Is he incompetent or does he try too hard when it came to Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman...

Is he incompetent or does he try too hard when it came to Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman? Does his style of emphasizing visuals sit well with Sup Forums? Would a good writer help him?

Other urls found in this thread:

gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/6c9db9abe2a91b7a5528a097e5392a1be540c9f1/c=531-0-1869-1006&r=x483&c=640x480/local/-/media/2016/03/21/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/635941756438912981-BVS-FP-0588.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's a manlet hack cuck

ALL his movies suck

It's pretty obvious he just doesn't really give a shit about superheroes.

He doesn't understand the deeper implications of the themes he is supposed to tackle. All Zack Snyder knows is video games. He directs his movies like video games.

he is great

I don't know why people are so hard on him, after the movies he's made none of MoS, or BvS should have been a surprise.

Snyder is good at three things, fight scenes, music, and designs (Ignoring "Doomsday"), everything else is ALWAYS garbage, I don't understand why you people have such high expectations of him.

He didn't wrote the movies and he has a superficial understanding of the characters. He's a fan, but he's on the Geoff Johns spectrum of fanboism.

I honestly like MoS. 7/10, that is better than both "Thor"s.

BvS, on the other hand, is basically the worst comic book movie till now.

I knew MoS and BvS were going to be garbage. Just like Watchmen, Sucker Punch, and 300 were all vapid visuals acting as a distraction to hide all the shit.

Nailed it. BvS is the Bioshock Infinite of cape movies

The Toxic Avenger quadrilogy is the Fallout 2.

Weird. I like both movies.

I actually prefer Zack Snyder's more realistic and passionate take on Batman and Superman more than I care about Marvel's horrible movies.

They're literally movies for kids and are god awful considering how tacky and colorful they are. I feel like an adult watching Batman investigate a mysterious alien on his planet. I feel like a child watching Thor walk a green cgi monster with a plastic hammer.

>I feel like an adult watching Batman

>colors are for kids
mamma mia

Explain, with examples.

>what is context

At least try to be an adult

I too like it when directors don't understand color theory

Kek, what principal of color theory are you citing specifically? From what book? What makes you an expert?

Woah woah woah, man. You're the one making the initial claim of, "They're literally movies for kids and are god awful considering how tacky and colorful they are."

Let's see some of the books you used to form that judgement, man. I mean, someone as smart and well informed as you certainly isn't a hypocrite, right?

I ain't claiming to be an expert, but when I see some guy make his supposedly deep and meaningful movie about men in capes a nice monochrome washed-out greyish blue with occasional notes of orange, I say "boy this guy doesn't really understand color theory"

This
I remember hating him for making that Day of the Dead remake and turning all the zombies into long distance runners, which became a trope in modern zombie movies to a point.

I wrote a paper about the cultural development of fast zombies vs. slow zombies in pop culture for an anthropology class once

Most incompetent, his main issue is he actually thinks he's being artsy and telling a super serious plot despite his movies being fucking stupid.

I mean, if you want the perfect example of Snyder having no fucking idea of what kind of tone he wants to go for, just check out Sucker Punch

He just needs to stay the fuck away from scripts and direct the movies.

>He directs his movies like video games.
That might be true if his films were nothing but action like Bayformers but both mos/bvs had almost 40 minutes until notable action scenes happen.

I wasnt even the initial poster of that but saying you dont like somethinf is different than saying something violates color theory.

Dont be so defensive.

>despite his movies being fucking stupid
But Mos wasn't stupid at all.

He doesn't believe in altruism.
And yet was given Superman.
It isn't hard to figure out dude.

I'm not either. Looks like we're both just conversation jumping fuckheads then.

>I honestly like MoS. 7/10, that is better than both "Thor"s.
Ironically the one thing Thor unequivocally does better is be a Superman movie.

Sucker Punch rules.

Lol i guess so

Batman v Superman was the best superhero movie this year, but it was a pretty crap year for superhero movies.

