What went wrong

What went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4DDuqNRHBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The stupid celebrity death gag

nothing

hammond survived his rocket car crash.

The American and Celebrity Brain Crash or whatever it was called.
Also they weren't really allowed to do budget show challenges with old junkers, which was their single best feature on Top Gear.
Also the audience stuff with them spouting national stereotypes everyone knows was stale as fuck.

They did have some good stuff, and hopefully they will be able to correct for the growing pains/the BBC might relent a little bit.
It's a bit weird, though, how quiet they're being about the new season. This time last year we've had a lot more.

It was the same stale shit as their last 5-6 years on Top Gear.

Everything was so forced and scripted. Or maybe it is their own writing and their charisma just fell off

>watching shitty meme shows instead of my boi Doug

It got even more obviously scripted.

Pretty much this, people romanticise their last few years at Top Gear but it was getting repetitive. That said at times it would be really funny still, but those moments were getting rarer.

a car crash and pneumonia

Car shows are for losers

They're too old

Don't be mean to Hammond, he's basically special needs after all those car crashes.

They've always been shit, now they're just on a shit streaming service that no one cares about

I don't know why people always confuse "all of Top Gear" being good with their travel specials. Of course the travel specials are/were amazing. It's the other 99% of the show that was shit.

I wish James May would stop wasting his time with this, I much more enjoy his tinkering shows where it's literally just him in a garage messing with dumb shit for 45 minutes.

They were given too much freedom. The best moments on the show were “you’re each given 100 pounds, get from Point A to Point B in some ridiculous environment”.

That’s literally all grand tour had to be. Each episode could have been a location, they travel around the location learning about its culture, riff about the culture and either drive heavily exotic cars or complete junkers, reviewing the cars at the end of the episode. Literally too easy, since I watched Top Gear for their personalities first, the car stuff second.

That got old really really really fast.

IS SEASON 2 OUT YET

t. BUSRIDING NOCARZ

This.
The fun parts of Top Gear was when they did fun but still "realistic" stuff, as in driving shit cars, odd cars, exotic cars or things like where they raced a boat against bike against car in London. When they go too far and make it about driving through a supermarket or driving a car built out of a cottage it just gets silly.

Am I the only one who finds this fag annoying?

That's not anywhere near as bad as Top Gear wasting 15 minutes of every episode on celebrity bullshit nobody cares about

He's a stupid, obnoxious asshole but entertaining as a result

>MFW all of the windows open and close at the same time

Yes. You are the only person in the world who finds Jeremy Clarkson annoying.

Combination of tiptoeing around BBC copyrights, massive amounts of money and old age resulted in unhinged Clarkson ego trips. Porter's book on TG actually describes instances whre JC doubles down on unfunny bits because he can't admit he's ever wrong. S2 is going to be a lot better though.

The show should just be them going on adventures than the crappy studio stuff

However, I still like them reviewing cars.

>mfw there's a Range Rover logo on the lights

not enough stuff with second hand cars. Those kind of episodes are the best.

Just go re-watch the first season where they re-did Top Gear format and compare it to GT, give it some time lads, growing pains.

absolute worst of nu top gear was that shit episode with the ambulances were the jokes were that a mannequin was vomiting a lot and they had to touch a phallic object.

it was a surreal experience watching that episode because the show had come so far such that it only had a surface level resemblance to the show i actually liked. the peak of top gear was around season 8 - 12 and then it started to become a bit too big for its boots and farcical

the best episodes were always grounded in reality and entertainment came as a result of genuine reactions to situations that felt like they also occurred naturally, i mean get that everything has to be scripted to some degree but you know what i mean. they are just put somewhere with cars but then everything is else is a result of that as opposed to this weird, forced delivery of some weird scripted skit. james may explaining in detail the quirks of his lambogini uracco will always be funnier than a sign on a train that says shit or pic related

>Best moment of them together and it had nothing to do with cars
youtube.com/watch?v=y4DDuqNRHBg
What did they mean by this?

huge egos
scripted scenes

your favorite trip episodes
GO

Hi goys, I'm Shmee

Even if they did everything else wrong, can we agree removing SIARPC was a good move? The only people who cared about that were the girlfriends of guys who were dragged along instead of letting people interested in Top Gear buy tickets instead

the difference was the top gear celebrity bullshit was at least something moderately interesting. it was always interesting to see about a celebrity's car habits and what their first car was, etc. different from the usual talk show small talk about inane random bullshit.

the Gt gag was literally a waste of space and a time filler.

It was never interesting, nobody is watching a car show for celebrity gossip and it took up a significant portion of the show rather than some two minute unfunny gag

LOOK AT THIS BESPOKE CAR IN A BESPOKE COLOR! AND LOOK AT ALL OF THAT BESPOKE CARBON FIBER! AND I WON'T DRIVE 95% OF THESE CARS BUT THEY'RE ALL BESPOKE ANYWAY! AND THEY'RE ALL UGLIER THAN SHIT BUT SINCE THEY'RE BOUTIQUE CARS I'LL SAY THEY'RE GREAT CARTS DUE TO THEM BEING RARE AND BESPOKE!

And he strikes me as the "wife for breeding a male heir while having a strapping young lad with firm buttocks on the side" kind of Brit.

the specials were the only good episodes anyway. Except for the indian one.

While I skipped about 98% of celebrity interviews, occasionally you did have a good one, like the Rowan Atkinson one. Plus the core idea of putting famous people in a run of the mill car and having them compete for laps IS pretty good. GT killing off celebs was entirely useless by comparison.

The parts in the studio are pretty bad. It's like the three of them are acting out a bunch of terrible SNL sketches instead of just being themself. It's a good thing that they got rid of the star in a reasonably priced car bit tough.

Sup Forums is for losers

They had a couple good films

>namibia special
>eco friendly car exterior thing
>gt40 le mans
>morrocco road trip

Easy

The best parts of TG were always the "Buy a shitty second-hand car and drive it a thousand miles." shit. The worst parts were always the studio bits and the really poorly scripted skits.

GT has too much of the latter and not enough of the former.

I'm so glad I watched that

For next series they need to spend less time on stupid pointless stunts (like homemade scales for example) and more time on criticism and bantz