Which was better?

And why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RScZrvTebeA
youtube.com/watch?v=z_JgOlGq6i4
youtube.com/watch?v=WcLzUZSGT6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Blade Runner for its originality and atmosphere.

2049 is a pale imitation which falls just below parody.

literally the only reason the original is highly regarded is because of how influential it was vfx-wise

2049 trumps it in every way

Weakest bait I've seen in a while.

MUH WAIFUUU

Fucking idiots
Unironically agree

i've only seen the new one. fuck old movies.

Sup Forums - blade runner
reddit - blade runner 2049

no questions

The new one

>better protagonist
>actual detective mystery
>better romance
>expands on the most interesting moments in the original, makes a whole movie about it
>it captures the isolation/ loneliness / lack of meaning in today's existence and mirrors it in a dystopian sci-fi society

I really love the old one but I like the new one better.

This, No one ever talks about anything in the original other than effects and soundtrack. Also the fanbase is fucking terrible, calling it a 10/10 despite having near zero plot, good characters, any motivation for said characters, believable romance etc

It's literally the opposite

2049 was a glib facsimile

>the opposite
>when tourists on Sup Forums are openly admitting to having seen 2049 before the original, or have not seen the original at all

I love the old one but I Luv the new one.

2049 because all versions of the original have flaws
The original has that dumb narration
The director's and final's cut have the HURR DURR DECKARD'S A REPLICANT

I have seen the original. Before you probably. The new one is still better. I'm sorry you're acting like a fucking douche because people feel that way.

People on this board only like 2049 because K is a self-insert for their empty and unremarkable lives.

It's just the meme spics from Sup Forums

Memorable moments in the original
>Roys Monologue
Memorable moments in 2049
>Luv destroying trash people while getting her nails done
>Holographic threesome
>Giant Pink Joi
>K's death

Blade Runner (1982) is the better of the two. It has a simple story with amazing visuals and an awe inspiring score. Blade Runner 2049 is definitely has the more complex narrative of the two, though its score falls on the mediocre side and it contains a few missteps. You know what I'm talking about. Those painful flashbacks, some fairly questionable decisions made by some of the characters, and the replicant army scene. I don't mind the idea of a replicant army, I just think the execution left much to be desired. Nevertheless, they're both excellent films.

The original blade runner is actually interesting and had compelling performances.

The original has better visuals, score, atmosphere and Rutger Hauer's performance in general whereas the new one has a better story, characters and clearer, more realized themes.

What the fuck is this question? The original obviously, anyone saying otherwise is a retarded contrarian

The first one because it is a classic that set the standard for all other cyberpunk films to come.

The second is a surprisingly well made sequel with stunning visuals but still a sequel non the less which brought nothing new to the genre. It's still a much better movie than anything else I've seen in a while and will be one of my top 10 personal favorites.

Why view them as separate?

>Protaganist
-Deckard > K
>Antagonist
-Roy >>>>>>>>>>> some chick (lol)
>Grizzled veteran Cop boss
-M. Emmit Walsh > pale faced lesbian Penn
>Replicant supporting cast
-Leon, Pris, Zora > Dave Batista and the cast of unknowns
>love interest
-Rachael > Joi [hologram? the fuck out of here]
>Scientist replicant creator dude
-Tyrell >>>>>>>>>>> Wallace
>music
-Vangelis >>>>> 2049
>visuals
Original > 2049

2049 is a decent stand alone sequel, but it pales in comparison to the original due to having a weaker supporting cast, and Harrison "I'm here for the paycheck" Ford's shitty old man "acting".

You make Dave Batista the antagonist replicant, instead of some underwear model looking bitch, write out Deckard's character to get rid of Ford, Shitcan Leto as wallace and replace him with an older dude, and hire a fat old dude to play the Cop boss instead of Ellen Degeneres, and you've got a product that's twice as good already.

the original is still brought up over 30 years later as a cinematography masterpiece. 2049 will be forgotten after about a month. is it really even a question?

2049 has a more lucid and defined plot but the original invented the aesthetic and does it way better IMO

New one

The new one didn't make a mistake of copying the old one's aesthetic. Even LA was it's own thing and it had a lot of new things.

2049 easily

Original easily

Never ever thought it could be close...but it be.I mean sure the first is the one with the iconic visuals and influenced a lit of directors and artists. The new one wont have that effect. But if i just compare the two as just any movies... I think i like the new one more

I like the original for its atmosphere and story

But 2049 made me feel more
Also, giant nude Joi

2049. Rosling is a better lead actor than Ford, the extras weren't shit, and people hating on some of the shit scenes in 2049 have their nostalgia goggles on max so they can ignore the shitty scenes from the original.

Props for the original being ahead of its time. Its still a great movie. But 2049 is either equally as good, or marginally better in my opinion.

Seriously Ford is a horrible lead actor.

not to mention the baseline tests
DREADFULLY

This

>that awkward moment when you want the coat from 2049 but don't want to be "that guy'.

i-i-i-im sure it'd look like shit in real life and totally wouldn't be comfy...

I don't think people think that. I think that they want to be him but that they aren't.

/thread

who fucking cares, they both have great soundtracks

youtube.com/watch?v=RScZrvTebeA

youtube.com/watch?v=z_JgOlGq6i4

Blade Runner. 2049 was great but the score was really Mediocre and Leto was a complete trainwreck of a character. Compare that to Vangelis' score and Hauer, there's no match here. The romance arc is far better in 2049 though.

I prefer the original. New one had some amazing cinematography and good soundtrack, but plot and direction were both very weak in my opinion.

Do you guys think in 20 years we'll get a third film about how K and Joi had a baby that ends up fighting for the rights of holograms?

Deckard = K
Roy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luv
As a hitman, Luv > Zhora, Pris and Leon though
Bryant < Joshi
JOI >>> Rachel
Tyrrell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wallace
Vangelis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zimmer
2049 Plot > 1982 Plot

It's already been green lit

See you in 20

fpbp as usual

Seconded

I call bullshit on this. Vangelis did way better than Hack Zimmer
>make some buzzing noise, and everyone will believe it's Vangelis
Not.Even.Close

Neither, they're both shit. The original is a slow boring movie that tries to be "2deep4u" and the sequel is all about fight scenes and speacial effects with no attention to the plot at all.

i think the plotlines in 2049 are the most complex beautiful masterpiece scenes any movie has to offer in a long while. I was blown away by k performance and his arc was the most ground breaking study into character and what it means to be human

I really feel with this post

The new one has 4 fight sights all of which last about a mimute iver a nearly 3 hour film, baiting brainlet detected.

the car noises actually grew on me the second time I saw it.
And there were non car noise tracks that rivaled the original, like the finale or this

youtube.com/watch?v=WcLzUZSGT6Q

2049 was way better. I've always thought the original was pretty overrated though, and mostly just highly regarded for its cyberpunk visuals

Original Blade Runner still has better atmosphere and visuals than. But 2049 didn't try to reboot, it's a new and different movie. I think it needed more immersion in the city like Deckard in the first one. isolation is the main theme of the 2049 so everyone is autistic.