So I just saw the american harry potter and I must say that it's absolutely shit...

So I just saw the american harry potter and I must say that it's absolutely shit, anything cosy or magical has been removed and replaced by shitty american morals and lack of culture, thankfully there won't be a second one
also fuck this ginger cunt

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37651586
youtu.be/bcsTCnFbScc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>there won't be a second one
Hahahahaaa
I agree though it's shit.

>Hahahahaaa
What's so funny?

>also fuck this ginger cunt

Fuck you, Newt a cute and a million times superior to Harry.

Why was she so cute?

I want to protect her and have a family with her.

>FB wasn't cozy

m8....

Also by the end of this movie I loved the term "no-maj" and found muggle anoying afterwards

>thankfully there won't be a second one
Kek

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37651586
>Harry Potter author JK Rowling has said she has planned scripts for a total of five Fantastic Beasts films.

I thought it was good, kinda....

She's hideous and looks like a carbon copy of her father, you might be gay.

Sequel is already confirmed

It will almost definitely get a sequel

>did someone say sequel

it was just one big generic hollywood pro-immigration or anti-profiling film it was so basic I can't even remember desu
you're a hack of a writer if you can't do anything deeper than [hot button issue of the day]

there is no hope for us, user

I grew up on Harry Potter and I disagree

/thread

t. faggot

It's already been confirmed and they've already cast the original J-Law as Doubledoor.

Plan is to have 5 Fantastic Beasts movies.

main character was BY FAR the worst part of it

Says the faggot attracted to a woman who looks like a dude.

>I grew up on Harry Potter
Pro-tip: nothing you say after this matters.

I thought he was charming. Accurate portrayal of autism desu.

Wasn't good because it didn't have best Emma in it.

What on Earth did you expect? The universe it draws itself from is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

The first book was released in 1997. How fucking old are you? Did you start reading a bunch of children's books as an adult?

>I grew up on Harry Potter

I'm so, so sorry.

I caught it on tv a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it. Maybe because I was stoned but it was fun in bits.

Seriously. His character really felt so try-hard whimsical.

There it is. 8/10 intro

Redmayne is just not a very good actor

Dunno why he's so over-exposed

It wasn't any worse than the Harry Potter films, you just think it's worse because there's no childhood nostalgia to cloud your judgement.

>shitty american morals
What's Americans morlas like?

maybe he gives good head

I love the climax of this movie ironically for how fucked it is.

The entire flick we are seeing snippets of this one kid being abused. We see how he clearly has developed mental issues and terrible social skills due to this. Then it’s revieled that his victimhood and supressed magic he has been transformed into a type of monster but still clearly has much of his humanity left there. The cast shows up to try and stop/resolve the kids issues and get him to calm down so they can help him but the ministry of magic just shows up and straight out murders the kid without a moments hesitance.

That’s it. Straight out cold blooded murder of a child. A child that’s a victim of domestic abuse.

AND NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!

It’s so fucking casually done and no one even bats an eye afterward that this helpless kid who had no control over what was happening to himself just gets fucking rekt because Johnny Depp was doing his best acting of his career as Collin Farrel and I guess it’s a good thing he was caught.

It’s so shit I love it!

Lots of adults read the books. It's not like they're difficult reads.

>Lots of adults read the books

They even had "grown up" covers so you felt less embarrassed reading them

Credence is still alive though. How did you miss that?

wat

Just reread the series. On book 7. Haven't noticed "stretched his legs" once. Provide page numbers

I think I would be more into this franchise if Terry Gilliam were involved.

I read them, but I wouldn't buy that shit. I liked the movie to a degree so wanted to read the books so just got them off pirate bay.

You can still get them user

>chris columbus
>john williams

americans made your precious harry potter films to begin with, dumb cunt

A stupid autist is not a charming main character. Especially one that’s breaking international laws on the regular and lying further about it and not informing authorities when he should be. Dude was an unlikable moron and barely took responsibility for any of his actions.

meh, why would I give money to a billionaire when I can get them for free.

You are now aware how often Rowling says "Incredulous(ly)"

You wou;dn't download a car

>A stupid autist is not a charming main character. Especially one that’s breaking international laws on the regular and lying further about it and not informing authorities when he should be. Dude was an unlikable moron and barely took responsibility for any of his actions.

You now realize you also just described Batman.

>A stupid autist is not a charming main character

Says you, I think it's refreshing from usual protagonists.

If I could download a car, I assure you... I would.

The authorities are ignorant bigots literally being run by the 2nd biggest Dark Wizard of all time. They (try to) murder an abused kid, almost murder an Auror, and have no regard for preserving important magical species

jesuschrist nu/tv/ is real

youtu.be/bcsTCnFbScc

Looks like he fucking exploded

This movie produced a lot of great lewds.

She has nice legs desu

Next time I read them I'll look out. But she wrote 7 books where bizarre shit

Fuck.

Where bizarre shit happens regularly. She gets a pass for using a common word more than once

i loved how the Obscurus looked, really nailed that uncontrollable rage feel

You have no idea how writers are suppose to write, do you?

They're supposed to write easy to understand books (with the odd word that makes a kid need to look it up). That way it's not too confusing for them, and they only have to look up the meaning of a word or two.

Was he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Damn...
*clenches fist*
What do we do now, bros?

All the reason more to acknowledge how stupid this movie is because everyone in it is fucking retarded

Came into the thread expecting this.

>Best character
>Gets best girl
>Owns best damn bakery

I really really wish we could've just had Farrel as Grindelwald for the rest of the films instead of Depp

to me the movie was all over the place in several spots.
american wizards are portrayed as stupid and bigoted.
>these no-majs saw this building blow up from magic how can we live now. there will be WAR!!!
>cant marry or date no-maj for no reason given.
>instead of understanding magic beasts lets kill them all and ban them
>kill the boy or there will be WAR!!!!

So did I and I thought it was terrible.

There's no way art is supposed to be. That's kinda the point. Either make an actual argument or don't reply

Considering the current state of the real world, I'd say it's pretty realistic. Nevermind what that time period was actually like. Not every movie is a utopian fantasy

i started watching it 3 times now, fell asleep every time. should i give it a fourth try?