Why aren't there more canon masculine gay men?

Why aren't there more canon masculine gay men?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q3NcHLRaAN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because cultural marxism user

JoJo fan detected

There's always Gus.

Lesbians are more profitable as the not only attract the LGBT audience every time but the heterosexual male market also is attracted to the idea of two women having sex.

Gays just aren't cute.

Not saying you're not right, but it really annoys me that straight guys have this weird boner for seeing two girls fuck, and then turn around and spew homophobic things towards gay guys.

In the imagination every hot lesbian is a potential bisexual.

>implying I'm not going to get in the middle of those two women and dick them both

Meanwhile gays are gross

t. average man

It's almost like we like girls or something. Nice strawman you got there, by the way.

Well it shoudn't bother you anymore thanks to our new President. We won't have to worry about appealing to people or genders who aren't white or heterosexual (thank fucking god)

b-but diversity!

Everyone's at fault my man.
A great example right now is the Lauren Zuke controversy in Steven Universe.

Lauren was a former fanartist who got a real job storyboarding for SU. Some of the boarders were making two characters Peridot and Amethyst grow a relationship. Lauren Zuke however didn't like shipping the two and as quickly and awkwardly as possible tried to fight against it by making two characters who'd previously disliked and had no chemistry with each other becomes friends for no real reason. Lauren tried to backpeddel by saying "she was trying to naturally create a queer relationship" when there was already one building up and she decided to ruin it because it's not the one she wanted.

But of course instead of people arguing the lack of development or general bad writing, people were complaining that it went against their own shipping and nothing else.

It seems that lesbians exist purely as a sexual fantasy to both people who don't really care and the so called "progressive" LGBT community themselves.

It's kinda funny in a sad way really.

Fuck diversity. I'm so fucking tired of it and it being shoved down my god damn throat. No one gives a fuck expect white SJWs

Oh shut up already.

Not even Sup Forums likes this asshole

>masculine
>gay

So? Sup Forums lumps people they disagree with up in easy strawmen all the time. Are you saying they dislike the taste of their own medicine?

>TFW Every Gay is always portrayed positively as a fruit
>TFW No masculine gays like Alcibiades or Hadrian

>TFW any close relationship between two men are always assumed to be gay
>TFW Having a brother in arms is now an excuse for homo shipping

I hate women.

everyone does that you fucking imbecile
that's what public arguing is about, no one give a shit about "facts" or "truth" or "logic"
deal with it

Alright, so what? Do you think you're saying something I don't already know?

Buttfuggery I can tolerate. But hand holding public? That's just sick.

I don't really care, I'm just pissed off
comics something something cartoons

> LOOK MOM I POSTED

There were many kinds of different gay characters in Sausage Party. also stop forcing homosexuality into children's media

Go for a walk to calm down then.

To Be Continued

dont hate them, put them back into kitchen, so they're useful again.

Back to Sup Forums with you

>TFW Having a brother in arms is now an excuse for homo shipping

Just like the greeks, then?

>coprophagy
One day you will be swallowed into the hell you so want to create on our good soil.

Fucking piece of shit I disagree with! Ugh people with different opinions get me so angry! I wish I could violently beat out any form of dissent.

umm, what did he do?

>Wah wah I talked shit and I got hit wah wah wah why won't you let me paint targets on people's back in peace ;__; where's muh safe space

The guy's a Neo-Nazi. He forgot what happens to Nazis in America.

Because faggots are not like that in real life

To be fair most gay man look like Gus from Mission Hill, my friend is literally like that, he dosen't really care about representation, he just get annoy by how gay man are usually portrait by the media as some faggot sissie he even blame tumnlr dykes for this, he also really hates the gay parade

coming from a gay myself I can't stand pride parades

Me neither, ain't dancing with a faggot on a speedo

Back to Tumblr with you

You know what I want to see? A toxic homosexual relationship between gays or lesbians, I don't care which one.
For some reason I feel that writers need to portray every homosexual relationship as downright perfect in which none of the partners are wrong and society is to blame for their problems. I want to see a shitty man or woman abusing their partner; it'd be an interesting drama.

if there were to be a gay character the only noticeable thing about thier character is that they're gay
If you want a good gay character look at Arcade Gannon

This is one of the best representations of a gay person I've seen in any form of media DESU.

They don't make being gay one of his personality traits like most entertainment does, they don't bring it up every 5 seconds, they didn't even pull a Korra just make him gay at the last minute of the movie. There were subtle hints until the very end of the film tells you.

Why other forms of media can't do this I will never know

people'd lose it, its the 'a female character represents all women' but with a crowd prone to thinking they're going to be culled because someone was mean on the internet.

Richie from static shock is another good example

>advocating for genocide and heiling hitler is just my opinion
>pls stop calling me a nazi, that name has negative connotations :(

Please, women do the same thing. "Ugh guys just want to watch lesbians to get their dick hard, now read my fanfic about two pretty boys fucking their ass-vaginas!!~~~"

They tried that once.
It became the worst American cartoon ever created.

I don't think they released the whole first season.

No it's cool, as straight men we're incapable of caring about anything unless we want to fuck it or are emotionally broken by a wise, witty woman into acting like a human being.

thse two were confirmed gay

whoa lel

You got that wrong

Any sort of friendliness towards someone of the same sex is always turned into homo shipping

You know all those shows with "bro" relationships? They're always turned into homo shipping.

Regular Show? Mordecai X Rigby
Spongebob? Spongebob X Patrick
Adventure Time? Finn X Jake

The list goes on.

They werent really toxic, but they were pretty real discussing about they daily life

I specifically referred to physical violence. Nice strawman
If you are so much of a barbarian that you have to use your fists and not your words I don't know what to tell you.

