ISILDOO

ISILDOO

ISILBURRRO

TALION!

jesus christ
i can see this mmeme gathering steam. what can I, a mere man, do to prevent the inevitable disaster

How was Sauron able to get the ring on over his armour? This completely ruined the trilogy for me

The ring adjusts to the wearer depending on what it views as most advantageous. That's why the ring slips off of Isildur's finger at just the moment when he needed it, or why the ring can fit equally well on Frodo's hand as it did on Isildur's (who was nearly 8 feet tall, twice Frodo's height).

Why would it want to adapt to Frodo if he was going to destroy it?

please tell me that's not from a movie

probably thought it could corrupt him, and he spent most of the time with it on a chain anyway

>Isildur's (who was nearly 8 feet tall

Just a hair over 7, actually

genius. +1

Part of Sauron's fatal flaw (explained moreso in the book) is that because his nature is evil, he can't imagine anyone who comes in contact with the ring failing to fall under its influence. In thinking of what his opponents would do, he imagines they would either try to use the ring themselves or hide it away. Sauron thought it impossible for someone to have the will to destroy the ring (and he was partly right, both Isildur and Frodo choose not to destroy the ring once it finally comes to it at Mt. Doom).

I must have gotten him mixed up with another Numenorian, regardless the pure blooded of the kings were giants.

He was right and was only foiled by a mentally retared midget which happened to be the ring-bearers slave.

Elendil was over 7 and a half feet tall

YOU SHALL NOT [SPOILER]FUCK AND SUCK[/SPOILER]

based newfriend

why didn't he wear the ring underneath his leather inlaid armor?

Formerly pass

You got the Ring, you show the Bling

Hobbits either weren't around or simply weren't considered when the rings were made, so it has diminished effect on them.

Why did he make a ring. Why not a necklace or pendant.

Bro, like you actually have a scene where The Ring shrinks itself to fit Isildur

Do you even cinema

u got trolled son

I thought hobbits literally didn't give a shit about anything but eating and sleeping so the Ring didn't have that much of an effect on them

FUCK
OFF
you LITTLE FUCKER!!!! Leave!!! me alone!!!!

Sam was tempted by the ring and was shown the world turning into a giant fucking garden but he realised it was bullshit and thought fuck it

The rings were literally made without hobbits in mind. Technically Gandalf might have been able to wield the ring of power but he knew it was safer with Frodo rather than an incredibly powerful demigod on the same standing as Sauron but limited by the terms of his quest.

because Lord of the Necklaces sounds gay

Hobbits are a bit more innocent than other races and so are less persuaded by the Ring to use it for power or evil. They are also inherently less "magical" than men or elves, so even a hobbit who knows magic couldn't use the Ring for much other than to become invisible. Galadriel even tells Frodo, iirc, that if he tried to use the Ring's true powers then it would likely destroy him.

Basically Hobbits are very mundane, innocent creatures and the Ring has less of an affect on people like that. They can still be corrupted by it, but the effect is slower.

How about Lord of the Rings; the Third age.

>an incredibly powerful demigod on the same standing as Sauron
While technically the same race, the Istari were definitely not as powerful as Sauron. Tolkien wasn't really concerned with "power levels" and typically only talked about stuff like that in very broad and general ways, but he did specify that.

Sauron's particular aspect did allow him an inordinate amount of power and control. Most of the Istari on the other hand were wise, intellectual types who valued the deeper mysteries and secrets of the world. It's why unlike Sauron Gandalf was able to call upon the aid of so many people in the story. Literally everyone from Aragorn to Gollum play a part in Gandalf's vision.

Others like Radagast and Saruman were primarily caretakers of nature and civilization respectfully. Finally part of Gandalf's aspect was that he was by nature cautious due to his profound awareness of the world around him and his understanding of it.

Reminder that Saruman thought initially to try and overwhelm Sauron with power, which would go against his ban imposed upon him by the Valar. Saruman didn't fall to Sauron out of fear, but out of ignorance.

Sauron lost his chance to remove a very important enemy at Dol Guldur.

So why didn't the ring just grow 8 stories tall so the wraiths could easily find it?

hmm

The Ring of power is a shower, not a grower.

Men?... Men are weak

I wish Elrond would have pushed Isildur in the volcano to save us from the dullest trilogy of all time. Seriously each episode following the little hobbit and his pals from Middle Earth as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make fantasy dull, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Christoper Tolkein vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his fathers' books. The LotR series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the books are terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character sought the ring, the author wrote instead that the character "desired power"

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Tolkeins's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of LotR by the same George RR Martin. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading LotR at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read George RR Martin." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "LotR" you are, in fact, trained to read George RR Martin.

its shy

>Seriously each episode following

didn't even proof read your pasta/10

this he's a modest a ring

Its from the new game.

>episode

lol, but change 'later' to '3000 years later'

> every time a character sought the ring, the author wrote instead that the character "desired power"
Kino. Is the ring of power the greatest literary metaphor of all time? I think it's even higher up than Icarus & the sun.

