Why are people still salty about the undertones and themes of Steven Universe?

Why are people still salty about the undertones and themes of Steven Universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=op7homWY_hU&lc=z12sw3fbatv4yhic422yhvspqszoclpgh04.1485636981506455
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't get it. If this shit was OK, what was the problem with Zeke and the Peridot/Lapis fiasco?

Because it's not handled very well.

It's fun to complain.

Zuke apparently couldn't handle office politics or know when to back down.

>undertones

Because anons feel attacked by the mere presence of people with different political or cultural affiliations.

Bullshit. Nobody would've said shit if all the characters in SU were heterosexual.

Shipping everyone just because one can is not a good idea.

Because im just mad because im single : (

#MasculinityUnderFire

Because they're a bunch of overacting retards.

Because years of the slow degradation of Marvel Comics to "SJWs" has embittered Sup Forums's heart to even the concept of progressiveness.

SU is the leftest show on television right now by a long shot, which creates an awkward situation when your entire ideology is based around how the left is culturally and morally degrading society.

Lapidot is a shit pairing.

I just want to comment on the giant blue waifu

Also because anons think that they're #TRIGGERED-ing fans when they complain about it. That's it really.

> Nobody would've said shit if all the characters in SU were heterosexual.

this is what perpetual victim complexers actually believe.

Because Steven Universe is EXTREMELY boring, so arguing about stupid shit like identity politics is the most entertaining/interesting thing to do.

You know, I watched the show and was waiting for the part where it started pandering hard to to the sjw crowd.

It was about halfway through the third season that I realized it never does. It's just people on Sup Forums extrapolating scenes and dialogue to extreme degrees in order to complain about things.

I mean, I guess if you're not used to seeing gay people on television that's one thing, and I realized it's new ground for cartoons, but we've had gay romances on TV for a while now.

im all in favor of masculinity as long as my son doesn't turn out like this

....Death by Snu Snu!

>as long as my son doesn't turn out like this
With a massive head and takes selfies?

Sup Forums gets triggered by any sort of gayness, it's sad actually. I'm a Trump supporter but I have never found anything in SU to get upset about. It's just a liberal cartoon with an interesting plot.

Try to be sensitive user, she's far too sad for snu snu. You need to comfort her.

Any man with leftist political views is a pussy,
end of story

Why is Saphire so cute?

but I like pussy

because men go with women, that's how it works.

SU also promotes traditional mid-20th century masculinity. Greg is basically a Jimmy Stewart character.

Almost no one cares. The lesbian undertones and overtones don't bother me or most people.

What bothers me is the smug sense of heroic righteousness; as if the cartoon was being created in 1930's America or modern Saudi Arabia. People want to believe that they are heroically fighting a bigoted system by creating or liking SU. So they greatly amplify any speck of hatred that they can scrounge up to feel like a hero who is taking serious risks.

LGBT community like to pretend people are upset over it

The only people who """care""" about a children's cartoon are 40 year old moms and trolls on twitter

Pat her ass.
Say you can't reach her back.
Ask her to lie down and rub her back.
Then say "don't cry. beautiful women shouldn't cry".
Playa.

>to feel like a hero who is taking serious risks.

they actually did take some serious career/creative risks. Not with the lesbianism, but with uncle Andy. The moment they started to humanize him instead of make him a one-dimensional villain was the most controversial thing to the viewers of SU.

I'm reminded of how so many media mouthpieces were calling Maryl Streep "brave" for her anti-Trump speech in front of a cheering crowd of Hollywood liberals and the Golden Globe audience. I'm an anti-Trump liberal myself, but even I can recognize that it would have been much more "brave" to do a pro-Trump speech. It wouldn't have been correct to praise Trump, but it would have taken way more courage and guts, and probably risked your career as well as your social life in Hollywood.

hi Sup Forums

>Why are people still salty about the undertones and themes of Steven Universe?

They probably aren't getting enough potassium in their diet.

