Shhh!

Shhh!
This is a library!

I feel like even "anicent" books in the starwars universe would be digital. And any books that are old enough to be paper would have deteriorated centuries ago. Also not just using a Jedi holocron was a waste of potential.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Books are just baby trees

>only 7 books

Yeah. They've had holocrons for thousands of years. Disney was a mistake.

considering Luke is living on an Island with a climate akin to bongland, time probably hasn't been kind to those books. the moisture alone has probably eroded them

I'm sure he can just use Force: Dehumidify

the force preserved them

there

Rey can teach him how.

honestly fine with the books, it's a pretty cool idea, what I'm not cool with is the battle of hoth again (you could argue geonosis did it already but even so that would make it a third time which is even worse)

Faggotry.

GET STAR WARS OFF MY BOARD IT MAKES ME VERY UPSET

>honestly fine with the books, it's a pretty cool idea
Explain yourself.

>deteriorated centuries ago
Paper lasts longer than any form of digital storage.

Holocrons make more sense but I'm fine with a hermit away from technology having written some books, but I'm not fine with these being the first books chillin in a tree for all time.

I hope this is a joke. Paper won't last 5 hours in the rain

Neither will electronics, retard. Properly preserved paper lasts millennia, because it doesn't oxidize or otherwise degrade. Meanwhile, modern flash storage leaks electrons within years.

Why wouldnt luke just record a hologram? This is retarded. Even by disney standards.

Except those book are in a fucking tree and jedi/ sith have had holocrons that dont deteriorate for thousands of years.

IT'S A FUCKING FORCE TREE

Yeah and that paper doesn't appear to be properly preserved. It's just sitting in a tree exposed to the elements.

Don't call someone else a retard with a strawman. Datacrons aren't even your standard modern day electronics. They are organic structures. At any rate the problem here is a bunch of books (in star wars) sitting in a tree, not a datacron sitting in some weatherproof vault or something.

>Except those book are in a fucking tree
Just put some hydrophobic midichlorians around them - problem solved.

Maybe they're not his books, I mean Yoda would probably write books on Dagobah before using a holocron especially after he went a little nuts but Luke knowing how to write? I don't think he had his pen license and 50,000 year old books is just silly.

I would laugh if they address it in the movie with magic force bark paper from the sacred tree.

Kill yourself

hahaha

I never understand the issue rose tinted fags have with midichlorians

Feel free to debate me on the topic.

I find your lack of understanding disturbing.

Given there's essentially 0 technological difference between "current day long ago" and 4000 years before that in the Old Republic days, paper would have disintegrated tens of thousands of years earlier. Depending on how seriously the early force users' dates-ish were, the days of paper were long over before the earliest people started using the force.

I would like to discuss Luke's outfit for a moment. It's like he's wearing one of those thermal hoodies you could find at a Macy's, then some ratty old leather jacket/robe hybrid over it. What the fuck are we going for here? It reminds me of some shit on deviantart where someone tries to either blend two styles and does so poorly. Like what if a hermit monk in a futuristic sci-fi setting shopped at JC Penney?

I don't see the problem with books. I do however see the problem with a Cain and Abel story where women are the good people and men are evil

My problem at the time of the PT being released was that the Jedi just seemed like space wizards in the OT. They wield unexplainable magic, and midichlorians, as well as being an awful sounding name, seemed like an attempt to explain a wizard's power rather than it being some unknowable force chosen by fate.

Enlighten me, I'm looking forward to this but I've been having huge doubts since someone talked about a force tree and Hamill's comments on his characters direction. What do you know avvey?

I disagree that midichlorians sounds awful. It sounds like mini and it sounds like chlorophyll which brings to mind some kind of very small energy producing structure.

I don't see how adding midicholorians makes the Jedi seem less like wizards. The way the midichlorians work is also never explained. This would be like saying the "mana" in an rpg game makes "magic" seem less magical.

It's because of the force m8. There fixed it.

Are you brainless?

do you nigga need to be reminded that theres a nun species on this island that routinley transvribed the ancient texts every 300 years or so

Dumb cunts should have got a holocron and saved the bother.

I think it's too do with them being able to use technology to quantify a jedis potential power. That just feels so much less mystical. And they actually give midichlorians a biological aspect do they not?

you need to be a force user to use holocrons though

What are these nun cunts good for if they cant even use the force at all?

they upkeep the island. i dont fucking know i havent seen the movie i was speculating

>I was talking shit.

Mowing lukes lawn? Feeding the porgs?