Shelf/Recent Purchases Thread

Old shelf thread died while I was taking pictures.

New shelf/recent purchases thread.

Post your stuff.

Have not been in one of these threads in ages

Jurassic Park comics? How is that?

The classics ones are really fun. Starts with a film adaptation and then increasing mental sequels where south american warlords train dinosaur armies and velociraptors fight gorillas.

The new ones are incredibly forgettable.

>Centipede Lovecraft
nice, I had to settle for B&N edition since centipede is OOP

Is Animal Man good?

thats one hell of a collection! Good work

Yes. It can border on the pretentious with how meta and introspective it gets towards the end, but don't think it ever quite tips over. Really good run.

I'm not actually the biggest Lovecraft fan in the world. I really wanted the Blackwood and Hodgson books, and just grabbed Poe and Lovecraft to complete the set.

Just wish they'd do an MR James collection. No one does weird fiction better.

up

I finally finished Fear Agent

I don't see what the hype was about

Any news on the Prophet hardcovers I've heard are coming? I have a wishlist as long as my arm but don't want to start buying in one format if nicer ones will be out shortly... Looking at you BPRD! Very tempting to pick up the paperbacks to have a complete collection, but I know the second I drop £50 on them they'll reprint the bastard things.

Got these last week. All five issues of Captain Sternn.

Recent purchases. I got laid off so they are few and far between nowadays.

First shelf. And I got some manga on that shelf above.

And my second shelf. My goal for this year is to get employed again and starting filling these shelves out again.

Is that the paperback Hack/Slash omni?

How's the binding? Much gutterloss? Always puts me off big paperbacks but tempted by this.

>Captain Sternn
Nice, I've been reading Wrightson's collection of Creepy/Eerie stories

ooh there's a lara compilation now? how much was that? also, best design over the crappy reboot.

nice cat

>all that centipede stuff
lucky guy

Maybe I should fix up my comic shelf with regular books, too. maybe it looks better then.

At least stick to the thread format if you're going to make one, god damn.

I like comics

Thoughts on Saga?

read it before you buy it. it's hyped as fuck but many people say wrongly so, better check it out first.
premise is basically a mixed marriage and how everyone who hates that is evil so if you're not into leftist political statements it's maybe not your cup of tea.

The binding is pretty good actually. There isn't a hard cover version so they made this one good. And it has an acceptable amount of gutter loss. It's mostly just borders.
I got it from Amazon for $25.46. It's not a nice as the library editions from Dark Horse but still one of the nicest hardcovers I've gotten in quite a while.

nice funkos

Kind of pissed about the One Million omni. the order is totally fucked up. For example logically, Adventures of Superman should come before Ressurection Man because one directly leads into the other, but instead, they put Ressurection Man first and then Adventures of Superman.

wew

Lad

Up

you're crazy! he's crazy!

I want a creepy/goth/whatever girl series. Courtney Crumrin, Lenore, or something else? Bizenghast maybe?

Everything I've really purchased this month. Not shown are some POP! Vinyls and the Kotobukiya Bizzarro statue. Been eying the either DC's or Koto's Batman v Superman stuff.

How much was that Animal Man Omnibus and Fables??

Don't remember, had them for a while.

Fables tends to be about £20 a book but I wait until I spot them a little cheaper, which is why I think I'm one or two volumes behind.

Latest is volume 13, 14 is on April 18.
15 will probably be released next year.

They're doing Jack in the same format too, aren't they? Saw the first one up for preorders a while ago.

I'll still probably pick it up, even though Jack is a bit shit.

Infinity Gauntlet Omni is so much worse. The lead up is fine, but the event series is all in a row and the crossovers that ook place during it are placed after. Also IG has a lower crossover quality level than DCO.

I don't really know, though I'm pissed why they take so long to release a "bundled" version of what they already released.
I want to buy all Hellblazer volumes but it's only up to issue 175 of fucking 300 and they only release two volumes a year.

that's quite a lot

>POP! Vinyls

For what purpose?

I like them? They're just little collectibles.