>get punched because you literally want to kill people
>s-savages ;_;

The Simpsons had a few one-offs like this. Nothing hardcore or anything, but Grady called Homer and asked him to break up with his boyfriend for him. Grady's been having an affair with Duffman.

It's nothing meaningful, but it's a step in the right direction.

To be fair, it probably could have worked if this was on another network, with another main character, with another writing team, and maybe on another show entirely. Allen Gregory was just bad on all levels.

But yeah, this pissed me off. I thought they were going to acknowledge how shitty baldy was. But the show was so up its own ass in trying to be late-era Family Guy.

>Sinking to his level
You are a savage. He didn't attack you, why do you need to sucker punch a guy?

Finn and Jake is particularly egregious given they're brothers and Jake is far more mature.

Because masculinity is a toxic patriarchal value, shitlord.

Don't forget sucker punching with a run up and not even being able to knock the guy down.

You know sometimes i feel like this people just dosen't even understand what they preach, they say they wan't to normalize homosexual couples in society make a big deal when it happens, they say they want to see more boys in shows expressing feeling they immediately label them as gay, a male character is show doing some thing that usually women they said is trans

I want real diversity, not fucking tokenism.
When are we gonna get nonwhite nonstraight characters written with actual depth and flaws?
being gay/brown/female is not a personality trait.

No, now it's just going to become more obvious and pandering since Hollywood has a hate boner for trump

>The guy's a Neo-Nazi. He forgot what happens to Nazis in America.
Exactly. Honestly, it should be legal to punch someone who is spewing hate speech.
How is it a crime if you're standing up for the rights of all people to be treated with basic respect?

I don't know if you guys do it differently, but usually when somebody disagrees with me I try to win them over to my side with facts and reasoning and empathy. When I was five years old I realized that attacking somebody just radicalizes them more. I'm not an intellectual coward so I don't need to hide behind sucker punches or crowds to speak out against hate speech.. I let my arguments stand on their own and it's time the rest of you learned to do so.

That's how gay couples work, silly.
There is the masculine one and the feminine one.

Not really, it's the same with lesbian my lesbian friend hates bull dykes, because being gay it's not an excuse to be ugly whale

user, these people are Nazis. All they know is hate, they will never understand anything other than violence.
They will never be swayed by any kind of words or debate, because they are too consumed by prejudice.

We have to physically put them down before their message spreads anymore than it already has.

Conservatives don't want gays in a kids movie

You literally just used a strawman too you fucking hypocrite

My post is a belief held by actual living people in this year of 2017 unfortunately and was expressed by the poster I responded to in his post (It's called subtext if you didn't know). Your post was misconstruing what I said. Their is a clear difference.

Meant for

but all of the worlds greatest chefs are men.

I don't know, but you think he was a top or bottom?

I oddly pictured him with a feminine thin asian dude.

i didnt say they should cook.

Why is he so perfect?

I think lesbians are boring. I need dicks in pussies to get off. Considering how popular traps/futa are, it seems dicks in (insert orifice) are a critical aspect of male sexuality, straight or gay

youtube.com/watch?v=q3NcHLRaAN8

>reminder that the CDC found lesbian and bisexual women to be significantly more likely to experience intimate partner violence than straight women.

Lapis and Jasper seemed to play on that theme. Nothing too explicit, but some unsubtle comparisons to a toxic lesbian relationship.

I think SU could get away with showing a (very common IRL) physically abusive lesbian relationship because they balanced it out by showing other types of lesbian relationships. Healthy other than extreme co-dependence à la Garnet x herself, perpetually cucked by lusting after straight women à la Pearl, a Peppermint Patty x Marcie type boss x subordinate relationship à la colored Diamonds x colored Pearls, a "roommate relationship" AKA "we have nothing in common other than a shared living space but lets be gfs because it's more convenient than finding someone else" à la Lapis x Peridot, etc.

forgot pic.

>Honestly, it should be legal to punch someone who is spewing hate speech.
This isnt how free speech works. You become a bigot yourself for trying to beat them to death because their words displease you

How did they get that way I wonder

Because you don't seek out the ones that do exist?
Because the west buy into the effeminate gay meme.

If you want hard-body gay, Japan is full of that.

Implying thi is not the most real depiction of a gay man

Everybody loves free speech until you have to hear some skinhead say that he and his friends are going to hang you, your spouse, and your children come the night of the pope or whatver the fuck they call it.

Talk is cheap. Save the violence until you see them coming armed.

i had to look it up, but holy shit it's true...

The problems seems to be women

there are the gay truckers from Future-Worm

> self-reported in interviews

Or maybe men are better at making sure their partners understand how snitches get stitches

bitches be loco

I don't see how I'm contradicting your statement.
>Said depictions do exist
>The "effeminate gay" meme has been a cultural institution in the west, and is one of the reasons why normal, masculine gay characters aren't more common

Though, I don't personally give a shit about Mission Hill.

There's maybe less restraint in a lesbian relationship, and so they're more likely to hit -eachother-.

I watched this movie with my fundie Christian Trump voting family, and they turned the movie off in disgust after that part even though the movie was clearly in the denouement

Most people still hate gays, despite what the media tries to portray. It's not profitable. The best they can do is little potshots in mainstream movies.

I just like how Mission Hill make a gay couple that feel like normal old couple nothing is really weird or exxagereted about them, usually old gay couple are represented ass to old queen, but Gus is just an navy veteran and Wally a former director that for once don't behave like women, i just wish people write gay characters as man and not like women with a penis

Women just dont treat violence as seriously because they're less likely to murder someone in a rage

This, yuri is boring

Homestuck has at least one explicitely toxic gay relationship in it (Jake and Dirk)

> All I know about gay relationships is from the doujins I read