Should Dick Grayson go back to being Robin? Given how everyone thinks back to Dick when people say Robin...

Should Dick Grayson go back to being Robin? Given how everyone thinks back to Dick when people say Robin, I'm surprised they haven't said, "Fuck it, he's Robin again."

Should Spider-man go back to being a 15 years old virgin nerd?

No. That would be worse than making him Batman.
I know they did that, but it was stupid.

>The minds behind the MCU

If anyone deserves to take up the cowl after Bruce, it's him.

He's perfect as Nightwing. Sexy adventures being hit on by women and older men.

It was good as a short term thing but I never liked the idea of him being that way for long.

Isn't this what they actually doing in his upcoming movie?

And to answer your question op. No, because this means that DC would've to erase the rest of the robins which is something that fans would definitely not be happy with.

Dick has created his own identity, he's grown and moved beyond Batman. Yeah, Bruce is his father (adoptively) but to make him Batman (or Robin again) would literally be undoing years of character development.
Or maybe I'm just a fag and don't know what I'm talking about.

To be fair, that happens any time Spidey gets adapted.
The original movies, Amazing, Spectacular, Ultimate (comic and cartoon), etc.

>Or maybe I'm just a fag and don't know what I'm talking about
Considering that you think Bruce is his adoptive father prove that you don't.

Which Dick do they actually mean? I have a hard time imagine those people read the old stories when he was Robin.

He was Robin in the movies, the Batman cartoon, and both TT shows. He's pretty much ingrained as the Robin in the public consciousness.

Didn't Dick live with Bruce after his family died? That's adoption, isn't it?

They probably think the ones from all of the cartoons, which always looked and felt more like Tim to me, despite being called Dick.

Robin in the cartoons was always mixed of Dick, Jason and Tim.

Bruce offered to formally adopt him though. I just don't remember if Dick actually took him up on it.

Not only the cartoons, but even the movies.

BatDick was great fuck off

He was his ward which is different.

It happened in GK when Dick was in his 20s and was never brought up again.

huge nitpicking here, faggot.

Bruce was functionally an adoptive father for Dick and Jason. And he did FORMALLY offer to become it as well eventually

Read the thread before you respond, idiot.

And I will let this panel speak for itself.

I'd rather he stay as Nightwing and fuck his harem.

>Or maybe I'm just a fag
You are a fag, but that's neither here nor there

Dickbats was the best thing that happened to Batman in years, ended too soon probably due to corporate synergy

Why?
Most people know him as Robin. That's like wanting Carol to stay as Captain Marvel.

Joe quesada thinks so

reverting comics back to do the same thing that's already been done is a poisonous mentality that's far too common

It doesn't need to spread to Dick going back to Robin

>reverting comics back to do the same thing that's already been done is a poisonous mentality that's far too common
And yet it worked with Barry Allen and Hal Jordan.

He should go back to being Batman. Still one of the biggest missed opportunities in comics history.

It would never work.
Too many people associate Bruce Wayne with the Batman identity.

There's no such thing as moving beyond the mantle of Batman for a street hero, especially if you were his first partner.

It worked beautifully for over a year.

It should have lasted for at least one more year. It was a great time to be a Batman fan.

>Hal
Yes

>Barry
Not really

Seconded.

I was just getting back into comics after a long absence while it was happening. It might be the pinnacle of traditional superhero comics. I'll never forgive DC for killing it before its conclusion.

Dickbat was only good under Morrison and even Damian still have more personality than him in that run.

I dont even feel like I should justify this thread with a reply but fuck no.

Pleb please kill yourself before I send them after you

I agree and I think a lot of fans would have eventually get bored with him and would start demanding for Bruce Wayne to come back sooner or later if it lasted longer.

Why not?

Cause its a dumbass question. Dick Grayson IS the reason legacy characters exist. He was the first sidekick to shed his skin and evolve past the character he was created for. If you don't know that Dick helped shape current comics you don't know shit.

Snyder still hasn't even come close to writing anything as good as the Black Mirror. Batman and Robin after Morrison left was still great. Dini's Streets of Gotham also shits all over every non Inc. book we got post reboot.

It is a poisonous mentality when done wrong. But the thing is they'll do it anyway because the industry is dying and they need something to drag readers to buy it.

lol and you think Dick as Robin is what they'll do to make a difference

Also the industry dying is a meme, sales are up AND have survived worse

No, character regression is bullshit and Jason, Tim and Damian are too valuable to get rid of. Besides if it was going to happen the new52 was the time to do it and that ship has sailed

We have enough Robins as is without Dick going back to being one.

That said, I've always kind of wanted a story where Dick and Bruce team up and Dick briefly puts on the Robin outfit again. I have no idea why, and I never had a real scenario in mind to go with it.

>and they need something to drag readers to buy it.

I've seen this sold in Target stores, and the toyline is doing well.

What if *every* Robin came back?
Have them wear different colors like a Sentai team.

I'd argue that Barry never stopped being The Flash. Sure he was "dead", but he didn't become like a different superhero. He was still The Flash.

And fuck off Wallyfags, he's back; he's the Flash. Barry returning in Final Crisis is one of the greatest moments in comics for me. Definitely the best moment in an event.

That sounds familiar

>posts a pic from the same episode
Wow, you think so?