I have a bit more on the way, but nothing too crazy.

that sounds horrible

Took some pic for the first time in a while but I still have a few dozen books to shelve.
1/6

2/6

3/6
Sorry about the non-picture books.

4/6

5/6
Try and spot the western comics.

6/6
The bagged stuff is old Dan DeCarlo comics. Some Betty and Veronica but mostly Josie.

Back row on the bottom shelf is Japanese editions of Ranma 1/2.

What do you think, sirs?

not yet

how's Gantz? always been tempted to start collecting them, the premise seems really bizarre

I've only read the first volume myself and it confused the fuck out of me but I want to read more.

well I love Ranma, shame it ended kind of aprubtly.

stick aorund

rate me
1/2

can hardly see the comics

2/2

I like it but I'm not easily turned off by what some people might dismiss as "edgy"

I've only seen the final volumes in Japanese. They lost me when they went from the old style books to the smaller editions and by the time I tried picking it up again they were all out of print. Same thing happened with Inu Yasha.

Kinda light on the comics but you've got God Hand and Code Veronica so I suppose you're okay.

>Kirby
>Legion
>Fury MAX
>thumbsupkid.gif

War of Kings is the same way, and that entire fucking era had one set of writers.

this is unfuckingbelievable, who edited that shit? hope he got fired.

>Tokyopop

They fucking followed me on Twitter today, I forgot they were even returning.

I looked at their website and it still lists all their Original English Manga (read: manga-style comics) with Priest being their only actual manga (obviously cos they produced a film and retained the rights somehow)

Should've fucking stayed dead

Crumrin is great, Lenore has not aged well and owes to the lolsorandum type humour of that era.

Boneyard was meant to be decent but never read it

New doom patrol
Godland vol 1
Lost at sea

>Should've fucking stayed dead

They put out volumes of Akira that were just still images of the movie arranged like comics panels. What a fucking joke

you can't be serious. got a link to one of them?

Just got some new shelves. It's a work in progress

Emily Strange

can't this shit ever post the right way?

Hah I remember those, fucking 'Cinemanga'. Did them for a good few films IIRC, Ghibli included

Speaking of manga, I only just found out that Tezuka's Message To Adolf vol.1 omnibus is long OOP and fetching for at least $100 dollars EVERYWHERE

I'm pretty fucking sure I saw it in some bookshop in town, gonna be a serious scramble to find it now. So many Tezuka books came out the last few years and I couldn't keep up with em all

>Bizzaro upside down...

you.. I like you.

Pretty sure that's actually part of the trade itself

open it up in an editor first and SAVE it. some programs just open it, switch it the right way for concenience's sake but don't actually tell you and if you just close it, don't ask to save it.
also that Infinity Gauntlet is pretty cool, wasn't aware they even sell stuff like that.

Thanks man, it's more a problem of trying to upload it from a mobile, don't think my actual desktop's ever had the problem.

It's actually the recalled Infinity Oven Mitt from one of those lootcrates that was giving everybody third degree burns.

figured as long as I'm not trying to pull reality brownies out of the oven I may as well stick some LEDs in it and make it a set piece

judge me

Is it?That's amazing.

Damn, that's a sexy collection. What's that huge book between Absolute Death and Absolute Watchmen?

hey you!

>judge me
You have blinded me. I judge you guilty of shooting photos with a potato.

want to be you/10
we have very similar tastes

wait i have a better pic

absolute crisis of the infinite earth

Just got a cheeky package from latvia

Forgot my pic!

oh yeah thanks, now I see the Crisis logo on top.

DC cancelled the legion lost collection

I picked up one of the mini Kus! anthologies, finished it the other day. Would love to take out a subscription to them if I had more money

source?

fuck man, I pre-ordered that! got a source? amazon still says it's pre-ordered.

Priest isn't a real manga, it's manhwa.

If their banner is on the right side it's most likely manga. Viz got the rights to lots of their stuff, they didn't even change the covers, they just covered up the Tokyopop logo with their "Viz Select" logo.

Sure, I just wanted to simplify it. If it was manga they'd still retain the rights from the film either way

Also good, at least Viz might give the books proper treatment and not print em on toilet paper

hachette

up