even if earlier like you said wouldnt change the crazy engine.

But does it end there with the engine? Can it traverse time and space thus if their in the mirror universe use it to unite the Prime and Kelvin timeline?

Those used to be worst uniforms, but they have a silly 70's charm now. STD would be neat if they set it during that era, used Romulans not Klingons and had those uniforms. And hey, you could have Admiral Kirk call in orders on the view screen.

maybe some type of jacket would fit? a hybrid ENT and TNG? cant believe they didnt take time to go with that idea.

>implying literally every character isn't a surgically altered romulan agent

the comfy OP images like this are best images?

This one so far is top fav.

This thread was created first. Don't start thread wars. Where are the mods when you need them

>>implying literally every character isn't a surgically altered romulan agent
cylons my friend we have that story arc goin now.

Well the interior set definitely spinned

STD! STD! STD!

Now that would have been neat. Anything but jumpsuits. Those apparently did damage to Patric Stewarts back.
I like the coveralls though, perhaps engineering coveralls like ENT and everyone else in the pajamas with an optional jacket

plz dont spam our thread T_T

DIS is OUR thread!

Pajama collars are kinda lame, but that admiral uniform was classy as fuck.

Fuck off Orshill. Stop ruining our general

At first I hated the ENT outfits, but they work, kind of like cargos or flight suits, something like that maybe with the pants and a jacket kinda top? It could work like you said and even better than the jumpsuits on TNG.

That was started too early. Stop starting your DIS threads at

>i cant even see the ranks really
you gotta watch it in HD

If the ship on STD can travel through space, it stands to reason it can travel through time, if that is true then hmmm they could use the paramount license again next season, then get a prime one for the third season fixing the anomalies?

>being this desperate
g*d damn
can't say GOD in star trek thread ;)

but we need to force something other than STD!

Made you look

>you gotta watch it in HD
that with cargo pants would be sweet!

Look at that top half, its made for color to denote job specialization. The uniforms used now in STD noone can tell what or who anyone is.

Ooh, yea, cargo pants, ah'la military style but tight at the leg for boots and a loose 'pajama' top thing that's a thin jacket over a simple shirt WHICH can be swapped out for a nice think coat with more cargo pockets. Like those ones in WrathofKahn

if that was more high res id love to do some shooping experiments just to kill time maybe some color changes? STD could really use something like that.

>Where are the mods when you need them

Welcome in the internet

>sir, we don't know if the spore drive will work or destroy the ship!
>do it

>sir, we can't use the sporedrive again or the tardigrade will die!
>do it

>sir, we can't use the sporedrive again or the chief engineer will die!
>do it

>sir, if we use the sporedrive again the sporenet will be destroyed
>...
>do it!

so whats season 2 going to be?

hmmm your 100% dead on with the boots, and this is war time so they would have fit awesomely.

Like the airborne right? They I think tuck into their boots.

hmmm im gonna google the khan outfits, I was thinking maybe a jacket like we saw picard wear sometimes? That did sorta work.

also POCKETS! kek, TNG I could never tell if they had any actual pockets or not.

>it's real

I haven't watched any more after the premiere.
What's the context? Did they just randomly put these shirts on?

90% of all /STD/ threads are created before 290. Do you ignore them too?

Quit whining; we're talking about uniforms.

>so whats season 2 going to be?
see Season 2 could be Kelvin with Season 3 Prime?

its really just Sup Forums. But who the hell would want to be a mod here. Literally the only applications are sycophants and wanna-be-e-celebs.

dammmmmmmmm user those hazard uniforms are sweet!

are those from an existing series or game? or are they fan made mockups? They look great.

>season 1 was all all a troll

nah mang, they's gotta dump the spore-drive somehow before season 2.

>can go literally anywhere at will
>"FUCKKKK sarek is late to klingon fuck party wat we do!! :O"
>"I know, yeah you high ranking admiral should go ahead of us in a shitty unprotected shuttle with two (2) security guards we'll be right on our way ;)"

>b-but they do that all the time in star trek!!

>nah mang, they's gotta dump the spore-drive somehow before season 2.
Yea I was thinking the same thing. I saw a theory where Saru is a plant, he was created perhaps grown? Maybe he merges with the engine then they explain it with more magic somehow?

I know it sounds dumb I didnt make the theory to make it sound legit though but it did sound good when I read it.

boy, you're in for a shit show

They're seriously so fucking incompetent.

YESS. Airborne but with comfy tops and multiple jacket choices.
And talking about these jackets

>it was all Michael's dream

Those are mockups for a fanfic I was working on a while back
Also skirts cause sexy skirts.

