Ms. Marvel November Sales

>Ms. Marvel November Sales
>23,621

Well Marvel did it, somehow they killed their new golden goose. How the fuck did this happen? 23K is borderline on the cancel zone.

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/01/07/marvel-executive-set-to-join-trumps-veterans-affairs-staff/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89439880/#89440967
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>have a successful character
>put her in everything under the impression she'll raise them up rather than them dragging her down

>tfw no cute liberal paki gf to redpill

23k is safe.

Now Gwenpool is bordering cancellation.

I still have no idea why she was in The Avengers

CWII killed a lot of books.

To be honest, Ms. Marvel could sale 15K and they still wouldn't cancel it. They would face so much backlash from the media if they cancelled it. They will relaunch it but it goes to show no one really cares about her anymore.

they wont cancel it or moongirl, dey kneed dey diversity.

>Introduce a minority legacy character
>Gets popular because she's actually handled well
>So popular that she was seen as important toward the industry
>Part of her charm is accessibility and how she's a teenage street level superhero who idolizes superheroes
>Marvel decides to get her more involved and have her immediately become an Avenger
>Relaunches happen and she's tied to events more often because of her rise in popularity
>Events lower accessibility
>She becomes a political mouthpiece
>Try to catch the same lightning with other titles
>Sales are now shit

I hope they cancel that shitty tier book.

We agreed with you the first time in the other thread, mang.

Let's not kid ourselves. Ms. Marvel was always shit.

Her first arc is basically "my shit family and my shit religion doesn't allow me to do anything", then she gains powers, then she fights some thugs that have incredible shit goals, and that's it. Honestly, Loeb's Nova was better than this.

But people that DON'T read comics liked it (not for the story, but for the "Muslim adolescent who admires the worst hero" character), and then this shit-tier story was somehow considered the most important story of the century.

What we are seeing now is inevitable.

civil war II tie ins made people drop a lot of books

>>She becomes a political mouthpiece
twas this that killed everyone at marvel. fans are REJECTING the politics. Its too heavy handed, too liberal-arrogant. So we quit buying the bullshit.

I sincerely never understood why people on this board looked at her positively. the first book I read had wolverine in it, and her reaction to him was just fucking terrible.

This.

Also, why do you keep spamming this thread? We don't need a "Ms. Marvel is selling 23k" General.

Her numbers are only going to keep going down with no digital code. She will be 18k by April. If the book is tying into IvX then I expect it to be lower

>23k and relatively well known and relevant

>Unreadable Squirrel Girl under 15k for months kept afloat by decent tpb sales and allegedly strong digisales

>Patsy Walker under 10k for months kept afloat by NOTHING

She'll be fine.

>too liberal-arrogant
But no one likes fascist Carol either.

How would you react to teaming up with Wolverine?

Good. Miss Memer was shit.

>put her in everything
Tell the company that still believes this improved Wolverine that it's stupid

Well, Trump's recent actions can actually help this book.

Marvel probably will keep the book even if it doesn't sell at all, just to send a message or whatever. You Kamalafags can calm down, you'll still read a bunch of shitty stories about voting after the election or reading fanfics.

>kamalafags and robbiefags in a tug of war over who's series is in more of a death knell

It's Robbie.

>Well, Trump's recent actions can actually help this book.

I hate current Marvel

>Relaunches happen and she's tied to events more often because of her rise in popularity
Her solo only did one tie in

>She becomes a political mouthpiece
So we are just going to pretend the millennial arc with the Inventor, the radical muslim allegory that called Kaboom of all things, Hydra gentrification, and the domestic abuse allegory in Kamran didn't happen? Kamala has always been a mouthpiece, Willow just sorta disguised it while Waid beats you over the head with it.

It's Robbie. He's not even in his own goddamn book.

Both of those books are going to float regardless of sales senpai.

who's paying to read that shit?

REST IN PEACE KAMALA
I WANTED TO KISS YOU

Civil War II hurt her so much.
Pre-Secret Wars II the book was dragging but he post volume had a good start.

They fuck up big with the event and tie-ins.

If there wasn't a Civil War II - tie in, do you think the book would be selling 50.000 copies?

It would be selling just as bad.

50 copies?

50,000 then, imperial trash.

The USA are using dots instead of commas?

Again, if Marvel cancels those books they would get a backlash from the media and a loud vocal minority of people. MARVEL HATES WOMEN, MARVEL DOESNT TRUST FEMALE HEROES etc etc.

I read Miss Marvel when it first came out, the fact that they shoved her in a million crossovers and events completely killed my interest. That's the problem with capeshit, nothing is allowed to stand alone.

>somehow they killed their new golden goose
Is Deadpool tanking now? I *did* wonder how many times they could pull the $9 oversized issue trick before people got tired of it.

It's Robbie.

Unfortunately.

>they would get a backlash from the media and a loud vocal minority of people
After the way the election went I sorta don't think Jewmutter's gonna care:
nypost.com/2017/01/07/marvel-executive-set-to-join-trumps-veterans-affairs-staff/

Shame, he's got way more potential than Kamala.

The thing is, if she didn't appear in CW2, everyone would be asking , where's Kamala? Due to her association with Carol, and a Muslim being involved in Preemptive justice, it would be this massive elephant in the room that everyone would be talking about. It was a lose lose situation either way

Comics have always been mouthpieces, especially Marvel (X-Men an analogue for racism, Kirby's reinvention of Captain America with how veterans are treated and how close America could get to fascism if they weren't careful). It's just that Willow was fucking great with it. It was contemporary and had "Issues" but didn't beat people over the head with it along with Kamala and her supporting cast being real characters with motivations.

