Did UMVC3 have a good selection of Marvel characters?

Did UMVC3 have a good selection of Marvel characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Taskmaster_Vol_2
generosity.com/fundraising/evo-2017-player-vote-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3
youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For the most part, yes. Shuma and Sentinel are wasted spaces that could've been used for better villains. Also it was dumb to put X-23 when Wolverine was already in. The rest of the cast is very well distributed and picked.

Capcom on the other hand...

Sentinel is based.

Yeah. There's a few who were unnecessary, but I think it was good. I would've liked Shuma, Sentinel, and Rocket gone in favor of some old returning favorites like Cyke, Rogue, and Venom. But that's just me.

The best.

It was pretty good, I especially appreciate how they resisted falling back on old staples of the franchise and had mostly newcomers. Albeit that's reportedly on the insistence of Marvel.

>sexualized women
>not a single black coloured person
>not a single homosexual
Yeah, no.

The team behind 2009's Bionic Commando really really wanted Spencer to be black, that do anything for you?

>Sentinel
>Gone
That was never gonna happen.

Sentinel is a waste but Shuma is god tier man.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was objectivley better in every way possible (besides graphicly)

MvCI won't have Sentinel.

>No Squirrel Girl
>No executing Super that has a swarm of squirrels attacking opponent
>No being able to use Super against Doctor Doom and relive a particular comic scene
They really screwed that one up, especially
>No chance of Doom being in the upcoming MVCI so if Squirrel Girl's in you still won't be able to relive her triumph over Doom

Shuma and Sentinel are particular in that they are not all that notable in comics or movies but very iconic in MVC, especially visually, which explains their inclusion

UMvC3's probably gonna win, but I'm still hoping for Pokken.

That game's balance was a mess, man.

>not a single back colored person
What you talking about, Storm is right fucking there

UMvC3 was never not gonna win, I was taken by surprise by Pokken's surge right off the gate, but it's ogre now.

Does Sup Forums seriously still not fucking get that the entire Marvel roster (except Shuma but Capcom had to fight for him) was chosen by them to promote upcoming MCU stuff and comics that were coming out then (Taskmater)?

Yes, but 2 was still better.

Capcom roster was lacking. Not enough Street Fighter characters.

What was coming for Taskmaster?

He had a solo comic out like I said.

Why do people act like this is news to anyone? It's crystal fucking clear what the intentions were, but it led to fun new characters that wouldn't otherwise make it in.

that wouldn't explain Sentinel.

Taskmaster has a solo comic?

Days of Future Past film

He had a 4-issue mini that ended before the game came out, he was in the game because he was posed to be the main villain in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

X-men is Fox and since they're a staple of MvC, had to include them including Sentinel because FUCK THE KNICKS.
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Taskmaster_Vol_2

One of the reasons why the whole stupid SJW movement got started...
Well, no, not really

Nova had been dead for nearly a year when UMvC3 came out, and there's still noovie plans for him

The original post did say "and comics", and Nova was pretty much put in to hype Sam Alexander (that was what his DLC costume was, but somehow Marvel was clever enough to know no one would be invested in a character they knew jack diddly squat about so they used Rich for it)

In a recent interview the game's director said Marvel was very very insistent of putting in Dick Rider, Sam's solo was about to be released at the time, maybe they just wanted to show people Novas are a thing that exists.

Sam is his alt costume, after all.

absolute fucking garbage roster

Shuma was literally DLC because Capcom Japan kept bugging Marvel to let them include him.
Sentinel is because of how popular he was in MVC2.

I'm fairly happy with the Marvel side, I probably would have taken out Sentinel for someone else, but I loved the newcomers like She-Hulk, Super Skrull, Nova, Dr. Strange and Dormammu.
Capcom was shit though. I blame a lot in the visual style of Marvel 3. The models themselves looked good, but it was way too dark with the inking effect. I wanted bright and colourful 90s arcade feel like the old mvc and like TvC.

>taken out Sentinel
Leave.
Sent-tin-NAL is a veteran.

Could I interest you in a washed out, mobile game looking affair with piss awful MCU-inspired designs instead?

No

>Mega Man (Classic, X, or other)
>Cyclops
>Ant-Man
>Vile or Sigma

It was pretty lame for me

Yes, I especially love how it gave some exposure to more obscure characters. Really hope the next game does that as well. Sadly, we all know it'll be MCU based, so that dream is out the window.

This

It didn't help that MvC 3 was released around the time Capcom started treating Mega Man like trash because Con Man left.

Looks like the Hickman's Avengers design with some altered colors.

>Capcom on the other hand...
>Ghosts n Goblins
>DMC
>more RE
>Viewtiful Joe
>Amaterasu
>Spencer from BC
>Phoenix Wright
>motherfucking Haggar
Megamanchild pls

Go see a eye doctor since you missed Storm

generosity.com/fundraising/evo-2017-player-vote-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3

>white hair
Not a nigger

Removing Mega Man was like removing Spider-Man and if you're only really into Spider-Man then it'd be hard to care about X-23 or Taskmaster.

