This was better than the original

This was better than the original.

You have to join him.

Easily the most overrated film this year

Yep, easily for me.
Original was a great movie. This is a notch above.New one won't ever be as influential as the original. But if you're just comparing them head to head without the legacy, yes it is better

Saw the other thread with people agreeing its shit, shill?

>outing yourself as a triggered leftist who doesnt like the movie because you feel it has right wing themes

huh, maybe it isn't as bad a movie as i thought

No, I check the catalog AFTER making a thread.

I agree.

Certainly gave me more intense emotions than the original.

Should I watch this if I havent seen the original?

What are the right wing themes in this movie? I'm right wing but didn't get a very political vibe from this movie.

Went to see it in the theater for the final time tonight. Tomorrow it will be gone.

>will never experience the sound design and music wash over me from a good sound system again

>will never experience the fight at the sea wall on the big screen again

>will never be that comfy in a movie theater again

I might kill myself

>I might kill myself
Please do

>tfw still being shown here at least until Nov 2nd

whew

"right wing" as in being a man who's into manly things like taking initiative and responsibility, or doing the right thing even though you have nothing at all to gain from it. Enjoying the company of "conventionally attractive" ladies, real and fabricated.

You know, all that dirty rapey right wing Nazi stuff.

2049 is the better film, but the original is the better work of art

>like tears in rain
>too bad she won't live... but then again, who does?

2049 doesn't have any memorable lines except
>to die for a good cause is the most human thing you can do
what the fuck does this even mean? but it is still a great audio/visual experience, and has a better story than the original

to be fair though, the original BR would have been forgotten if it weren't for the last scene, which was genius. but i love both, i just rewatched the original and am going to see 2049 again on tuesday fuck my ass interlinked

A millionth time we have had this thread quit posting it shill

No.

>This is a notch above
WTF are you talking about? It was totally mediocre and everything it does, it took from somewhere else. In some cases, it takes from shit that was DIRECTLY MADE as a result of someone seeing the original Blade Runner, ie Cowboy Bebop.

>2049 is the better film, but the original is the better work of art

I think I can agree with that

remember blade runner was based on a book

>be me
>pay $30 for an uber ride to the nearest Imax theator that's 18 miles away from where I live
>get there, turns out they've stopped showing it in Imax
>see it in dolby when I could've done that at my local kinoplex that's a 5 minute drive away.
>spend $46 on an uber ride home

Very, very loosely based on a book. You might as well say it was based off of that Twilight Zone episode based on the book, and it would still be totally wrong.

Why is it relevant for the movie to be quotable? TDKR and star wars prequels are extremele quotable.

Take a bus you spoiled brat

there's a difference between a memorable line and a fucking meme you dipshit

I may be an idiot but I'm no spoiled brat. I waste my own money and only I suffer as a consequence.

I loved this movie, but honestly the style is mainly what won me over. The actual plot is flawed. For example, why the hell did Leto's character get so little screen time (just two scenes) despite being the primary antagonist? Similarly, why did the replicant resistance get so little screen time? They only got a single scene.

>despite being the primary antagonist
he wasn't though, luv was and she was a pretty complex, nuanced character at that
>why did the replicant resistance get so little screen time
agreed but I think they should have gone the other way and cut those scenes/characters entirely except for Mariette

>he wasn't though, luv was and she was a pretty complex, nuanced character at that
Luv was mainly acting on the orders of Leto though. And even if he isn't the main antagonist, the character still felt underdeveloped.
>agreed but I think they should have gone the other way and cut those scenes/characters entirely except for Mariette
Maybe, but maybe the group would've fit better in the movie if they hadn't just materialized out of thin air 2/3rds into the movie.

We should expect more of Wallace and the resistance in a third movie. This one was more of a continuation of the original's plot.
Those few scenes were merely an introduction to a greater story.

>2049 doesn't have any memorable lines except
>>to die for a good cause is the most human thing you can do

''to be born is to have a soul, i guess.''

was one that stuck with me. not to mention the entire baseline test sequence

Sequel b8.

There won't be a third movie though. Those scenes were less sequel bait and more worldbuilding, they were supposed to mirror each other in a way.
Because these replicants want Ana to be some kind of symbol/martyr, Wallace wants to use her to conquer the heavens. But the main character just wants to reunite father and daughter because those are the only two people that meant anything to him anymore, now that Joi is dead.At least that's how I got it.

In the thrid movie it will be about a hologram name hapE and he will turn around and smile at all the people and you are left wondering in amazement if hes a real boy or if he just a poser guy and than wallace will come up and lick him because he is the first hologram to give birth to Edward James Almost and hapE cry's like seven times

The writers specifically said that they weren't writing with sequels in mind.

I actually believe that BR2049 is better than the original because the original was just okay.
Ridley Scott sucks and Alien was a fluke fight me

but the editors were, we are going to get a sequel for sure.

"You look like a good Joe" is a pretty memorable line to me.
I also feel like 2049 itself has many more memorable moments than the original. Like you said, all the Original has is Roys monologue

I actually think 2049 is the better movie

sounds legit

My favorite memorie is when he has the one memorie and show it to the girl who crys that its a real memorie and k is really upset

Scott doe have a habit of shitting up his works with his own bizarre headcanon. Insisting Deckard is a replicant and the whole Alien prequel nonsense implies that he succeed despite his own best efforts.

