This is the best IP marvel has made in years and is here to stay prove me wrong

This is the best IP marvel has made in years and is here to stay prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJzmVhnQxKU
comicsalliance.com/marvel-layoffs/
nypost.com/2017/01/07/marvel-executive-set-to-join-trumps-veterans-affairs-staff/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp47DeNAukw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will go to complete garbage the second the original Hastings/Gurihiru creative team is off of it.

>wow people don't like radumb deadpool I don't get it he says all the meme I like
>let's make deadpool a girl
>BRILLIANT
it's mediocre to bad. People wouldn't care if it wasn't drawn by a meme artist group like gurihiru.

>let's mash Spider-Gwen and Deadpool to create our own Harley that in turn is DC's Waypool

Also her book is reaching the cancellation zone

I think it can last if it can go goes a bit darker.

Have you even read it?? The humor isn't like that at all, it's all meta and situational humor becuase she knows she's in a comic. Also as a whole her lighthearted demeanor is refreshing compared to deadpool.

As evidenced by her appearance in "Champions", this is true.

Not a tough goal to reach.

to be fair a lot of other marvel comic too

people are getting sick of relaunch , SJW and events that's starts to affect oscure titles

Have you seen the sales for this and Spider-Gwen? The Gwen meme is over. Flash in a pan.

>Have you seen the sales for this and Spider-Gwen?

Lmao? Check sales, no you fucking nerd.

Yea but there's not doubt this was a flash in the pan. I will say this is far better than spiderman and something in monthly reading pool. It's just a shame that it has the "Gwen" stigma attached which turns a lot of people off.

The Hastings/Gurihiru creative team as well as the nature of the story itself have me doubting the long term potential of this character.

Gwenpool's appeal is fundamentally different from Deadpool (and I don't mean the fact she's a girl) and I think there's room for both of them in the MU. Especially now that Gwen's book is taking a more emotional turn and isn't just ebin memes all the time.

Kamala Khan.

What about her?

>actually make a character that fits Marvel's diversity quota without being written terribly
>pass her around to a myriad of shit writers, ruining her character in every book but her own
I fear the day she appears in a movie/TV show.

Waid is doing his best to kill the potential of the character.

Marvel found a gold mine with pic related. So much potential. Nobody gives a shit about Carol so she was accepted more easily than Dick's replacement and other legacy heroes.

Too bad she gets involved in events and other shit that ultimately harm her own book.

This is true.

Every other appearance of her outside her book is a more terrible version of Waypool.

>I fear the day she appears in a movie/TV show.
Rumours are she's supposed to co-star in a TV version of the New Warriors that focuses on Squirrel Girl.

>tfw you thought best guy escaped the ethnic teen hero black hole since he wasn't dragged into Champions but then that faggot Chulk invades his own book

Has Miles appeared in anything?

>swn crawl out of your widescreen

Yes.

He's also the centerpiece of the next event and somehow played a big role in the climax of the last one.

I see shit like this and instantly assume it's Mephisto trying to eat my marriage.

L I T E R A L L Y K A M E N R I D E R

It's just yet another male hero with tits variant piece of crap.

But Gwen is totally different than Wade. The relation is name only.

>is here to stay prove me wrong
Marvel is full of idiots without editorial supervision so they'll fuck it up and burn everything to the ground.

Oy vey user remember continuity is purely an obstacle!

Pretty much. This is the team that should've been on Squirrel Girl. Gwenpool is a shitty idea with a great writer and artist keeping it good. As soon as they leave, this turns into a shit pumpkin with diarrhea.

>continuity is purely an obstacle

There are 2 of these fucks on one timeline 50% of the time.

>Squirrel Girl

No she's just a shit hero concept, nothing can make her good. End this meme

>only two Hawkmen
You got off light

>tfw gurihiru will never be on Ms Marvel or Squirrel Girl instead of Gwenpool

Well he's got his hands on Gwenpool too, so...

BUT SHES SO RANDOM AND QUIRKY LolOlOlOlOlOllLllOL. LOOK HOW FUNNY SHE IS USING SQUIRRELS AS A SUPER POWRR

Deadpoool the Duck is 3x better than gwenpool ... and that's saying something

>Gwenpool
>completely unrelated to Gwen and Deadpool
Why is that allowed?

Even Marvel knew the very concept of a Gwen Stacy + Deadpool fusion as an actual character was full retarded, so they tried to turn it into her own thing.