Lol no

T U R K I S H A I R L I N E S

He definitely does believe in it seeing as he likes to keep giving people he likes jobs

Sucker Punch was a self congratulatory piece of shit. It portrayed insanity as if it were nothing more than a really vivid dream, then went on to pretend that the ideal female hero is a scantily clad uber-violent young teen girl.
It was a preteen anime live acted as a movie.

gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/6c9db9abe2a91b7a5528a097e5392a1be540c9f1/c=531-0-1869-1006&r=x483&c=640x480/local/-/media/2016/03/21/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/635941756438912981-BVS-FP-0588.jpg

He's got a great eye and can do some amazing looking stuff. he just needs the right script/someone to hold him on a tight leash.

his track record is garbage though

>triggered

she was not insane

>washed-out greyish blue suit
>and orange background
you sure showed me

Sucker Punch was literal adolescent tripe.

>It portrayed insanity as if it were nothing more than a really vivid dream
No it didn't, it portrayed the world as both a madhouse and a brothel from the perspective of women.
>then went on to pretend that the ideal female hero is a scantily clad uber-violent young teen girl.
No it didn't, it wasn't even about heroism, it was about survival.

Dude literally sacrificed his own life to save one shitty lil dustbowl's worth of innocent people.
Kinda tops KRYPTON HAD IT'S CHANCE

Yeah, like he said: Sucker Punch rules.

>watching Batman investigate a mysterious alien on his planet
He never fucking investigates Supes though. World's greatest detective never tries to fucking track the guy.

Except...
Clark went to stop the world engine knowing he would be weaker around and could likely die.
Clark took the nuke to the face and didn't know if he would survive it to save the world.
Clark speared DD and died to save the world.
Your a fucking dumbass.

Dude you're fucking retarded.

Thor caring about Bumblefuck, New Mexico was a fuckload more convincing than Superman caring about Earth

Marvel movies> post dark knight garbage

I like the cinematography of the movies, but in terms of actual substance, they both suck. Just a jumbled up mess. Should've paid Christopher Nolan 100 million to take over the expanded universe. Small investment to make.

You guys arent tired of arguing this shit yet?

No ones mind is gonna change. More people hated these films then loved them, but enough love them to keep them alive.
If your suffering from "not muh", Im right there with you, but get over it already.
Before you guys go in for another round of beating the horse, ask yourself "what am I trying to accomplish". Because no ones mind will change, and no one will feel dumb for holding their opinion. Its become crystal fucking clear that the movies are divisive.
If your upset DC movies arent going in the direction you wanted, well join the club. If you love the way they are, you already won the argument, go rewach your shitty movie, which your totally free to love forever.

Ghostbusters!

The problem is he doesn't understand heroes. He was raised on Heavy Metal comics and his mom was 'an artist' that taught him about the hard truths of the world. The concept of Superman or Batman wanting or needing to help make the world a better place are alien to him.

The reason he keeps the heavy handed approach with the catholic symbology is he understands that Jesus is considered a selfless person and because of that he think making Superman and Batman look like Jesus he can get people to think of them as selfless.

The man admitted that as a child he was bored with DC comics because no one was getting raped, killed, or having sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll in the comics. He also admits that if he had a comic/movie about Batman being stuck in a prison he thinks Batman should get raped by the inmates because he is just one guy and they are a prison full of dudes. He doesn't understand the concept of one man making a difference or overcoming overwhelming odds to save the day.

The bleak colorless DC movieverse he produces is a reflection of his inner view of the world and hero comics.

He's a hack

He is a great choreographer but a poor director.
He either needs someone to sit on his ass and make sure he is kept in check or he needs to be adapting an already good story that someone else made.

>great choreographer
I don't see how anyone can say this after the Doomsday fight

He's talking about the dance sequences in the middle of batman vs superman where batman has a dream where he and superman and batman and him both are dancing to older music from the 70s and batman whispers in superman so ear his mommas name

>More people hated these films then loved them, but enough love them to keep them alive.
It's still alive not because of tasteless edgykids who love these movies, but only because of Superman and Batman in it.

user meant 1 for 1 lifts from books. Sense in 300 and Watchman are almost panel to panel to what you saw in the books which is honestly a good talent to have.

