Justice Leaue Dark

Is this any good Sup Forums? Or is it just Batman saying 'Hmmm' a lot for 90 minutes?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1XQdZczj17c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm curious to see how they handle Swamp Thing and Constantine.

Swamp thing jobs hard.

>DUDE BATMAN TOO

Stop this. He's in every fucking episode of Justice League Action, also.

Swamp Thing was meh, he needed more screentime.
Constantine was Mr. McPewPew Fireballs.

I feel like this was one of the better more recent DC animated originals.

Yeah it's definitely up there with JLWar, kinda hate the wub wub music though.

you basically have to accept it at this point. nothing in comics makes more money than batman.
it makes sense to include batman in everything because it sells.

Yep, sadly a JLD movie without Batman would probably be lucky to get half the number of viewers. It's a pity, as he doesn't belong in the group in at all - the guy is completely devoid of anything magical. What's he meant to do when they're up against some JLD enemies?

Batman has dealt with magic stuff in the past

also if Batwoman can deal with the supernatural so can Batman, with this I don't mean he should be in there tho

Everyone jobs except Batman and Constantine, who is pretty much just magic Batman

Swamp Thing has like two scenes and then dies I guess. I didn't even know if he could die.

There's a pointless fight scene with Felix Faust that serves no point except to show that Zatanna can go Super Saiyan for some reason. She then proceeds to never do anything important again.

Deadman just hops in between fat guy bodies for comic relief.

For some fucking reason they shoehorned in Black Orchid as the incarnation of the House of Mystery, she's marketed as a member of the team but she does jack fucking shit. She doesn't even leave the house. She literally is incapable of punching the villain, then just burns herself alive and vanishes from the plot.

They clumsily tie in Etrigan's origin with Destiny, who for some reason is Destiny and not Doctor Destiny because the writers are totally comfortable with having a character called Swamp Thing but apparently Doctor Destiny is too campy a name.

6/10

its the best of the new Justice League movies

>Felix Faust: I cast a spell on my home so women can't talk, just for Zatanna. And men every where.

Hah. women. right, fellas.

Literally and figuratively fuck women, though.

I only really got the one bone to pick with em.

Have any of the new DC animated movies been good? I used to like them, but then around the time of Justice League War I lost interest. The newest one I've seen is Gods and Monsters, which was cool. Any other ones worth seeing?

jobs so hard he dies

yeah that was lame. And nobody seemed to care

Better than the abortions with Damian. Seriously, there's a cool Shamalama moment but the ending might disappoint you since an important character dies

Is there a limit to Zatanna's powers?
It seems like she can do anything as long as she says it backwards.

Really the whole death thing is what kills the movie. If not for that Id rank it a lot higher.

Killing Jason Blood could have been fine, it made sense within the plot and his connection to destiny we just needed to spend more time with him but there's no reason to kill Swampy and then not even have anyone acknowledge it. You could have just had him be done with the movie after they bum a ride

I think there might be some physical strain but I haven't read enough to really say. Her powers tend to fluctuate in effectiveness a lot.

Anyone able to make out the verbal beat down she hit Faust with

They could've used Xanadu to make us feel more sentimental for Blood and Etrigan. I loved Demon Knights because even after 20 issues you couldnt really tell who was playing whom

They didn't need to use ANYONE. The locater spell jammer was such an artificial road block that was only used to pad the film. They could have just been able to bamf over to Faust for all the difference it made.

Personally I thought that Batman didn't need to be used so much in the film and that Constantine and company could have gotten through the situation without him. Actually the entire Justice League could have been omitted, they and Bats are just there to simply hook fans into becoming interested in the film.

Still, was surprised and impressed that that the movie held no punches with the violent and graphic content even with scenes with the usually vanilla Justice League, it earned that R-rating.

Wonder Woman had a bondage scene, that's always a plus.

Drop the League entirely and use that time to give Boston and Blood some more screen time. Also drop Swampy to give Orchid something to do. Give John and Z more alone time, not necessarily in a shippy sense but not necessarily in a NOT shippy sense just something to expand their relationship. And maybe go into what went down with Richy

>Batman tag along: The movie.

Return of the Caped Crusaders is pretty good.

I liked it. Despite Batman being the main character which pissed me off at first, but it made sense in the movie was ok. Hopefully it might make Constantine more popular and we get more movies about him.

WHAT WENT WRONG?

Starting with pic related DC Universe Animated Original Movies went downhill, what happened?
Dc animated movies used to be good.

There's been lots of good ones since then. Dark Knight Returns, God and Monsters, Justice League War, Assault on Arkham

Dark Knight Returns happened before

God and Monsters is pretty ok but it is Bruce Timm "aside project'

Justice League War is not good, 'ok' maybe but not good

Assault on Arkham debatable

>There's a pointless fight scene with Felix Faust that serves no point except to show that Zatanna can go Super Saiyan for some reason

but I liked the twist, they were building up Faust the whole movie and it was all a fake.

