And to The Surprise of No One. Hiveswap is delayed. Again

Andrew Hussie Updated again, and he says it's just about done, but needs some bug fixing.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/oqEWJ
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15
rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/15/undertale-launched-a-year-ago-today
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Wow, I hate Hussie
>Act 6 was a mistake
>Kanaya and Katnep spam
>I HATE DAVEKAT
>2 months until Davekat
>More shipping trash
>waaaah I hate Vriska
>waaaaah what's the point of Karkat
>I wish Karkat would suck Vriska's 8ulge

Thread over.

Karkat's Cheeks

People still care about Hiveswap?

Several weeks of bug fixing. And shirt money. Because yes, with a scant four days left in the month he just realized that it needs several more weeks of work, thank you Andrew this is what everyone wanted.

He's a liar and shouldn't be trusted by anyone

Is he trying to have a pissing match with the Prequel guy over who can starve the readership the longest without it actually dying?

>tfw Davekat is now more likely, because he needs the fujoshit money to fund Hiveswap

Prequel guy isn't a thief though

Despite everything I still want it to be good. Partially because I'm hoping it can somehow recapture the magic of early Homestuck, and partially because I spent $100 on that kickstarter four years ago when the hype was at its apex.

It's never going to come out, is it?

Even if it does its only act 1 so it's going to end on a cliffhanger

>And to The Surprise of No One. Hiveswap is delayed. Again
Jesus christ.
How can anyone trust this man any more?
Even if/when hiveswap comes out, it will more than likely be entirely disappointing at worst and dull at best, assuming its not filled with pandering bullshit like davekat.

I felt bad for him when all his money was stolen by the kings quest guys, but it faded fast when I realized- even if that did happen, its almost entirely HIS fault
He didnt shoot for the moon, he shot for pluto a never got close.

How could he even announce this so late when they had a projected release 2 months ago
You usually announce that when your game is done or 95%ish so what the hell?

I'm talking about the SBaHJ update

AND according to the news post, he's got something else under his sleeve, which is either holding him back from working on the game completely, or it's just taking up more time regardless.

All of this for Act 1 of a game that people are starting to lose hope in as the days go on, if they haven't already.

Roxy > Jade > Jane > Rose.

>that one fic where Dave timeclones himself to satisfy all four of them
>has to creampie three times and watch his clones die from exhaustion
>and they are still not satisfied

I'd assume that's Hussie's secret project to be released/announced alongside the release of Hiveswap

Who's revving up their laugh for when the reviews come in and it's shit?

Oh man, it's gonna be a good one.

They're friends with Zoe Quinn so I'm sure if she opens her flappy cunt lips a couple of times they can at least score some reviews along the lines about "Hiveswap is a game that's not really a game - and that's a good thing."

Oh and of course Hussie didn't actually post this update on the Kickstarter - he did post the "Hey guys pls greenlight the game on Steam" update though:^)

archive.is/oqEWJ

A delayed game can become good, but a bad released game is forever bad.

And sometimes you need to pull the plug and end this nightmare.

Except we have nothing indicating this game is in develomment hell. usually, "the game need some bug fixes" means it's already in beta.

>game is almost over
>let's cancel it

It's almost as if you desire fuel for complaining.

He shouldnt pull the plug NOW
but it shouldnt have ever happened like this, hussie made a lot of mistakes with this thing, and he left a lot of people in the dark while developing it.
It might not have been "develoment hell" but it was damn close to it

Its going to be a guessing game how the final product will be and if it was worth it, but you seriously cant say any of the decisions hussie made on it were good ones.

it'd def be more fun than the game

>, but you seriously cant say any of the decisions hussie made on it were good ones.
I can't say it, but I can't say he didn't made good decision either. This is basically someone making a video game from scratch with almost no experience before hand.

Making no mistake was basically impossible. what remain to be seen is if he learned from them and outgrew them.

Buddy, you've seen the snapchats, the neutered burrito boy who wrote them is writing all of Hiveswap, 100%. He isn't creative, funny, or entertaining at all.

I've been wanting nothing but failure and disappointment for Andrew for years. I've been revving up this laugh since 2014.

Karkat's feet

This is incredible. Any sort of comeuppance for Andrew and his cronies would be cathartic. The game has to fail, they don't deserve a god damned thing.

>I spent $100 on that kickstarter
dude, you could have the game at just 15$.

Whatever you paid additionally, it was just for the reward, not the game

>Buddy, you've seen the snapchats,
Honestly, some of them were good, Also, he is the writter because Hussie is the director, the same way Kojima is the director, the same way Sugar is the director.

The one with the final word is still Hussie.

Which ones.