>The problem is he doesn't understand heroes. He was raised on Heavy Metal comics and his mom was 'an artist' that taught him about the hard truths of the world. The concept of Superman or Batman wanting or needing to help make the world a better place are alien to him.
> He doesn't understand the concept of one man making a difference or overcoming overwhelming odds to save the day.

Sometimes it really hits you how infantile the average person here is that they look up to Superman and Batman as moral examples.

Why? He is shown from elementary school that he inherently wants to save people. He is only restrained by fear of causing more harm then good. There was NEVER any question about whether or not he wants to save people.

She was just completely silent about the abusive orderly, devolved into a severely delusional state, and convinced other patients to commit acts of destruction to let a woman escape.
Mind you we never see that girl in reality until the escape, so god knows how sane she actually is. For all we know she's a koala rapist.

in the script, he wants to save people

but as portrayed by Henry Cavill and presumably Snyder telling him to be stoic, it just seemed like he didn't care about anything other than banging Lois

>He also admits that if he had a comic/movie about Batman being stuck in a prison he thinks Batman should get raped by the inmates because he is just one guy and they are a prison full of dudes.
That is not even remotely what he said, he said he would make it dark as to where that would not be out of the question, he never said he wanted to actually put in there, he was talking purely about the tone.

There's nothing really childish in it.

"I want to be a good person, these characters are good examples". Looks okay to me.

What would be a "mature" moral example? Donald Trump?

>city destroyed
Better make out with Lois! Shut up people trapped under rubble!
>genocidal maniac killed
Waahhhh!!!! Nobody has ever had a reason to be this sad!

Except you presumptuous piece of trash I am not edgy at all and I love them, my favorite moments are Superman's sacrificial moments, him saying he loves Lois and them saying bye before Faora arrived. None of that is edgy.
Wanting a played straight and serious tone isn't edgy.

Like Bioshock Infinite, Snyder utilizes bombastic imagery and quotes, devoid of meaning regardless of the original context it might have originated from.

The concept of hell and heaven is really just meant to reference the Parademons. The analogy falls short because while the comparison between the Fourth World and real world religious tales is interesting on paper, it doesn't go anywhere because it's really just inspired by the idea of flying figures. Darkseid will not be influenced by Satan, and will most likely be punked by the Justice League like he was in the Nu-DC comics.

Bioshock Infinite incorporates a lot of religious imagery, but without any true synchronicity with the story. The creator himself said that he didn't really understand quantum mechanics yet chose to incorporate it into the game. It's actually a regression from System Shock and Bioshock both narratively and mechanically, because Levine went for cheap award bait by having all these bits like baptism when they don't synch up with the greater plot. Most of the game was scrapped and rebuilt from pre-existing assets like six months before release, and it shows in the level design but people praised it anyways because it looked deep.

Except before the kiss there is no indication whatsoever that he is attracted to her, their relationship developed out of being forced to put their trust in one another not romance or lust.
The kiss was out of needing comfort and stability after nearly being torn apart atom by atom in a black hole seconds before.

>There's nothing really childish in it.

If people are using Batman and Superman to guide their moral decisions they are delusional.

Are you a fucking high school English teacher? Not everything is deep or symbolic.
If Snyder wanted symbolism he'd had a stained glass window in the background to let you fucking know it.

>Except before the kiss there is no indication whatsoever that he is attracted to her, their relationship developed out of being forced to put their trust in one another not romance or lust.

Dude I don't even have a problem with the kiss but you're either ace or nuts if you think Supes didn't want to smash.

MoS was good but BvS was the best movie ever.

Nothing about what I said was deep, it is simply what factually took place on screen.
Clark saved her life.
She refused to reveal him after their meeting at the graveyard even after being arrested.

