Anyone use this?

Anyone use this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8iaXrfSztm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just ordered my card last week. Still waiting for it.

You're in for a wait. Took like a month and a half for me

Buy one so the stock goes up pls

Yes. So far, I've seen The Foreigner, mother!, Bladerunner 2049, Wind River, and The Florida Project. It's made its money back so far, and if I had the time, I'd probably go once a week.

I got mine in two weeks

>considered buying moviepass
>didn't because most movies are trash
>missed out on watching Blade Runner 2049 three times per week during its entire run
>mfw
checked

unless you see 2 movies a month you're wasting your time

and don't buy any concessions.
if you buy and popcorn, soda, candy, etc, you've fell for their master plan.

>not stuffing 5-6 granola bars in your pockets and cradling and empty water bottle between your legs to fill up at the fountain
Fucking noon.

>granola bars and stolen soda
ya fucking dummy, bring in jerky and a flask

On that note, I've got one last BR2049 kinoplex visit left in me. what should I bring to snack on?

Bring a gun to shoot yourself you useless little faggot. I hope you die in agony.

>being this off-baseline

Do I need to do anything to activate the card? Or just start using it?

you have to provide your cell phone and interlink it with your account.

This company will go down soon

Ummm wow, really rude user. Wow. You should apologize.

>$10 USD to see a movie
>this is the discount price!

No wonder the industry is failing.

>BR2049 kinoplex
10 dollars to see 30 movies.

shills: not even trying to hide it anymore

It is basically like being an old man at a diner and pulling out a Triple-A card and asking for the “senior travelers discount.” The kids at the ticket counter will sigh and swipe it but not recommended if you have social anxiety in transactional situations.

he's stupid. don't bother.

how?

You can only use Moviepass one time on a single movie. At least that is how I understood it.

>tfw ordered mine
>didn't have to wait for card because theater near my work has the eticketing feature
>go after work and watch whatever is starting then

bullshit

Yea, I waited six weeks to get it in the mail. Since then I have seen about two movies a week. I have a rewards membership at my local kinoplex, and the awards rack up even when using Moviepass (it is processed like a debit card.) As much as I enjoy the service, I am dead set on keeping them form making any money off of me. If you don't mind watching a movie on your own, I would highly recommend it.

>Your $9.95 unlimited MoviePass subscription allows you to see one standard 2D movie every calendar day at any participating theater. We currently do not support (in part or entirety) any enhanced or special screenings that involve an upcharge at the theater. Examples of these would include 3D, IMAX, Fathom Events, DBOX, ETX/RPX, film festival screenings, etc.

>Your MoviePass card can only be used to purchase a ticket to the screening listed on your check-in. Using your card to purchase a different ticket is against our terms & conditions, which can result in your account cancellation.

I assume you didn't start having to pay the $9.99 until you got the card?

just came back from geostorm, which i would NEVER see for full money

i kinda like seeing films i wouldn't go to on my own

i went to 6 films in two weeks

You pay $9.99 when you order the card, then you pay again a month after your card is activated. So the billing cycle is dictated by when you activate the card.

I’ve seen 4 movies w/ it
It’s great and I’m seeing movies that I’d never actually pay for

You are correct, it looks like I had gotten that from an article about Moviepass published over a year ago. With the current policy you should be able to see the same movie multiple times.

>not grabbing popcorn bags from the trash, emptying them out and going for a free refill

This sounds too good to be true. So for 10$ a month, I can watch one movie a day at any theatre?

Ah, just looked closer, $10 per month unlimited?!?!? How is this real???

They are also really bad about responding to customer serice requests. I attempted to contact them twice through the app, and never heard back. But that is kind of a small thing to complain about when you are paying a buck per movie.

it is too good to be true...for the moment, but yeah. Only caveat at the moment is that you have to wait for you card unless you have a theater near you that does the eticketing. Living in the los angeles area, there are only two within driving distance from me, and hundreds that don't do eticketing.

*almost every theater

I think it is something like 95% of theaters. I live near OKC and I think there is one theater that I have found that doesn't accept it.

they're banking on people buying it for the novelty of it, assuming they'll abuse the service for a couple of weeks, and then forget about it and then not use it at all while still paying for it. Crazy gamble

What do you mean eticketing?

