So Jem is ending

cbr.com/idw-publishing-jem-and-the-holograms-ending-in-april-will-return/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

I meant to read that. Is it any good?

It's great. It's a shame it's ending .

no. literally tumblr the comic

>muh tumblr!
Well your input goes straight in the trash.

It's good but it does suffer after Sophie Cambell leaves. The current artist tries but my god they can't compete.

I'm so sad it's ending the art was so good.

It's not bad. The story has gotten a bit cluttered with the addition of more characters in the most recent arcs and the current artist is hit or miss but I don't think its /bad/ by any means.

no he is right it is tumblr in comic form so right in the trash it goes

About fucking time

>he's right
>he
>same number of IP's in the thread
Goddamn dude you suck at this.

...not lately.

The current art style is rough.

It's ending but they have plans for Jem after it ends. I wonder what there planning.

>While it’s not yet known what the next “Jem” project is, it’s notable that last year IDW united most of its other Hasbro properties into a shared universe via the “Revolution” event. While seeing Jem and the Holograms in the same stories as the Transformers and G.I. Joe may be a long shot, it would certainly fulfill Thompson’s promise that “everything” will change about the Jem universe.
hmmm

>four stingers
what in the fuck

One of them is Raya because the writer wanted some really lazily thrown together conflict.

Speaking as a huge fan of the cartoon, it's trash. It panders, it disregards the source material, and everyone has the same damn haircut.

And what if I give less than zero fucks about the source material?

Then I would ask why you're even reading it.

Because I like reading comics and it is a comic that exists.

It is not a good comic and not worth your time. There are much better girl comics out there.

>it disregards the source material, and everyone has the same damn haircut
Why should it have anything besides names to do with the source material? It's a reboot, dumbass.

As a big fan of the original cartoon as well, and honestly, typically someone who hates any kind of "sjw" shit, I honestly feel that while yes I acknowledge this comic was certainly going for that kind of audience, but it wasn't offensive to me....it wasn't supposed to be for kids, or for any kind of family audience or general comic audience, it was clear who they had in mind while making it (the young adult liberal leaning female crowd) and it felt honest to me in it's delivery of that even if a bit cringe worthy to my tastes in regards to things like lesbo shipping and whatnot

This kind of thing has it's place and when it's done honestly, it can still be good, I'm only ever offended or bothered by stuff like that where I feel it's being forced somewhere it shouldn't...but I went into this knowing damn well who it was being written for, and that being said I enjoyed it a bit despite being obviously very different from the original series which I am a much bigger fan of, but still.

Well I'll still have to see for myself. Maybe your loyalty to the original blinds you. Or maybe I'll drop it after a couple of issues. Whatever.

>Speaking as a huge fan of the cartoon
Geewunners of 80s cartoons are cancerous and their opinions are not valid. Into the trash this opinion goes.

>It is not a good comic and not worth your time. There are much better girl comics out there.
Are you kidding? It's totally a good comic, and there's other girl comics but there's not many that are much better.

And it doesn't disregard the source material and how the fuck did you get the idea everyone has the same hair?

The old Jem also kinda ended after the Stingers arc .

It started?

>And it doesn't disregard the source material

Not saying that guy isn't an idiot, but it kinda does in ways....it's based on the source material but it's clearly not just a modern retelling of the same shit, it's it's own re-imagining of the world and characters and that's fine, that's what it was supposed to be....the original series still exists so you can watch it if you feel so inclined, but the point of reboots and reimaginings is never to just tell the exact same story over again

Roxy should have been hotter and cooler though, as the hottest and coolest girl from the original show

Didn't last that long eh?

little over 2 years. aint that bad for a shitty 80's nostalgia bait

Nothing lasts long with Kelly Thompson writing it.

Yeah A-force was cancelled as well and her writing on Power Rangers Pink was special is a word. That Black Pink combo was so try hard.

When someone pointed out her writing flaws a while back she flipped out and called them and anyone who critiqued her a bunch of haters and shit. Stay classy Kelly.

You have a link, I'm not asking for proof I just like seeing creators freak out about critics.

what did she move on to draw after gem? haven't been keeping up with her work like I should have

This is depressing on so mamy levels.

Kelly better not be bullshitting.

If Jem disappears from even comic book publishing there is no hope left.

Is thos the only way to keep Jem comics going? Putting them in crossovers they have no place being? What's next? Synergy uploading herself into Cybertron? The Misfits ruining everything in Ponyville and gettinh thrown in a Canterlot dungeon?

God this art triggers me. So close to being good but it's just meh.

>Jen Bartel's soulless husks

How does she manage to be so good at drawing fashionable mannequins

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

>THE BAGELLLLLSSSSSS

I wasn't aware it even started

seriously who the fuck was asking for Gem?

Quite a number of people actually.
>G

Any IDW property that isn't Transformers never does well.

>what is My Little Pony
>what is G.I. Joe

Instead of a movie they should have invested in a new series and toyline

In fact, while I've come to love the Equestria Girls brand, it was obviously started to compete with similar doll lines....and I always thought, why not just bring back Jem? I guess EQG makes more sense in one way since MLP is still a big money maker and brand recognition alone matters a lot, but I think they could have made something work

I wish I liked the current artist but I hate their work so much.

>this thread

>this board

>hurp durp i hate media that features girls and any guy who likes such things is gay!

go back to /fit/,MGTOW vlogs, and dbz threads, permavirg

>go back to places I hate but know perfectly
Hmmmm...

>girls
>guy
I thought you tumblrinas hated genderisation or whatever you call it?

It's on her tumblr not too far back either

You know there's a way creators can avoid that kind of criticism. It's called creating something new.

Oh, but then they can't ride off the popularity of the original.

>you

Well it wouldn't be the first time Jem's technically existed in the same continuity as G.I. Joe and Transformers...

So Sup Forums hates the book because many characters have 80s hair?

>80s hair
>fat character
>LGBT characters
>"forced" drama
There's a list of bullshit reasons people will shout about why they think the book sucks, because they need to feel superior to someone.

>you know of concentration camps? MUST BE A NAZI!!!

Except Jem's characters are so good you will never create anything better.

Maybe a animated series more closely tied to the comic.

Could just do a Planetary and only reference the wider shared universe outside a few one-off issues. Either that or go multiverse.

And nothing of value was lost.

Says you

Are you saying that wouldn't be awesome?

It could be user but I'm not sure what properties would it crossover well with. DC is doing that with HB but it was already a sort of connected setting.

they look like cats