Yes, they were supposed to mirror one another. Both Wallace and the Rogue replicants are supposed to be dehumanizing forces

>Insisting Deckard is a replicant
This not only made blade runner worse, it made the sequel worse. Mostly because they had to include that question in then write around it

no they both represent what k is that he is more human than human, luv is a mirror to all three because her crying shows that she is internal struggle with what she wants and what wallis wants and she mirrors joi in that they both want k and the resistance mirrors them both by not thinking hes special while they do, thats why she ends up drownin because she mirrors her when they both get killed because of their affection for k

why yall still memeing this movie move on jfc

Too bad the poster looks like shit.

what is this post even supposed to mean you dumb fuck

I can't tell if the BR2049 Sup Forums lovers are just a loud autistic minority or if this board is just full of people with irredeemably trash taste

this is probably the most profound movie in the last 20 years, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this movie, can't expect much from normies I gues

you fucking retard. Dolby is better anyways

The sad thing is that I can't tell if you're being serious or not because I think there are at least 100 people here that think this.

I want some recommendations for better sci-fi movies that came out in the last 5 years. Teach me, patrician

It's more boring than the original.

You don't have to watch the original to fully understand it but it does help.

Let me tell you a secret: there are barely any good scifi movies, scifi fans just eat up any shit put in front of them.

yes

i hadnt seen the original and loved this regardless.

I saw the new Blade Runner this week after hearing all the acclaim for it. Lately I've been skeptical of popular opinion after I saw the monotonous borefest that was Dunkirk which garnered similar acclaim to Blade Runner after its initial release. Somehow the collective makers of the film thought it was a good idea to make a sequel to Blade Runner by making it twice as long with half as much happening and then furthermore creating inextricable links to the original, preventing the new film from even being considered an individual product. Why would they simulataneously glorify and defy the legacy of Blade Runner? Villenueve and the writers had completely different sensibilities.

no, the whole plot revolves around what happened in the first movie

plus the first movie is way better so if you're only going to see one of them see the first

i think villenueve did a fantastic job of creating something completely new while keeping faith and captering the essance of the original movie

>sequel to Blade Runner by making it twice as long with half as much happening
I know you people are edgy contrarian retards but at least think trough the edgy contrarian shit you say.Because this is objectively false. If anything there was too much happening in the movie they should have kept the plot / mystery more simple.

> creating inextricable links to the original, preventing the new film from even being considered an individual product.

This is also false, it works well as an individual product. Even all the nods to the original like CGI rachel tie into the new story somehow

No, the sequel is just the type of movie where this happens then that happens then this happens then that happens and then TWIST and then ending with a few action sequences mixed in to keep you awake. Nothing to think about afterwards like with the original, just boring plot advancement.

>2049 is the better film, but the original is the better work of art
imagine being this stupid

i dont know i think 2049 did a fantastic job at balancing its action and showing the brutality of violence, especially in the scene with the junk people when they were getting bombed, you really see it on k and luvs face the internal struggles they have with humanity in the balance

I disagree I think 2049 both has art and film

I didn't detect any emotional struggle or remorse from K while she was bombing those people. The only time she acted anything but sadistic was while she was dying.

ooh god forbid plot advancement , and actual detective work that makes clever use of it's futuristic sci-fi setting, it's better for the protagonist to just sit on his ass all movie looking sleepy waiting for the case to find him

pretentious imbecile (You)

>the movie is better because it had cool detective work with neat gadgets!
nu-Blade Runner fans summed up in one post

for luv the emotion was expressed outward, her sitting down looking up being obediant but also angry, at the fact of k and how she sees herself in him. She wants to be the angel but also hates what she is. K emotions were written all over his face, Ryan Goslin is such a good actor so much is going on and its all in the subtlety of his face. Villinueve knew how to capture emotions in ways we wouldnt normally see but thats the beauty of his movie

>to be fair though, the original BR would have been forgotten if it weren't for the last scene, which was genius.
Maybe by dumbfucks like you who judge movies on their quotability.

Imagine being this pathetic so you false flag like this.

The procedural aspect is very important in a detective story and technology is an important aspect of sci-fi. What's your fucking problem?

not an argument

checked

Am i the only one who liked these two films equally ? (for slightly different reasons)...I wish i could binge both films back to back on IMAX

I'm still very skeptical. What exactly indicates that she sees herself in him? Or that she hates who she is?

it was more polished -- actually, a lot more polished than BR; the original had more gory violence, but the original was also the most original; the sequel was more difficult to make because it had to stay within guidelines set by the original, and Denny nailed it... okay, it is better, but not more original, than the original

hmm... better film... yep
... not as good a work of art?... i'd say, okay, it is derivative ultimately

>polished
nice buzzword for "I don't like older movies"

i actually don't like watching BR in repetition because of the grisly violence

i could probably rewatch 2049 once a month

well, no, because 2001: A Space Odyssey was polished, and so were older films by Hitchcock (Rebecca, etc.)