Which ones were funny.

And if you say "the ones that imply Jane's a dominatrix." I'm going to backhand you that whole plot was a wet fart of nothing.

>Honestly, some of them were good, Also, he is the writter because Hussie is the director, the same way Kojima is the director, the same way Sugar is the director.
>The one with the final word is still Hussie.
Hussie is a shell of his former self and has been done with the HS universe for a long time now
even if he is personally overseeing everything, he still let these fucks do irreversible damage to his creation because he doesnt give a fuck.

Even sugar knew when to pull the plug on someone getting too pander-y to a specific ship.

The halloween one, with Rose and Kanaya dressed as each other's mom and John's comment on the state of movies in 2011.

>Hussie is a shell of his former self and has been done with the HS universe for a long time now
That's you speculating.

I know I am not in the majority, but I actually think Homestuck was great up until Game Over included.

And after that there was still good moment, like Jade's final log.

All in all, I think Homestuck could have been a satisfied ending if it had got more material between the final fight and Act 7.

I don't think Hussie is a Shell of himself, but that he had a burn out and wanted to finally wrap up Homestuck and it was rushed out in the and because of that.

hussie mistake was to take on two projects at the same time.

Had he put the money on some bank account with safe and low interest rate to rest while he fully dedicated himself to the end of the comic, I think we would have got a much better ending.

aLso, let's be honest, a lost of SJW haters saltiness are making it much worst than it actually is. Davekat or no Davekat, it change absolutely nothing to the quality of the comic, in good or bad.

Homestuck was great until all their characters lost their voices and started talking in the same way.

Oh my, this is going to be a thing specially with cohen working for her. I feel bad for whoever buys it.

So, for you Homestuck never stopped being good?

Everything you're saying is roughly and arguably true, but the fact that it didn't get more material between the final fight and Act 7 rendered virtually every plot thread and character arc moot, and the terrible writing revolving around the retcon, Vriska's revival and wider treatment by the narrative, and so many integral characters ending up being dead ends are a very grimy tarnish on a seven-year legacy.

anime fan on prom night ['spoiler]

Inafune was more of a businessman than a game developer.

Hussie is neither.

>>I wish Karkat would suck Vriska's 8ulge
this is my favourite tho

It is pretty solid.

Remember Act 5, when Vriska was a good character, even if you hated her guts? Maybe especially if you hated her guts?

I liked Homestuck, warts and all. I still like it.

>Davekat or no Davekat, it change absolutely nothing to the quality of the comic, in good or bad.
Davekat as a ship wasn't the problem, it was just one of many symptoms of something more fundamental. Every character in Homestuck lost their individual voice and character development to either dump exposition or just be fanart bait.

>Toby Fox knew not to throw his lot in with Hussie for the long term beyond making music

I think a lot of us ultimately feel this way, deep down inside, but it hurt us so badly in its final moments that we can't really step back and see it for all the good it was, since it ended up throwing away the potential all that good afforded it.

I think most of us were prepared to forgive its flaws on that final night before Act 7 went online. A good ending would have made everything okay. But it didn't get that ending, and so the reconciliation was withdrawn and replaced with bitter disappointment and hurt.

>I think a lot of us ultimately feel this way
Homestuck was good for only just over a year, and was either bad or non-existent after that. Both in terms of pagecount and duration, good Homestuck is way outweighed by bad Homestuck. At some point, you stop having something you liked warts and all and start having something you hate that just happened to have patches of non-wart.

It's a shame what Toby didn't see coming was that his own pet project would attract the very same fanbase Homestuck did. You should look behind the curtain sometime, the dude is more or less traumatized by what happened to Undertale and he wants nothing more than for that game to be forgotten entirely. The upside is he's rolling in the dough.

You're being silly. Homestuck was more good than bad until the Gigapause tipped the scales.

do i dare ask where to read up about that

>It's a shame what Toby didn't see coming was that his own pet project would attract the very same fanbase Homestuck did.
That is such bullshit. You don't make a game like Undertale that is so perfectly suited to the Homestuck fanbase by accident. Sure, he might not have realized how much of that fanbase he would go on to capture and wasn't prepared for the scale of it, but he knew exactly what he was doing and has the bank account to prove it.

Boy you sure wasnt here on Sup Forums undertale threads before it released.

>Every character in Homestuck lost their individual voice and character development to either dump exposition or just be fanart bait.
Not true.

Act 5 and 6 were definitely not more good than bad. There were redeeming qualities here and there that got rarer as time went on, but that is all they were

Act 5.2 is the masterpiece of Homestuck.