I don't see anyone being "salty" about it, some criticisms here and there but nothing big.
On the other hand i see a lot of people making up bullshit about people being "salty" so they can start dumb thread and be smug about it.

Just like Mel telling the truth about the Jews

and any man with right winged views likes to fuck his sister, whats your point?

yeah, kind of. I mean, I don't agree with what Mel said, but I do think it was somewhat "brave" to say it. Although he was extremely drunk at the time, and I'm not sure that "liquid courage" should count when we're talking about bravery.

>Then say "don't cry. beautiful women shouldn't cry".

This is just about as bad as the eat all the eggs line.

Zuke acted like a retarded autist by shipping a shitty pairing and trying to push it into the show through her episodes, even though nobody else working on the show really wanted it, and she tries to justify it as her having tried to give queer people representation even though there are already other canon gay relationships in SU. She got pissed off when other Crew members + Rebecca told her they didn't want to make it canon and that could have been the major reason behind her quitting/getting fired and throwing tantrums on her personal blog. She also did a pretty good job at fucking up Lapis' character while she was at it.

Well you can't just say "my place or your's baby" or "Swiggity swooty" or "Your hot" besides she probably wouldn't understand those.

Is it true you let niggers fuck ur girlfriend?

Because the first half of S1 was fun slice of life while the second half was building on an overarching plot. Instead of focusing on either, it became more about discussing the results of the undertones. Nobody cared about three gay space rocks raising a kid or three gay space rocks mentoring a kid. It's when it became the gay space rock drama that it started to get boring, so people don't like that.

No, Because user doesn't have a girlfriend and wishes he can have that kind of relationship. Thanks to PC culture, everyone is in fear of getting raped and their feelings hurt.

So no heart warming relationship for user. :C

Because it's sexual.

Mel Brooks truely is best Jew.

It's not so much the show itself as it is the fandom. Fans and reviewers like to present it as "so brave" and focus primarily on the gay shit, but that's not what it's about.

The show is about more than LGBTBBQ and the characters have other traits. That's how you do a diverse cast.

With how many people got buttblasted at episodes like Bismuth and Gem Harvest, you have to wonder if they actually watch the show.

>Sugar makes it clear to Zuke that Lapidot is not supposed to be happen in the show, Zuke throws a shitfit over it
>she then goes and makes a post on her blog about how she wrote Lapidot as a romantic couple even though no one else on the crew intends for it to be canon

It's really pathetic and unprofessional. She's trying to make about how she wanted gay representation, which is stupid cause there are already plenty of gay characters in SU. She just wanted to make her badly written self-insert fanfic a reality.

But who are Peridot and Lapis going to end up with now that they're not going to be with each other?

I'd like Amedot and Jaspis but realistically? No one. I kind of doubt any pairings will be made canon aside from Steven/Connie, Ruby/Sapphire, and Rose/Greg.

Jaspis would have some extremely negative implications without extensive character work on both of them. Amedot works better, but I doubt we're going to see large amounts of time devoted to the pairing.

>Nobody would've said shit if all the characters in SU were heterosexual
>implying

Nigga please. The generals would be nothing but bitching about all the heavy-handed romance in the show. People watch this show only for either the townie episodes, or the lore. Everything else people bitch about.

>Bullshit. Nobody would've said shit if all the characters in SU were heterosexual.
>nobody would've made homosexual characters if people didn't say shit when they did.

They are rock space aliens.

>Bullshit. Nobody would've said shit if all the characters in SU were heterosexual.

>People watch this show only for either the townie episodes
Literally no one in the world watches SU for the townie episodes

Cuz the only thing more easily triggered than SJWs are anonymous people on online cartoon message boards.

>relying on apathy to win people over
Great strategy.

The Finale will explain everything...
youtube.com/watch?v=op7homWY_hU&lc=z12sw3fbatv4yhic422yhvspqszoclpgh04.1485636981506455

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

>SU is the leftest show on television right now by a long shot
SU criticized the more extreme elements of left ideology, and doesn't demonize conservatives, so nope.

