Work On Your Donuts!

I think combing both threads is worth doing again.

Share any of your art and/or OCs here. Any feedback or advice is good.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/AFNsW4l.png
discordapp.com/invite/ENHZq
discordapp.com/ENHZq
vutiendung.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's one from a show I'm planning

A young street urchin girl with a big, tremendously fat cigar in her mouth at almost all times. The girl has long, messy, hair that reaches her ankles, a ragged brown dress, and a big newsie cap. She has an Australian accent and her voice is usually slightly muffled by the cigar being in her mouth. Personality wise, she’s about halfway between tomboyish and girly, with a love for adventure She also has a love for all things explosive, and often lights whatever explosive she can find with the huge stogie in her mouth. She usually lights her cigar with either a match, or anything that happens to be on fire or exploding nearby.

The ghosts of her parents often manifest in the smoke of her cigar. They continue to be loving parents even beyond the grave as they help her with advice. She also secretly loves reading, though she claims to be illiterate.

>The ghosts of her parents often manifest in the smoke of her cigar.

This part really interests me. Is it like actually in universe ghosts, or just something in her head?

The show I'm planning has supernatural elements, so I was thinking actual ghosts.

Redrawing a bunch of my characters. Just finished this

This is Dee. Some girl with tentacles for arms and legs

I really wanna start making actual comics but I'm still not very comfortable on laying out the page and creating panels. Does anyone have any kinda advice on such a front?

This page here looks fine enough
What exactly are you having problems with?

Breaking out of using stock-still rectangles and squares for my panels I think. I feel like a degree of energy is lost in one the page when most panels look the same. I could very well be wrong though, I'm admittedly very amateur.

Oh I can't wait to be done with this goddamn picture.

Making things happen

Ever read Scott McCloud?

I'm plopping this dude down in a few threads. Let me know what you think.
Earns minimum wage as a technology assisted Necromancer

Hell yeah I have. I've never read his book on how to make comics however, I'm sure that's an essential by this point. Regardless, the dude is one of my heroes.

Cute!

That's one hell of a character. your description painted a real clear image. It sounds fun.

Is she nasty? Nah I'm kidding

What's this for, user? I like your style.

Nice design. It would work well in animation. The facial expressions would be endless.

This is Topaz. She's a rip off of Jasper and is current on her way to starting what will be essentially Outer Heaven. She is old and very tired of dealing with my RP partner's character's constant sob stories and just wants to fight.

>What's this for, user? I like your style.
Thanks. I've got some ideas about ancient Roman sorcerers fighting barbarians in the wilderness. She's one of the two of them.

My girl Mary (right), and another Mary who belongs to some Jerk on tumblr. He did a doodle of our Marys in 80s clothes, and I responded with this. I forget if I posted this last thread..?

This was one of very few recent instances outside my comic that I used regular ol' lineart, and I'm still unsure how I feel about it. It could just be "I'm my own worst critic" syndrome, but my lineart always feels too... Sharp, I guess? Not sure how to describe it, but I've come to far and away prefer doing "lineart" like i.imgur.com/AFNsW4l.png But it takes so much longer to line even just one character this way, so I've been wanting to get back to normal lineart.

Nice and simple design, though maybe a little too simple. Consider adding some seams and trim to the pants and coat, unless that's already the plan and this is purely concept.

Do you care to elaborate on his occupation and how bringing life to the dead is a minimum wage job?

Different user here. That idea sounds fucking awesome.

Tell me if these characters sound okay:

>Anne, farmhand turned adventurer when a deal with the devil transported her to the world of Newfarrow. Good enough with a sword, is very, very afraid of spiders, and cannot say no to a challenge. Also the sole pureblood human in Newfarrow, sporting no animal features. Will stop at nothing to prevent Zachariah from conquering the land. Average body size and weight.
>Leigh, soldier turned mail carrier when the war ended. Sports a pair of rabbit ears from the top of her head and longer feet than usual. Found Anne in a ditch, unconscious from the journey here, and is helping her on her quest. Great shot with a crossbow and can drink a man three times her size under the table, although she usually isn't the first to take things seriously. Average chest, THICC hips and slightly shorter than Anne.
>Gomorrah, conman by day and thief by night. Enjoys expensive things, especially stolen goods, but cannot stand living or acting humbly. Helps Anne and Leigh break out of the prison they all got sent to, and tagged along when he heard their quest. Has a pair of downward-curved horns, black and polished, sprouting from the top of his head. Very tall and muscular, punctuating his strength.
>Diego, a hermit who commanded Leigh's platoon in the war, Very stubborn and crude, yet wise and cunning, he can cook an amazing breakfast. Is contacted by Leigh to help train Anne to defeat Zachariah. A turtleshell-esque plating covers his back, and he seldom wears shirts due to it getting itchy. Used to be lean and fit, now age has shortened and fattened him slightly.
>Mont-Claire, prince to King Mont-DuPris, dreams of going on an adventure, He is very smart and fit from private schooling/training, but lacks experience from a sheltered life in the castle and is socially awkward. His hands and feet are covered in a hard scale, and his eyes are a deep amber with slits for irises. Lean and short, he still has some growing to do.

