Was she a replicant or a clone...

Was she a replicant or a clone? The only war i can think that she could have gotten pregnant and given birth after being inseminated by a human is if she was 100% biologically human herself and had the exact same genome as a human, do that her eggs are compatible with human sperm.

I think its safe to assume there are replicants who look like one another.

Also, I just saw this gem at Laser projector IMAX, and it was fucking amazing.

I first saw the movie in a regular theater, and it was way too fucking dark, lots of crushed blacks.

The IMAX presentation was flawless, amazing. So fucking good looking, highly recommend checking one out.

$25 ticket price also keeps the niggers, and spics out. The theater was half full, and not a single fucking person snickered, made a noise, or laughed, or sighed. No clapping at the end too.

Well worth the price.

*only way

She's got a serial number engraved in her pelvis so she's a replicant

She was canonically a replicant.

Replicants ARE biologically human (they're not bio-mechanical), just manufactured as complete adults from engineered component parts, rather than grown from single embryos. They are normally sterile, though (which was originally supposed to be a feature, rather than a flaw, just like the limited lifespan).

But I don't think we are supposed to understand how she became pregnant. Even Wallace, genius that he is, can't figure it out without access to the child. Sapper Morton refers to it as a "miracle" for a reason.

she was raped

indiana needs to die

Is making sperm cells and fertilizing an egg with them really that hard? I reckon we could do something similar with today's technology.

>just got back
>indians and spics snoring or talking

Fucking annoying shit. There were no IMAX options near me unfortunately.

KILL your self

>go see BR 2049 at a Harkins
>sit next to chinks that pull a 3 course meal out of a purse and eat for 3 hours
Wish I had an IMAX near me, small theater really took away from the experience.

I assume the difficulty is in creating functional ovaries/testes which generate eggs/sperm without genetic anomalies that would lead to non-viable embyros. As we see, even in the one instance where a successful pregnancy did occur, the mother died in childbirth because her pelvic opening was too small for the baby to pass, and the child had compromised immune system due to a genetic disorder.

Up until Wallace decided he wasn't satisfied with the rate of production, I doubt anyone wanted to breed them. Sterile replicants are mostly a plus.

The bigger question for me is how Tyrell Corp. solved the lifespan limitations between the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 8. As of November 2019, it's an inherent limitation for all current replicants, but by sometime in 2020 (when Morton, a Nexus 8, was in the military), it's not. And this with Tyrell himself, and J.F. Sebastian, his leading genetic engineer, both dead.

they are like a mule. cant reproduce, but can be made easily.

She's a Nexus 7. So human even they think they're human. A working reproductive system is seemingly one of the improvements in that model. I'm guessing because of the Frankenstein fashion in which they're cobbled together, a functional reproductive system just wasn't viable for some reason. Until the 7. If Deckard is a Replicant, he must be a 7 too.

After Tyrell died, the secret of the 7's was lost, and Wallace can't figure out what he did.

I'm not convinced the immune system problem was real, and not a lie to hide the child more effectively. She had no problems living in that filthy factory for a few years.

Also wasn't the Nexus 8 line Wallace, who solved the longevity issue?

She's also the only Nexus 7 we know of, but if they hadn't solved the lifespan issue yet for them (and we are seemingly meant to believe they hadn't, theatrical version "happy ending" aside), then it seems unlikely that they'd deliberately made them capable of reproduction. Wallace seems to assume it was deliberate, but he could be wrong about that.

>I'm not convinced the immune system problem was real, and not a lie to hide the child more effectively.
I'm not 100% either, but I meant that if we take it as face value.

>She had no problems living in that filthy factory for a few years.
The problem supposedly didn't manifest until she was 8.

>Also wasn't the Nexus 8 line Wallace
No. Nexus 8 was the last generation of Tyrell Corp. replicants, before the blackout of 2022. Replicants were banned outright in 2026 (they were already banned on Earth before 2019). Wallace didn't get the ban reversed until 2036. What he solved wasn't the longevity problem, but the obedience problem.

>longevity issue
it wasn't a design flaw, it was another failsafe

It was both. It's a limitation that they chose to use as a feature.

Tyrell explains to Roy Batty in great detail how they've tried to solve it, to no avail (as of November 2019).

fuckin kek, this is some kind of pasta, right?

My Imax is at a Harkins in a mall. EVERY time I see something on one of the non-imax screens there, somebody always has a loud ass conversation with the movie characters, and they usher doesn't do shit, because minimum wage isn't worth dying. But the Imax there is GREAT, never anything like that.

Deckard, an experienced blade runner, not knowing about the 4 year lifespan until his chief briefs him at the beginning of original, implied only this newest line had that. Unless Deckard was born yesterday and only THINKS he is experienced, I guess.

She was a braplicant made only for brapping purposes.

I could've sworn Tyrell specifically talks about how extending a set lifespan isn't viable and doesn't really touch on the issue of building one from scratch, but it's been a while.

How could she be deceived into thinking she had a life-threatening immune disorder?

You could routinely poison her to make her sick, then get a doctor to lie to her about the diagnosis, but poisoning her would be a threat to her fertility.

He was obviously lying, as Rachael had an unlimited lifespan.

He was probably telling the truth to Roy about -his- model. It probably was infeasible to change the lifespan of a replicant that was already assembled.

I figured he meant cause Roy is super strong he probably had a ridiculously fast metabolism and thus naturally burnt out much faster."

If only Ridley Scott had been inseminated, and then had given birth to, something other than one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy replicant and his pals from Los Angeles as they track down assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make technology untechnological, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Ridley vetoed the idea of Deckard being human; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his films. The Blade Runner series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Star Trek series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the original was good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the story was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Deckard went for to "investigate", the character instead became a farcical parody of a detective, equipped in some versions with his own gloomy inner monologue.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time a phrase was repeated, to remind the audience of what was happening. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Villeneuve's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Blade Runner by the same George Lucas. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Blade Runner at 21 or 22, then when they get older they will go on to watch Star Wars." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Blade Runner" you are, in fact, trained to watch Star Wars.