Was Temple of Doom really the worst Indy film? Was she really the worst girl?

Was Temple of Doom really the worst Indy film? Was she really the worst girl?

it's worse than 1 or 3
it's better than 4
she's the worst girl unless you're into tsundere

well what do you think?

No, I'm into tsundere and she's still shit.

It's the ultimate pleb filter to be honest.

Marion was a badass in Raiders, this bitch whined and screamed for 2 hours. Yes, she was the worst, and Temple is the 2nd worst. Crystal skull is the worst.

1 and 3 had a lot of cool battle scenes, fighting against armies, as well as a sense of awe and wonder.
Temple of doom is inferior to em considering that, but it's still a great film in my book.

It's the worst out of the trilogy, but not a bad movie by any means.

Its just different because it’s an homage to the adventure serials where they would fight spooky death cults instead of dastardly businessmen and nazis.

yeah okay buddy and Red Tails was just misunderstood

>Best interpretation of Indy, it's basically how he went from being a simple fortune seeker to something a bit more noble
>Buffest Indy by far, I mean, goddamn he was a handsome man
>Bloodiest Indy film, sparked the creation of an entirely new film rating
>Best take on the pulp comic source materials; exotic location, weird ass foreign customs, racist as fuck interpretations of characters
>Worst girl by fucking far, she's intolerable

3 sucks dick.

Doom was quintessential Indy.

let's be honest the only real good movie of the bunch is 1, the rest don't matter
george lucas is such a shitlord it's amazing we ever had expectations for the prequels

its a homage to gunga din

Only Raiders is good. It's the only one that's consistent in tone. Temple and Crusade are all over the place in comparison with dedicated comic relief (probably a telltale sign of letting Lucas weigh in).

Marion > Elsa > Willie

1>2>3

Last Crusades is just a lame rehash of Raiders. It's entertaining, but it's the Return of the Jedi of the trilogy.

Raiders > Doom > Last Crusade > Crystal Skulls

>Indy literally holds her at gunpoint and kidnaps her
>People wonder why she complains about being dragged on an adventure

According to whom? Temple is my favorite and I like the little Asian dude.

It's my favorite Indy, and I would say the definitive one. Has a lot of good traps, exotic locations, and gets rid of the Nazis which is a tired and overused villain much like zombies.
The opening Peru scene of Raiders probably the best single moment in the franchise, but Temple of Doom is like that expanded into an entire movie.

>rated PG
Holy fuck, the MPAA was much more lenient back then. I bet since it was Spielberg he could have squeezed in a couple F-bombs in there if he really wanted to.

If I'm not mistaken, this was before PG-13, and also one of the reasons that rating was conceived.

ToD seemed to be going off the Bond movie format, quips with adventure.

ToD is better than a lot of movies these days, but is objectively the worst movie from the original trilogy.

That rating ruined movies

>tfw my mother didn't let me watch jurassic park until I was 13

>Has a lot of good traps
It does?

Literally why or when would Spielbergstein add a f-word to any of his films?

She is the worst girl though, although ironically Doom has the best romantic arc despite that. Marion is best girl no contest, Elsa was a great femme fatale.

>the MPAA was much more lenient back then
More with violence and mild nudity than with language. F-bombs would have been a ticket straight to R.

Yep. Temple of Doom and Gremlins (which opened like two weeks apart, IIRC) were the two films which prompted the MPAA to introduce PG-13 (at Spielberg's suggestion).

It really did.

The problem is the tendency to neuter movies that really should be R into PG-13.

>The problem is the tendency to neuter movies that really should be R into PG-13
>should be R
Like?

Ghost in the Shell is a prominent recent example.

Laughing skully was worse

Temple of doom is my favorite by far

It was a literal rollercoaster ride from start to finish

The mine cart chase scene is forever engraved into my mind

What fun

>anime
Who cares

I'm talking the live action.

And it's far from the only example. Of the top of my head, the two most recent Terminator movies (Genisys and Salvation) suffered in part from having been made to conform to PG-13 standards.

Also, Han no longer shooting first is the result of PG-13 now existing and Lucas not wanting to lose his PG rating for the SE. PG-13 is a menace.

>racist
There's nothing racist about it you oversensitive cunt.

If not for Shia being in the Crystal skull I would have liked it, he's got a punchable and annoying face/attitude so I couldn't enjoy it.

The opinions of a 90s born queer mean less than nothing.

I haven't seen 4, but I'll say 3 > 1 > 2 >>>>> 4.

I still like Willie more than Marian though.

Temple of doom is the best of the lot.

IF BY WORST YOU MEAN BEST, YEAH OP, IT IS