Its NuMale tier

fuck off, Sup Forumslock

yes

GLtAS was better.

it was ass in the beginning but it picks up

No, it was shit.

No it was quite awful in fact

Minus Ms Martian it's good

Yes, it was. Only the worst marvelcucks would disagree.

It's pretty mediocre. I love the premier, and then hated almost every subsequent episode of season 1. I did feel it started to improve in the last few episodes of season 1, and was generally stronger in season 2, until it just became the Jaime and Bart show.
dialogue was consistently bad though.

Shows has a snail of a slow start, not helped by those who were watching it when it was airing due to CN's scheduling. For these people, we had an entire year of watching Superboy be a cunt with only a little hint that he would get any character development. It picks up in the second half of season one, featuring more of that good shit you expect from Weisman, only to dump all of that when Invasion begins. Adding 20 more characters and subplots while never following on any of them to focus on Blue Beetle and the Reach, it's the kind of thing you'd expect Bendis to write, not the guy who made Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man. Some episodes were good here and there, but it couldn't save a main plot led by the least interesting members of the YJ cast. And all of that shit with the Light felt less like a perfect Xanatos/Norman/Nerissa scheme and more like something Naraku would plan. I just had a resigned sigh when the show was cancelled, and the same reaction when Netflix picked the show up again.

It's a little dry but worth watching. I'd recommend it but not before Justice League

Better than the Justice League shows

Yes

That page in TTGo with starfire describes the show perfectly
Its okay at its best.

Their first season was admittedly better than JL's first season, but it fucks up after that.

Seasons 1 was boring, season 2 got better.

short answer: yes
they managed to tell a new story focusing on those sidekicks and redefining the whole DCAU at the same time. The show is not only one of the greatest animated DC stories ever, is also kind of a degree in clasic DC pantheon and lore.
The story is strong, not only in terms of plot but how it make the characters grow.
The animation is superb, Bourassa is basically the modern Bruce Timm in therms of character design. I´m currently studying anatomyand is amazing how he understand bodies and motion. I also can´t stop admiring how great some of the redesigns are. They know when to keep things classic (Supes, Batman) and when to push things to another level (Dick, Wally)
Pick Aqualad. Still is the best example of how to redesign and actualize a classic comic concept.

I'd say the reverse. Starts good, then kinda falls into suck; especially the prominent focus on Connor and Miss Martian's break up/make up/fake up.

Not my favorite Weisman show, but it's still pretty good.

It was the Transformers Prime of DC cartoons

I'm re-watching it now, I really enjoy it, more so than the first time. The world building and character growth are fantastic, I'm very impressed by how subtly seeds are planted very early on for pay offs down the line (though thats some classic Weissman). I really love this new version of the DCU and the nods to the classic interpetations, like when Garth and Aqualad have that exchange where they talk about Garth taking the Aqualad mantle instead.

Its also very obvious that whoever was behind the show had a strong passion for DC, and seeing a single cohesive universe, full of legacy, the JSA, an expanded JL, and cool shit like the Hall of Justice being the front for the Watchtower, well it all just really warms my heart as a DC fan.

Green Lantern TAS, Spectacular Spider-Man, EMH were all shows roughly airing at the same time and all three were better.

Not at all. If it weren't for Korra and Thundercats both dropping balls harder than puberty it'd be easily the worst anong it's contemporaries as far as action shows go.

So overrated trash with a story that goes nowhere and was inferior to a previous version?

I still hate how Amanda Waller turns into a dumb pawn and Black Adam is reduced to a henchmen. And don't get me started on how bad of a Joker they had.

Miss Martian was cute af in the first season.

But it didn't matter because the Joker was completely irrelevant.

No, it wasn't.

Better than TT show.

Do you like stories where the main heroes never accomplish things on their own?
Do you like shows with cluttered casts?
Do you like antagonists that never lose and always have a contrived plan up their sleeves?
Do you like having a set of annoying protagonists and later having half of them be replaced by a new set of boring protagonists?

If so, Young Justice is the show for you.

Watched the first season and it never ever got better. People say the second season is good, but who knows. It was garbage in a pretty package with deviantart tier writing.

>Was this show really that good?
its episodes were outselling everything else on iTunes at the time.

