What the fuck did I just read, Sup Forums?

What the fuck did I just read, Sup Forums?

A great comic book.

Comic KINO

BACK WHEN I WAS OLD

You just read how the justice league movie should have been done.

Frank Miller, in a post-9/11 tizzy, regurgitates every idea he had for the Justice League characters and slaps it together into one story.

Also digital coloring was a new thing at the time and Lynn Varley overdid stuff in a few pages.

The worst Batman comic, no matter what Sup Forumsntrarians try to tell you.

trash

The mind of a man rotting that just learned how to do photoshop backgrounds

A fantastic 80s fever dream of heroism

>look at this pleb opinion

read more comics kids

All Stars are worst, the "Goddam mamay" make faggots think that it is cool, but is just batman whining about random shit and the prose is cancer tier

shit

not even good funny shit like asbar

just shit

The one true portrayal of Robin in existence.
How I enjoyed to see him burn.

>The worst Batman comic, no matter what Sup Forumsntrarians try to tell you.

Having read a lot of batman comics, the worst ones are the bland safe ones that no one remembers.

Like I love Legends of the Dark Knight, but plenty of those anthology stories are forgettable. A few are extraordinary.

Chuck Dixon is the most guilty of this, as was Denny O'Neil by the end of his career. (Not for most of his career, just the very last few years he was still actively writing)

DKSA is great though

this

The only patrician capeshit besides ASBAR.

What the fuck is up with Robin in this book?

I know Miller's Batman is a sadist lunatic, but I think he ultimately expects readers to still cheer for Batman out of principle. But kidnapping Dick Grayson (age 12) after his parents died, neglecting and abusing him, not allowing him to process his parent's death, teaching him how to fight and kill, then kicking him out to the curb and expecting everything to be fine is insane. I know we've all heard about Batman indirectly being responsible for his best villains, but shit, he honestly could not be more responsible for what happened to Dick Grayson. He fucked that kids life up even more than the loss of his parents.

Then he drops him into a pool of lava without a bit of remorse.

Jesus.

>I'm done talking.
>Get out of my cave.

Kek. Sounds like something that someone from Sup Forums would say to their mother.

Uh, no, at some point Dick was captured by Luthor's shadow government and was experimented on. That's why he's batshit in DKSA. Dick and Bruce were on speaking terms at least two years into Bruce's retirement. Go read TDKR and DKSA again.

>Jesus.

For whatever reason, Miller at this point came to the conclusion that as a kid sidekick, Dick Grayson neutered or emasculated Batman.

Like you could argue that Bruce Wayne is an eternal child, and that Robin represents a childhood friend he's unwilling to let go of, like the Batman identity.

But in Miller's case I think it was significantly less cerebral than that, and Miller concluding that Robin with his little green scale panties was just too fruity for the serious and grim Batman he had crafted.

So of course Grayson has to become the second Joker and be a cartoonish villain melted into slag.

I was under the impression that Dick volunteered for it.

Favorite comic book line ever from Wonder Woman

>Where is the man who threw me to the ground and claimed me as his rightful prize

That's not Killing Joke.