Why do people hate him again?

Why do people hate him again?

new52, before watchem, medicre rebirth.

Just fucking look at him

He looks like a shit

but what about Phantom Stranger?

Same reason fans always turn on great creative talent: the time comes when the talent well runs dry and they put out stuff that makes you feel like you were robbed for buying it.

new52, wanting to kill Nightwing for infinite crisis, Countdown

that's about it

Beast Machines.
Fuck you, Dan.

Stephfags

They don't.
The majority of the world population don't even know who he is. They don't know he exist.
A tiny little sliver of comic readers in the english speaking world may know of him, and our that tiny sliver some may disagree with his choices. And some, a few, childish people even muster up the energy to hate.

He has good taste in books, but poor opinions on legacies.

I for one, am waiting with baited breath on the day that we have three speedsters legitimately calling themselves The Flash running around at the same time.

And I mean for more than a year when Wally was ignored.

Killing Dick could have worked, Think of the shock value. That would have been a must-own book. Plus they weren't doing anything with Mr. NotRobin. And it's not as if the Batfamily can't spare a few sidekicks. Hell, if the fans freaked out too much they could have brought him back as a Talon...
Or there's how the story would have worked smoother without the whole unmasking of Bruce Wayne's ward right in the middle of the action...

One or the other, stick to your guns or don't reach for your holster.
This half-assed effort where Dick gets outed worldwide and then becomes the crap version of a secret agent man that Batman doesn't know about until it's time to bring back the status quo again was just vile.

I have no opinion on if Dick died or not

Just saying that's a reason why people hate him

Everybody and their nanny knew his identity being exposed deal wouldn't last. And Grayson was a great book.

And I'm saying I hate that he stepped right up to the edge but couldn't take the leap.
I'm serious: if you can't commit to the story all the way don't ruin the possibility of the story ever being told right by telling a half-assed version.
If the idea is worth putting to page it's just an asshole move to not carry through with it all the way to the consequences.
Can you imagine how much TheKillingJoke would have sucked if Barb was up and about, uninjured in the next Batman issue?

>Can you imagine how much TheKillingJoke would have sucked if Barb was up and about, uninjured in the next Batman issue?

The Killing Joke wasn't meant to be canon originally. And Babs hadn't really been used in years at that point. The reason they wanted to kill Dick was that they (correctly, btw) saw him as entirely redundant. Even the people who read Nightwing would say it was kinda superfluous book you read out of habit, rather than passion. They wanted to replace Dick with Jason as a shake up, but rethought that strategy when it became clear Dick had an unusually high fanbase that wasn't being tapped properly.

Being a pigheaded to a point of "well I'm not going reconsider shit, ever" is stupid in a creative enterprise.

I'm confused, you do know the Spiral arc and the proposed killing issue of Dick are like 10 years apart right?

And they actually killed of Kon-El instead of Dick in IC because Johns suggested it

I guess I'm not completely understanding what you want

I get that, I do. I've seen my share of Crisis events.
But did they really need to immediately undermine the emotional content of what they had just written?
All they accomplished was to strip away any expectation of future significance to any "major" DC event.
These days even alt-U characters created just to be killed off are resurrected to fill the ranks of inconsequentiality.

Is he the one who came up with that retarded Judas origin? If so he's dead to me.

I dunno, he and the rest of DC's writing crew have been bulking up lately.

How new are you? Anyone who reads comic ought to know by heart and relish the fact that bothing is permanent except the classic status quo. If this is a real issue to you, why are you even reading capeshit?

>TFW the normal day at the DC office is literally "Come on, bro. You and me: A lift off!"

The ask is for integrity. No cutting corners. No half-measures.

You're mistaking IC with Forever Evil, Dick was supposed to die instead of Superboy (but was saved, ironically enough, because he was less popular at the time)

>Geoff referees them while munching on a bowl of cereal

that really didn't answer my question at all

They thing about IC is that Dick had a major role and his death was hinted at multiple times so when Kon died it felt off

Dick's popularity was really suffering so they didn't keep him because of his "high" fanbase.

Because he makes the manlets jealous.

nu52, the whole thing with Stephanie Brown... lots of bad ideas attributed to his editorial mandates, keeping Berganza around and driving away alot of the talent?

telling pope to fuck off with his kamandi pitch and write scooby doo

>finally get your dream position writing for DC
>asked to turn up to meet with your editor at 9 AM
>turn up
>your editor isn't there, Jim Lee is
>"We noticed you didn't turn up at 7AM for the daily pre-working workout user, so I've canceled your meeting and scheduled you in for an emergency lifting session with Geoff"
>spend the next three hours trying pitifully to work out at Geoff Johns watches you silent while eating a bowl of cereal
>doesn't say anything but later you hear him asking Jim if you've signed the contract yet
>go home dejected
>5 minutes after you arrive there's a knock at the door
>it's Scott Snyder
>he calls your first day a crisis and puts you an emergency fitness regime, the same one he makes his children go through
>after 3 days with poor progress you're called to an executive meeting
>"This just isn't working out user, a bit like you haha. We tried to contact Grant to see if he could cast some muscle magic on you but he's too busy immersed in dominatrix sessions on peyote in prep for writing the next WWEO book"
>they all flex you goodbye as you pack up your desk
>"Maybe you can still get a job with Marvel"

Anyone got the DC Chads picture saved? Apparently desuarchive deleted all images again.

Steph is shit and her tiny fanbase not worth appeasing

DC haters aren't people.

Doesn't make the circumstances of her death any less terrible.

When even the guy writing it isn't pleased with it, you know you're doing something stupid.

>driving away a lot of the talent
You mean all those hacks who are running Marvel to the ground?

This one?

Doing so ran DC into the ground so bad they were about to default into just reprinting.

Yeah, losing Waid and Loeb almost killed them.

>they all flex you goodbye
Fucking lost it at this.

He destroyed decades of continuity for a quick buck.

rebirth is johns
also after watchmen will be far worse than before watchmen

Hit the gym sometime, fatso.

>We tried to contact Grant to see if he could cast some muscle magic on you but he's too busy immersed in dominatrix sessions on peyote in prep for writing the next WWEO book
I always lose at this line

DiDio has done a lot of shitty stuff over the years.

People still love or at least tolerate him because at least he's willing to admit fault

But also a lot of good stuff.