1/2

You planning it as a comic? It sounds pretty awesome.

>Zachariah, a brave general corrupted from an unknown entity after the war, now appears to be a large wolf creature. He is ruthless, despised by all but his army (and even some of them dislike him), and is dead-set on conquering all of Newfarrow, and later the world. He towers over everyone and has immense strength and endurance. Currently resides in a long forgotten, blasted-out command post on the outskirts of Newfarrow.
>Butch and Hart, two of Zachariah's lackeys. Butch is based on a crocodile, Hart is based on a wasp. Generally dislike working under Zachariah, but prefer it to abandoning his army and the death that always follows.

Art to come, but for now I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks!
A basic rundown goes like this:
>Be a budding biology student
>Work on machine to bring things back to life
>Government comes in and funds the project on the condition it can both take AND give back life
>End product connects itself to Oc'S DNA rendering him the only one able to use it
>Government, not willing to waste their research money, forces him to carry out their tasks. They pay him minimum wage as a formality.
He fucking hates the job and its slowly killing him but what can you do?

Either a comic or animation, but I doubt I have the discipline to do the latter.

Made another pinup. I'm liking how these are coming out
Here's Sole. Some guy with a couple of dumb burdens to carry.

I have one more to make to complete my three main characters again, but I'll finish the last one tomorrow.

>Is she nasty?
She probably doesn't bathe more than twice every week.

Forget your webcomics, and doughnuts.

How's everyone's cock doing?

Thanks guys. It started as a comic but now that I have a general outline down it feels pretty prosy. I work better with concrete visuals though. So I guess we'll see.

I wonder, has anyone done a book where the author consistently swaps between prose and comic?

Got a .pdf for that book?

Sounds sorta like a supernatural/sci-fi comedy in the vein of Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies. I like it.

Well, it seems to function in all of the ways that one would hope it would, so I suppose it's doing just fine.

100% flaccid

Here.

I just finished this nomad and his pal.

Here's some model sheets I drew of the character's I've been working on for a game/comics. HoloProfessor, Mindy, Bridgett and Anna. Their arms are for capturing and battling Holobuddies, hologramatic pets/monsters.

Had been waiting for a 'work on your art' thread to post them, but there hasn't been one all week!

(also does anyone here converge over discord? I've been looking for good art sharing discord channels)

I do think there's a Discord server for these sorts of threads, but I never bothered joining it myself so I couldn't give a link. Hopefully the thread lives long enough for someone to give a link.

Doodlin pinups

So Chinese New Year is coming up, and I was planning on drawing something for it, but I've been unable to work out a definite idea.

It's the year of the Red Fire Chicken, who is considered to be reliable, enterprising and competitive. They are associated with wealth and jewelry, and of course fire or candle-light.

I've made a few sketches, but so far they don't seem to get all the required elements; there's always something missing.

Wealthy and Enterprising suggests Business or a jewelry seller, but I can't figure out how to get Fire into the image.

The Socialite has Wealth and Jewelry (and the candelabra represents Fire) but is missing the Competive personality trait.

The Biker is Competive and I can work in the flame decals, but again they're missing the Wealth aspect.

Obviously I'm not going to get this finished in time for actual CNY (Jan 28th) but I'd like to get it completed sooner rather than later.

Any suggestions or ideas? Is there some other angle I'm missing?

tumblr/10

Martial artist, Psychic and Archer

Not really my character but my friends. I jut drew my own version of her

The character is called Bee

Working on something of a hybridization of various ideas that I've had. I wanted to do something "cosmic' oriented, but seeing as how I'm already doing something along those lines with a Green Lantern/Doc Fate Hybrid called "Centurion Nouveau", I reluctantly had to scrap it

The story itself follows three highly trained marines who are subjugated to experimentation via an alien object that contains traces of DNA from a long since dead race of proud warriors. When the light rays from the object hit their bodies (two males, one female), they merge into one being nicknamed "Black Alice" for her lithe and androgynous features. Her power set would be something similar to Superman Blue

Any other questions you had?

I wish I had any sense of how to design cool looking mecha. Fifteen years of trying and I can't design anything more than a simple boxy mess.