I feel like 2049 had more polish than most sci fi, you really get a sense of the atmosphere in every scene through use of color and pacing. The Las Vegas scene is breathtaking and you really get a sense of scale by how long it takes k to discover deckard. Something you don't really see in other sci fi

I really want a netflix show followup

That's why it flopped, shill.

Pls no

Just let this awful thread die you faggot.

A blood black nothingness began to spin.
Began to spin.
Let's move on to system. System.
Feel that in your body. The system.
What does it feel like to be part of the system. System.
Is there anything in your body that wants to resist the system? System.
Do you get pleasure out of being a part of the system? System.
Have they created you to be a part of the system? System.
Is there security in being a part of the system? System.
Is there a sound that comes with the system? System.
We're going to go on. Cells.
They were all put together at a time. Cells.
Millions and billions of them. Cells.
Were you ever arrested? Cells.
Did you spend much time in the cell? Cells.
Have you ever been in an instituion? Cells.
Do they keep you in a cell? Cells.
When you're not performing your duties do they keep you in a little box? Cells.
Interlinked.
What's it like to hold the hand of someone you love? Interlinked.
Do they teach you how to feel finger to finger? Interlinked.
Do you long for having your heart interlinked? Interlinked.
Do you dream about being interlinked?
Have they left a place for you where you can dream? Interlinked.
What's it like to hold your child in your arms? Interlinked.
What's it like to play with your dog? Interlinked.
Do you feel that there's a part of you that's missing? Interlinked.
Do you like to connect to things? Interlinked.
What happens when that linkage is broken? Interlinked.
Have they let you feel heartbreak? Interlinked.
Did you buy a present for the person you love?

Within cells interlinked.
Why don't you say that three times? Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked.
Where do you go when you go within? Within.
Has anyone ever locked you out of a room? Within.
Within.
Where do you go to when you go within? Within.
Where is the place in the world you feel the safest? Within.
Do you have a heart? Within.
Stem.
Did you pick asparagus stems?
What comes from something else? Stem.
Have you been to the source of a river? Stem.
When's the first time you gave a flower to a girl? Stem.
What did she look like? Stem.
Is it a slang word for people's legs? Stem.
Have you planeted things in the ground? Stem.
Have you ever been in a legal battle? Stem.
Within one stem.
Dreadfully.
Is that an old fashioned word? Dreadfully.
Did you ever want to live in the nineteenth century? Dreadfully.
What's it like to be filled with dread? Dreadfully.
Do you think you could find out all the answers to all the questions? Dreadfully.
Distinct.
How good are your eyes? Distinct.
Do you have a particular personality? Distinct.
What separates somebody from somebody else? Distinct.
Who do you admire most in the world? Distinct.
What was your most shameful moment? Distinct.
Dreadfully distinct.
Dark.
Were you afraid of the dark whan you were little? Dark.
What's it like to hide under a bed? Dark.
Did they keep you in a drawer when they were building you? Dark?
Was it dark in there? Dark.
Do you have dark thoughts? Dark?
Did they program you to have dark thoughts? Dark

Do you think it's some kind of corruption these dark thoughts? Dark.
Maybe it's a spot of rust or something? Dark.
Who's the darkest person you know? Dark.
What is it like when someone gives you the silent treatment. Dark.
Who did you get your darkness from? Dark.
Against the dark.
What kind of power do you have against the dark. Against the dark.
Do you think there is such a thing as evil? Against the dark.
Do you think you can protect people against the dark. Against the dark.
Why are these things happening? Against the dark.
Do you prefer the day or the night? Against the dark.
When is the last time you saw a starry sky? Against the dark.
What's your favorite part of the moon? Against the dark.
Fountain.
Have you seen the Trevi fountain in Rome? Fountain.
Have you ever seen the fountain in Lincoln center? Fountain.
Have you seen fountains out in the wild? Fountain.
What's it like when you have an orgasm. Fountain.
Have you read the Fountainhead? Fountain.
White Fountain.
Is it pure white? White Fountain.
Is that a metaphor? White Fountain.
How did the white Fountain make you feel? White Fountain.
A tall white fountain played.
When you were little did you ever fall into a Fountain? A Tall White Fountain.
Do you like fire, earth, air or water. A Tall White Fountain.
Do you like skipping around in the water? A Tall White Fountain.
A blood black nothingness.
A system of cells.
Within cells interlinked.
Within one stem.
And dreadfully distinct.
Against the dark.
A tall white fountain played.

t. brainlet

Is quite the opposie. People discuss a good movie and then suddenly mouthbreathers like you show up.

Nice dodged bullet here mate.
Now fuck off

>nothing to think about
This is blatanty false too.
Watch themovie next time.

Dudeyou did not watch the movie.
K is a decent detective . Better than Dekardand that is not difficult. But is not the focus of the movie, nor any gadget.
The movie focuses on free will, humanity, empathy, and freedom, plus environment.
Is full of references, nuanced charachters, and scenes that majke you discuss for their interpretation

Last night there was a couple who made out throughout the first hour, then left. Exit another couple.
>Austrian audiences in charge of watching OV films w/out subtitles

>This was
I am sad