Better this way, frankly. Just look at Spider-Gwen. Cool outfit does not make a good character

>[Robbi Rodriguez autistically screeching in the distance]

>tfw if Gwenpool gets cancelled she effectively literally dies
>tfw it would be totally in character for Gwenpool to be self aware of her book getting close to cancellation numbers and therefore having a nervous breakdown as near-death approaches

His books aren't fantastic, but they're enjoyable at least when he's actually in them. Spider-Gwen can't make that claim

Can't we just ignore that steaming pile of garbage? I've been suffering from autistic fits of rage for a day after that preview.

God fucking dammit.

Are you confusing the new ghost rider with the artist who made spider gwen's costume?

>3 issues of Ghost Rider are out.
>He's in like 6 pages all together.

>tfw 2 pages of Nova #2 made me like the Champions a lot more than their actual book
It's simple. We get rid of Waid.

No, I assumed user meant that ANGR's cool outfit made him a good character. That's what his comment read like.

ANGR might not be *great* but it IS enjoyable, so there is more than just "cool costume". Spider-Gwen has literally nothing but the costume

Yeah, just like we got rid of Bendis. Oh. Wait. Marvel is so intent on producing complete garbage and killing momentum on every book as soon as possible it's not even funny. If Marvel was a person, he'd be on a constant suicide watch.

>If Marvel was a person, he'd be on a constant suicide watch
If Marvel was a person he'd basically be a real life version of 90% of the characters in Arrested Development.

Would the MCU be the cool, ladies man, who still think his brother is cool and makes the Marvel feel inadequate?

Ok, this has potential.

The only other IPs Marvel has made since Runaways are Silk and Spider Gwen. Not saying much man.

No one mentioned ANGR. Robbi Rodriguez is the artist for Spider-Gwen.

I think you've just successfully convinced me to give up alcohol, user

I haven't felt this stupid since I was 16

it's not even an ip, it's a derivative

kill yourself

If only Marvel still had good writers.

>totally different
>a female merc for hire with a mouth
>breaking 4th wall
yeah, REALLY DIFFERENT
also Sonichu is TOTALLY not ripped off from pikachu and sonic

He and Khamala were both in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.

Squirrel Girl can't carry a book in the first place. She's best when she's used sparingly.

>This is the team that should've been on Squirrel Girl.
That's not how you spell "Silk" (although ideally either Lee would never have left or Chen would be doing the interiors as well as the covers).

>I fear the day she appears in a movie/TV show
I'll assume you mean "live action"
youtube.com/watch?v=CJzmVhnQxKU

>If only Marvel still had good writers.
That won't help until the they undo the Great Editorial Purge of 2011, user:

comicsalliance.com/marvel-layoffs/

And *that* won't happen as long as Jewmutter is Jewing the place up (although he's going to be preoccupied Jewing up the VA Hospital system under Mango Mussolini so who knows?)

nypost.com/2017/01/07/marvel-executive-set-to-join-trumps-veterans-affairs-staff/

You'd need to drop half the staff at this point

Perlmutter is more interested in penny-pinching than running a good company

Alonso is worthless as an editor-in-chief and is most likely the culprit behind the endless event waves.

Then you have the few remaining editors like Brevoort

and at the bottom you have the trash writers they still have left.

>Have you even read it?
yes and it tries hard, without achieving anything remotely funny or interesting.

>Alonso is worthless as an editor-in-chief
This is known.

>and is most likely the culprit behind the endless event waves.
This I doubt: even with the ( really REALLY obvious at this point ) diminishing returns they're *still* a net win; because if all you do is count the beans the fact that the new 003, 004, 005 issues are selling lower than they would have been expected to w/o Yet Another Relaunch is offset by the still quite large bump most 001's still get ( ie the total units shifted is still a bit higher with than without even though it's less every time and even though it's clearly hurting the long term readership ); likewise the Big Events still pull in the $$$ ( even if the tie-in bumps have shrunk to the point of being nearly non-existent ). Look at Civil War II's reveiws and you see that everyone thought it was fucking awful ( and not a few were calling it out as a rushed cash grab before it even came out ) ... but even being one of the worst selling Events in the last decade it was STILL in the top 5 consistently.