>Act 5 and 6 were definitely not more good than bad.
Disagree, strongly.
Both Act 5 and Act 6 are consistantly good and funny up until Game over, and after that, it's overal more good than bad.

And the badness after Game Over is mostly due to absence, to plot threads being abandoned or killed. It was not due to the actual content being bad.

Most of the lilypad logs were like being in Dante's version of Hell.

>Most of the lilypad logs were like being in Dante's version of Hell.
Are you kidding, most of the lilypad convo were fucking hilarious.
Espacially Dave losing his shit around Roxy.

>Prequel guy isn't a thief though

That's true- what he did was closer to fraud.

What did he meme by this

>someone likes the ending
>they don't speak fluent english
gets me everytime

I feel like this is like, the fifth "other project" he's vaguely announced and never got around to completing.

This Is Most Displeasing

I Understand He Was Fleeced By Scoundrels Yet He Cannot Afford More Blunders

John Is Our Guy

>Autism

'Most' is extremely generous my friend.

You know what pisses me off the most about this? The fact that he isn't even saying sorry or offering any form of apology, the bare fucking minimum of what he should be doing for all of this. He even has the audacity to ask people to buy his merchandise, it's just disgusting.

I haven't been counting but the number of times Hiveswap has gotten delayed might be bigger than the number of times Lauren Zuke had to take the tenth grade.

>Several weeks
That's six months in Hussie years.

Shit, I didn't even notice. Has Hussie ever apologized for causing us grief with these delays and setbacks?

Personally, I bought the game and soundtrack. So at least one of them will be good.

I vaguely remember feeling bad for people who backed the game at the higher tiers only for their merchandise to be sold separately a year or two down the line.

>I spent $100 on that kickstarter
god bless you for reminding me that dropping $45 on Mighty No. 9 did not in fact make me the world's biggest loser

Does anybody care at this point?

Like, really?

Hiveswap is the most monumental disaster of kickstarter as far as I am concerned.

But I also wanted to bitch about Caliope, lament how good Roxy used to be and gush over how John is the best character regardless of whether breath relates to freedom.

look at this dude
oooooh no no no no

Not that I'm aware of. Off of the top of my head I can't even think of a single time Hussie apologized for anything. He's retracted things, but has he ever said something like sorry? Hell, look at the Kickstarter updates, the one that popped up after the one year of silence and the greenlight doesn't even say sorry, and just says that the fact that the greenlight page got the new trailer before the kickstarter page did was an "unfortunate oversight". I never noticed this before, and now I'm just simmering at the gall of him and whoever he's hired.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Please tell me you are the owner of that screen shot and it's not someone else's shame you're misapproriating.

It's mine but it's not for hiveswap.

Well what's it for then?

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15

rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/15/undertale-launched-a-year-ago-today

Reminder that if you're upset with Hussie and how he's treated you, whether as a backer of Hiveswap or simply a reader of Homestuck, you can make a difference. You can get some of your own back and make him confront the fact that he's alienated everyone. You can not pay for Hiveswap when it releases, and advise all your friends to pass on it also. Pirate the game if you still want to play it. Don't let him be rewarded for his decisions and his behavior, both of which have been unacceptable. If this game bombs, he will be forced to confront what he's done wrong. It's the most we can do.

Homestuck bombed already, so why would he learn from this?

that's a lot of titty monsters I see

He chose to neglect Homestuck in favor of Hiveswap, and as far as Homestuck goes, he just wanted it over and done with. There's money involved in this, and money talks.

It has titty monsters and monster titties

It's strange to see Toby adopt the public persona of a saint due to the themes of his game, knowing what he's actually like outside of that from the past.

What do you mean?

His old Sup Forums sense of humor is preserved in his Halloween Hack, which he has tried to disown.

He briefly dated Shelby, who used him to get in with Hussie's inner circle and further her dreams, after she had already discovered her sexuality and pretended to be straight before on top of that.

He rather desperately and pathetically attempted to court ipgd when she was first introduced to Hussie in person.

That's the full rap sheet I've got. Dude's alright. Won't have any trouble getting ladies now.

What is the Homestuck equivalent to The Living Daylights?

Whatever happened to Shelby anyway?

She makes terrible webcomics, helps make the snapchats, and is an artist for Hiveswap.

all i remember about toby was that he made an anti-industry environmental post once on his old tumblr that was SO BAD he had to delete and publicly apologize for it
i think there's more than a few reasons he just deleted his entire tumblr around the time undertale came out

>an anti-industry environmental post once on his old tumblr that was SO BAD he had to delete and publicly apologize for it
How do you do this? Why would he be forced to apologize for being environmentalist on Tumblr?

all i remember about him is he once threw scooby snax onto the stage at a protomen concert