SHELF/RECENT PURCHASE GENERAL

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, and news about new comics.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
archonia.com/comicshop/en/ (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Thread question: Do you read hardcovers with the dust jacket on or off?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50278482/#/20275885
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Off please.

I've bought a lot recently, but I've also not got everything in that I've ordered.

Too bad.

Ordering a Hellboy Library Ed. 3. I'm fuckin excited to get it.

Looking to get into more obscure/underground shit. Decided to start with Mimi and the Wolves. Good choice?

What's with the shitposting?

Its not shitposting its shelfposting... HAH!

Dust covers off always while reading, and sometimes on the shelf... I love it when books look better under the dust cover than with it on, the only reason you need the damn things anways is if you have some giant library that never gets dusted or leave it laying around somewhere on a table for 2 years.

Hey, that's my shelf.

Just got these in today. Wrasslin' comics!

>Metal Gear Solid Omnibus shows up.
>It's a Remainder.
>Spine cracked and bent.
>Cover bent and ripped.
>New; never been read! Might have some shelfware!

Fuck this gay Earth

It's a nice shelf.

Hell yeah. I just got Act 3 myself and it's one of my favorite things out there right now.

>ask people to post shelves
>they post shelves
>STOP SHITPOSTING

>Post your shelves
>Post YOUR shelves
>Posts stockphotos of shelves

Fuck off.

Great,now i am thinking about that guard now,he just wanted that mask for himself.

bought this last night

I own many shelves.
But I don't own a camera.

Went to finally grab Hellboy in Hell Artist Edition after years of putting it off. Years of wanting it but putting money into conventional trades and comics first.

It's now at stupid high scalper prices.

Fuck.

Fuck me.

Fuck.

Uh... Hellboy in Hell only just finished its run... there'll probably be a library edition... wtf are you even talking about?

I'm finally getting a new shelf this weekend. I plan on getting this

ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50278482/#/20275885

I also bought Rucka's Checkmate Vol 1

Artist Edition's are printed from scans of the original art.

up

Any Guy Davis fans? Scored a copy of the Marquis in pretty good shape. I saw a solicit for a hardcover edition with new material awhile back, but nothing came of it and now there's no mention anywhere.

Jackets off, they don't cover any dust when the book is open.

Can't waffle on those Artist Editions. The New Mutants one looks pretty sick, but is also impossible to find for a good deal now.

Good taste

Presently reading Goon, thinning out the back-list. What is everybody else presently reading?

Where did you get your shelf

Ask since it's his shelf.

I need to grab those Godland hardcovers before they're gone

I read the new volume of Harrow County

Guy Davis fan here. Fucker needs to draw more.

Ikea Kallax

Hopefully his work with Guillermo Del Toro and other concept art has slowed down enough.

Pre-ordered my Kamanda omnibus and i encourage you all to do the same, we need to show our support and get new Fourth World omnis too.

Bought Alan Moore's Jerusalem as well, any of you guys read it?

>Do you read hardcovers with the dust jacket on or off?

Omnibuses, most of the time. Trades, rarely.

Hopefully... If he will do a book, what'll he draw you think?

Most definitely getting that Kamandibus, anybody check out the Kamandi Challenge?

This surfaced back in 2012. If Geof Darrow is releasing more Shaolin Cowboy, maybe there's hope for The Marquis.

Belief, friend. Believe. Also, what's the Kamandi challenge?

Darrow has been working on it for a couple years. He knows he works slow so he didn't even have DH solicit it until he was inking the last issue

Also Hard Boiled is getting a hardcover to match Big Guy and Rusty and Shaolin Cowboy

That Spectre statue is pretty fucking cool,how much did you pay for it?

Bourbon Thret is also supposedly getting a Dark Horse release. What's the deal with the Burlyman Shaolin Cowboy? Is there a rights issue with the Wachowskis when it comes to a DH reprint?

$80 and 3 years of patience.

Nice

>Is there a rights issue with the Wachowskis when it comes to a DH reprint?

I have to assume so since they weren't included in Shemp Buffet

I picked up all the issues at a con for cheap

He's done with comics (for the moment).

REE

Guess concept art and storyboarding for movies pays more and I'm sure it's less work

As long as he comes back once in awhile, I'm pretty happy. Even if it's on a Hellboy in Hell or Love & Rockets-esque schedule.

Keep on searching you might stumble upon it.

pick up 1/2

Ooh, what is Screw Job? I like me some wrasslin' comics.

Thoughts on Rucka's Checkmate?

This is about 1/4 of it, and all I have in my flat at the minute. Bulk is at my parents' house because I've been moving around a lot for work and don't want to move all my shit out until I'm settled down somewhere.

Mostly recent purchases and a lot is unread because of that.

can someone please give me the link to the list of all upcoming books in 2017?

Row 2

Row 3

A wrestling anthology published by Hidden Fortress Press. It has real stories about real wrestlers, fake stories about real wrestlers, and fake stories about fake wrestlers. Features some great creators.

Still waiting on a few to come in the mail. Looking for rec's and h8/r8.

Post pictures of our shelves?

Especually since he envisioned a 5 book series with prequel and he's only done two.

He'll finish it. Someday...

Dang, my bookshelf only contains mangas, mangas, and more mangas.

Nice digits.

You're still a fuckin weabfaggot.

I know rite?

A true waste, desu.

