Can they try harder to tell people this is the 1980s? Kids did not have these kinds of costumes

Can they try harder to tell people this is the 1980s? Kids did not have these kinds of costumes.

>Kids did not have these kinds of costumes.

Kid in the 80's here: Your fucking wrong

/thread

They would've had those shitty vinyl smocks with the licenced character's face on it, and the thin vac-formed masks.. My parents went all-out, but most didn't.

muh realism..
I also heard there's a parallel dimension and a lovecraftian monster in the show...wtf! We did not have these kind of things in the 80s
DROPPED

That ghost trap looks too close to the movie prop. Otherwise, jumpsuits and vacuum cleaners would have been exactly what you would expect to see if not a cheap flame-retardant drug store costume.

1983, motherfuckers.

I was born in 84 and I don't remember anything about the 80's or consider myself an 80's kid. I was also too young for the early 90's music scene and all the things that were actually cool about the 90's. I don't understand the trend of imagining you have nostalgia for things you weren't really there for

You sound mentally slow. I was born in 88 and I remember stuff happening in 1993. If you honestly can't remember shit from 89-95 then you're fucking brain damaged.

I had one of those but it was of the "no ghost" guy haha. Ben Cooper shit. They did make and sell hasbro/kenner proton pack, suit, and traps,ekp meters and shit though.

I was born in 75. I love the 80s because that's before I realized most things really suck.

I have lots of childhood memories but none of them involve pop culture shit

89 here

I have nostalgia for things from 1995-2007 basically when I was not a baby but not a adult.

Confirmed short bus.

I've been googling Ben Cooper for the past 10 min. I don't even remember a GB one. I still have a Kenner proton pack. There were also giant inflatable head monster costumes that were big for a few years.

Kooky Spooks!

not in your poorfag neighborhood

That's because of your superior intellect and refined upbringing. I can tell this about you because you post on Sup Forums.

Are any of the characters rich?
Breaks immersion desu.

Do they involve talking to your tamagotchis while locked in the hallway closet, hiding from your mom's boyfriend for hours at a time?

That feel being chad and stuffing nerds into lockers. Now self made millionaire while the fragile losers are poor, fat and balding virgins still living in moms basement because they were afraid of the world

>science fiction horror fantasy

>ghosbuster costumes
>Breaks immersion desu.

Definitely too elaborate but hey, it's television. The Connor family on Roseanne had amazing costumes every year despite being poor.

Kid in the 80's here. If you think kids in the 80's could afford movie accurate Ghostbuster costumes complete with the gear, you're out of your mind. I remember dressing up as Ghostbuster for Halloween, the costumes and gear looked like cheap shit because that's exactly what it was.

Smock incoming...

>not wearing a white sheet every halloween

Ha! Did it have a mask?

it's like one of them would suddenly have a iphone. they let the integrity of the show take a hit to get in some nostalgia.
it's either poor writing or asshole producers(I'm betting on the latter)

This. They look like they're wearing modified expensive leaf blowers. Only adult cosplayers have expensive shit like that. I was born in 1982 btw.

TRUE 80s kid here
and this is what an 80s kid "Ghostbuster" costume would look like

Do kids actually dress up and go door to door in America or is it more of a movie thing?

Yeah I think so. Then again my parents might have painted my face white I cant recall.

read the thread. it's established costumes like those were available in the 80's.

It's wish fulfillment you dumbass. As a kid, I wanted to have adventures and find pirate treasure just like the Goonies for example.

Except for the too- accurate ghost trap, it looks like they just have junk vacuum cleaners on their backs. I had a pretty good Boba Fett costume in '80, with armor and everything. But there was not a lot of photo reference to go on.

Actually happens, it's great

These kids from 1984 are doing it on the cheap, if their parents put in twice the budget yes it could look like OP's image so stop being retarded

Damn didnt even know they made the filmation GB costumes.

I wonder how many pedos hand out cum stained candy.

Wherever the town or city is still overwhelmingly white, yes. Diversity is killing the custom, though. You need high social trust to do it.

oy vey buy our uzi goyim

That's what OP is getting at. Those costumes would be expensive as fuck and custom made. It doesn't bother me but it is admittedly unrealistic that the middle class kids from Stranger Things would be able to have those.

cute froggo

Awesome! But they couldn't find a black kid?

This. Pretty much people go to the safest areas and will hit up nicer neighborhoods or go to public places like malls and such.

Middle class in the 80's was way richer than middle class now

and mike wheeler is definetly not middle class

Obama hadn't bused them into their neighborhoods yet.

That proves OP's point.

Costumes back then often didn't look like the real thing, they always had pictures of what it was supposed to be on it and slapped with branding

Maybe but they still wouldn't have a near screen accurate prop like that trap the curly haired kid has.

PayPal me some money and prove it.

you don't remember pogs,yoyos,monster in my pocket, BOGLINS?

Mexicans where i live do Dia de Los Muertos. If Halloween falls on Sunday, all the damn Mormons conspire to move it to Saturday or Monday. Fuck them, no candy from me unless it's the 31st.

