One year since Helvetica last updated...

One year since Helvetica last updated, not counting the "my comic is still updating but there's no new pages yet" update. And she's still getting over $100 per month for tweeting about Transformers being homosexual.

I forgot to re-bookmark this comic when I factory reset my computer. It's a shame it's just screeched to a halt.

But thankfully, one of my favorite comics that I was lamenting being 100% inactive has had more frequent updates, so I guess there's a silver lining.

Which comic is that?

String Theory

Is this like the nutty professor where Sans plays every character?

wait
his patreon is still going?

Hey, I used to follow that! I kinda lost interest after he went to prison, and everyone looks really lumpy/wrinkly to me now because of the art shift.

You know what annoyed me? The artist spent months denying that Steak and Good heavens were a couple, but then suddenly went "yeah, you know what, they're gay".

What was even the point?

Her patreon is not only still up, but is the pinned tweet on her twitter, which is the link you see on the comic's homepage when you read the "announcement" blogpost. And the Patreon is exclusively for the webcomic, not for the artist in general, so keeping it on a monthly billing is inexcusable at this point.

She didn't even tweet about it yesterday when it was exactly one year since the last page. Just more headcanons about how gay some sexless alien robots are.

The fuck was this even about again? The main skeleton dies and goes on to the afterlife and shit but decides to look for the identity of this one random dude for no reason or something? I remember the plot being totally fucking stupid and feel I was just in it for the kinda nice art and to see if he bones that female skelington.

Is Wiedle back to going by "she". I honestly haven't kept up. The pronouns seem to change on a near yearly basis.

I remember that Twitter storm about Deadpool and Spider-Man needing to be butt buddies and how a book about that would be the best and most interesting things either of them would ever be in.

The fuck? I refuse to accept that.

>decides to look for the identity of this one random dude for no reason or something?
No, he's trying to find his own identity. Nobody can remember anything about who they were before they died. Most people just accept that. Helvetica didn't want to.

And then the comic died.

Ok that sounds way more compelling. I'd give it a reread to get a better gist of things but not when its as dead as it is.

Yeah. The basic concept sounded really neat, and I liked the hints of world-building that were established, such as another neighboring city that is apparently run entirely by criminal organizations (which had a nice little Heaven/Hell implication) so if it ever comes back I'll be happy.

I got about as far as the meeting the detective nigga in one go and haven't looked at it since

Being a dead comic notwithstanding is it worth reading what's available?

Being dead, no. It ends on an infuriating cliff-hanger with new characters who we don't know, who have shown up for reasons we don't know.

Isn't JNW a pedophile?

Fun fact, Sans and Papyrus were inspired by this webcomic. This is the original source of font skeletons. How did Toby Fox hear about this small webcomic, you may ask? It's very simple. Both Fox and Wiedle were involved with Homestuck.

>Remembers when JNW was just a nobody from Clyde, Ohio who was nervous about even starting a comic and was worried they'd never make art anyone would ever like.
>They still sold full colored commissions for under $10
>They still handed out their phone number to anyone who'd ask.
>Now they're one of the most influential people I've ever met.

Shit, life is strange sometimes.

i think they used to draw pinup teenage transformers and then got a callout post