Do you think Danny Phantom could come back?

Do you think Danny Phantom could come back?

Would you want it too?

If it did should they retcon Phantom Planet, or just do a reboot or even a show 10 years in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

aminoapps.com/page/cartoon/8863073/why-was-danny-phantom-cancelled
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Do you think Danny Phantom could come back?
Maybe

>Would you want it too?
Fuck no, Hartman a shit now

>If it did should they retcon Phantom Planet, or just do a reboot or even a show 10 years in the future?
See previous answer for why I couldn't give less of a fuck what they do

It's a failed concept, like Kingdom Hearts

>Kingdom Hearts
>"Failed concept"

Have you ever tried learning what words mean before saying them?

This cartoon was so schizophrenic. One moment it's an action show with some serious moments and next it's a lolsorandom comedy.

His powers always confused the fuck out of me.

Failed execution, then?

what's there to be confused about?

Why is this such a persistent thread here? This show is utterly forgettable tripe and there's not actually any chance of it ever coming back.

In some episodes he can use the power without even needing to "go ghost" and it just seemed pointless, if not for the secret identity why even bother changing?

Maybe
>Would you want it too?
Yes
>If it did should they retcon Phantom Planet
Naw
>just do a reboot
God no
>even a show 10 years in the future
Perhaps

>If it did should they retcon Phantom Planet, or just do a reboot or even a show 10 years in the future?
I actually wouldn't mind it if them made a comic continuation like with Zim

Only if it's done in a certain style that isn't as silly as the original but not completely grimdark.

Basically something akin to Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated or at least Gravity Falls.

I think they should retcon Phantom Planet, there was a lot of stuff left unfinished and the show wouldn't be the same if everyone knew Danny Fenton was Danny Phantom.

Well if it's 10 years later and they're adults it certainly will be more mature

I always assumed he could access a small part of his powers in human form but anything else he needed to switch. We never saw him fly or use the ghostly wail as a human, did we? It was just simple stuff like invisibility and intangibility.

I believe that's how it is across the show, so it seems like an unsaid rule

I'm pretty sure he at least hovered once while being intangible as a human

This is a screenshot I managed to grab from the episode Reign Storm of Danny flying away in human form after overshadowing Dash

Well shit, I don't know then. The writers weren't exactly great with continuity, so the limits on his powers might have slipped around. Or alternatively, he went ghost just to hide his identity and had the same control in both forms.

Personally I like the idea of Danny being able to use weaker ghost powers in human form -and weaker human powers in ghost form- if those even exist.

Something about this show was so dull and forgettable. I think it's the fact that it was so close to being good, but they just didn't do much with the concept or characters. There just wasn't really a point in watching it. It wasn't comedic enough to be funny and it wasn't serious enough to be dramatic.

Although the dad's autopilot in the movie amused me as a lad.

He could try spinning - that's a good trick.

He could only do small stuff while human like turn invisible or intangible. It seemed like he could only shoot blasts from his finger tips in human firm too

Remind me, why was Phantom Planet so bad again?

I actually didn't mind it, but Tucker becoming mayor was a bit much

They left a lot of loose ends, like Valerie wanting to kill Danny Phantom, but at the end we just see her clapping and okay with Danny being half-ghost.

I forgot about that. Why did they do that.

Butch Hartman has hinted at the show coming back a lot, I have a feeling he's trying to convince some higher ups at Nick to greenlight it.

I won't hold my breath

>They left a lot of loose ends
Well, being cancelled with a bunch of plans, thus having to rush out a finale does that to you

True, in retrospect it could have been worse.

Everything happened way too fast and was super cliche, lots of unanswered questions, and half the cast was even more out of character than they typically were in season 3.

>They left a lot of loose ends

I still don't see why they did nothing with the ending of the first Danny Phantom movie. All I remember is that Vlad formed some sort of plan with the knight ghost and they never said what it was.

>All I remember is that Vlad formed some sort of plan with the knight ghost and they never said what it was.
That was something that planned to elaborate on, but like said, they got cancelled

Yeaah, I feel like the show had a lot of potential, and a solid set-up for some good character arcs and interesting villain backstories, but they don't really follow through on them in the end.

They also didn't finish up the Dan Phantom arc

They had planned stuff like Vlad and Fright Knight's partnership, Dani becoming a member of the family, Danny's final battle with Dan Phantom before they got cancelled.

Sucks man, weren't they cancelled because the show was costing too much to make?

According to this:
"Like most Nick shows at the time, Danny Phantom was a very expensive show to make. In fact, the creator Butch, asked Nick for 2 million dollars for the advertising of Ultimate Enemy. At the time Danny Phantom was not very popular, not because it was a bad show, it was because nobody watched the show in general. Nickelodeon then refused to pay for the advertising and animation of Danny Phantom, so Hartman went to several other companies and tried to sell DP to them, but because of the low reviews of the show, they all refused. Hartman had enough budget to wrap the series up, so he thought it would be better to give it an ending instead of leaving the fans on a cliffhanger."

Forgot the link
aminoapps.com/page/cartoon/8863073/why-was-danny-phantom-cancelled

That's a little upsetting, I didn't know he tried to save the show. He obviously to this day wants to bring it back. Hopefully Disney XD or something picks it up.

Sucks that the show wasn't very popular back then. My friends and I were pretty into it, though admittedly by season 3 we had all more or less stopped watching.

>Sucks that the show wasn't very popular back then.
It was incredibly popular seasons 1 and 2, but viewership dropped season 3, which resulted in what they said

Retcon it
A more mature action DC cartoon type of Danny
No more highschool stuff
Think of yuyuhakusho(ghostfighter) without too much of the tournaments

Also bara danny pls

I love Danny Phantom, all two seasons!

No