How does work when my theater charges $15 for a dolby showing of blade runner

That's more than the fucking monthly

within movie pass they have certain theaters taht have partnered up with them where you can order your ticket through the app, instead of being close to the theater and using the card. You pick your showtime, pick your seat, and then show up and go to a kiosk to get your ticket. Like I said though, virtually no theater is doing this. In the list of 30-50 theaters that show up in the app, only two are doing this

not sure you can use it for a dolby showing, but again, they're banking on people jumping on board thinking it's too good to be true, and then getting bored with it and not going to the movies at all while still paying for it

Probably the best investment I made this year.

In before >shill

If/when they jack up the price I'll likely cancel it. Simple as that.

its a ponzi scheme

The company was recently partially purchased by a data analytics company, so I am sure they are going to try to monetize the data collected via the phone app somehow.

same here

that's not how a ponzi scheme works m8

I'm ok with this

Ordered. Does it really take 5-7 days to arrive or is it more?

it's been exactly 5-7 days for me and I haven't gotten it yet

You'll be lucky if it takes you less than a month. It took me about 5-6 weeks.

But the wait was totally worth it.

It's the kind of shit that only happens when a once-lucrative business used to gouging the fuck out of people becomes extremely desperate. Like Blockbuster saying "fuck it you can keep it as long as you want" near the end.

They may have gotten faster, but I ordered mine in August and it took much longer to arrive. They sent an email notifying me of the delay, and then an email when the card had shipped.

It really isn't considering it's not the theaters doing it.

>a flask
You know most of us aren't old enough to get booze let alone smokes

damn im near baltimore and i see zero within 25 miles
will have to wait for the card

Can you choose your seats beforehand? Or do you only get to choose when you get to the kiosk?

certain theaters (very few too) allow you to pick your seat through the app. If you're buying the tickets with the card at the kiosk, I guess that depends on the theater since the card is literally just a debit card and would be no different if you used your own money

i got it, have been to a movie every day the past 31 days, i cost the company $400 so far. I really hope i end up bankrupting them.

I got a regal on the way to work so i have like 100,000 points too. thats like 6 free tickets

So basically you have to arrive early in order to get s good seat that hasn't been reserved?

>Choose your seat?
The fuck does that mean?
I haven't been to the movies since Arrival came out what's this choose your seat bullshit?

>We currently do not support (in part or entirety) any enhanced or special screenings that involve an upcharge at the theater. Examples of these would include 3D, IMAX

D R O P P E D

Better than me. It's $20 AUS just for one ticket here.

I guess

Why spends $120 buying movie tickets per year?

in the year of our lord 2017, theaters have been allowing you to pick your seat when you purchase a ticket. It started first at premium showings, but has trickled down to basic showings now

if you go regularly to the movies, like say weekly (1 movie a week), and with an average ticket price of like $11 dollars, you end up saving like $450. You can also abuse the service and go multiple times a week, even daily if you wanted.

that's fucking retarded
I miss the ole first come first serve
fuck it I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy that 80 inch tv I've been eyeballing along with the theater seats

>NOT DROPPING KILOBUCKS AT YOUR KINOPLEX EVERY YEAR
PLEBS

THERES ALSO A DANK SUSHI SPOT UP THE BLOCK

there aren't 52 movies released in theaters every year that are worth seeing

there aren't even 12

>that's fucking retarded
it really isn't. Waiting in line like a retard to watch a movie isn't fun. Order your tickets at home at your convenience and then show up literally as the movie is starting is fucking great.

ok. But when it costs you almost nothing, pretty much any movie because worth watching

holy fuck is this what reddit looks like?

trips confirms it

>CANT RESERVE SEATS

LMAO WHAT IS THIS THE 1800S

t. MOVIEPASS SHILL

Took over a month for me to get mine, but I was among the first who ordered after the price drop. They're apparently getting them out quicker now.

Fantastic service though. I've been going to the cinema 4-5 times a month and racking up rewards points so now I'm getting free concessions nearly every movie.

Only took me a week to get the card but I live in NYC. Maybe they're based out of NYC.

Just curious. How do you get rewards points while using MoviePass?

So how does it work? I order this and they mail me like a credit card type thingy and I just scan it at the box office?

>thingy
>asking a cartoon imageboard instead of googling

kill yourself

You all seem to be experts though

better to just kill yourself, still

Sign up for your theatre's reward card and use it when you use your moviepass to pay.

The moviepass card is literally just a debit card. When you use moviepass to buy a ticket, it's as if you used your own credit or debit card. A rewards card doesn't discriminate.

See above. Sign up, get card, be near theater, buy ticket.

youtu.be/8iaXrfSztm4

All you need to know.

I literally watch a movie everyday with movie pass