Was this the worst written, worst researched else world written?

Was this the worst written, worst researched else world written?

>God (or something never explains) wipes out all the super powers.

>Now only people who relied on technology are heroes and villains ( except for the atom who I will just assume they never researched that he was tech based)

>Superman becomes an alcoholic and Lois Leaves him

>Super girl, martian manhunter, aquaman and flash meet with batman to train (Bat-wank, also how does aquaman lose his "powers" there not powers hes Atlantian )

all in all painful to read

Don't forget the Lantern rings stopped working even those are technology.

Don't forget that WonderWoman turned to Catholicism

>Superman becomes an alcoholic and Lois Leaves him

Isn't that just the plot of Superman 3?

Wouldn't Wonder Woman turn into a pile of clay?

you're mad about Aquaman losing his powers but not the three aliens that only have "powers" due to the differences between earth and their home planets?

>Reading Starman
>Suddenly everyone's powers stop working
>the Shade shows up and saves the day

Weeeeeeird

The Weird thing this supergirl is Linda.

Whom Gods Destroy was fucking weird.

Pic related. Behold: Superman, turned into a total asshole centaur by Greek gods. Later, because he was such an asshole after magic made him one, other Greek gods will punish him by turning him into a young human girl.

Also Nazis.

Worst Wonder Woman (as in Diana) Elseworlds but has the best end for Superman (and Lois and Lana).

Claremonts BDSM/mind control fetish in full vigor.
Fun read.

That and the fact that Kyle spent the entire book training just so he could beat up Sonar and then died. Like what the fuck.

Even worse was this idea that the heroes were "arrogant" about their powers and needed to be taught "a lesson" in humility and be more like Batman. Even though Batman is the most arrogant and egotistical of them all.

I kinda wanna read it, anyone want to story time it or provide a download link.

Man some batfags are really out there and make it real obvious they're batfags

So Kamen Riders would be unaffected by this with the exception of some? (Wizard)

Elseworlds always butcher Wonder Woman's character.

I became a comic fan and Wonder Woman fan with the DCAU, then i got into comics with Kelly's JLA and Jimenez's Wonder Woman. Once i started to buy the previous issues along with the Elseworlds i got hit hard by all the terrible writing and treatment of the character. The comics almost killed my liking for the character;

Couldn't Zeus just give Wonder Woman, his daughter, powers?

Why cant the Wizard intervene on Billy's behalf?

Why aren't the Green Lanterns investigating Earth to see what made one of their rings utterly useless?

Surely there's something in the Fortress of Solitude that could help Superman out?

Holy fuck this makes no sense.

oh wait this is an elseworld people are talking about

what fucking mid 90s DC Event am i thinking of?

Wasn't Kamen Rider Amazon created by some ancient ritual?

Genesis, aka "they let John Byrne write an event and it was nothing but very fine New Gods continuity wank"

Any non-tech Kamen Riders would be wiped.

That means the magic/spirit and organic based riders are gone. I'm sure there's a category I'm missing.

It's certainly down there in terms of straight up garbage, but it really is the lack of research and all the inconsistencies that push it into the pantheon.

>Surely there's something in the Fortress of Solitude that could help Superman out?

Superman in the story said he thought about going to the Artic to die in front of the Fortress of Solitide thanks to the severe cold.

That means quite a number of the Heisei Riders would be affected.

Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki, Kiva, OOO, Wizard and Ghost.

Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Kabuto, Den O, Decade, W, Fourze, Gaim, Drive and Ex-Aid are fine.

Is this the story that ends with Wonder Woman hold a can of supersperm?

Nah, that's JLA: Created Equal.

Never mind all of the innocent people who died as a result of the sudden power loss

What this Elseworlds needed was some depowered superhero going Jesse Custer on God

Yeah, most Elseworlds with Wonder Woman usually result in her being evil/crazy, depowered or dead

Which is a damn shame because there's a lot of Elseworlds potential with her

>Wonder Woman fan with the DCAU
That's not even possible, she's barely a character there and what they do give her is shit.

>doubting the power of all mighty god

You're wrong, though. They didn't delve that much into her backstory, but her personality and use throughout the cartoon was really on point and good.

Rewatch the show.

>Her personality and use were on point
Ah a Batfag then. Because her "personality" was
>I wanna fuck Bruce!
And they used her as
>I really wish Bruce would make me his gf ;)
She never got any focus like Supes and Bats got.

is that as bad as it sounds?

She didn't pined over Batman, she was intrigued by him and flirted with him. She was usually the confident and sassy one in their interactions. The one who pined over her and spilled his spaghetti was Batman.

I was talking more about behavior in the episodes during the missions and her interactions with Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, the Flash and other characters, also the few episodes focusing on her lore. I hate the Hades retcon, though.

Either way she was much better in the show, which drew me in, then in the various Elseworlds she appeared.

Why do you dislike DCAU WW so much?

Batman can fly him over there and protect him.

Holy shit it's still stupid as fuck

user... he said that because the comic depicted Superman as a man who thought of himself as a god first and foremost, and that was now depressed and lost because he felt "normal", felt "mundane", felt "useless".

He only thought about risking his life to go to the Fortress of Solitude to die among the relics of his alien home world. He wanted to die.

it's kinda weird how New Frontier is one of the only Elseworlds that don't screw her up

It kinda does, for a bit. The problem with Elseworlds is that she's always thrown under the bus to prop Superman up or to join him under the bus to prop Batman up.

New Frontier shows her as being delusioned with US's new home policies regarding vigilantes and foreign policies regarding the Indochina War, to contrast with Superman law abiding and patriotic image from the 50's. She was also shown to be ruthless and a believer in the "eye for an eye" kinda of philosophy, to contrast with Superman's pacifistic nature.

But yeah, in comparison to all the other Elseworlds it was a much flattering portrayal.