I'd say it's a solid 8/10

vocaroo.com/i/s1XQdZczj17c

Fucker's just looking for excuses. This movie was miles better than the shitfest that was JL vs TT

It was, I mean it didn't have no fucking several minute long scene of DDR to fill the run time.

What always irked me was the lack in the fights. DC animated is always pretty tame with it's fight scenes. I know people will complain "muh collateral damage" but in war it was Darkseid, there just wasn't as much compared to what heroes could do

It's really a step up from the Damian movies and while it's by no means perfect it's a pretty alright movie.

>ConstanTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Just fucking stop, I beg of you, DC. Just stop.
>inb4 autism

Haven't seen the Damien movies, what was wrong with them?

I don't think they're quit as bad as people say, he's supposed to be an obnoxious character. But making 4 movies revolving around him (counting teen titans) is definitely overkill.

Of course Batman sells if he is in every god damn piece of DC media. Having every movie and show have Batman as a centerpoint of attention nullifies the chance that other characters even get a chance to shine and get popular.

>It's a pity, as he doesn't belong in the group in at all - the guy is completely devoid of anything magical. What's he meant to do when they're up against some JLD enemies?

Batman has been fighting supernatural shit since the 1940's
Batman was there to justify all the explanations, flashbacks and all the crap people not familiar with the characters needed. If it wasnt Batman they would had to use other mainstream hero, one that doesnt has a history with Zatanna or Deadman or a famous dislike for magic. Batman wasnt just a smart choice, it was the only choice, especially given how new52 billy is barely a magical character
It was before that, but pretty much the Damian movies are AIMED to kids, not adults, and he is actually fairly popular among 11-12 years olds, since he is a shonnen character.
The rest of the movies are Johns bullshit. This movie was good tho

Adding on to this a bit, they're also not the greatest adaptations of storylines, such as the Court of Owls.

Those movies butcher everything. It's not even a "NOT MUH" thing, everything in them is inferior to comics versions.

They're also all extremely boring. Damianwank is up to eleven to and he's completely unlikable (keep in mind, the last part is coming from someone who found comics Damian to be charming in a "lovable cunt" way)

>Having every movie and show have Batman as a centerpoint of attention nullifies the chance that other characters even get a chance to shine and get popular.

Fuck you, you dumbass it's the other way around.

Brave and the Bold is the reason a lot of kids found out about Jaime Reyes, or loved Aquaman, Batman is how C listers can become b-listers, you are retarded if you believe otherwise

Whatever niche character you want to get popular won't ever be popular because their character traits have relatively little appeal to a wider audience.
It's not because there is a more popular character that your character is unpopular

Would you also add that the art is also kind of anime crap as well?

That too.
That art, funnily enough, was at its most offensive in Justice League Dark.
By "offensive" I mean that it completely nulified all the horror elements the movie tried to have. It's just so unfitting for that kind of story.

Do you guys blame Phil Borassa for that?

Only Gods and Monsters was good

JLD is a dumb concept.

>no fishnet stockings
>no top hat
That was kinda disappointing.

They used pre body loss Holland swamp thing (which is weird because he lost his body before he met connstantine). So he had about 1/16 (if that) of the strength of swamp thing. I was wondering how they were gonna do swamp thing in this movie because he's super overpowered, but they nerfed him hard and made him into a bitch

At least we got a little bit of it in the beginning.

why is the only good post-52 DC animated film Gods and Monsters? holy fucking shit

>non-vertigo run constantine

>watches it on a stream
>looks at comments
>"FUCK YEAH BATMAN"
>on a character that barely does anything in the movie

is this what accounts for batman fans nowadays?

>Yeah it's definitely up there with JLWa
Did you just imply that War was good?

It's not even new52s fault they dont follow the storylines at all and even if they follow them they are barley recognizable (I'm looking at you throne of atlantis)

+Actually good animation in fact its the best looking movie since Flashpoint
+For once the gratuitous violence and language match the content and don't feel out of place for the sake of being edgy
+Very little Batwanking (in fact he does nothing)

-Batman and the JL did not need to be here at all
-Everyone is essentially worthless but Constantine and even then his abilities are not all that impressive
-Shitty fake out TWEEEST for the sake of it
-Subpar voicework as the course with DCA movies nowadays (Constantine's VA was terrible with damn near unintelligible dialogue because he's British)
-Shitty soundtrack

5.5/10 Better than the Damien movies (though that's not saying much) and is a step in the right direction for more "mature" adaptations but it has the same promises as other Nu52 adaptations only it doesn't look like shit.