What does Sup Forums think of my new shirt?

right these jackets, they could have totally used a variant of these considering their using a kelvin license anyways.

yea the skirts would be a great fan tribute, maybe they lose the replicator somehow and we get the unis fixed?

I think you need to leave this site. It's for adults only

Id buy an STD shirt :P

CBS where is our merch?

the tardigrade was sentient, it remembers, it isn't the only one, it went to it's people with stories of how horrible the humans are, its going to come back with friends and ... politely ask them to stop using the sporedrive

Test

>MODES DELETED THE OTHER, MORE REAL, GENERAL

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how is this collective denial phenomenon called that is going on right now? Does it have a name? First time i noticed it was around the no man's sky release. So one could call it the Sean Murrey effect.

they could use those in the third season if they can get a prime license from CBS. that might not be possible though legally.

10-4. Coming loud and clear there good buddy. You have my order . . yess?

Can you please explain why you deleted my thread, mod? And why you're letting this thread stay up? This one was created when mine already existed. It breaks the spamming rule

I like how CBS was so dumb they can't even use their own licenses. No surprise they're not even making money in the traditional TV money making season

Perhaps because you started a new thread when the old was still under 300 posts.
And this kind /STD/iscovery annon waited AND used a neat tagline that started an actual discussion.

>I like how CBS was so dumb they can't even use their own licenses.
ehhh more that their cheap or were blocked somehow. There is alot going on behind the scenes like a proxy war with this show as the battleground, winners will be chosen, and someone will lose, and others will win on both ends :D

gotta say of all the thread names so far, this one is best. Do others like it?

My only qualm with it is that it breaks the ability to search for "Dis*" in the catalog

I think its just called astroturfing. As its happened a bunch of times in history and its always when a company invests too much time/money into something that doesn't have a hope of success.

A great illustration of it is the American airline "deliver a dead baby" sequence in mad men.

No, it's shit. Why the fuck is it so hard to put "discovery" in the subject?

there are only shills in this thread and they keep it constantly bumped.

no one uses the catalog search feature.

look at him, hes upset that STD threads don't contribute to the demand impressions. Look at him and laugh.

oh wait, they do, because that's the only way the number is that high.

everybody calls him std, dude
just let it go

No it doesn't That actually works for all methods.
/STD/iscovery is should be

oh snap is that what it is?
not that I care but maybe that is why CBS spergs out about it? they should just use STD for their demand ratio anyways if they want to blow people out of the water.

That's hitting it because "Discovery" is in the OP. Though it does illustrate why Dis is a poor choice, since it hits so many other threads.

>blyat, not tri poloski
///STD///
youtube.com/watch?v=QiFBgtgUtfw

hmmm maybe that is why people switched from using both to just /STD/

well that makes sense now to make it easy to find, doubt any other std threads.

Almost all /STD/ threads are created at 280. There's been many occasions where those threads get to stay up but the /DIS/ threads that were created after the bump limit get deleted. The moderation is hilariously inconsistent

I just want the thread to be easy to find. Honestly at this point, though, I just give up trying to discuss the show here. If it's not people like OP running this forced STD meme smear shit, it's the faggots that are incredibly hostile to any discussion that isn't obvious strawmanning (BEST SHOW EVER HIGHEST RATINGS) or just shitting all over the show as being akin to a war atrocity.

It's not even that great of a show. It's mediocre. I'm watching it, I wanted to discuss it on this board without all this faggotry.

Dis doesn't work with the Disney reference to contend with. Disco is gay as shit, so deal with it you shill/autismo.

>Dis is a poor choice, since it hits so many other threads

How did the GoT threads manage?

Or something that would fit between ENT and TOS styles.

Agreed. DSC it is then.

I don't care about the acronym. Put fucking DISCOVERY in the subject at least. No cutesy /std/iscovery horseshit, there's no cause for it except to make the board shittier and bury any chance of discussion. If your aim is to shit on the show and kill any chatter from people who like it, don't be a little bitch and pretend it's about convenience.

That is pretty flippin sweet.

Star trek discovery's abbreviations are
>a disease
>an insult
>a genre of music built around homosexual drug addicts
>a round, flat, thin object (like the writing)

There is no good abbreviation for this.

You know what STD is on this board. The only reason I can see anyone caring is if they are getting paid by CBS marketing Dept.

>screencap
And in the latest episode Gay Officer talks about something "groovy" and he also makes an explosion sound effect with his mouth for some reason.
God I fucking hate that show. Why is it written for Whedon fans? Can't they just write adult characters who act and talk like adults with responsibilities?
Don't get me wrong I like humor and jokes but it's supposed to be a "dark and gritty" show.

the third party marketing "demand impression" guys might be upset about it. Cause CBS will likely sue for breech of contract if they don't keep implying STD is the hottest thing since parent trap lindsey lohan