Like going to a sandwich shop and asking for roast beef and then finding out they don't have it but they do have ham and salami so it's okay right? But it's not because you're here for roast beef.

I don't know man does the carpet match the drapes?

>No Cyclops
>No Fantastic Four (don't even try saying "they had similar characters already" when you have Hulk and She-Hulk, Wolverine and X-23)
>No Megaman
>No Spider-Man villain
>No Thor villian
>Hank Pym is a fucking arrow attack
>Cosmic Marvel limited to Nova and fucking Rocket Racoon
>No Agents of Atlas
>Four X-men, and the four we got were rather weak characters
>No Daredevil

The roster was fucking weak and everyone knows it.

All those compalins are shitty as hell. Thanks God you don't work for Capcom. The only decent compalins there are no Richards and Venom.

>Why didn't MY characters get in?

>Not having all the Fantastic Four
Holy shit kill yourself. Ben would be stupidly fun to play with.

Except this restaurant hasn't had roast beef for years and yet people still show up everyday to ask where the beef at.

>No Fantastic Four (don't even try saying "they had similar characters already" when you have Hulk and She-Hulk, Wolverine and X-23)

Who gives a shit about the F4 ?
Doom is the only one that matters anyway

Yeah! He would've punched really hard, like the Hulk! And... And...

Capcom Sentinel is great because he's basically an OC. He has very little to do with the comic Sentinel, rather he's just Capcom's artists doing their trademark awesome transforming robot stuff, the same sort of stuff they did in Cyberbots, or with Huitzil in Darkstalkers. In fact, CoTA Sentinel is even sprited in a similar way to Huitzil or a Cyberbots mech, being made of lots of separate parts.

>weak Hulk
No thanks.

>Was the cornerstone of the Marvel Universe
>Several acclaimed runs
>Longest running Stan and Jack collaboration
>First superhero team with a family dynamic.

He's a rare example of a bruiser that knows how to fight. The fact he's really good at boxing and wrestling shows up from time to time when the writers remember, so you'd have him throwing combination punches and wrestling moves. His best stories are about him taking a beating and continue to fight from the Champion to his solo fights with Dr. Doom, so you could do something with that, maybe a special that gives him limited super armor as a Clobberin' Time bonus or a some sort of counter move.

There are ways to make him distinct. Fighting games have been making variations on "big strong guy" for a longggg time.

Wouldn't that be She-Hulk though? Or Haggar? Or Nemesis?

Hopefully, like SFV, they really clean up the visuals as the game is developed. Because right now all the colors look washed out and the models look bland.

Morrigan looks better washed out though, because her original sprite had really muted colors. The MvC3 model was way too saturated.

Haggar plays like a wrestler, Nemesis has tentacles and a rocket launcher and She-Hulk has a slimer hurtbox and plays nothing like Hulk.

might as well post

>Plays like a wrestler

Make Ben play like a bigger, slower Haggar with more range on his attacks and a focus on slowly cornering an opponent rather than Haggar's semi-rushdown.

>Nemesis has tentacles and a rocket launcher

Holy shit, he has a projectile and a command grab!

>She-Hulk plays nothing like Hulk

When she's literally just him but smaller. Which proves my point. You can have characters that are very similar but play very differently. The Thing has never fought like The Hulk in the comics. Why would he in a video game?

>no hunter in Rath armor

>starlord over groot and drax
>nero
>captain commando
>apollo
>gen
>the bionic commando guy
>gwenpool
>songbird
no way

I want KI to win

She-Hulk doesn't fight like Hulk at all and the only thing Ben does while fighting is punching and screaming globering time.

>Gwenpool and Ghost Driver
>Recent characters that can barely sell a comic book
Stop this, might as well throw in Mosaic.

Me too, user. I'm very tired of watching MvC3 after all these years. KI looks really ugly but I think it's really hype to watch.

>groot and drax
no way

>Shulkie doesn't fight like Hulk at all

She literally just punches things and throws things and screams non sequiturs like 99 percent of comic book bricks.

Bionic Commando was confirmed by the nigga that leaked the game.

Will he look Rad or ambiguously black and with a wife-arm?

Rearmed look apparently

The way she punches is different because she isn't driven by rage and has less strenght.

Do people even know about Bionic Commando nowadays?

But they were serving roast beef that same year. Then one day you walk in to see them pretend they never ever had roast beef.

Protoman would make Infinite a day one buy for me. Way better than to add in Roll, again.

They removed Megaman, but they also included Phoenix Wright, so I can forgive them.

>had to include them including Sentinel because FUCK THE KNICKS
I feel like I'm missing a joke here

>I feel like I'm missing a joke here
youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Fuck, I hate those modern redesigns. I hate the movies.

I hope that they recognize that Pokken still has a community, though, even if it's a bit more niche.

I'm surprised that for a game with no actual community yet, ARMS got as high as it did. I wonder if it was supposed to be a joke.

X-23 and Wolverine don't really play similarly.