It's your classic "killing the goose that laid the golden egg" situation where people with an eye to the bottom line and THIS QUARTER'S PROFITS will gleefully destroy a company's long term earning potential because, fuck it, they can always sell off their stock and jump to another company (it's just a job, not like any of them give two shits about whatever the company actually makes/does or about the people who work under them).

>continuity is purely an obstacle!
At least continuity not mattering lets me ignore non-hastings gwenpool stuff.

As much as I hate it, you're right. Just hoping they stay on the book long enough to set a tone and characterization that lasts.

B L A C K E D and ruined forever. Just like Spider-Gwen. Damn, all Gwens are fucking disgusting whores.

>BLACKED

Uhhh...

Did you stopped reading after their first meeting?

>Not recognizing the typical dindu mating dance
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp47DeNAukw

Don't forget Chris Brown, chokes so good the bitches come back for me

It'll be a sad day. I don't want this cute ride to end.

Marvel Comics would be the grumpy brother who used to do cool things but is now in a rut and constantly looks for approval.
MCU would be the younger, popular brother who still sees the good in his big brother, even when everyone else tells him there's no chance he can get back up again.

They realized they had a cool outfit and reverse-engineered a character to wear it.

Gwenom ongoing when

I love Gwenpool but my LCS has fucking dozens of back issues they can't sell and this trend is holding across all comic book stores. They'll cancel her outright or pull Gurihiru off the series and kill her that way.

>but even being one of the worst selling Events in the last decade it was STILL in the top 5 consistently.

You have to keep it in this perspective: for a Marvel comic it sold well, and it did sell better than Bendis' Age of Ultron, Aaron's Original Sin, and Remender's Axis. (I don't know how well their respective tie-ins sold, though)

But the problem is the prior year they had Secret Wars so they know an event should be selling better. And even though people believe that movies don't influence comic sales (for the most part it is true, but a few comics do briefly get a sales spike when a movie or TV show is being done) it's obvious they deliberately did Civil War II to capitalize on Captain America Civil War. So they probably intended to sell more than they actually did. In fact, they leaked the death of Banner to get sales, too, but that was quickly forgotten WHILE THE EVENT WAS STILL GOING ON.

Honestly this post from SA hit on some good points why Marvel isn't doing as well as they used to.

That person is overestimating the amount of new fans Marvel has brought in to replace the old. tumblr fans don't exist according to Bay Area Retailer (or if they do, then they only buy trades and digital which are still a fraction of what floppies do)

THAT could be interesting but it's not happening

>That person is overestimating the amount of new fans Marvel has brought in to replace the old.

Sales on Marvel stuff from Marvel Now up until Secret Wars I think was doing a lot better than it was during the 2009-2011 period, so that poster isn't entirely wrong.

Plus it would explain why sales dropped when ANAD happened. I think there were stories of retailers who said customers dropped Ms Marvel when it relaunched at #1.

I do really like Hasting's writing but even I have to admit that the Gurihiru-less issues feel much weaker than usual.

I don't know, maybe it's just the inherent cuteness in Gurihiru art but I feel like no other artist captures her quite right.

It's the eyes. Gurihiru draws Gwenpool with these matte, flush, almost fabric looking eyes. Everyone else draws her with super bold black rims and lenses/goggles.

That isn't the case in any of my LCSs in Seattle, I'll say. They might have a dozen or so between them at any time.

>mfw this comic is the first capeshit I've read continuously since Uncanny X-Force

Yeah it's my first in a while as well.

The closest thing Gwen Poole has to a boyfriend is a pasty white (dead) boy from West Virginia.

>I fear the day she appears in a movie/TV show.
be grateful that she never will then

This series unironically got me back into comics.

He's just like me, but I'm only dead on the inside! Just like everyone else in West Virginia.

that's really sad user

Explain

You should try reading used toilet paper.

I responded to the wrong post, actually.

I meant this guy because even if you look down on capeshit, which I don't blame people for, that's just kind of silly to think this is the best of the lot right now

I've tried, but Hellcat and Justice League didn't to it for me.

Gwenpoolfags are entering the denial stage I see.

The line weight and proportions too. Gurihiru tend to draw Gwenpool rather petite/compact and tends to avoid extremely thick lines and heavy shading, which condenses and softens her figure and emphasizes the "cute" factor that's become ta big part of her appeal.

Drawing her with standard super heroine proportions with the standard heavy shading and line weight like does and that aspect of her personality gets lost.