I haven't seen adventure time since the episode Breezy what the hell has happened since then

I haven't seen adventure time since the episode Breezy what the hell has happened since then

A bunch of bullshit. Stick to early seasons.

>Hasn't seen season 7 or Islands

opinion discarded.

A lot of awesome shit

Go watch it

If you like shitty retcons about Finn's origin, go for it.

At least they finally stopped trying to be cryptic about it.

Season 6 finale was mediocre.
Season 7 started off and ended strong
We're currently on Season 8 and it's okay so far
Season 9 will be final season

Wait, what did they retcon exactly? If you're talking about the boom boom leaf thing, that's not really a retcon at all.

>retcons

Does flame princess come back?

>implying the show doesn't fly by the seat of its pants
Gotta love how people gobble down any bullshit this show doles out and then pretends there was ever a master plan.

Okay then, what was retconned?

She's still around, and on friendly terms with Finn now.

For starters, wasn't Finn found with his hat on?

he lost his arm again

Breezy is as low as it got, being honest. The Visitor, Dark Purple and the finale of both seasons 6 and 7 are the only thing you might need to watch in order to catch up the the more recent stuff. Season 7 in enjoyable and got really solid stuff. Season 8 so far is great and Islands is amazing as it finally ties up Finn's origins.

I would recommend just watching everything you've missed. Season 6 is patchy, but still worth the watch IMO. Season 7 on the other hand was fantastic, and season 8 is off to a great start.

Other than the bread wand, there was also a white stuffed animal on the raft with him.
Taking into consideration that only humans and human offshoots wear animal hats for vampire-protection, I'm guessing he ended up on another human island or Susan found him and decided to explore Ooo. Was Doctor Gross surprised to see Susan with Finn in Reboot?

Things hit Breezy lows a few times. There are a dozen or so really uninspired episodes that really serve no purpose but to make seasons longer.

>I'm guessing he ended up on another human island or Susan found him and decided to explore Ooo.
That's quite an assumption. So why did these new humans abandon a baby? If Susan found him, why didn't she attempt to retrieve him immediately? Her robotic-like trance probably didn't allow for unnecessary scouting of terrain. I'm sorry but that just seems like justification rather than a likely story.

The only episodes I really disliked past Breezy were Gold Stars, Chips and Ice Cream, and Water Park Prank. The rest of them range from mediocre to excellent.

Frozen Yogurt Princess deserved more than just being the subject of a punchline about how Finn is "getting over" his old crushes, only for Jake to point out she looks like a combination of both PB and FP.

Nah, it was largely stated that he made the hat by himself. Giving that its a teddy bear and not an actual bear, i can see that a toddler might rip it off easily and put the fabric on his head.
Im thinking on Food Chain, Chips & Ice Cream and Water Park Prank bc how stupid they were. -even for fillers. But the thing with Breezy is that it wasnt necessarily intended as a filler but actually deconstructed Finn's character down to the toilet.

>Chips and Ice Cream
I'm glad I didn't have to say it. Holy shit that was bad.

>But the thing with Breezy is that it wasnt necessarily intended as a filler but actually deconstructed Finn's character down to the toilet.
Could you refresh my memory? I'm sure you're not wrong, but how did it do that again?

>Chips & Ice Cream and Water Park Prank
What was so bad about those two?

>Not liking Food Chain

Why? Unless you're that 'lolsorandom' guy, in which case I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.

he obviously made the hat, even as a baby he was badass enough to skin a stuffed animal. he's martin's son after all.
you just reminded me of the animal hats predating susan arriving at Ooo, I assumed she taught the hyoomans to wear them, but I guess that was an existing thing

I don't remember the latter, but Chips and Ice Cream is just so fucking dumb. Like someone had this high concept of an episode and literally nothing about it came together. It wasn't cute or charming. One of very few shows that I actually felt mad about how not-good it was after watching.

I hate it when people can't distinguish between a bad episode and bad events in a good episode about bad events happening.
chips and icecream was fine. it was just a nothing-happened james baxter episode.
circus clown nose whatever was awful
breezy was great, it just sucks being finn

Sounds bad, but what actually happened in that episode?

Chips and Ice Cream was boring and stupid, but it wasn't as offensively awful as Water Park Prank. It was done entirely by a guest animator, and felt nothing like Adventure Time. The jokes, story, animation were all really bad.

Its a BMO episode. Sadly most of them are bad. But this one took the gold medal in being completely dumb.

Some stupid talking ghost things that could only say "Chips" and "ice cream." Does that sound dumb to you? I guarantee it isn't better than it sounds.

like 8 minutes of two dumb rabbit things saying chips and ice cream.

the one good thing I can say about the episode is that their voices sounded nice but that's all.

Chips!

It was my first guess. It's not terribly awful as Chips and Ice Cream but as most of guest animator episodes -excluding James Baxter and Small Butera ones- it had no way to be. Abuse of visuals and zero sense whatsoever -not to mention Finn fucking a worm and then getting cucked again or something like that

Sounds awful, especially by BMO episode standards.

Food Chain felt like edutainment. I'm sure it could have been like truth bombs to some youngins, but to anyone else it was just really dry subject matter.

Man so you didn't like Glitch either?

I thought both Food Chain and that one were great, Food Chain mostly for its awesome coloring and the really lovely song at the end and Glitch for the cool animation and pretty off the wall humor.

yeah it's not very good. genuinely not sure how the staff made that and thought "yes this is an interesting, worthwhile piece of entertainment we have created" and didn't see how fucking dull it was.

i havent actively watched adventure time since like season 3 or 4 and im thinking there's no point in continuing

BMO Lost, Be More, Football, and The more you moe were all great I thought.

I get the distinct impression it was this brainchild of one of their younger animators, and they just didn't have the heart to tell them it was completely dumb.

I think I'd agree just because there's literally like fucking 150 episodes you missed and if you stopped watching for that long I don't think you were that into it.

Angel Face was not bad either.

You'll save yourself a lot of heartache by not watching the slow tainting of a once great thing by really terrible writers.

I seem to recall whichever was the Noire episode was really good. At least I thought so back then. Not sure if I'd think so if I rewatched.

Glitch was... weird. But i do like it.
It's up to you. If you have enough time, there are lists out there for relevant episodes only and considering the shit ton amount of filler ups during season 5 that might help a bit.
If you dont want to do that, just skip to Islands because its sorta like an ending for people who dropped and cant really bother to follow anymore.