Well... Some old book publisher must've thrown a bitchfit

comicsbeat.com/bombshell-graphic-novels-no-longer-worthy-of-a-ny-times-bestseller-list-rumor/

B-but how shall we know what comics are good?

Batman: The Widening Gyre by Kevin Smith was a New York Times bestseller.

It has never been a yardstick for quality.

>doubting NYT
Oh you plebeian.

>Recently, John Lewis’ biographical comic March won four awards from the American Library Association and topped the Amazon Bestseller List as well
I wonder who is behind this blow to the American comic?

>I wonder who is behind this blow to the American comic?

1984 is back to being a best seller because of Donald Trump.

He hasn't bragged about it yet so I think it's something else.

So now we only have bookscan reports to go on? Pretty shitty

I bet the Ike is behind this.

Odds at comic publisher to start they own type of NYT Best-Seller list?

Is that list that important anyway? I mean, do people from other states care about it?

We already have diamond's regular lists, comixology's brokeass list, and the Eisners for whatever indie stuff a few thousand critics bothered to read.

There's already diamond reports and they only release those so retailers can base shit off of it. No use in releasing other sales info or else they'd probably release how much digital sales are.

Diamond also doesn't include bookstore sales

Is the existence of the list important?

As if selling well is a measure of anything good.

The thing bugging me is the unannounced and unexplained disappearance of it.

Yes because it's meant for LCSes so retailers can guesstimate their own order and having bookstore sales in diamond wouldn't help that all

Who cares.

Is this the first time you've heard of that list?

As if the memelord dolts buying it won't miss the point of the book.

take that misogynerds

The end of the year reports are more useful than the month to month ones, but yeah. It's good to have data.

bestseller lists aren't what's good, they're what people are buying a lot of that week/month/whatever

if nobody's buying much of anything, you can get into the lists simply by selling a few thousand copies through the right retailers (the ones whose sales are actually counted to make the lists)

the lists could not be more arbitrary unless they were simply whatever Rich Johnston plucked out of his toilet after a particularly troublesome shit

the biggest-selling US comics have circulations so low that if they were offered for sale through newsstands or drugstores or wherever, they'd be turned down by the retailers/distributors as unprofitable

according to Diamond, most trades sell a couple of thousand copies a month; you'd almost never see a comic book trade on a bestseller list anyway, and floppies are periodicals in ongoing series, so they wouldn't be counted to start with

non-story

>according to Diamond, most trades sell a couple of thousand copies a month;

Yeah but Diamond's lists are comic shops

Diamond doesn't include Amazon, Scholastic or B&N

These are the same types of people who make the Oscars a joke for animation.