ITT: We name our no.1 favourite movies and absolutely shit on each other's taste

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Sa_y4bwa2w
youtube.com/watch?v=-s-e799o37w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>oooh wow rorschach
>UNITINU
>OBABO

pic related is the best

I so wanted to love The Master. I put it in that category with The Counselor and Gangs of New York of movies I desperately wanted to love but are missing...something. Otherwise, my favorite film is Legends of the Fall. Pic related. I cry every time I watch it.

The Master is PTA's attempt at outing poseurs by making something utterly disjointed that vaguely resembles a narrative feature just enough that it confuses them into praising it out of fear for being labelled a pleb.

An intentionally terrible movie carefully emulating a masterpiece. A true work of genius. Why do you think the plot of the film involves a cult leader who feigns insight and brilliance but is secretly full of shit? It's a metaphor for the film itself.

tl;dr if you think The Master is actually good you're a "pleb"

>no.1 favourite
No such thing. But I can name a random worthwhile film:
Loves Of A Blonde.

Be gentle misseur

stale

>Rush
literally never talked about here

I haven't even watched any of these films
Meme
>Too much of a pussy to even name his favourite film
Dropped

>I haven't even watched any of these films
That's your problem, not anyone else's.

>Having an all time favorite bestie no. 1 film
Welcome to pleb city

>I haven't even watched any of these films
You really should m8.

I can't speak for the others but I am planning on watching Birth of a Nation, I'm working my way there because 3 hours of a 1915 silent film is probably too much atm tbqhfwyfamalam

Game of thrones

Bump

The only movie that can make me cry everytime I watch it

knight of cups

>imagine being this pleb

more like legends of the falling to sleep

imagine actaully being this person

Can't pick one:

The Fountain
Inglourious Basterds
This Is England
Shutter Island
There Will Be Blood

there was something off about this movie
it's really good, but I just don't know, it's kind of structured weird and not in a good way

My view on the Master:
>acting 15/10
>setting 10/10
>atmosphere 10/10
>story 3/10

TWBB is the only non-pleb film m8.

I may not be happy with my life but I'm at least satisfied with my favorite film.

Can you say the same?
probably

Interstellar is my favourite movie too. So many contrarians on this sub seem to have it because it's popular.

Really? Judging by this board, I figured that would be the most hated. Where's your list user?

People who didnt like Interstellar either didnt understand the science, or are incapable or registering, or understanding basic human emotions (89% of Sup Forums).

Predator

fite me

>Wild Strawberries
>Citizen Kane
>Playtime
>The Seventh Seal
>2001: A Space Odyssey
>Apocalypse Now
>Mulholland Dr
>Stalker
>Intolerance
>Taxi Driver
>Blue Velvet
>Blade Runner
>Fanny and Alexander
>There Will Be Blood
Not in any particular order.

prince vince pls

Sven?

No I eight him

Fair, plenty of those I've yet to see. I love Mulholland Drive though. Didn't like Taxi Driver though. Probably needs another watch but I just found it really dated and hated that sax playing all the way through. Very different film obviously, but I prefer Raging Bull

terrible list

go on Sup Forums for a week, and then feel your list is too entry-level american shit. so you bloat it with the most accessible foreign director of all time to seem "cultured".

back to the drawing boards

You're up next desu

I'm not American and it's what I like. What's your list user?

Yes I'm a Sven actually. I also like Roy Andersson, but he's not that well know outside Scandinavia.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Sa_y4bwa2w

This is another nice scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=-s-e799o37w

>Raging Bull
Also a very good film.

(you)

based

/reddit/

Recent: Nice guys
Classic: big Lebowski
Pretentious: the mirror

That's a chick flick user. Shame on you.

Watched it 4 times and I am thoroughly burnt out. It's pretty shitty once you get past the initial "wow" factor. Typical Nolan trash.

>pretentious
>the mirror
how? because its slow?

what wow factor, there is none in that movie

This movie covers three quarters of life in my opinion. Just beautiful.