I didn't say "outselling other shows aimed at teenagers," ALL OTHER SHOWS.

but holy shit the viewers had cunts and those don't buy toys so banished the show was

It's the best superhero cartoon outside of JLU. Sup Forums has no taste.

Antagonist that always have retarded levels of backup plans for their backup plans is boring have the villains and the heroes actually be in the same level but have one constantly outsmarting the other through plot convince

blump

season 1 was perfect, season 2 was too much keikaku and set ups to nothing

Then you'd be bitching about how a secret cabal of adult villains, which include three immortal members and some of the smartest and most influential people on the planet, is losing to teens.

>but holy shit the viewers had cunts and those don't buy toys so banished the show was

Weisman has debunked that again and again. No one bought Mattel's garbage toys, so they had no funding. Khary Payton even implied the GL failure played a role in killing YJ.

nu male detected

>TTGo
>having an accurate portrayal of anything else
lol no

I liked it but it felt like majority of this board hated it just to be contrarian.

>Taking the opinion of someone who has that image saved seriously

>EMH
fuck no it wasn't

the premise is nice but some of the characters are pretty cunty

It only led to nothing cause it got canceled.

Had good character development. Especially after the time skip. Can't forget that time it came back for one week then got canceled for 3 months, people actually started a petition for it to come back lol

I dont get the company wars at all. If you grow up on comics and cartoons and love capes...when the fuck did anyone decide "fuck everyone from that company!"

I fucking loved this show, and I love the MCU, and I love classic comics. Current marvel comics is desperation TP at best though

HELLOOOOOOOOO MEGAN

There's a handful of autists that haven't forgiven the laughter of primarily-Marvel-fans during the Nu52 days, back when the insult was DCasual instead of DCuck.

>Then you'd be bitching about how a secret cabal of adult villains, which include three immortal members and some of the smartest and most influential people on the planet, is losing to teens.

Says who? You?

I would assume so. He made the post.

>Antagonist that always have retarded levels of backup plans for their backup plans is boring

>Villains actually being competent is boring

Can't make this up eh Sup Forumsmblr?

It was a cartoon that didn't entirely hinge on comedy. You don't really see that anymore, even with recent stuff like Trollhunters or Voltron.

There was at least an attempt to make the villains somewhat threatening. They never came close to something like Slade from Teen Titans, but at least there was an attempt.

Some storylines really hit the mark, like Speedy going on a revenge quest against Luthor. If they had more character-focused episodes, instead of bloating the cast after the time skip, we could have had some good development instead of just love triangle bullshit.

There has got to be a cure for autism.

>If they had more character-focused episodes,

They had tons of these though. Superboy and his desire to be more like superman and going to Luthor for help, Artemis and her dysfunctional family, Miss M and her secretly being a white martian...like it really did a good job of giving these characters their own episodes and such. When I see people complain about this show it's always cause of "lol hellooo megan xD" or the teeny bopper romance angles which don't come near to being as insufferable in other media like the CW shows for instance.

Yes. Yes it was.

>teens act like cunts

Woah.

it's godawful and ruined Weisman for me

not only because of amazingly terrible writing but also because of angry and spiteful defense from him

Good enough to get Weisman a third season and break the curse.
Also, the last media piece to feature Billy Batson as Capitan Marvel. I hope he'll appear in new season.

It was pretty good, even if Sup Forumsntrarians like to hate it

holy fuck I don't even remember Black Adam being in this show

I like it. Liked the characters, liked the action, mostly liked the villains, liked how the team developed, loved how the show went places that no other family-oriented superhero show had really gone before in terms of the characters' psychology. However, it has its flaws.

The biggest one is definitely the timeskip. Despite there being good storytelling afterwards in general, it really hurt the show's character development toward the end.

>the teeny bopper romance angles which don't come near to being as insufferable in other media like the CW shows for instance.
Honestly, I thought they were pretty downplayed compared to other shows about teen heroes. Except for a couple moments with Superboy and Miss Martian, the romances weren't nearly as doofy or overdramatic as Terra/Beast Boy or Robin/Starfire in Teen Titans.

I actually wanted more focus on Wally/Artemis because I liked their dynamic and banter a lot

I cant fucking stand teen dram shit. I havent watched a single episode yet i still hate it from the premise and the designs themselves.