Ghost Rider comic

>Ghost Rider comic
>2/3 of the story is about Hulk, Wolverine, and Silk teaming up in a completely different city, without Ghost Rider

why is this allowed?

For stuff like this.

The most bizarre thing is the pacing.

The whole team up is 4 issues, and Silk doesn't even appear until the back half of issue 3. Robbie didn't meet Laura and Cho until issue 3 either, and Robbie won't meet Silk until the last issue. The entire thing plays out like a decompressed origin story, like issue 4 should end with something cheesy like "from now on, we're the circle of four!" of something, but the team up is over after the next issue.

So I thought, maybe they're using GR, which despite somewhat low sales has been very well received critically, as a launch pad for a new FF 3.0 book that will run alongside to GR, and likewise Robbie would be the primary focus or team leader in the new book. Then solicits rolled in, and lo and behold zero FF solicits.

If anything though, the solicits for #6 seem extremely promising, and the few parts where Robbie does show up in the last few issues are all good.

Because current Marvel doesnt know a good thing when they see it, and will fuck over any and all potential. They saw Robbie get popular, partly due to AoS, and decided to use his book as a vehicle to market their next big team no one gives a shit about

AoS didn't even use Robbie's look aside from the jacket and that's the most boring part of him

Robbie has such a great design and not just the skull/engine head, but how he interacts with the car.
His first run had great ideas like him emerging from the car like he was coming out of water.

It's slick and different and does a lot more with the Ghost Rider theme of man and vehicle being connected than any other GR before

But AoS used none of that.
Just a shitty accent and a white striped jacket

If anything though, Robbie getting both an AoS arc and a fancy infinity christmas special makes me think that Marvel at least wants the character to succeed, since I don't think Robbie has done well enough on his own to justify this exposure. Marvel must want him to succeed regardless of his own performance, which is why this team up tanking his book is so confusing.

You know the funny thing is had they gone with a comic accurate look, they could have saved a fortune on effect costs and therefore gain more mileage out of him on the show. But no, we get another generic skull

Robbie don't sell, man.
They gotta shill other characters.

Should've just been a limited series about the Not!Fantastic Four that ends with a Ghost rider solo book being announced.

Is he more powerful than the others GR?

Not necessarily, but his powers are way more interesting.

He's not powered by the spirit of vengeance, he's like an impostor GR. No penance stare, but he can literally just send people straight to hell alive.

Why and how, user. Explane that. He looks like a hollow from Bleach.

Gosh OP, your topic is so interesting you keep making it over and over again.

ghost rider isn't even real

fake news

Robbie has different powers than the other GRs because he's partially possessed by the ghost of his satanist uncle, and he gained his powers after being killed driving the car that belonged to said uncle. He isn't a vessel for the spirit of vengeance.

The similarities to the hollow from Bleach is because Robbie is Latino and the skull is intentionally vaguely day of the dead inspired, and instead of the skull simply being on fire it has an exhaust on its forehead (where he was shot when he was gunned down) that the fire spews out of in order to more closely parallel the exposed engine on his muscle car.

He has a ton of cool powers that the other GRs don't have. Johnny and Danny simply control fire, have the blades and chains, and the penance stare. Robbie can do all kinds of stuff with his car as if it's a part of him. He can teleport to it, he can summon it remotely, control it remotely without having to manually drive it, and phase through it, on top of the car itself being able to pull of extreme feats utilizing hellfire as a catalyst like drive up surfaces or launch into the air in short bursts.

I mean he's basically a Vizard.

Robbie got gunned down after a street race and was possessed by the spirit of his deceased, serial killer uncle, who had bonded with the car before his passing.

Uncle Eli's satanic spirit powers allow Robbie to basically be a shonen anime fisticuffs character with extreme speed and reflexes as well as pyrokinesis. His uniqueness comes from the fact that the car is part of the "Ghost Rider." He can phase through it and teleport to and from it as well as pilot it remotely, allowing for cool bullshit.

They're the New New Fantastic Four!

>Cho punches Robbie's car into the air
>Robbie is still standing on the ground because he phased through the floor as it flew upward and sucker punched him

but if his uncle dickrides mephisto then why is he helping him be a superhero

Thanks, guys. Recently I saw a picture where Robbie was even more like a hollow with bones on the legs.

I don't understand how Eli is so powerful.

His uncle Eli can potentially take over Robbie's body entirely if he's weak and or angry enough, and in the middle of the run he successfully possessed Robbie and used his body to exact revenge on some mobsters who did him in when he was alive. The end game for him is basically taking over Robbie permanently which means he gets to escape hell and roam the earth in a sick immortal demon body

Robbie has to kill people to keep Eli suppressed but it's a catch 22 because killing people directly makes the two of them stronger also. So the two make a deal and Robbie seems to have an "innocence" sense and becomes a pseudo-spirit of vengeance seeking out and killing the absolute worst degenerates he can find.

my guess is that this was originally planned as an arc for either Totally Awesome Hulk or All New Wolverine, but the neither of the crews of those comics wanted anything to do with it derailing their plans, so Ghost Rider got shafted in the process

I understand setting up the team and shit. The real problem is this being the FIRST arc in the new run.

Eli's trying to make Robbie go full edge all the time. Part of the new ongoing's plot is that Robbie's finally starting to slip and go more demonic.

The car powers make him one of the most versatile and fun-to-storyboard characters in the entire Marvel Universe.

Too bad most Marvel writers and artists have literally zero imagination, so we won't get Robbie in other stories doing cool shit like

>Snatching a macguffin and storing it in the car, being chased by the baddie, and then switching the car out for himself right when all seems lost.
>Getting punched into orbit just to calmly exit his car and return to the fight.
>Stomping on someone's face and then summoning the car tire in his foot's place.
>Reaching into the engine and grabbing a belt to tie someone up with.

>I don't understand how Eli is so powerful.
"lolevil i dont gotta explain shit"

Most Marvel superpowers are very, very poorly explained and inconsistent as fuck.

I just really can't help myself but lmao. This is new level of cuckery. Must be really bad being Reyesfag.

>Get a mini before the new ongoing that's just called the ongoing's name because fuck you, sales.
>Otherwise the character is just written organically and never has to deal with dumb bullshit.

>Implying this is anywhere near as bad as what Ms. Marvel and others go through.

Robbie's better off than most characters precisely because nobody cares.

>Robbie hasn't sanded somebody's face off underneath a revving car tire yet

The Hell Charger is just literally a stand except it isn't invisible

No user, the car is just a car.
Robbie is the Stand.

>literally a car

>that time that stupid wigger from Robbie's school tried to steal his car

yeah the angrier and more intense stuff gets the more control Eli has, and the more monstrous they both become. wednesday's issue this week his skull was all horned and charred black and he was vomitting lava after Cho hit him and knocked him to the ground. This image is the cover for April's issue, #6.

Very tokusatsu-esque.

So will become a vasto lord?

> vaguely Day of the Dead inspired

Right, and not because of that other hyper-stylized violent comic Tradd Moore worked on.

No reason it can't be a little bit of column A a little bit of column B.

not really, he becomes more monstrous not more human shaped and smaller.

Man, Luthor Strode 1 and 2 are excellently drawn and composed but fucking TERRIBLY written.

And I don't even know what the hell he was doing with 3, it just looked...wrong.

Did they ever follow up on that skateboarding /fit/ chick?

so...it`s like this but with 387% more of SJW pander?

>SJW pandering
nah it's not like Chamions. Nobody mentions MUH OPPRESSION or any bullshit like that and identity politics don't drag the book down.

Unless of course, you'd consider a team composition aside from all white men inherently pandering.

bump