When they landed after the black hole they where literally shaking as they embraced, they never looked around at or took in the destruction they just immediately embraced.

Okay, give me a fictional character that could guide your morals that is mature enough for you.

Probably but her main point of attraction was still her being the 1st woman in his life he has ever been able to trust implicitly, that became clear when he thanked her while waiting for Faora.

>The concept of hell and heaven is really just meant to reference the Parademons. The analogy falls short because while the comparison between the Fourth World and real world religious tales is interesting on paper, it doesn't go anywhere because it's really just inspired by the idea of flying figures. Darkseid will not be influenced by Satan, and will most likely be punked by the Justice League like he was in the Nu-DC comics.

The references to Heaven, Hell, God etc in BvS aren't about Parademons, it's about Theodicy. They movie is about how people react to, and make sense of evil in the world.

Sure amazing how he got to metropolis and the only person he actively saved happened to be the woman he doesn't want to plow, but ends up making out with.

If you want a darker interpretation of classic stories and characters just listen to the Protomen or something

or just read a comic that's come out out in the past 30~ years

Jesus Christ.

basically Superman with a beard and no cape, next question

zackSnyder fan here

Its really like being in a cult

love all of his work. respect him deeply. will defend him to the death and spam kino memes and write long paragraphs of half bullshit half truth to defend these movies

And i truly believe in the end it will all be worth once he makes another positively received movie, because when he does ill still be here and if he doesnt ill still be here

He's a pretty good visual director, it's the script of these movies that's bad. Same goes for Sucker Punch. Know what was a pretty decent movie of his? Watchmen. Because he didn't write it and neither did Goyer.

I will defend Zack Snyder because he sure knows how to make a movie look good. I'll say the same for Michael Bay by the way. I just wish they'd stop wasting those talents on laughably pretentious superhero movies and two hour commercials for toy robots. Pain and Gain was such a fun movie...

Nope, he transformed pure water in cheap wine, why would you trust such guy?

>another
what was the first one?

>because Levine went for cheap award bait by having all these bits like baptism when they don't synch up with the greater plot.

Da fuq are you talking about.

THE ENTIRE POINT OF COMSTOCK'S CHARACTER WAS THAT WE WANTED TO USE RELIGION AND RACISM TO ESCAPE FROM AND JUSTIFY ALL THE THINGS HE DID IN HIS PAST.

The whole game is about trying to go to different timelines to fix your fucks ups.

The only thing stupid about Bioshock Infinite was the ending.

>Nope, he transformed pure water in cheap wine, why would you trust such guy?

He catered a wedding for free, he's a good guy.

What the fuck? The post is gone.
It said he was a hack fuck and all his movies suck, which is true.

his firs tmovie

Superman would do the same, therefore you can use him as your moral guide.

Dawn of the Dead remake was dog shit.

Dawn of the Dead was actual trash

Actually dumbfuck, him crashing the scout ship saved billions of lives as any given Kryptonian at full power could kill the human race one by one by hand and their was up to 20 or so of them on the Black Zero.

He saw her falling right when he emerged from the wrecked scout ship.
And then Zod emerged before he could go start rescuing people among the city.

Your in the minority on this one, how does it feel fuckers.

>most critics were meh on it
>George Romero didn't like it and even compared it to a video game
all that really needs to be said

>They movie is about how people react to, and make sense of evil in the world.

To expand on this Superman is trying to find his way in a world where his good actions can end up having evil consequences he couldn't have foreseen, but which he is nevertheless responsible for. To quote the rebel general from the movie "Ignorance is not the same as innocence." He's unsure if it's even possible for him to do good in the world.

Batman is still reeling from his childhood trauma and trying to make the world good by being the answer to evil in it, "the world only makes sense if you force it to." But he is having a crisis in the face of forces that could render his life insignificant and his struggle meaningless.

Lex is also recovering from trauma, but he has given up any belief in good. He only believes in power which "cannot be innocent" he envies Superman's power and strives to debase what goodness he has to prove the idea of goodness fraudulent.