Is SAC worth watching if you're not a complete weeb...

Is SAC worth watching if you're not a complete weeb? With BR49 hype I just wanna experience decent cyberpunk detective stuff.

GITS is watchable because it looks amazing and has some depth. SAC looks like a cheap goofy saturday cartoon by comparison.

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sort of true. S.A.C is not as polished or deep.
But it has a good story, more of what you liked. It's good.

You should slit your wrists

>not as polished or deep
OP this is not true. SAC is the most polished cyberpunk has ever been. The writing staff was large and capable at exploring the social (personal), political and philosophical consequences of human cyberization and corporate hegemony.

This. SAC was really well done, you'd be foolish to not at least give it a try.

Trash opinion from someone posing holy by downplaying the strengths of a work to make themselves seem better than they are.

Go watch both seasons now OP before this dimwit spoils everything for you.

SAC is a good combination of the original movie and the manga. Even if you're not a weeb you should enjoy it.

SAC IS POLITICS BLAHBLAH OUT THE ASS PEPPERED WITH TACTICOOL FUTURE SHIT

SHIROW WAS PAID TO CONSULT FOR THE MILITARY

SAC quite sucks compared to the 2 movies. it really feels like a cheap cartoon.
i'm afraid the kind of content we both like is extremely limited, pal.

SAC is fantastic, watch that shit

English dub is also pretty great, and I hate dubs

umm....what SAC stand for?

>SAC, BR49 and GITS

Fucking cringe abbreviation

SAC is totally great, and the various members of Section 9 actually get individual backstories and arcs.

i enjoyed it a lot. it's kinda low key and comfy compared to the intensity of the movies but there's loads of good stuff in it

is ZuZU any good? What about T2132

>have seen GitS 2017 four times
>each time I was more intoxicated than the last
>mfw Scarlett Johannsen figured out she was not a robot by defeated the bad
Great movie, Im happy I've never seen it sober

did you just keep getting invited to see it by different groups of friends or something?

SAC is still well worth your time but the lower quality animation is distracting and some episodes try to tackle themes too complex for the short runtime

>SAC
a lot of weebs are going to say yes, but no, it's trash

only watch the original movie, Innocence and read the original comic

also, if you want more patrician cyberpunk anime like the original movie

watch Megazone 23 and Bubblegum Crisis. They're not even close to GitS but pretty good and not modern weeb trash like SAC

>only watch the original movie, Innocence
tfw, while the cyberpunk setting is fascinating, the story is pretty much over at the end of innocence and no real purpose left to explore "alternative materials" like the tv series etc...

oedo 808 and armitage III are fun cyberpunk schlock in the same vein too

forgot one more thing

read Neuromancer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and Caves of Steel

Armitage is on my watchlist, will put oedo there too

thanks

sac is essential watch-as-a-weeb-teen-on-toonami core but it doesn't really hold up that well, especially compared to oshii's films

Stand Alone Complex

>read Neuromancer

it's cyberpunk essential no1

stop being contrarian

WTF IS SAC

SUPER ANIMATED CUNT

nah i read the rest and got it. i aint watchin no cartoon shit.

also ghost in the shell remake movie sucked, but it was pretty good pretty version of cyberpunk for a movie, better than blade runners desert empty boring world.

fyi the armitage sequel kinda sucks, if youve got it on there too

eh, not really, serial experiments lain did it better

>better than blade runners desert empty boring world.

i prefer thinking of it as quality over quantity, i'd rather have those few gems than a mountain of piss

They have a condensed OVA of the two series. Check that out

SAC is fantastic

2nd GiG is on par if not better

ZuZU is slightly better than RET5-A but not as good as the first three parts of T2132 buy YMMV tbqh

we have both

the two gem movies and the mountain of piss series

>he doesn't read

>SAC
`\(-. -) /`

It's bretty gud. I particularly enjoy how it sets itself within a broader societal context. Things like media manipulation, surveillance, and the military-industrial complex seem well treated considering how they are IRL at the moment.

Why does everyone and I mean everyone dismiss ZtPoGFS?

what the literal fuck is that

OP, if you want to feel the deep, grim, dark, cyberpunk, melancholic and depressing premise of the blade runners, stick to the original GITS movie and Innocence.
skip the other shit they made for kids and weebs.

SAC is probably the least weeb anime ever made

Watch Keit-Ai instead.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

>Bubblegum Crisis

This is complete schlock though, as entertaining as the few good episodes of it are. The amount of terrible spinoff series it has is crazy though.

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, a TV tropes entry, an anime preview, an anime episode, an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar considered, and a critically acclaimed box office success that's the highest grossing anime film of all time and approved by Shinzo Abe and Cool Japan, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Keit-Ai. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of multiverse theory most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also the MC's deterministic outlook as he longs for the AU version of his crush instead of his crush, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Philisophical Taoism literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Keit-Ai truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in the copypasta's catchphrase “Keit-Ai finds a way,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the works of Alexander of Aphrodisias. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sup Forums’s genius wit unfolds itself on the film version of Keit-Ai, which is Kimi no Na wa. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Keit-Ai t-shirt. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

inb4 404

>akira, you also have both live action dredd films, bloomkamps anthology, mad max, etc.

There is plenty for you. After Watching BR2049 three times now I don't understand how you sperges see it as any different from any of the ones above, its superficial and not at all "deep". It's a flick like everything else since the 80's.

Because it isn't 4-HTa-2