You realize just because a couple Sup Forums posters don't like it doesn't mean I'm gonna enjoy it any less, right?

>straight story
>straight
wtf?! its 2017 , disney is better than this !!

>thread is about shitting on other peoples favorite movie
>s-stop making fun of my movie !
its a trash movie for plebs and you enjoying it doesn't change that

Unequivocally kino

The Remains of the Day

It moves at a good clip. The wormhole is great. Mountains. No time for caution. There are plenty of exciting moments.

The whole thing just falls apart upon careful inspection though.

I know what kind of thread it is.
I just don't know what you're trying to accomplish with what amounts to little more then name calling and generalizations.

If you're gonna criticize at least do it properly.

Always believe your own opinion in life user, you live for yourself; not for others.

This is a good choice, few movies can bring out pure innocent feels as this does.

Mine, it's objectively kubriks best too.

Who /folkhorror/ here?

Claiming a tarkovsky movie as your favorite at all is pretentious but I wouldn't expect Sup Forums of all places to understand that.

And the Mirror is actually fast paced.

Are any of you mean enough to hate Braindead ?

why don't I like this film? Am I a pleb?

It's because you are a pleb mate

And what version?

Been a long time since I saw it last, so I don't remember. I think if I'd watch it again I'd enjoy it a lot more since what I was expecting was for the Kurtz part to be the main crux of the movie and for there to be more to him but the journey to him and the character transformation on the way turned out to be the point so I think if I viewed the movie with that in mind now I could see the greatness of it better.

Is there a preferred version?

Dont take this personally, but the first time I watched Apocalpyse Now was in 1999. If you watched it 3 years ago for the first time, you might not find it "modern enough" to appreciate it, since even modern day commercials use superior technology in cinematography.

Yeah, the river being an allegory to the moral+psychological descent of man was certainly the point of the film, specifically Williard's self journey, with Kurtz essentially embodying the penultimate state of corruption of man.
Generally the original cut is preferred over the Redux due to the latter implementing scenes that draw the film out beyond 3 hours, with the French Plantation being a considerable point of contention. I saw the Redux first which is my favourite cut, but I prefer films that take time to marinate in their respective 'world'. The original is a lot leaner but I didn't feel like it gimped the narrative, so go ahead with that cut if you're keen on revisiting it.

I am big on pacing so that might be a better choice, yeah. Thanks.

Idk man, it's the least archaic and washed out 70's film I've witnessed on a visual standpoint. It has God-tier cinematography and a vivid enough colour palette to make it engaging enough for the modern filmgoer

No worries. Enjoy

Wasn't it based on a novel?

I can't help but laugh every time someone says "it feels like self parody". That ""critique"" itself is far more empty and parodic than any movie Malick had made.

You're thinking of Inherent Vice

this

freddy got fingered

If you hate this movie you hate fun

>miramax

GTFO NAZI

Punch-Drunk Love

Easily this, Nosferatu The Vampyre is a close second though

The protagonist hits too close to fucking home

You are so gay, wow

so your favorite PTA is his worst movie. Sup Forums, gentlemen...

Wasn't there that whole conspiracy that this was the MGSV of movies due to cut content? Mainly that cult/orgy sequence and that Kubrick mentioned "them" but had his studio burnt down with the finished/final cut?

I was in a thread like this a few days eariler and that faggot who put "The Haindmaiden" as his MOTY? Yeah, nah. Get fucked cunt.
>muh lesbians
>muh anal beads
>muh same director from Oldboy

Wew lad. You can do better sonny Jim

*yawns and rolls eyes in your general direction*

El asesinato de Jessie James por el cobarde de Robert Ford

what is PTA best movie?

I know how you feel

Do you guys look like Adam Sandler?

3 and 5 are both better movies

No. That's something I guess.

Tremors.

come at me

Kino of the highest degree, and very little people know about it

meme film you enjoy ironically. please get out of this ironic mindset it's ruining your life. just be genuine and sincere for a change.

>on this sub
masterful user

sublime taste