Villeneuve did a perfect job. He made a sequel that was just as boring, self-indulgent...

Villeneuve did a perfect job. He made a sequel that was just as boring, self-indulgent, and pseudo-intellectual as the original.

>pleb fuckwit makes a thread
But anyway, does anyone know where to get something like Gosling's Driver mask from the movie for Halloween for less than $799?

You could try meatspin.com

But you are a pleb, 2014+

>boring, self-indulgent, and pseudo-intellectual
That's only really true for the sequel. Scott actually put effort into Blade Runner.

t. saw Drive for the first time last week

I appreciate that this time you put a new spin on the bait..

so are you on the Goose train on not?

>t. didn't watch the film

Unfortunately I did

Thanks for your money, you can go back to watching transformers sequels now plebbit

Hey it's alright man, people enjoy different things, but most of the autists here enjoyed it so theres that

>if you didn't like it you are a pleb/redditor/roastie
''No''
Now please defend the film on its own merits like an adult

I liked the film even though my girlfriend figured it out in the first 30 minutes "ohh hes the kid" I liked the atmosphere and all that shit.

I just fell asleep because i had 116 oz of beer that day and a $5 margarita so i blacked out

It’d be wasted on you and a waste of my time. Go back to your sneed posting faggot

Great movie, gonna go see it yet again this week since it didn't leave my theater yet like I thought it might. Stay mad OP

The peak of dishonest film making

Hilariously true. The best thing about 2049 is that its exposed how many newfrogs are plaguing this board now

>I literally can't defend this movie

Actually it's agreed by the majority of Sup Forums that if you like it you're reddit

No wait I need to have the last word

It's only boring if you can't understand it's deeper themes. If people actually tried to think for a change and not rely on super heroes punching buildings and took time to ponder this movies question it makes the movie give a much more enriching experience

She didn't figure it out

What does this even mean?

Holy shit are you really saying that its surface level sci-fi 101 'themes' are deep, thought-provoking, or in anyway a challenge to understand? Are you really this pleased with yourself for 'getting it'? I 'got it' and still found it an absolute yawnfest

Not him, but the visuals are great, it does world building, for the amount of Harrison Ford you see in the trailers it focuses 2/3 to a character that is far more interesting and allows you to see his development, music is solid. It's by no means a perfect film or a cinematic miracle but it is a great sequel that at least tries to address the AI versus Humanity theme.

What did you think of the woman who left and sleep has her house?

So you missed the rest of the film and bought the "he's the kid" line. Did she ever tell you what happened afterwards? Because that wasn't a takeaway.

A lot of people claim to have understood it but everyone who sees it more than once finds something new and unravels deeper themes the more they study it. I find it hard to believe you fully understood the movie in how many times did you see the movie?

You just described Arrival. This movie is pretty basic plot-wise, nothing pseudo-intellectual about it. Some of the metaphors were a bit heavy handed but whatever.

If you took out all the wasted bullshit and visuals of flying places in hovercraft, the movie would be like 7 minutes long.

Sorry, but all that extra bullshit does not make it "perfect," son.

I unironcally believe that BR 2049 was better than the original BR. 2049's story had more substance to the story.

>more substance
Wrong, BR2049 has nothing on its predecessor.

One hour and forty-five minutes of autistic replicant
Blade Runner shows up last half hour mostly as a hostage.
Voight-Kampff tests every ten minutes.

>not one, but two turbomeme faggots

Why the fuck did they have to ruin it with Ryan "chickflick" Gosling and Jared "mom's gonna freak" Leto?