Durin's Bane?

>let the horn of helm hammerhand, the nazgul, sound in the keep - one last time
What did theoden mean by this?

he didn't destroy it. at the end the ring succeeded in overcoming frodo and frodo failed in the quest. only the intervention of eru (eucatastrophe through gollum slipping) caused the ring to be destroyed.

ISYAGSPUROOOO

It would crash the gold market

he's a big balrog

With no survivors

Post people who did nothing wrong, i'll begin

Why were the Valar such cucks? How could Feanor in any way be construed as the bad guy after what the Valar let Melkor get away with?

Everyone somehow forgets that NO ONE can destroy the ring willingly. Elrond, Aragorn, Gandalf, none of them would have willingly thrown it into the fire. It won't let you destroy it.

Fucking love that part.
>I CAN GIVE YOU YOUR HEART'S DESIRE SAMWISE
But I don't want anything.
>I CAN GIVE YOU A GARDEN THAT REACHES FUTHER THAN THE EYE CAN SEE
That would be nice, but it'd be too hard to tend all by myself.
>THEN YOU SHALL HAVE SLAVES TO TEND IT FOR YOU
FUCK THAT SHIT! What's the point of a garden if you don't care for it yourself?

This nigga did plenty wrong, but leaving Valinor wasn't one of them.
Might not have needed to kill the boatmakers though.

>No "OOOAAUGUH" posting

What happens to orcs when they die? Do they also get to chill in the halls of mandos, eagerly waiting for a rematch? Or will they get to be their former uncorrupted unmutilated elven selves just in time for dagor dagorath?

The ring knows what is the best method. Do not question the ring.

They cease to exist most likely. Complete obliteration.

Newfag.

But aren't they unfortunate that they cease to exist just because they got captured, mutilated, tortured, corrupted, and became orcs? It wasn't their fault, was it? Or did they willingly chose to become orcs?

The first generation were captured and twisted. Then they reproduced naturally, albeit at an accelerated pace. But orcs were not part of the divine plan, they are an abberation, created in crude imitation of other creatures. And anything that is not part of Eru's plan will eventually cease to exist.

Der ring des nibelungen.

Who was Tom Bombadil, apart from someone who gave zero fucks?

The jews wouldn't allow it as gold would have no value then

How would Gondor deal with the gold inflation?

Very intresting thought o lord user

he was a creature that crept into Arda from the void. basically Arda is a material plane created by Eru for his amusement because he was bored in the endless void he was surrounded with. Ungoliant as well.

That sounds neat. I really like the lord of the rings, I'd like to create my own fictional universe for other people to read about and enjoy. I have a question tho.
Does Eru still have presence in te world he created? Does he affect the outcome of events? I like the idea of Tom Bombadil not wanting to fuck with things even though he could because it not really his world, also because he just doesn't care about mortals. But does middle earth have a god that watches over it? Or is he sleeping or something.

f-f-fuck off carlos

lol, but go back to readit you stupid faggot

CARMELLA WOULD YOU PLEASE CLOSE THE ISILDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A daring synthesis

Pretty sure Eru pushes Gollum into the lava right at the end.

>Does Eru still have presence in te world he created?
Eru can at any point do anything including destroying the whole thing.
>Does he affect the outcome of events?
the whole point of creating Arda was to have something to look at and enjoy. He doesnt want to have any influence on it. "The Plan" was to have maias to shape the world and fuck off, but melkor didnt appreciate being janitor so he rebelled. finally at the end of 3rd era both melkor and sauron are banished from arda and elves fuck of to valinor aka. magic reservation and midle earth can finally "work by itself" as intended. ALL magic is just extension of erus power, its not meant to be.

wew lad

SO THIS IS ISILDOOS BANE?

I have so much questions about lotr plot, the story is so dumb for me.

Why is Kellogs bimbo a ghost in the game? I thought elves went to hang out in Valinor when they 'died.'

Were the elves never meant to be a part of arda? I know the dwarves were created independently by a lesser god.

opposite. elves are literally part of arda. when they die they go back to the land or something like that. humans have souls and can transcend beyond erus creation.

holy shit...

CLOSE THE GONDOOOOOOOOOOOOR

the boat cucks deserved everything they got. Fine, you dont want to join your kinsman in a righteous holy war but dont prevent them from undertaking a noble cause because "dude the boats are our children and just as precious as the literal holy gems you created"

I hope the ashes of the boats floated back to valinor to spite those pussies

fucking noldor apologists
>muh shiny rocks
go back to throwing yourself into a fucking crack in the earth along with ur fucking rocks you noldor fucking shit

fucking weak beta didn't go get the ring from him

Severely underrated

i bet i could do it if i got a good run up

Do not open the portal I beg of you

NO SHUT UP IT'S IN THE LORE SOMEWHERE

IT'S FAN FICTION ANYWAY SO IT DOESN'T MATTER

SHELOB COULD TRANSFORM SO SHE COULD BE A SEXY LADY, BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, HUH?