Still trying to work out the exact limits of my shifter, Sugar's capabilities.She can only grow things that would appear on a regular person, so it's mostly body-based. She can, however, make an additional body, though it must be attached to her. She is also unable to grow an additional brain, which means that the extra head is entirely mindless and basically just a muscle of the original brain. However, she can move it's muscles and even control it's vocal cords to give it the illusion that it has a mind of it's own.

I'm busy right now, but once i'm free i'll share the donut steel discord over here.

Sorry for the delay.

Looking forward to it!

discordapp.com/invite/ENHZq
discordapp.com/ENHZq

Done! Both links work, but i'm posting the invite URL and the link that discord generated just to be sure.

bump

This is my oc, Rococo Feathersworth, she runs a bakery, and is a former magical girl, although she doesn't like being called that.

She is dressing up as cupid to promote her valentine's day special "individually wrapped, heart-shaped pink strawberry short cake".

She is much older than she looks, and in her words, built up a "ridiculous resume" over the years. She has taken to mentoring young heroes, although she is not above kicking it with the rest of them from time to times.

That looks cool af. I really like the style. What is this about?

Late night doodle of a character I made up years ago. I'm probably gonna look at some actual armor for her.

The concept was she comes from a kingdom of women so she's never seen a man before. However her paranoia made her believe them to be a threat so she vowed to protect her kingdom from them. She later finds out they're not so bad. Not like great or anything but not really inherently evil.

Bump

I love the character on the left.

Finished all three of my losers finally

What's the backstory for them

Neat.

it's about an Olympic wrestler that retires as a grammar teacher

Versailles. She's a sleep paralysis demon who's too shy and afraid of humans to actually go out and feed, but she loves their culture and has a huge collection of human movies, video games, and toys she spends all day playing with.

A pair of demon youngsters who's job it is to go up to earth and cause mischief. Bluesy's really lazy and Holly's burned out from all the pressure her folks put on her.

and done

Cute design. Do you plan to do anything in color?

For the sake of covers, model sheets and whatnot, yes but as far as book illustrations go, I'll need to do them all black and white

I can see that.

That's a smug skull.

What would you call a weeb for humans?

Finalizing this design for a comic.

Basically wonder woman with a constellation theme and a very vague pinochio motiff.

Her whole deal is that she loves everyone and wants to save the world, but knows literally fuck all about the world since she's a weird magic space person. So her point of reference is a little warped since she lands in the middle of syria and tries to make everyone be friends.

You'd think I'd post the one I edited specifically for posting

Also her power is doing poses that form the shape of a bunch of different constellations for a bunch of different contextual powers

A humanfucker.

my horrifying abomination cant possibly be this cute

She was supposed to be more bovine-like but I can't complain about some sweet drawanon's freebie.

>cant wait to be done with this goddamn picture
I feel that, user

This gorgeous and reminds me a bit of Jojos

Dude. This is sick. Do you have a site or gallery anywhere? Do you take comissions?

Tell me about her, user.

man im happy you're using my drawing :3c

A little outfit redesign of my Amnesiac Android Alchemist. How's that for alliteration? I drew it pretty quick at work today while thinking about her previous iteration's terribly thin and tight shirt and how uncomfortable it would be.

Ayy, you really captured her perfect. You got an art page or do you just lurk drawthreads? Considering how well this came out I'd love to see about maybe paying for some more refs

>Age: 11
>Likes: traditional art, drawing, romantic junk
>dislikes: being alone, long sleeve shirts, being talked down to

>With a sketchbook on hand and her emotions on her sleeve, Marie is a young robot child full of creativity and affection. Whenever she has a free moment, she can be seen working on small comics of her character, "The Dynamic Drillienne." She denies any resemblance.

Is the joke here that your self insert draws self insert comics

i'm 12-amu/twelveamu on tumblr and fa though i dont have much art up thats monstrous even though i spent most of my young years drawing them. i'd love to draw more versailles for you though!

thebearstartsrockin comin' at'cha

What makes you say she's a self insert?
She isn't intelligent, nihlistic and doesn't have a wicked sense of humor

I just got that feeling about it

Personally, I just put bits of myself into all of my characters. They say it helps to write what you know. It's also a good outlet to make fun of the embarrassing shit in your past

True, I wasn't even being disparaging about it 2bh famalio

Thats some tumblr tier art if I ever seen it

tumblr = bad

Work on that face bae. Everything but that face is quite good

you got a blog?

Yo buff guys with skull heads are cool af. I like cartoon Skeletor and even made my Champions Online character a buff skullman for this reason.

Glad you Like them

Trying to make a comic about a seagull

Where can I follow you

>Steven the Seagull

vutiendung.deviantart.com/
I also got a tumblr but I don't use it much

well that was the inspiration of course

Noice, I should start trying to draw my paladins.