I love the kind of autism on display in video like this

God that sounds awful.

People of Sup Forums think its pandering if there is more than one minority character of a certain ethnic on a team or if whites are the minority for a particular area.

Never listen to Sup Forums.

Making it harder than it sounds.

You gotta say you know a way to ease the pain and then work into a lesson about biology as she won't have any fun parts because evil-alien-space-rock.

>We'll play your game Rebecca, that's how you get shit past the censors.

Fucking lost it.

>Dat John Money namedrop.

Things are radicalized on both sides, they refuse to see news outside their little right/left bubble and dismiss any negative argument by jewish conspiracy or white males. SU is a show entirely built around and sustain by the tumblr crowd so yeah, it was brave to not demonize uncle Andy when the audience expect an extremely biased portrayal just like they get it on every media they like.

>Entire episodes dedicated to loving and having an understanding of the other side, not necessarily giving up and accepting it, but keeping your mind and heart open just in case

>During a climate where people wish the other side was never born

Whether you think you're red-pilled or woke, you're going to end up getting pissed off by this show.

>On the other hand i see a lot of people making up bullshit about people being "salty" so they can start dumb thread and be smug about it.
You sound salty

Someone post the counterargument about how the show is not nearly as bad as haters place it out to be, because for one, Greg is far more competent as a parent then the CG's working together, among other things.

i was going to post this but you beat me to it

>Show softcore stuff.
"Humans do this all the time!"
Now what?

Nigga, the show could be about absolutely fucking anything and people would complain about it, this is Sup Forums.

> KIDS LOVE RAAAAPE

oh god, I laughed so hard that I had to pause the video, because otherwise I would have missed the rest of it

>people hate Uncle Andy
>because he's a stereotypical american joe played for humor and overcoming initial doubts
>people hate this show
>because it makes allusions to homosexuality existing at points

Is this what it's like being an American, just full of hatred for anything? If the force was real, the US would be a nation of infighting Sith.

Zuke is about as professional as a hitman who only kills people by beating them to death with Ikea brand balloon furniture. The posing and shipping demands are just a bonus.

Pretty much this. Keep in there last user, we've all been in that place.

>When this has been posted so many times you recognise it from http alone

Hold on. Zuke left?

>undertones
They're a bit too blatant for that.

No official confirmation but all signs point to her having quit or gotten fired in November.

because ther are more dance scenes than fights

Like what? If this is true it sucks.

It's almost as if a population of over 300 million people will have a variety of opinions about things.

>Andy
>ever portrayed as a villain

How do you breathe?

There's nothing sexual about the show. It's about romantic love and relationships mostly.

The most sexually charge moment of the show that comes to mind is when Garnet emerges from the ocean and jamie is awed.

But what about all the men who go with men and women who go with women

I disagree with you. The whole "two characters actually fused into one because of their bond" thing is fucking adorable and only causes rage by virtue of the lesbian-ness of the whole matter.

Eh, when I watched the show it was for the townie episodes. No point in getting invested in generic space opera bullshit when it's just going to fizzle out in the end anyway. But they didn't give me enough Gunga, so I bounced.

I just always thought it was the same crazed people who whisper as loudly as they can through tightly-clenched teeth "AGEEEEEEEEEEENDAAAAAAAAA!"

I'm a Republican and I haven't seen anything liberal in this show other than, you know, The Gays™. Anyone who claims that there's "non-binary" or transgender stuff is pulling shit out of their ass. E;R is hilarious, but this definitely applies to him. The show is great and I'd let my kids watch it, though I might need to sit down and have a real discussion about politics with them after Gem Harvest.

well the art style sucks, and it's gay

nigga what the fuck does the secret snake club have to do with anything
reachin ass nigga startin shit

Ronaldo is more & more right the more they show...how long until we see that the Sneeple are just homophobes too?

E;R is Ludo going after Star.

>pol analyses
Stopped reading right there

I ain't readin all that shit nigga

I work so hard for you and you don't even appreciate it, user.