Why did closing their eyes prevent the Jew-ghosts from melting their faces off?

why did closing their eyes prevent the Jew-ghosts from melting their faces off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

when god obliterates shit he tends to want the people he's NOT killing to look away

when God nuked sodom and gomorrah, he let a guy named lot and his family get away, but warned them not to look back. one of lot's crew, his wife or some other woman, looked back and "turned into a pillar of salt"

also in the old testament the arc of the covenant (of abraham) was only meant to be viewed by priests or basically people God-approved.

in the Bible this is all in the old testament, starting around the book of exodus when moses takes the hebes out of egypt and conquers what would eventually become israel

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

fpbp

Oy! Gewalt! You'd all be dead now if it wasn't for my David

All the best Hollywood films were made in London

lol women

High quality post

There's a story in the Bible about how somebody, I think possibly Jacob, asked to see the face of God as a boon or something to that effect.

God said no.

Jacob asked why.

God said to look behind him. There was a flat plain. Jacob remembered there being a huge mountain range, and asked what happened to it. GOd then explains that the mountain saw God and immediately prostrated itself before him, and that Jacob would not survive.

At one point, a prophet got to see God's back. Subsequently, nobody could look at him eye to eye because his face shone with the reflected glory.

Basically, there's a tradition about it in the Bible stories, that you do NOT look on the face of God. You avert your eyes, because if you don't you're not going to like what happens next. It's not even deliberate, it's just something that you do because you're suddenly face to face with the creator and holy shit that entire fucking mountain range just prostrated itself before him when it caught a glimpse.

this dude doesn't mess around

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg

So you can't look god in the eye, sorta like Val Kilmer?

How does a mountain prostate himself? Did it finger it's anus?

One moment the mountain was being a mountain. Big, rocky, etc.

The next moment, it was prostrate on the ground. In other words, there was no mountain any more, because it was busy grovelling. It's not supposed to make sense with modern understanding of geology, user.

Didn't Moses or other character get blind for a while by looking at God?

>lot and his family get away
And hence the best incest story of the bible gets told. Both daughters banged their dad after getting him drunk because there was no men around. They both got preggo.

kek'd

Moses' face literally started glowing because he looked at God for so long (I'm assuming he didn't look at his face though). He had to wear a veil because people were getting freaked out by it.

Oh, it was Saul that went blind for a few days. He was going around killing Christians, so God blasted him in the face with sunbeams and told him to cut the shit, so Saul transformed into Paul and became one of the most prominent spreaders of Christianity.

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is?

Thanks, I went to a catholic school but don't remember shit about the Bible

Religion.

Basically, do what we say when we say it and don't look at things too closely otherwise you'll realize IT'S NOT FUCKING REAL.

As this user says. But the real reason this is in the bible is because if Lot and family did look back at Sodom and Gomorrah, they would see that it was really being destroyed by a war/natural disaster/etc.

Lost Ark was just taken shit from the bible and running with it.

Huge if true

Might have to do with the eyes being the window to the soul.

Moses was the one who saw God's back.

GODS NOT REAL **BUURP** IM PICKLE RICK XD

God nuked Belloq who was a jew

Is God a Nazi?

God constantly fucks up the Jews in the Bible, even he can't take their shit

what a stupid story

Same, one read of the Bible actually did more for me than 10 years of going to church.

Remember the time the Jews started complaining because they got tired of God giving them the same food over and over again, so he crashed a flock of birds near them and said "fuck you, eat this for a month then"

same thing with college. 4 years for learning things I could learn on the internet in like two months. bussiness administration is a meme.

if you didn't see it, it didn't happen

just like the holocaust

So you're telling me that christian god is lovecraftian?

I always feel bad for the German officer who didn't want to go with because he had a hunch something shitty was gonna happen

Because "taboo" means "treasure".

>Because "taboo" means "treasure".

Check mate, atheists

>taboo
>thaboo
>thebew
>the jew

surprsingly good thread on Sup Forums

This really activated my macadamia nuts

I want Seagal to tell this story.

thank you rabbi

based einsatzgruppe user

Have you read the way angels are described? Throw out the little kids with wings idea, angels are full Lovecraft. Imagine what the guy who created them is like.

Always nice to see the christian hurt feelings brigade roll through. Sorry, you aren't gonna go to heaven and see gram gram when you die lol

Indiana jones was my favorite movies as a kid
and really, this part always bothered me.

DONOVAN?

Then you have and had no idea about mythology.

The following is a description of a Cherubim angel, one of the least of the heavenly host.

>Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

They might be vaguely humanoid, but there's a lot of really weird shit going on. And these are the angels closest to humans.

>angels are full Lovecraft
eh it's more like a final fantasy boss. and it's just the seraphim and cherubim, the other angels look like men.

Better yet how did Indy know not to look? And nobody saw God, just a bunch of succubuses that suddenly went apeshit. God created the 10 commandments. Why can't I stare at the original copy that had since turned to dust anyway? That whole ending made no sense.

And nowhere in the Bible says drinking from the cup of Christ will turn you into something out of Ghostbusters 2. I really think these jewfags are mocking christianity.

bump

>gib cute nazi gf

Shutup cabbie, paying you to drive not to talk.

>implying that wasnt a metaphor for longing to return to it and his slut wife caved in

>Ashkenazi
>Kenazi
>Nazi

What does it mean?

>But the real reason this is in the bible is because if Lot and family did look back at Sodom and Gomorrah, they would see that it was really being destroyed by a war/natural disaster/etc.
Kek

Sodom and Gommorah (1962) was a fun flick too. It was an Old Testament flick. None of that weak ass Jesus shit need apply.

>When Doc Brown nut in Elsa

IM ATHIEST RIIIICKKK

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to get this post.

To lay your eyes on something of Gods will destroy a mere mortal. Same with hearing his voice. It;'s why Moses was given tablets instead of God telling the Israelites all of the mitzvahs.