Yeah but shitty store-bought costumes like that were for lazy and unimaginative kids. My parents and I always enjoyed piecing together fairly elaborate costumes.

This is the trap we had as kids. Notice how movie accurate the paint scheme is.

what a narcissist

post boipucci first

Speak for yourself, poorfag

I totally have that. The bellows even works.

Kek. I definitely had that.

most truthful most accurate post itt
will also a cute. A CUTE.

This was from the cartoon, a few years after the movie.

>being both gay and attracted to kids

How do you even function?

1980s homemade costumes never looked that good. those insignias would be made with felt and a sharpie. come ON hollywood

t. same age in that era

I think it was '88 or '89, I was in Ghostbusters costume, a cheap one, and in the neighborhood where I lived this big warehouse was converted a week before halloween into a community halloween event for kids, and i saw some adult guys handing out candy there who had some damn good accurate ghostbusters costumes, i imagine back then if they had kids they could get their costumes like OP's image or a parent willing to spend the money could pay them put together a suit for their children

>How do you even function?

orgasmically

This pic is missing the "stream" which was a giant piece of yellow foam like a swim noodle. To be fair these were fucking bad ass toys at the time. I combined this with my laser tag guns and sensors when playing .

Some years were had amazing homemade ones, some years we had that shit.

THIS

>tfw I didn't grow up in a early 2000s Hollywood movie and can never relate to all the high school is filled with bullying chads and other social cliques

When I was in school everyone was just cordial and hung out with each other, party girls, nerds, commies, nazis, jocks. My DnD group consisted of me(a virgin neckbeard), a ghetto guy who used to steal cards when he was younger, a pretentious male model, and a death metal guy who was in a band and made homemade drugs.

I had these, and my younger brothers totally destroyed them in later years, not like they were in mint condition at that point, but still...

:(

>Chad
>Millionaire

I'll take "Shit which never happens" for 1000

>HURR THE COSTUMES AREN'T PERFECTLY ACCURATE HURRRR

Only Sup Forums could have this kind of autism

OP's complaint is that the costumes are too accurate, dummy.

>We really do care

And Kenner really did. Broken or missing piece? Write in, and they'd mail a free replacement. Got a bag of Star Wars guns one time as a bonus when my Hoth playset was missing parts. Fuck 2017.

>the 80s never had an abundance of jumpsuit's
>sew on patches and iron on decals for franchises were unheard of! and never given away free on sewing magazines
>flexible hose cardboard boxes and paint were only a thing for the elites to dabble in
>magazines of the time would just have articles telling you were to buy a costume and not hot tips how to construct something out of ordinary house hold objects

You have to be at least 18 to post, kid.

And even then they would look nowhere even close to OP's pic which was made by a professional team of prop artists.

I actually have come to respect Ghostbusters even more watching it now in later years, I mean come on, the guys were wearing fucking portable nuclear reactors on their backs! Which also makes me wonder what kind of shielding those things must have had

I like you, user.

They were cyclotrons. Proton accellerators. A little cancer never hurt anyone.

What time will it be up on Netflix in UK

I had that shitty stormtrooper mask, but my mom made an amazing suit for it.

Not every costume back then was string on plastic face mask, ya know

>Kid in the 80's here
>your
no I doubt that.

And by "had", I mean, ā€¯still have".

The no-fun police and hurt-feelings regulators really did kill all happiness in the world.

Not everyone here is under 18 like you

fucking this.

masks that cut your lip and you could barely breathe or-see out of the damn thing, while you're wearing a costume that might as well be a colorful trash bag with holes cut out for your arms.

and dammit we had fun. the costumes were a means to an end but we still had to find our favorite character.

the only way you could get a better costume was to make it yourself. but that was the rarity. this proves that millenials have no business being tied together with anyone born in the early 80's.

So OP, you also gonna complain about the costumes the kids wore in the 1990 film "Spaced Invaders"?

I have the Darth Vader one.

you're forgetting no blacks or muslims in white neigbourhoods. Only jews, asians and blacks lived in ghettos

nufag child with half beard alarmingly detected

I was always so envious of the super elaborate Halloween costumes kid had in 80s and 90s movies. I also always wanted to grow up in a SoCal suburb.

Eww

You think Jews lived in ghettos in the 1980s? In what country?

We hardly get trick-or-treaters where I live any more. The Obama-people don't celebrate it and the Mexicans seek to outright replace it with "Dia De Los Muertos."

Our culture truely is beginning to die because of "fundamental transformation"

I grew up in and still live in SoCal suburb, as a kid the quality of costumes was mixed, whether there were any as elaborate as the movies I am sure there might have been but none in particular come to mind

>Wherever the town or city is still overwhelmingly white, yes
nah, plenty of blacks do it around here too. though I don't hand out candy or go trick or treating anymore. trust issue is correct. I used to trick kids into thinking I had candy but didn't. it was fun when we r an out of candy. but that was a long time ago. people are just too mean and entitled these days.