Then Waid completely shit all over them and played the seniority card when people complained.

What sucks about the mountains of cross overs is that it has one of the best "inevitable Wolverine cross over with a new book because sniktbub means sales" stories as Logan knew he couldn't talk Kamala down from being a hero, especially when he sees her powers, but instead teaches her and encourages her not to be a big city hero (Because he sees a lot of Laura in her) and look after her community. Which was really cool and brave for a book not to totally hook on to the greater Marvel U and exist in it's small part of New Jersey. Even when they had to do the inevitable Carol team up. They did it in a way that made sense.

AND THEN WAID SHIT ON IT ALL.

The way things are going, he might be gone from Marvel soon anyway. Seems like every department is either ignoring him with the Xmen/FF ban being lifted this year, Feige alpha'ing him out of film and rumors they are starting to get on mutual ground with Fox. Plus the mouse (Iger in particular) didn't seem to appreciate him hurting their own IP with ridiculous bans in other mediums just because they didn't have the film rights.

FUCK WAID

>Kirby's reinvention of Captain America with how veterans are treated and how close America could get to fascism if they weren't careful
And this is why Stan should have died and Jack should have lived on.

>Xmen/FF ban being lifted this year
Sauce?

Waid's trend of using his comics to SJW soapbox is so heavy handed and stupid it almost comes off as satire mocking the very thing he's trying to push.

Didn't she do this fairly early on?
It was pretty fun.

Now Waid is to blame for Kamala's shit sales?

>is so heavy handed and stupid it almost comes off as satire
DELETE THIS
DON'T GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO READ HIS BOOKS

My friend dropped the book as soon as that event destroying the multiverses started happening.
Man, what a way to kill the appeal. Doesn't help the original artist hasn't done an issue in a while, being replaced by that generic japanese guy who can't even get the fluff of Kamala's hair, nor her cute nose.

Oh yeah, pretty """""fun""""".

Kamalafags have low standards.

>AND THEN WAID SHIT ON IT ALL.
doesn't help that both waid and bendis used kamala just as shipping fodder. Great feminism there.

kamala is a dork since day 1, what's new about this panel?

>shipping fodder
>no one is shipping her with ghost rider, easily the most popular fan ship

it's only popular because they're both brown.

>100 year old Jack Kirby traveling around America to punch Nazis in the face

Alternate reality makes this gay one look so much better some days. Hypercrisis when?

Can't really pin one down but Data for X-Men characters was found in Marvel Future Fight with Netmarble saying they would have "Good news about highly requested characters" this Spring, the guy who leaked Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite said X-Men and FF characters would be post launch in 2017 and the "Deal is done" and X-Men and FF characters have been slowly returning to Merch lines lately. There was also a lot of talk about the ResurreXtion event being where the ban really starts getting lifted.

this
I hate KamalaxRobbie, and I'm a spic.

>Can't really pin one down but Data for X-Men characters was found in Marvel Future Fight with Netmarble saying they would have "Good news about highly requested characters" this Spring
Sauce on any of this? I visit the MFF general every day and the closest thing to what you're describing is the one guy who keeps spamming Bill Roseman's tweet about ResurrXion as "confirmation" that the X-men are coming.

The only X-men stuff that's been data mined was some juggernaut stuff that's been there since launch.

>robbie
>relevant
It's all about #MilesMorales, user. The one true Spider-man.
Get with the times
I wish Miles was good, I really miss Ultimate Peter

And being a dork is a good excuse for the "pop-culture-jokes-please-laugh-at-it" panel?

Low standards, low sales. It all makes sense.

Don't the big two sell issues for like $5 each? That's a lot of money for a webcomic printed on tissue paper.

Considering that Kamala writing fanfics has been a thing since issue 1, it is an excuse. It's her character.
That doge panel was bad tho'. But Kamala gushing about fanfics is alright, so suck mah dick onii-chan

>it is an excuse of a character
Fixed.

DC is currently selling for $3. Marvel is milking their fags with issues that cost $10.

>fanfic writers
>having a personality
>ever

Remember when marvel was at the top of the game as sales are concerned a few years ago
what happened?

They try to pander to people who don't read comics.

>there hasnt been an issue where future writer kamala is a thing

She would be a Daniel Way-tier writer, with her "pop-culture-is-funny" personality.

>no issue which is just one of Kamala's in-universe fanfics

Everyone seems to be posting Kamala pics today so maybe it will translate to sales

Writing fanfics is a pop culture joke?

>Everyone seems to be posting Kamala
Yes all the muslim ban thing do that, I've seen a thread of Kamala on , in the last months nobody gives a fuck about Kamala, maybe some new people will buy that now

>twas this that killed everyone at marvel. fans are REJECTING the politics. Its too heavy handed, too liberal-arrogant. So we quit buying the bullshit.

Probably should've quit the moment they had Captain America take on a villainous embodiment of Nixon way back when.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/89439880/#89440967

Maaaaan, it's always been like this.

>Then Waid completely shit all over them and played the seniority card when people complained.

Source for Waid playing the seniority card?

Why are you Kamalafags blaming Waid for the sales of a comic he has nothing to do with? Blame the fucking writer.

I'm more surprised Wolverine humored him as much as he did as opposed to "jesus christ kid get out of my hair already" he always is with teen heroes.

>>Ms. Marvel November Sales

Be honest. How many of you faggots actually buy comics at all?

Thank God

A shariah superhero isn't progressive.

Do women like this even exist in real life?

You can make a point without shitting on half your audience. Marvel hates me and my family.

Go to London, they are common as hell there.