I love corner shelves, I
d have to throw all my other shelves out to get one though

No camera and not at home. But here they are. Wondering what I should get next.

Continued

So you all have separate shelves for your normal books, right?

>normal books

This isn't /lit/.

yes

>normal
what are comics then?
I got 4 1/2 other book shelves

Is Fables worth reading? I plan to buy it.
Also why does it take DC too long to release John Constantine: Hellblazer in tpb?
They're only up to issue 175 out of fucking 300 and they started making the tpbs in motherfucking 2011.

>Is Fables worth reading? I plan to buy it.

Until the end of the first major arc (which is years worth or books, first nine volumes of the HC editions if I remember), yes.

52 is the shit

Strand and Forbidden Planet pickups from last night. Very happy I found the Deathlok and Miniature Sulk at Strand.

I think I want those.

Indeed it is sir.

>Ordered Nikopol Trilogy from amazon marketplace
Took two weeks to even ship it, I get it today, and the fucker sent me a D&D campaign setting, now I have to PAY to ship back the wrong item and just hope he refunds me in a decent amount of time...
>Ordered Animal Man Book 4 TPB
Apparently someone stole it off my front steps during the 70 minutes it was sitting out there. Tracking says it was delivered at 12:58 yesterday and I left the house at 2:00, so not only did the carrier not knock, but someone stole it out from under my nose.
>No Sup Forums but an ebay seller has been dicking me around on a DVD I bought almost a month ago

Why is all of this happening at once? I hope Jamal enjoys the start of Milligan's run...

Amarillo is incredibly disappointing after Silent Hell, it took the wind out of my sails for whenever the next volume comes out.

The animal man book is shitty and could happen with any order, the other two are why i don't deal with either of those services, way too much fucking headache and dicking around with amateur sellers who don't give a shit about doing things properly... like its an online garage sale or some shit.

Got hype for World War Tank Girl, decided to plug the hole in my collection.

Just waiting on having a little cash to throw about - Will pick up Goon #4, The Filth Deluxe and probably the next Scott Pilgrim HC.

Got to buy new bookshelves for my room as well. Where does all the money go?

Why didn't this upload the first time...

I'm planning on starting Dave McKean's Cages next, but I've also got The Wicked + The Divine, Lenore, Saga, and a couple other little things on my back log.

up

Try and track down the last two plague of frogs hardcovers before its too late... they haven't been reprinted yet and if they don't ever get reprinted the price is just gonna go up and up...

Any good places to search secondhand other than eBay and Amazon?

go through every second hand shop near your place, be it regular or book if you live in america.

I use the amazon marketplace a lot and this is only the second real issue I've had out of...fifty orders? It wouldn't be such a pain in the ass if it was just a straight up refund but having to ship the damn thing back is a hassle. I never ship things. I don't even own a printer. So now I have to make multiple special stops just to get "back to square one." I should have known better. Every tenth customer review on this guy's page is pretty much exactly my story but it was only that way since around the holidays so I thought it was just Christmas chaos. Clearly they never recovered.

The Ebay story is a little weirder since the guy is a professor of media studies and every single one of his reviews is 5 star. I have a feeling he's just way behind on shipping it because of the semester starting and it will all work out.

It's just really frustrating/confusing to have all of my problems happen at the same time. Even though I know this is the minority of experiences it makes me want to swear off using those services entirely.

>now I have to PAY to ship back the wrong item and just hope he refunds me in a decent amount of time...
You don't /have/ to ship it back. In America, you're legally entitled to keep the item because it was the seller's fuckup and not something you ordered. Amazon should have your back if the seller starts acting like a bitch about it.

oh and try craigslist.

lots of bad experiences all at once, shame. don't condemn the marketplace yet though, it's usually an awesome place to get stuff you won't get anywhere else. also complain about it by amazon itself, so if you're lucky they don't like being involved in any of that shit so they'll put pressure on bad sellers and bad mail services. won't cost you a thing for now except time to set up the mails.
I'd have faith in the ebay-thing for now, as you said he's probably just way behind schedule because semester started.

Yeah its that level of doubt that I don't truck with... I'd rather order from Amazon or just get the LCS to order something for me... worth the extra few bucks. obviously doesn't apply to things that aren't really available anymore and are bought used though.

That's good to hear. Any recommendations? That whole area is pretty new to me.

DVD's of cartoons so it counts. Hey Arnold overall is not as great as I remember, but some episodes were much better than I remember. Particularly the Helga episodes.

I know,
>simpsons past season whatever

I'll allow it.

>reading
This is the current pile. I read an issue or two and then move on to the next book and so on, back to the top. I find I enjoy stuff more, pay better attention, and retain way more of what I read later by switching it up.

Man, I like Simonson Thor, but it drags hard between each major arc. Over all, I prefer Kirby's run.

I was trying to finish up my One Million omni but I can't really concentrate on it at all since I'm ill (the flu). reading Sup Forums posts and watching youtube walkthroughs is so much easier.

I've been reading Claremont's X-Men from the beginning. Got up to around the start of New Mutants and I'm a bit sick of it now so I'm taking a break.

Read a little of Batman No Man's Land which I started ages ago but still not feeling it.

Think the problem is I reread all of Sandman over Christmas and I'm itching for more of something similar.

I got to the same place n X-Men, user. I fucking LOVE the brood saga, but my interest starts to fade fast after that.